PDA

View Full Version : Pedicure

Dee Baker
12-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I have had 3 salon pedicures now. The first was this past October.
I went with a GG on a date. We had been out once before and she knew I was CD.

It was her birthday and we first went to the range (something for me but she did have a bit of interest in it too). When we left the range it was still a little early for dinner so I asked her if there was anything she wanted to do. She said she wanted to get her nails done. She had a pedicure just a couple weeks earlier but it was time to renew the acrylic on her fingers. I told her I would go with her and maybe I would get a pedicure. She asked if I had ever had a pedicure and when I told her I had not she encouraged me to get one telling me how much I would like it.

We got to the salon and they weren’t busy, in fact it was dead. The salon is a family business, John mostly does manicures and his wife mostly does the pedicures. So my date got her acrylics done and I got a “French” pedicure “I have always liked that look”.

I have only been out with this GG a couple times since but I have been back to the salon twice now. I love the look of the French pedicure and I find it kind of addicting, just like shaving the legs.
I have been shaving my legs and underarms for about 6 years now and just can’t imagine going without shaving. Now I think I’ll be a regular at the salon as I can’t imagine going without my “French” pedicure or at least some color on my toes.

Rachel Morley
12-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I can’t imagine going without my “French” pedicure or at least some color on my toes.
I know exactly what you mean. To me, my toes look ugly without anything on them. Your GG girlfriend sounds very cool and I hope you two have a lot of fun with this! :)

Cynthia Anne
12-25-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree a pedicure is nice! I too enjoy going to a salon for pedies and manicures~ HAVE FUN! Hugs!

retrofitme
12-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I've been dying to get my toenails (and fingernails for that matter) 'done' for a long time. I've done nail polish, but never an actual pedicure. I'm so jealous! The french nails look is *great!* Did you get fake nails put on too, or are those your natural nails?

Melody1985
12-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I may have to give this a try one day. I've never even had nail polish on. :(

Sarah_sarahcd
12-26-2011, 01:43 AM
super cute... love the tips.

Kisses,
Sarah

Dee Baker
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I know exactly what you mean. To me, my toes look ugly without anything on them.

I have felt that my feet/toes were ugly, at least for the last 10-15 years. Now with the pedicure I think they look so much better.

Dee Baker
12-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Did you get fake nails put on too, or are those your natural nails?

These are my nails. At one time I thought the only way my toes would look good would be to have “fake” nails but I am very pleased with these results.

Andrea's Lynne
12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm with you!! Sounds like your girlfriend is very understanding as well, which is lovely!
My wife and I nearly ALWAYS have matching painted toes ;)
And we spent part of our 18th anniversary at the salon last week, getting matching pedis. It was lovely to sit there, holding hand and chatting while we were pampered.

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
My wife have gone together several times. The majority of the staff are Vietnamese and it was funny...the last time the girl was very surprised and confused to learn that I wanted my nails the same color as my wife's.

sue1965
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Since my back surgery in February 2009, I have had to have help doing anything with my feet, putting on socks and shoes is sometime difficult. So I have been getting professional Pedicures ever since and always have some nail polish on them. During the summer month's My friend Angela will use either a faint pale color or clear on my nails.

heel_addict
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I may have to give this a try one day. I've never even had nail polish on. :(

You don't know what you have been missing on, once you do it once you're hooked and will always want to have pretty polished toenails!

Alice B
12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Nothing beats a good mani and pedi. I go every 2-3 weeks and am due now. Can't wait and all the girls where I go love me when I come in. For some reason it will be dead when I get there and then lots of people come in. They call me their good luck charm. Don't know if that is true or not, but I get extra attention as a result.

victor
01-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Nicely done, Dee. Very pretty toes!

paulaprimo
01-15-2012, 01:02 AM
great looking toes dee, i love them!! i've had manicures before but now i want to get my toes done!!

donnatracey
01-15-2012, 01:52 AM
There is nothing like a pedi to sooth and relax you! Half the fun is picking out a different color each time.....:heehee:

Rebecca W.
01-15-2012, 06:29 AM
The salon that I go to is very nice and the young lady who does my pedicures is very curious about me.:o She has not said out loud why a man likes a pedicure but she can tell that I do not care what the females there are thinking about me. Actually, I wish that they would just say it out loud as the silence is driving me crazy:battingeyelashes: It is so relaxing and in my eyes, very exciting to have a wild bright color:)

Dee Baker
01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for your kind complements.

