PDA

View Full Version : My wife is fully on board; perhaps more on board than I am.

Kali
12-22-2011, 07:39 AM
My wife has always been supportive of my dressing, occasionally buying me outfits as a surprise, or having us attend private BDSM events with me dressed. But she has always been insistent that I fulfill my role as the man of the house (which isn’t an issue) and not shave above the waist. I work at home, so we’ve fallen into a natural pattern, however, where I perform more of the role of a traditional housewife, and she has also found that to be very workable, as her Director-level job is often very stressful and not having to worry about household tasks has become a major plus for her.

My career is such that the 4-6 hours a day I devote to it is enough to make a decent income, so things go very smoothly. So over the last two years we’ve fallen into a pretty comfortable pattern. So you can imagine my surprise when, completely out of the blue, we sat down yesterday to dinner and she told me that for 2012 she would like to take this to the next level. I should start shaving completely, live the female role 24/7 with the only exception being around my adult kids and family, and we should develop more of a social life focused on TG events, groups, meetings, etc. (we’ve never attended anything like that).

I’m really nervous about this step. Even fully shaved I will be in no way passable (I’m 6’4” and 280 lbs; dieting, but I will never not stand out in a crowd, presenting as a male or female) and I’m concerned about the way people in public will react, not so much to me, but to her accompanying me. I’m sure that my attire will continue to be primarily androgynous, but she expects me to take female life seriously, which means makeup, nails, etc., all maintained and used on a daily basis, so anyone who actually looks at me will see these things.

She says that we need to do this to see where our future life goes (we are in our 50’s). She tells me that she can see how much happier and relaxed I am when I’m dressed; that the simple act of putting forms in a bra and slipping into a ladies t-shirt and jeans makes me visibly more comfortable and energetic. I know that she loves me and she tells me that she will treat me like her much loved girlfriend (she’s always been bisexual and had long romantic relationships with women in the past). She knows that I have no interest in men, and that my female self is very sexually passive and vulnerable. She tells me that she will deal with that aspect of life however she needs to. So there are no issues with that, either.

When she asks me how I feel about this all I can say is that I am nervous. I can’t really define my feelings here. It seems like such a big step; even the act of shaving will mark a major break with the past (I’ve had a beard for close to 40 years). She has asked me now if I really want to do this and my answer is that I think I do; I haven’t been able to give her a definitive “yes”. You would think that I would have an answer easily on hand, but when faced with this it seems like such a major life change.

She has also asked me to attempt to define where I am on the CD/TG spectrum. I actually have no answer for that beyond it not being a fetish thing and the fact that I am simply happier and more content with life when those forms go into the bra and I dress for the day.

Life goes on...

Beth Mays
12-22-2011, 07:49 AM
WOW... Huge step if that really is what she is looking for.

ThiHi
12-22-2011, 08:26 AM
The best thing, as I see it, is you're communicating. That's the key. Sounds like a great journey! Do it honey, shave. That's a great first start. Take it as it comes.

Cynthia Anne
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
To go where no man has ever gone before is a major step! Shave it and love it! 'Cause you will love it! Let the rest fall into place as it may! You will know when enough is enough! Have fun! You only live once! Hugs!

kimdl93
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
I guess its your life. But I do think you're remarkably fortunate to have a wife who is willing and interested in taking this farther. She met your interests and needs more than half way. So I think its not unreasonable for you to meet her half way or more.

Abbey Lane
12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Kali you are a lucky lady. Give her a few hugs and tell her you love her. I just told my wife last month I was a cross dresser she accepted it but she really doesn't want to see Abbey nor will I be able to wear lingerie to bed. But at least I feel so much better. I have actually got all my items out of my hiding places and put them in garment bags in my closet. She'll never go in my closet so it's a start. At least now I can put my forms in daily without having to go under the stairs to pull my stuff out. So you are lucky for her to do all those things. Good luck to you. I doubt mine will say anything more about my dressing but it's okay at least she knows.

Dana921
12-22-2011, 09:32 AM
I can see the challenge!

After being place in a position of being able to live out your life the way you may have only dreamed about, things can change a lot! It is a chance to fully explore yourself with someones help and possibly in doing so have a final answer as to what path you will choose or you believe is right for you! So from that perspective I say try it! Shaving can be undone pretty easily as well as some other things. I do understand after shaving my beard of 11 years that, for me, it was kind of like symbollically opening up and letting folks see me more for who I am or wish to be. The beard gave me a more gruff exterior that seemed to help me be more unapproachable so I did not have to interact as much with others. I am not saying this is true for all guys wearing a beard but after a lot of reflection and years later knowing more about me now, I am thinking it may have been true for me.

Regrets are often from what you did not try versus what you did try!

Dana

Tina B.
12-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Big change coming up! If I where in your shoes, I would tell her it sounds great, but I'm a little scared of the sudden change, and how it will go, so lets do it in steps and make sure we are both comfortable with where it's at. Then do a slow strip, first the chest, and arms, give it a few days until it feels normal to you, trim that beard in to a goatee, then in a few days you'll be ready to shave it all off, you have a chance to live a fantasy that many of us have, you'll hate yourself latter if you pass this chance up, after all, you have an invitation to the party, so enjoy it!
Tina B.

GeminaRenee
12-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi from one Kali to another! (: It's great that your wife shows so much support and is willing to take this next step. I would just express to her that you want to maybe ease into it gradually, and just be open with her about your concerns. If you're concerned about how people will react to her, express that too - but also keep in mind that she's old enough to know what she wants and is willing to accept whatever results in consequence. Maybe she's decided that this is exactly what would allow her to seize her day, and have a great new experience. I guess, just don't let fear of the unknown hold you back - you do only live once, and this could be exactly the sort of thing that really completes your life, something that many of us would love to have the opportunity for. Carpe diem, babe! Good luck!!!!

Cheryl T
12-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh, decisions, decisions....
Tread lightly on undisturbed ground and be sure that if your feet begin to sink that you have a pathway to safety.

DebbieL
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
It is natural to fear change, even a change we really want. I suspect that your wife is more aware than you are. You may decide that you just want to be a cross-dresser, which would probably be fine with her. On the other hand, knowing that the door is open to transitional efforts could be a great way to decide for yourself whether or not you really might be a transsexual who wants to transition.

Many transsexuals who go through the process of living as a girl 24/7 find that they really don't want to have to get up earlier to put on make-up and do their hair, and wearing hose and heels every day, for the whole day may get so ordinary that it looses it's "thrill". At that point, they decide they would rather have the option of switching back and forth between male and female presentations - at will, rather than making the plunge to full time woman.

As for weight and physical issues, you may find that those are less of an issue. If you are dressing regularly, you may find that you are more aware of your weight and will naturally want to eat more sensibly and may even want to go for exercise more frequently, especially once you get to wear you look similar to other normal women in your fitness class.

Your wife may even be aware of this, and may be looking forward to some of those extra fringe benefits.

Alicia Grey
12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
When I was a child I liked cookies, I would eat cookies night and day if I could. One day my mother gave up on the cookie limit and said go ahead and eat all the cookies you want. I did, and developed a tummy ache, To this day some 70 years later I still cannot eat cookies.

Could this be a manulipitive drive to test your sincerity over your limited cross dressing, or does your wife, since you have shown your powers as a help around the house. Does she really want you as her house wife. AN ENVIOUS POSITION.

My un-asked for opinion: Go ahead and live the life that a lot of us would be jealous of.

DanaR
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM
If that is what she wants, give her the answer and hang on. It could be a wild ride.

Kali
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Just as additional points of referene, I have been dressing just about every day for almost the last three years. My wife is a director-level executive at her company; I work form home, though I am very successful in my career, as well. But , for the most part I've been her housewife this entire time. I do all the cooking and most of the cleaning.

So this isn't a test of my being dressed; I already get up earlier than she does, dress, fix breakfast, etc. It's a push, among other things, to be more open and social about this and to develop new sets of more understanding friends and aquaintances.

