PDA

View Full Version : It happens.. What happens when your wardrobe is crammed full.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2011, 04:16 PM
What do you do with all that lovely retro gear, designer clothes, things that don't fit anymore. that lovely evening dress and don't forget that wedding dress, veil and garter you just had to have? Yes you wore most of them ONCE.
You could just cry, purge?, give them to charity or put the whole lot in the
"Too hard basket" and go sleep on it.
What do you do?

kimdl93
12-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Stick with the classics...and watch my weight!

Karren H
12-22-2011, 04:29 PM
You sound like you should be on "Horders".. Lol. After going through my MIL crap she brought with her I've become an anti-horder. If I buy something, 2 things have to go..

Kaz
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Do what I did... buy a bigger house! Then when you get to my age and you want to downsize... the problem is on a different scale!

jamie-upstate
12-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Have a little fashon show and see what works and what doesn't. Will I ever ware it again? Send the rest to a good cause.

Miranda-E
12-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I do a lot of repurposing. That blazer I never wear becomes a jacque or shrug, dresses came become seperates, whatever I think of.
I need to justify the fleet of sewing machines somehow :)

monalisa
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
You could have a garage sale? Or see if there is a local CD group you could donate it to. Or put it on the classified site here for free Or take it with you when you travel and leave a little bit everywhere.

Trish
12-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I have three closets full of my fem clothes. One small section has my complete male wadrobe.
Purge some of it, no way.

Miranda-E
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Or take it with you when you travel and leave a little bit everywhere.

So, thats where the one shoe on the highway comes from.

Loni
12-22-2011, 04:48 PM
purge is what i say. dump the guy junk to make room for some new dresses. :-)

Sophiewouldbenice
12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I moved out and bought a bigger closet, unfortunaltey it is really full now ^^, maybe I can switch the closet for male with female clothes ^^

Cheryl T
12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
As they say...if you can't remember the last time you wore it ... it's time to let it go.

Our new mantra is In with the New...Out with the Old. It's like a good inventory controller, FIFO, First in First Out....

suit
12-22-2011, 07:09 PM
EBAY ! take very good pics and you'll get good bids

MsJanessa
12-22-2011, 07:13 PM
you give me a call--if youre the right size I can help--lol

jillleanne
12-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Been there also at various times. I did different things I suppose because of the state of my gender expression I was in at the time. Like many, I bought things that never fit to begin with but looked so sexy I had to have them anyway. They all went to a local charity store. Most shoe stores sell up to size 10 in anything with a heel, so of course, we cram our size 11 feet into size 10 until our feet hurt. The last time I cleared out shoes, I believe it was 54 pair that went to a local charity store. I have since replaced all those things again but in the correct sizes and yes, everything is full again. My s/o and I clear out all our nail polishes at this time of year and replace it all, sort of an annual ritual for us. I suspect in the spring we will do some more annual house cleaning and follow the annual migration to a local charity all over again. until then, we have about 30 huge Rubbermaid tubs we keep off season clothing in and store in my cargo trailer.

Alice Torn
12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
To the tune of "Rawhide". Hoardin hoardin hoardin. Keep those hoarders hoardin! I admit I hoard, but make meager efforts at trowing things out, and giving away. For every dress i give away, three more show up!

jillleanne
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Do what I did... buy a bigger house! Then when you get to my age and you want to downsize... the problem is on a different scale!

LMAO, just over a year ago we sold our home and replaced it with our retirement home. We went from 5,500 sq. ft. to 1,250 sq. ft. Hence, the reason my toy hauler is full of clothing, audio equip., house wares, etc. just so we can move in this house. I'mnot sue I can do this small thingy for much longer.

Sheren Kelly
12-22-2011, 07:55 PM
The TG support groupI belonged to 10 years ago would have a member's tag sale once a year. You could get rid of whaterer no longer fit and replace it with someone else's cast offs. Everything that remained went to a woman's shelter.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM
You could have a garage sale? Or see if there is a local CD group you could donate it to. Or put it on the classified site here for free Or take it with you when you travel and leave a little bit everywhere.

There are a couple of CD group suggestions and as always thanks for the leveller.Meaning a different point of view.
The second part of your post leave bits everywhere refers to a coat that I have surplus now. It has been around the world 3 times has big pockets for cameras and they are repaired with gaffer tape. The sniffer dogs love it, it is full of smells I guess. The wife says dump it,as I bought a nice furlined one in Seattle.
When I go to the airport now I am wearing two coats. I just say it is cold in Europe, and that was at LAX!

docrobbysherry
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM
It's a funny thing about closet poles. U can nearly ALWAYS hang another outfit up! When I worry about pulling a muscle getting something off or putting it back on, I know it's time for YET ANOTHER closet pole! Or, another closet!

Fortunately, "Hoarders" hasn't found me yet because I'm always in drab out!

GeminaRenee
12-22-2011, 09:39 PM
There is a classified section on this site. Sell it to some girls you know - keep it in the family! (: