PDA

View Full Version : Questions about why your legs are shaved

susangirl
12-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Last night me and my wife where over at our best friends house for a little party for Christmas and I had on shorts. About 10 of us out back (mostly girls at the time) sitting near the out door fire place and Susan V. ( one of the reasons I took the name Susan, she's beautiful ) says, " did you shave your legs". I answered her "yes I did" and she ask why. I told her well, first of all I like to bike, second I like to swim and it's makes me faster without all the hair on my legs. Third it makes my legs look awesome when I'm wearing stockings and 5 inch pumps. I got a good laugh because they all know that my biking and swimming are not on that level and for me to have stockings and 5 inch pumps on I must be crazy. No problem. Just tell the truth and all will be good. I can't wait until next week in Atlanta ( I don't live there) be wear those stockings and pumps out the the movies and dinner.

Marleena
12-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Lol..good answer Susan! Sometimes telling the truth is better than lying about it. Looks like it worked for you:)

UNDERDRESSER
12-24-2011, 01:54 AM
I was sitting around one evening in the Summer in bike shorts, and a girl made a comment about cyclists shaving their legs. I said, "Nah, the cycling thing is more of an excuse, I just like the way they look." Of course, I was, a little bit drunk.

Melody1985
12-24-2011, 03:27 AM
I haven't had anyone ask me why I shave my legs.. I'm sure that's because I just started, and since it's the winter time (and I don't go out en femme), no one ever sees my legs. But I'm sure the day will come when someone asks, and I think telling the truth like that is actually a great idea and I think I will use it.. who woulda thunk it??

So if they ask me if I'm serious, and if I really wear heels, I'll just reply "Yes of course I do.. I want to make myself feel taller." <<< That would be confusing to whomever I tell because I am 6'8" already...

DanaR
12-24-2011, 03:32 AM
I've never had anyone say anything about my legs; which I usually epilate. What cool about that is I'll epilate just before summer, so by mid summer it is growing out and by the end I'll epilate again. Then the rest of the year I'll just epilate when it needs it.

dhome33
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Do what you have to do, but be proud.

Cynthia Anne
12-24-2011, 05:28 AM
The truth is always the best! No doubt! Unless you are working in goverment!ha,ha! I shave my legs 'cause they get hairy if I don't! Hugs!

suzy1
12-24-2011, 05:53 AM
This is a question that comes up a lot.
I was asked, why do you shave your legs?
So I gave an honest answer, I don’t like a hairy body. No C.D.ing was mentioned but it was honest.
The worst reaction I have ever got is “that’s a bit weird” to which I replied “yep”

SUZY

MarcyHunter
12-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Gone cottin choppin.

Kristy_K
12-24-2011, 07:03 AM
I had Psoriasis on my legs and it kept hair from growing on the bottom half of the leg. So I shave the top half to match the bottom half. That is what I told people who asked about it. Most girls get jealous about it. I never had a negative reaction from it. It is so much easier to live life when you don't lie. Just be proud of who you are. You could amaze yourself with how many people that will be proud of you for taking the chance to be yourself.

Beth Mays
12-24-2011, 07:13 AM
My job is very hot in the summer months, and I sweat pretty bad. Shaved is not only cooler but makes for much less BO. I have used an eppi on my underarms for years as the hair would mat up and prevent the deodorant from doing anything. I use a blade or elect shaver not only with the legs but the chest as well. I know many other drivers shave their body hair in summer as some (like I) shave year round. and a few shave their heads as well... I am NOT go'n that far.
Many women ask with a smile about it, all I do is smile back. UPS expects us to look our best, most take pride in that. That pride is something I CAN bring home from work.

Shari
12-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Tell whoever cares that you do it to promote better hygeine.
I shave everywhere, neck to toes and I don't really care who may or may not have a problem with it. It's my body and I'll do with it as I please.
(feels pretty darn sexy too)

Jeanna
12-24-2011, 07:33 AM
I shave it all. When someone asks me why do you shave your arms? I reply I shave it all! My wife loves how it feels, You should try it!

Lori B
12-24-2011, 08:05 AM
The truth is always the best! No doubt! Unless you are working in goverment!ha,ha! I shave my legs 'cause they get hairy if I don't! Hugs! :heehee:ain`t it the truth,,,,for both ...lol Merry Christmas Cynthia!

marlaNYC
12-24-2011, 09:48 AM
lol, i've done pretty much the same thing. when i was a kid, i was a pretty good and very dedicated racing cyclist, and of course, much to the bemusement of my parents, shaved my legs. aerodynamics. then i saw the state of a friends leg after a nasty crash and realised it wasn't just about the wind resistance - a clean leg was a huge boon to healing. when i 'burned' my leg on a tennis net, and later when i broke my leg, the hair stopped growing back all around the area of the injuries, so clean legs have always been easy to explain

i still keep 'em clean and after the 'hygiene' and 'health' and 'comfort' conversations, when asked, i do kid that my legs look amazing in heels. and they do ;)

Laura_Stephens
12-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I had Psoriasis on my legs and it kept hair from growing on the bottom half of the leg. So I shave the top half to match the bottom half. That is what I told people who asked about it. Most girls get jealous about it. I never had a negative reaction from it. It is so much easier to live life when you don't lie. Just be proud of who you are. You could amaze yourself with how many people that will be proud of you for taking the chance to be yourself.