And we would both be happy if I lost more weight ;)

Barbara Ella
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Even in my short time of being out to myself and my wife, I see the pattern of my behavior and her fears/aspirations. It is easy for us to become comfortable in what we do at some point and just stay there. My wife's mind, however, does not become comfortable nor stable, and I suspect neither does your wife's mind. It is always working and going over scenarios of what if... My wife has already expressed her fears of my eventually wanting to become a woman although I have no aspirations. Even given her fears, she wants me to progress, and we will deal with it, if it ever comes. I suspect your wife is expressing her fears by wanting you to progress along the lines she perhaps has fears over, but loves you so much she wants you to be happy.

Be honest, discuss your fears, and make sure you and she understand her fears and concerns. Make sure she understands that if you do not feel comfortable doing this, you will want to come back to where you were. Would she be comfortable with that, or is she expecting the next step to happen, and maybe even want it, or demand it. Honest communication to make sure expectations. You wont be happy when you are not comfortable, and this can be just as bad as not coming out in the first place. This is a wonderful opportunity for you both if it fits for you both.

Hugs, Babes

MissMarcie
12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Perhaps someone has been reading too much fictionmania?

Marleena
12-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Kali this a wonderful chance to expand your horizons. It's obvious your wife has done her homework and is asking you to progress. It's up to you to go along, or not. Facial hair and body hair grow back, so it should not be a factor. Best of luck whatever you choose.:)

DonnaT
12-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Well, you could give it a try, and see how you feel. It is easily reversible.

Seems your wife is more on the lesbian side of the bi/lesbian scale, and wants to explore that side more, but with you.

I see some problems.

One, your becoming confident in expressing the woman within out in public, even if you don't think you can pass.

Two, it will get back to your kids. So you might as well let them know what's going on. It will be a lot easier on the nerves.

Three, if you have doubts about where you are on the trans scale, this is one way to find out, but what if you find out you want to transition? That will bring you back to "two" if you haven't let the kids know by then.

The choice is yours and yours alone.

I know I wouldn't, because I am happy being able to do things in either mode. Shaving did help in this regard.

Kali
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM

What do you mean by that?

suchacutie
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Kali, your situation strikes me as an interesting opposite to the usual discussions here. Those discussions end up centering around the fact that we are who we are, and attempting to superimpose something or someone else is never successful. The normal mode is that an SO wants her husband's transgenderism to disappear. That won't happen.

In your case, your SO might be taking your transgenderism to the other extreme, and if you are not comfortable with that path the results could be just as earth shattering as those whose SOs want them to eliminate their femme selves. In my opinion it is important for you to decide who you are and what you are comfortable with. At the very least you need an agreed upon way out of the situation if you realize that you really do not want what she is suggesting.

Compatiblity and mutual respect are the keys to any marriage. Why does it sound like these are at least partially missing in this scenario? This doesn't really sound like a joint effort unless you have a D/s relationship.

best,
tina

Kali
12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Kali, your situation strikes me as an interesting opposite to the usual discussions here. Those discussions end up centering around the fact that we are who we are, and attempting to superimpose something or someone else is never successful. The normal mode is that an SO wants her husband's transgenderism to disappear. That won't happen.

In your case, your SO might be taking your transgenderism to the other extreme, and if you are not comfortable with that path the results could be just as earth shattering as those whose SOs want them to eliminate their femme selves. In my opinion it is important for you to decide who you are and what you are comfortable with. At the very least you need an agreed upon way out of the situation if you realize that you really do not want what she is suggesting.

Compatiblity and mutual respect are the keys to any marriage. Why does it sound like these are at least partially missing in this scenario? This doesn't really sound like a joint effort unless you have a D/s relationship.

best,
tina

That's an interesting point.

