PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear perfume?

Glenda
09-05-2004, 07:45 AM
In my short time here, I haven't noticed that anyone has talked about wearing a fragrance when they dress. Girls, no GG would feel dressed when she left the house without wearing a fragrance. One of my girlfriends works at the fragrance counter at Dillard's. I had dinner with her last Friday night and she gave me about a dozen samples of the latest fragrances. We tested a lot of them and she explained the differences, but there were so many that it was hard to keep them straight. Another girlfriend came by to visit after I got home so I already have lost a couple of samples.

I've decided to test them all on separate days. Thus far, I am most satisfied with Vera Wang. It smells so good on me that I think I will wear it every day whether I'm dressed as Glen or Glenda.

nuffsaid
09-05-2004, 07:59 AM
I have quite a few.

When I'm dressed for the evening I use Obsession from Calvin Klein
In the day either as a man or women I use Intrusion by Oscar De La Renta for Women
When Just going out just to do nothing, (day to day) stuff I use secret roll on deodarant & spay on a little Bijan or inner realm.

I haven't used cologne since highschool.

joannablake
09-05-2004, 08:12 AM
I use only two different types on for my male side and one for my female side. For my male side I use Stetson Sierra. And for my female side I use Tendre Poison by Chrisian
Dior.

Love Always
Joanna

Priss
09-05-2004, 08:28 AM
As a general rule, I don't. Mainly in deferance to those many asthmatics out there. Especially in the work place...

I do like to wear something when I go out though. Unfortunately, that's been awhile... I think I need to go perfume shopping...:o

CindyT
09-05-2004, 08:57 AM
I guess it is the fear of being caught by the wife when I get home. I always figured she would smell it on me and think it was from another woman. I guess when I'm out of town it would be possible, so maybe I'll pick some up for my next venture.

Amelie
09-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I usually don't use perfume, if I stay home there is no need, and when I go out, the clubs usually smell from sweating dancers and just bad smells in general, that you can't smell the perfume. BUT,, when I do use perfume I liked this one called Evening in Paris. It's supposed to be a perfume used in the 1920's that they brought back, I like the fragrance.

Love Amelie

PS- When in drab I wear Powder de la Baby

Bernadina
09-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Depending upon how I feel or where I am going my 3 are:

Alfred Sung - Forever
Givenchy - Organza Indecence
Stella McCartney

Whenever my wife and I are at the mall, which is several time a week, we try the different perfumes. We both spray the same one on our wrists to see what they are like on us. There are a whole bunch that don't smell good on either of us and very few that do.

'Amanda
09-05-2004, 09:26 PM
In my short time here, I haven't noticed that anyone has talked about wearing a fragrance when they dress. Girls, no GG would feel dressed when she left the house without wearing a fragrance. One of my girlfriends works at the fragrance counter at Dillard's. I had dinner with her last Friday night and she gave me about a dozen samples of the latest fragrances. We tested a lot of them and she explained the differences, but there were so many that it was hard to keep them straight. Another girlfriend came by to visit after I got home so I already have lost a couple of samples.

I've decided to test them all on separate days. Thus far, I am most satisfied with Vera Wang. It smells so good on me that I think I will wear it every day whether I'm dressed as Glen or Glenda.
I wear "very sexy for him" when in drab, and pink when dressed. Both are from victorias secret.

Amanda

AnnaMaria
09-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I don't wear perfume when i am dressed either way but I do wear a body spray that I have found that I greatly enjoy. It is a warm vanilla sugar spray that matches my body wash and lotion that i use all the time. I get them from the bath and body store in an outlet mall near me. They smell so soft and fem that I just can't resist. And my wife knows that I do and doesn't mind the idea. Of course I do have a bottle of CK Obsession for men and have been considering trying the womenversionjust to see what it is like. If anyone can offer any input as to how they compare I would love to hear from you

anna

CharlotteSomers
09-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I love to wear perfume. I don't wear alot though. I just like to smell nice when walking around and shopping.
Besides, I know when I pass a girl that smells nice, I'm almost instantly attracted to her even if I didn't see what she looked like.

Jocee
09-07-2004, 05:35 AM
I wear a touch of fragrence everyday now....

Normally it's CK/One, but lately I've been wearing Micheal (Micheal Kor)....

My favorite is Sung..... OMG.... but that is strictly girlmode :)

Jennifer in CO
09-07-2004, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Priss]As a general rule, I don't. Mainly in deferance to those many asthmatics out there. Especially in the work place...

Thank you to Priss!!

I am an asthmatic, and as such there are very few scents I can be around that dont trigger an attack. One, that I wear most of the time (in drab or not), is Patchuli. A lot and I almost die, but just a touch and everything is fine. So many women wear it strong because they get "used to it" during the day and keep adding, all the while its still very-much there and now gagging folks around them. A little goes a long way ALL DAY!!

Jenn

Glenda
09-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I had never considered the effect on asthmatics. That's what makes a forum informative. And thinking back to my married days (years), I am reminded that coming home with perfume on raised a few questions. Well, I'll continue my sampling of fragrances and remember that moderation is a good rule of thumb.

Rachel Elizabeth
09-08-2004, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't go out without wearing a hint of Chanel No. 5. I also use the body lotion. I have had both men and women comment on the fragrance.

Long live classic and subtle scents!!!!

jessicadiane
09-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I started wearing perfume when I first ventured out.I don't feel that I need to wear perfume when I am just dressing at home.Also like erica and a few other ladies I also use women's deoderant when I dress :p

samantha78
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes but it's not usually noticed because I use womens deoderant, shaving products and I only use a very small amount of perfume. The wife may have noticed but she doesn't seem to mind. Plus she wears to makeup ever and no fragrances so somebody has to! :D

But like Erica I use a lot of femanin produces also like deoderant, shave products, etc...... no one seems to notice!

misshell
09-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I fell in love with a fragrence called Halo, made by Victorias Secret. I have the perfume, powder, skin silkening lotion, and body lotion! I can't get enough of it. My wife says I smell like a French H**ker, and I smile proudly!!

Alison-Chloe
09-12-2004, 04:31 PM
i wear obsession perfume to all day long or ! perfume

carolynhcd
09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
I wear Raffinee by Houbigant when dressed and wouldn't consider myself femme, whether going out or just lounging around the house in lingerie, without perfume. I have worn it for twenty years now, and luckily my clever GG found it on the net and bought me three bottles and a large bottle of the body lotion, so I am set for the next several years. She wears it when I have to be in drab so that I can at least have the lovely odor of it near me. She's wonderful!