You don't know what you have been missing on, once you do it once you're hooked and will always want to have pretty polished toenails!

I am hooked... need to go back for a fresh coat. :)

Nancy Sue
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
i have been having manicures and pedicures since my daughter became a nail tech about 8 years ago. i have brittle nails which crack easily so she put OPI matte finish on both my fingers and toes. They do not crack when i wear it, and it gave them a little shine. I have been doing it ever since. Last week i went, and since its almost Valentines Day the tech suggested a little color on the toenails. She put on two coats of the hardener, then two coats of some OPI iridescent pink, then a shiny overcoat and I really like them. I like it. She offered to do the French thing but i declined.

Eryn
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Very nice! I'd love to get my toes done like that someday!

JamieRog
01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
The first time I ever put color on my toes was a little over a year ago, I think, and up until last Friday I don't believe my toes have ever been without color! I took it off because the pink glittery polish put on during my last Pedi was only covering 2/3 of the nail and I was too lazy to repaint them myself. Now my feet look so naked, and the French tips are making me jealous! I just may have to go have a stress relieving session at the salon after work sometime this week.

And maybe an eyebrow wax, I'm definitely overdue there...

Dee Baker
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
It was time for a pedicure so back to the salon today. Michelle is wonderful she doesn’t even ask me about color anymore, she knows I want the French.

When she was finished she said “all pretty again”. I had to agree, she does a great job!

Stephenie S
01-26-2012, 08:43 PM
There was a guy in my nail salon the other day. He was getting a pedicure. He seemed comfortable and was reading a magazine while the tech worked on his feet. I smiled at him but I think he thought I was just flirting. I didn't see what color he got or whether it was just clear as I had to turn and face my tech for my manicure.

That said, I believe that getting a pedicure ranks right up there with having your hair shampooed as one of life's finer pleasures.

Stephie

Melissa Cross
01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Once you get a manicure and pedicure you'll be hooked. I've gone both in male mode and en femme. Getting a spa treatment is well worth the money as it is heavenly relaxing having someone treat your feet and hands with lotions, Paraffin etc., not too mention getting your nails polished too.

STACY B
01-28-2012, 10:20 AM
What ever ya do ,, Dont ever worry about going into a nail salon owned by veitnamease,, Cuz thay welcome you in an take GOOD care of you ,, They dont care what your there for ,, Ya got the money they got the time SISSTA ,,:D:D So what ever ya do dont miss out on the fun . Im just like all the rest ,,,Me an the wife go aleast once a month ,, An its worth every dime ,, I personaly dont care for the fingure nails ,,, but the toe nails an waxing are great,, Next is to get my leggs waxed :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Melissa Cross
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I had another great manicure and pedicure yesterday.....

Until now, Ihave only gone for manicures/pedicures when I was out of town. I decided I want to establish a relationship with a local salon and go regularly. I called about 5 places and they all stated that men are welcome and they wouldn't have any problem polishing my nails red. I decided on a spa/salon that offers hair, nails, facials etc. When I arrived (I was in drab) everyone was very friendly and when my pedi started and I was soaking my feet I asked the tech if she wouldn't mind painting my toenails. She laughed and asked what color and when I said red she laughed and said "that's funny" and then stepped way for supplies (remember the person that answered the phone said no problem with polishing my nails). I decided to just go with the flow snd see what happens fom that point. When she came back she proceeded with the pedicure and we chatted a little. When she thought she was finished she told me to move to one of the manicure stations for my manicure. I then asked her again if she would paint my toenails and she said she ddn't think I was serious before and she would be happy to. She did a great job. Yesterday, I was planning on a no polish manicure because of other commitment I had later in the day. During the manicure we really got to become more friendly and started chatting a lot more. I asked her if next time she would be willing to paint my nails red because "I like to dress as a woman" and I'm going to a banquet dressed. Well, this opened up the door.....she said she would be happy to and then we really started with great conversation and she asked me if I wore heels etc. and it turned into a great half hour of girl talk. When I was getting ready to leave she told me her schedule and said she was looking forward to seeing me again. The receptionist was also really friendly as I left and we got to talking about how often I should come in and how long my polish should last.

