PDA

View Full Version : taking the next step

danaillecd
12-21-2011, 11:42 PM
after sometime of reading all the posts about walking out the door and not looking back it finally happened to me. yesterday i had enough of work so i closed the business untill after the hoiday i packed and headed out of town. i knew that i needed some girl time so i was taking it. 1st was to get some things to complete my wardrobe then off to the mountians. got to my room and put all bags in the bedroom. next call to a local nail salon made the appointment and i off and running got my pedi first the to the nail tech. sometime later walking out with long nails painted to match my toes. getting late so i returned back to the room to get ready for the next day. took a long bath then shaved from the next down washed off and got ready for the morning. the next moring started with make up and putting the wig on. got dressed and got out the heels that i just picked up. sat around most of the day playing on the net. then the phone call came. old freind from high school called and asked me what i was doing and it came out . told her everthing and only did told me that she was shocked but told me that i had to go out and enjoy my fem side. so i waited until it got dark then out the door i went never looking back. got to the car yhen thought to myself you did it. took a ride then stopped at the dress barn and walked in. no one in the store so it made it easier to look then the sa came over to me and asked me if she could help. told her that i just looking told me to take my time and showed me the sales rack. she told me that i looked good and to come back any time. she gave me a few pointers that would help me in the future. wow what a night. now that i crossed the door way im ready for the next time hope its not to long thanks to all the girls on this site that wrote posts i took them to heart and allowed me to go out and not worring about passing

EmilySeattle
12-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time! I'm totally jealous, I hope my confidence gets to that point some day soon. :daydreaming:

Marleena
12-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time! I'm totally jealous, I hope my confidence gets to that point some day soon. :daydreaming:

I'm trying to work up the nerve myself. Congrats Danaille!

Cynthia Anne
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about young lady! It won't be long before Danaille is doing her shopping in broad daylight! Keep going girl! Hugs!

Carol A
12-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I must agree, now it becomes addictive

Claire Cook
12-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Wonderful, Danaille! You'll remember the first time just like the rest of us have ... the fear and trepidation, the nerves, and then the exhiliaration and wonder that "Yes, I did it and the world did not come to an end!" Here's to the next shooping trip!

lauraabdl
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
The first steps are the hardest, baby steps, then when your confidence grows its off and running girlfriend. All the best to you and your new found freedom.

I made the plunge last year and have not regretted it since, I'm so much more happier and I find that people do accept you for you, just be honest with yourself and somehow the rest works out.:thumbsup::)

cindy777
12-22-2011, 07:24 AM
So happy for you to finally take that last big step out into the world. Sounds like you had an awesome day.
Hopeful next year I will be able to accomplish what you did yesterday, just getting into make up now.
Way to go girl.

Cindy

Beth Mays
12-22-2011, 07:36 AM
I hope I too can get to the point that I can just accept me as me in a world of people that cant even deal with their own crap... wait a sec... why am I worried about them?

MarcyRex
12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Inspiring. Everyone does these babysteps. Myself, I do the 2-steps forward, one back, 3 forward, 4 back. Wearingout my heels...

Tina B.
12-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice trip to the mountains, but I like the part where you tell the friend, and she turns out to be so supporting, that's a great friend!
Tina B.

Barbara Ella
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
A trip to the mountains, a trip out, and a trip finding a new accepting friend. Wonderful trips indeed. Congratulations.

Babes

kimdl93
12-22-2011, 10:23 AM
congratulations, Danaille - its pretty exciting to step out into the unknown, isn't it! Have a great holiday!

Beverley Sims
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
It takes a while, I have to put my wig now on and go down Bayswater Rd. to buy some milk.
I don't give it a great deal of thought now.
I agree it was a real rush just to feel wind up my skirt not that long ago.
There are other hurdles to give me a rush now.

Jessie29
12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Well done :) - I only hope one day i can gain your confidence and step out.

GeorgiaHall
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
That is a terrific story! Thanks for sharing it with us and making me jealous... ;)