Compatability and mutual respect, along with a lot of love are the cornerstones of our marriage. It's more on the order of while we may not currently be on the same page, we are both in the same chapter. She may just have skipped ahead ;)

She won't actually push me to do something that I'm not willing to do; I'm sure she feels she is giving me something that I have always wanted. I think part of her motivation may go back to an incident that happened earlier this year. It's described here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?150851-The-joy-of-the-loving-and-accepting-CD-community.......not&highlight=

Madilyn A.
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
On the surface this sounds like a dream come true for many of us. I do however see the dilemma of being your height, I too am tall at 6'3" and presenting as a woman is a challenge for sure. But, as many of the girls have already said, go forward, communicate all the while, and enjoy ! I'm sure both of you will find just the right pace and destination in your journey. Good luck !!

Marleena
12-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Don't let height stop you. I posted this a couple of days ago: http://www.tallwomen.org/models/

If you are going to trans friendly clubs it's no big deal at all.

Bluesman
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
I say go for it. What have you got to lose? If it doesn't work for you, you can always dial it back to your comfort level. Beards grow back quickly.

suchacutie
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Kali, I forgot to add to the end of my post that if you are ready to head in this direction, don't let anything stop you! One way to determine your feelings is to "give it a test drive"! Might that be an answer: Move into the 24/7 role for, say, 30 days, and reassess?

This is, effectively, the way Tina was brought to life. When she is Tina, she IS Tina. It's all or nothing, and that means it's ALL :)

Best wishes,
tina

NicoleScott
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Kali, go for it, but do it because YOU want to, not JUST for her.

Someone (?) here on the forum has a tag line that goes something like this (certainly not verbatim): you will regret the things you didn't do more than for the things you did and now regret. Someone help me out here.

ArleneRaquel
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Kali,
Your wife is a gem. I've been 24/7 for almost eight years now, its the best.

BRANDYJ
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I can understand this since my SO is a Dominant. She also likes me in fem mode and thinks of me as a woman when I am in her presents. However, she would never want me to go 24/7. Frankly, I'm glad. I like both sides of my duelality. it would not work for us/me. However, if this is something you both want, I see nothing wrong with it. If you accept this, I hope it works out for you both.

Jennifer in CO
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Mine knew of my "propensities" long before we got married. In fact, when I proposed to her I was wearing an outfit she had given me - pink bra/pantie set under a blue knit (denim pattern) peasant blouse and gauze/linen bell-bottoms (and yes the pantie showed through the pants if you looked) with suntan pantyhose (helped hide the panties) and "earth" shoes (shoes were mine)...and had just flown to Colorado from Texas dressed as such in 1976 to propose to her. Her attitude in the beginning was as long as I didn't want to BE a girl she didn't care what I wore...I was still the same person inside. She had a serious horny streak and I didn't BUT, when dressed I was a different person...one who enjoyed sex and similar activities so she set out to keep me dressed as often as possible. She was the one who pursued the Dr for our anniversary and when he found the med study she encouraged me/Dr to get me on it. She was the one who enjoyed my developing breasts. She was the one who suggested I transition (work forced it but thats a different story) and she was the one who requested I transition back 4 years later. Some women just like fem men and some will do what ever to keep their men horny...if that means making a girl out of him then so be it. I know I enjoyed it...

Jenn

Ana.lp.lug
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
You need pursue it on your terms but it is nice that you have the support you have.

Jessie29
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
You need to be sure your ready. Only you know what's going on in your mind and you should follow your heart.

No matter what your sisters here at cross dressers are routing you on :) x

Kaz
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Tread carefully... what is she really wanting? This smacks of a game play... she is making a move to test where you are... Think it through!

Kali
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Tread carefully... what is she really wanting? This smacks of a game play... she is making a move to test where you are... Think it through!

We've been together 9 years, marrried 6 months; she was well aware of all this before she agreed to marry me. I really don't think it's a game.

cindy777
12-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Quite an opportunity to experience being a woman 24/7 with the full support of your wife is indeed a rare thing. If you really enjoy dressing and she wants you to dress all the time with minor excepts for immediate family, it sounds good for everyone. Should try it and see where it goes. All the best.

Cindy

cdsara
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
good luck and I hope all goes well, keep us posted.

anonymousinmaryland
12-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I sure hope all of this is true, and that everything works out for you.

Joann Smith
12-23-2011, 02:13 PM

exactally what i was thinking! My wife loves to test me.. Just to see how serious about it I am..

Joann

ReineD
12-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I’m really nervous about this step. Even fully shaved I will be in no way passable (I’m 6’4” and 280 lbs; dieting, but I will never not stand out in a crowd, presenting as a male or female) and I’m concerned about the way people in public will react, not so much to me, but to her accompanying me. I’m sure that my attire will continue to be primarily androgynous, but she expects me to take female life seriously, which means makeup, nails, etc., all maintained and used on a daily basis, so anyone who actually looks at me will see these things.

She has also asked me to attempt to define where I am on the CD/TG spectrum. I actually have no answer for that beyond it not being a fetish thing and the fact that I am simply happier and more content with life when those forms go into the bra and I dress for the day.

Why don't you just tell her that you will move forward as YOU feel comfortable and you will let her know when and if you want to appear in public dressed.

Is it really up to her to decide? I mean, if you do not go out in public dressed, will she leave you?

In terms of defining where you are along the gender spectrum, this is hard to do, since you only have your own feelings as a reference point and you do not know how women or other men feel in order to compare. So the best solution is to go with whatever feels comfortable to you. If you enjoy going out fully dressed (and possibly being read according to your description of yourself), that's fine. If you enjoy the experiences and decide later on that you identify more as a female and you want to present this way full time, that's fine too. And beyond this, should you decide in the future that you want SRS, then you can deal with it when it comes up. But all along the journey, you need to do what is comfortable to you and not your wife.

Ultimately the determinant of who you are along the gender spectrum will be based on what you do and how YOU choose to live, more than who you think you are based on not having tried anything. But, a word of caution. If you love the idea of being forced to do something like this (even if it is gently forced and even if you feel nervous), I think it is an indication that you are more a fetish CDer than someone who is destined to live life as a woman because of gender identity.

Kali
12-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Why don't you just tell her that you will move forward as YOU feel comfortable and you will let her know when and if you want to appear in public dressed.

Is it really up to her to decide? I mean, if you do not go out in public dressed, will she leave you?

In terms of defining where you are along the gender spectrum, this is hard to do, since you only have your own feelings as a reference point and you do not know how women or other men feel in order to compare. So the best solution is to go with whatever feels comfortable to you. If you enjoy going out fully dressed (and possibly being read according to your description of yourself), that's fine. If you enjoy the experiences and decide later on that you identify more as a female and you want to present this way full time, that's fine too. And beyond this, should you decide in the future that you want SRS, then you can deal with it when it comes up. But all along the journey, you need to do what is comfortable to you and not your wife.

Ultimately the determinant of who you are along the gender spectrum will be based on what you do and how YOU choose to live, more than who you think you are based on not having tried anything. But, a word of caution. If you love the idea of being forced to do something like this (even if it is gently forced and even if you feel nervous), I think it is an indication that you are more a fetish CDer than someone who is destined to live life as a woman because of gender identity.

This isn't about being forced to move forward. she really feels that she is giving me what I want (we continue to discuss). It isn't "do this or else" situation. everything, from shaving to appearing ion public presenting as female, is up to me. She is just a very systematic, organized peerson, and I truly believe that if thiswas her set of issues, this is how she would organize her life.

As far as being a fetish CD, can you be a fetish CD if thre is no sexual component to dressing in female presentation?

ReineD
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Sorry Kali, I may have misunderstood your original post. I was under the impression you weren't quite ready to do this, but you were considering it based on nothing other than your wife's request.

This is why I was thinking "forced" rather than "voluntary".

If this is what you want to do, then by all means, go ahead! :)

Being Paige
12-23-2011, 05:24 PM
OMG you are so lucky to have a wife that accepts this side of you and actually wants more of you as Kali. I would be nervous too! But I would definately take her up on it and see where it goes.