Kristy, I have moderate to severe Psoriasis (25%) and I have two Rx's for Betamethasone. Are you on similar meds?

Cheryl T
12-24-2011, 11:32 AM
As the saying goes..."The truth is stranger than fiction".
It's something how an answer like that is accepted.
I need to have foot surgery and the dr and I were discussing limitations afterwards. He looked at me and said "well, you don't wear high heels so it won't be a problem", I replied, "No, no that often". He just continued on without missing a beat.

WandaRae2009
12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I have shaved my leggs for severaly years. Actually I did before I came out to my wife after too many years. She made a suggection once, because it made her itch in bed. Didn't have to tell me twice before she changed her mind. She doesn't like my dressing but whe likes the clean leggs. I epilate now, and she will remind me some times when I am behind in maintenance.

Launa
12-24-2011, 12:24 PM
If I was in the same situation and a GG asked me this question I will tell her I do it so I can look just like you. If I'm asked by a dude I will say I've been doing it for years and just let the subject drop.

sammysaenz
12-24-2011, 12:37 PM
My wife just shaved my legs. So thanks for the solid answers

JohnH
12-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I shave my legs, arms, and chest because I like the look and feeling! I like to wake up at times at night and feel my silky nightgown, smooth arms and my own breasts.

My wife has absolutely no issues of my shaving myself year round.

Johanna

Kaz
12-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm with Suzy on this one... I just don't like hair. It feels so much cleaner and is less problematic!

kathie225
12-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I also shave my legs. The long hair on my legs starts to pull and pinch whenever I apply lotion to my legs or receive a pedicure. My wife constantly "reminds" me to put lotion on my legs to avoid that aged, dry skin appearance. I'm not asked that often, but my answer has served me well.

Jamie2
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
My answer is, Have you lived in the dessert for 18 months??
Way back in '90, We soon found out that the sand fleas didn't bother you as much if you shaved, or wore pantyhose!!
My wife thought it strange, but sent 12 pairs once I explained it to her.
Panties,, That was still forbiden !!
Not NOW though !!!!

Paula G
12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
I've been shaving my legs for years, and no one has ever asked about it. I guess they either don't see it or they think I never had leg hair.

Diane Smith
12-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Nobody ever asks why my legs are shaved after they see the big girly flower and butterfly tattoos that cover them. :)

- Diane

Karen Francis
12-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Just tell them you are doing your best Arnold Schwartzanegger impersonation, body builders always shave everything. And the pierced ears are actually cell phone antenna.

JessieJones
12-25-2011, 12:38 AM
I have for several years. I spend a lot of time outdoors especially in the heat of summer golfing and working here in the south. It just is cleaner, cooler and looks better. Your legs also dry faster when you get out of the shower..

JessicaM1985
12-25-2011, 02:48 AM
I just started shaving everything except my torso (as per my S.O.s request)

I agree that it makes for better hygiene. I plan to keep doing it tbvh, although Im going to need a LOT more shaving cream and razors now. :lol:

The most ironic thing is that Ive even gone out in guy's shorts with my shaved legs. Nobody has noticed them, but Ive gotten many remarks on why I no longer have a goatee. :lol:

My best friend didnt even notice until I outted myself and showed them to her. She said that having no hair on my arms made my tattoos look better and that I have great legs for being a big person. Made me feel good actually.

If anyone does ask me, my response will be, "Because I wanted them shaved." Everyone knows I swing both ways and are ok with it, so I honestly dont think they'd care or make a fuss about it. Plus Im a big gal and can take care of myself if things got extreme. ;)

Rikidee
12-25-2011, 08:36 AM
My legs have been shaved for years and the only people who have ever said anything are friends and family. Strangers have never commented except to say how good my legs look. Everyone knows I ride bicycles so I have that to fall back on. Like many of you girls I have come to hate hair. Shaving has become a ritual and I can barely miss one day of shaving my entire body. I just recently bought an epilator and have been using it on my arms to thin the hair and I love it. Hair free from the neck down!!!! Hugs Riki

Kristy_K
12-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Kristy, I have moderate to severe Psoriasis (25%) and I have two Rx's for Betamethasone. Are you on similar meds?

Hi Laura,

I am not on anything for the skin problem now. They had me on different creams that didn't seem to work very good. After going to the Dr. a couple of times with no results, I decided to try this. Which this may sound funny but what I did was used Aloe plant on the areas two or three times a day or more in the beginning or every time it itch and bake my legs in the sun as much as I could. I live in MN. so I couldn't lay in the sun during the winter months. It took about two years to get rid of it. I haven't had to deal with it for years now but no hair grows on my lower legs.
I feel sorry for anyone that has it. The itching drove me crazy.

ronnysis
12-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't shave except for my crotch area. I use Nair with Aloe a couple of times a week on my legs, chest and underarms and it works really great. I just wish there was some kind of cream to use on the crotch area.