MissMarcie
12-23-2011, 07:26 PM

What I mean is - this sounds like some kind of a version of 'forced feminization'. A lot of CD's love this kind of thing and dream about it. A woman bossing you around and demanding that you become more femme. What could be better than that? The only problem is - it almost NEVER happens in real life.

Annaliese2010
12-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow you have a hot wifey. Sounds to me like she wants you to be a girlfriend both in and out of bed. Sooo hottt. Why not, girl? I'd die to be in your heels! *sigh...* :battingeyelashes:

Rachel Morley
12-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I’m sure that my attire will continue to be primarily androgynous, but she expects me to take female life seriously, which means makeup, nails, etc., all maintained and used on a daily basis, so anyone who actually looks at me will see these things.
My wife likes a feminine (male) partner and when we first got married she was very much pushing the "girly boy look" whereas I was all new to pushing the envelope of feminine expression (especially in public), so I totally get the idea that you might be balking at some of the suggestions or expectations of your wife. I myself, when it happened to me, was quite scared but having her with me at my side (or should that be me being at her side?) made things so much easier. It only feels like it does because you are not used to feeling emasculated. Once you get used to being what I think of as "little" "sweet" and "girly" ... but a feminized male to everyone else who sees you, you will feel better and before you know it you being girly will be a cornerstone of your relationship, and your fully en femme persona will really come out from the shadows and you life will be more fulfilled because of it ... or that's to say, that's how it was for me. Oh, and BTW for anyone who's wondering, yes my wife is an assertive woman who likes to be in charge. :)

flatlander_48
12-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Just as additional points of referene, I have been dressing just about every day for almost the last three years. My wife is a director-level executive at her company; I work form home, though I am very successful in my career, as well. But , for the most part I've been her housewife this entire time. I do all the cooking and most of the cleaning.

So this isn't a test of my being dressed; I already get up earlier than she does, dress, fix breakfast, etc. It's a push, among other things, to be more open and social about this and to develop new sets of more understanding friends and aquaintances.

And we would both be happy if I lost more weight ;)

Q: How do you eat an elephant?
A: One spoonful at a time...

MissMarcie
12-24-2011, 02:04 PM
It only feels like it does because you are not used to feeling emasculated. Once you get used to being what I think of as "little" "sweet" and "girly" ... but a feminized male to everyone else who sees you, you will feel better and before you know it you being girly will be a cornerstone of your relationship, and your fully en femme persona will really come out from the shadows and you life will be more fulfilled because of it ... or that's to say, that's how it was for me. Oh, and BTW for anyone who's wondering, yes my wife is an assertive woman who likes to be in charge.
This is an interesting situation. I guess there's a fine line between "forced" and someone being "assertive".
As far as feeling "better", I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that.

Rachel Morley
12-24-2011, 02:44 PM
As far as feeling "better", I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that.
I meant that in the beginning, still being dressed as a male (albeit an androgynous one) and having all the things that Kali says she will have (makeup, nails etc) and going out in public and/or having friends and acquaintances see you like this can be a little bit "difficult" at first and you might feel and little bit shy or uncomfortable, but soon you will feel better as it will become easier and you'll get used to it and enjoy it more. It's like you want to do this anyway, but you just can't bring yourself to do it on your own. There's a fine line between fantasy and reality. You need and "assertive push" from someone you love and trust (one's wife in my and Kali's case) to take to where you want to be.

MissMarcie
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
I meant that in the beginning, still being dressed as a male (albeit an androgynous one) and having all the things that Kali says she will have (makeup, nails etc) and going out in public and/or having friends and acquaintances see you like this can be a little bit "difficult" at first and you might feel and little bit shy or uncomfortable, but soon you will feel better as it will become easier and you'll get used to it and enjoy it more. It's like you want to do this anyway, but you just can't bring yourself to do it on your own. There's a fine line between fantasy and reality. You need and "assertive push" from someone you love and trust (one's wife in my and Kali's case) to take to where you want to be.
I think you've just described every CD's ultimate dream. I guess some part of this depends on how "manly" (not sure if I'm using the right term here) you are to start out with....and just how badly you actually want live out your femme desires in real life. Do you mean that you have makeup, nails, etc. in guy mode all the time?

CDPheobe
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM
What a wonderful outcome. My SO told me today when she drops off the kids with their father that I am to dress up fully, make-up and all, and we are having fun. Now if we venture outside the walls of our happy home, then so be it. Merry Christmas to all by the way. My children will be coming home after my SO and I have had our fun and they are finish with that side of the family. We can kick off our Christmas hang out as a united family afterwards. But only after I get undressed from my fem clothes. Lol.

JessicaM1985
12-25-2011, 04:00 AM
After reading your posts carefully, it sounds like this is something you want to do, but are a little overwhelmed by. Ease into it girl. I also like the suggestion of doing it 24/7 for a little while and then re-evaluating. Hair grows back and makeup can be taken off. I would say though that if you do decide to transition, you will have to tell the kids at some point.

The part that makes me happiest is that your wife truly loves you and cares a LOT about your happiness. It sounds to me like you are happiest living as a girl, so go for it!

The low points in my life have taught me one certainty:
Life is far too short to be living it at anything less than 100%. Dont worry about passing. You dress because it makes you happy, not because its socially acceptable. If we all dressed by society's standards, then there wouldn't be any TG/TS/TVs to begin with.

You are a very lucky girl to have such a loving and and supportive wife. Hugs and love dear. :)

Kali
12-25-2011, 08:39 AM
When I step back and analyze my feelings, I realize that all of my trepedation, at least that which I can identify right now, surrounds shaving off my beard. An act which is more symbolic than anything else (shaving body hair will be much more aggrevating; learning proper application of makeup, time consuming, choosing my wardrobe carefully each day, interesting) but that for some reason it is what makes me the most nervous.

I know that I can dress to not stand out any more than I do, and tha vast majority of the time, people see what they want to see (My wife and I went to breakfast yesterday with me wearing proportional breast forms, a grey silk blouse, grey sweater, black leggings with knee highs under them and a shoe styled very much like a maryjane, and no one blinked an eye, or even seemed to really notice). It could simply have been somewhat effeminate male clothing, but I didn't even notice any second glances.

I think I need to get past my fear of shaving; I think in stages, then see where this goes. if I'm severely uncomfortable, I'll just step back from the precipice and perhaps try a different approach. I know that my wife will support me regardless of my choices.

insearchofme
12-25-2011, 01:14 PM
I speak from experience, beards do grow back.

LilSissyStevie
12-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Privately my wife likes me femme and submissive, especially in the bedroom. But publicly she prefers my masculine persona. We live in a remote area and are surrounded by the zombie victims of social decay. She likes the fact that my masculine persona doesn't feel that life is a sacred right but a privilege earned by not being a threat. I want to serve her in any way I can, even if it means being a dude sometimes.

adraine
12-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow, how cool good to see you Dana looking awesome as usual, I still have on my drivers license my picture with my full beard ( i look like a terrorist), It was my mask to the world hiding the real me , I mean who would think a cd'er would have a full beard ,about 2006 when I had to close my business down I decided that I wanted a change and shaved off my beard ( my wife didn't recognoze me when I picked her up at the airport she was shocked) needless to say she is truly a blessing and supports pretty much everything I do , I started laser hair removal about ten months ago on my beard and upper chest @ American Laser while it has been every month on my face and every other month on my chest I'm happy with the results ,while the laser targets dark hair from what I have experenced my grey hair still needs tobe shaved but my beard regrowth has been certainly curtailed no 5 oclock shadow ever again which I certainly enjoy but I would in hind sight gone with a mom and pa shop (would have been cheaper) lots of deals on social network sites Ie 3 treatments for $99.00 thats a deal anyway I agree with Dana and may your road rise to meet you as your path is certainly the one less traveled in spirit x2 Truly Godspeed Adraine