The reason for the long post is that I wanted to encourage anyone who has never had a mani/pedi to go for it, when someone reacts in a certain way it may be because they were "on a different wavelength", and that I never had an experience quite like this: once the nail tech knew I liked to dress as a woman she became much more friendly and the whole experience got a whole lot better.

Melissa

Diane Smith
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
To echo what Melissa said, when I first got interested in having my nails done regularly, I called about a dozen different salons and asked them their attitude about doing acrylics and polish on a male. Of all the places I talked to, none said no, and only on one call did I get the feeling they might be just a little uneasy about it. I crossed that one off my list since there were so many more that were accepting. In the end, I had so many to choose from that it wound up being a matter of convenience -- I went to the one where it was easiest to make an appointment when I wanted to come in. I've switched salons and techs a couple of times since then, but still, no one in the nail business has ever expressed any hesitation about working with me. They might not want to date someone like me, but most people in the beauty business "get it" about making people look and feel good, and some of them get either a personal charge or a professional challenge out of working with us. When I do find someone I like working with, I am a loyal and reliable client, always showing up on time and tipping generously. I hope that will help pave the way for the next girl and the next generation of beauty professionals who may work with us.

- Diane

STACY B
02-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I agree again that its all about the MONEY SISSTA ,,, ! So no one on here ever sweat or miss getting there nails done ,, An if you TIP well thay will knock each other over tryin to get you ,, One tip about the nail polish ,, Save alot of embarresment when you walk in just pick out your color on the wall an take it to the chair ,,, Enough said ,, The girls already know what you want an they will paint away. So dont miss the fun its one of the girliest thing yull ever do an the only time ya have to realy sweat it if your worried is at the end when they paint ,, An if that realy bothers you alot some places have a VIP room an you an your SO can be in a room alone just ask :o:o:o:o:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beth Mays
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I can't really even think about NOT having color on my toes!
the last time I went I told the girl to surprise me ... she did and I LOVE it! one of the best colors ever.. Tennessee orange and white!

Beth
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Yh2UqZRL4VQ/TwkUH8HNzFI/AAAAAAAAAQY/8_NFOXXZGpM/s800/2012-01-07_12-36-31_880.jpg

GenaBeget
02-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I get pedicures with my wife about once a month. Love the clear polish. I have not had the courage to get any color.

Misti
02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
I had another great manicure and pedicure yesterday.... The reason for the long post is that I wanted to encourage anyone who has never had a mani/pedi to go for it.... Melissa

To echo what Melissa said... no one in the nail business has ever expressed any hesitation about working with me [and] most people in the beauty business "get it" about making people look and feel good, and some of them get either a personal charge or a professional challenge out of working with us.... I hope that will help pave the way for the next girl and the next generation of beauty professionals who may work with us. - Diane
I simply had to reply here also, as I have been going to salons for mani's/pedi's for a little over a year now with my SO. Originally I had to do acrylics on both toes and fingers because of diabetes, ahem! Now, I can't even think of ever going back to my "ugly diabetes toes" again, besides, it's absolutely heavenly in every aspect of the salon procedure(s)/thrill(s) from start to finish, from proudly walking in to prancing out in a pink fog.

I agree again that its all about the MONEY SISSTA ,,, ! So no one on here ever sweat or miss getting there nails done ,, An if you TIP well thay will knock each other over tryin to get you ,, One tip about the nail polish ,, Save a lot of embarrassment when you walk in just pick out your color on the wall an take it to the chair ,,, Enough said ,, The girls already know what you want an they will paint away. So don’t miss the fun its one of the girliest thing yull ever do. :o:o:o:o:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here in Vegas it is probably a whole lot easier to find a salon than any place else, they're practically on every corner a bank hasn't bought up yet? For instance, just yesterday I needed to get my nails done again and was in WalMart (with my SO) where they had a nail salon. Piece of cake even as a walk-in, and the price was exactly the same as it is all over town (this was my 5th different salon). My Vietnamese tech took an hour and a half fussing over me, too. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to complete the trifecta – my pedi. Talk about being pampered, Wow! She is now my regular "Care-taker!". Period

Live it up, girls, you don't know what you've been missing. :devil:
P.S. This is my 24/7 wear around the house... minus the heels going out...

Aloha Jayne
02-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I've got to try the pedicure. I've been experimenting doing my nails for a few months. I love it when they're shiny and pink. All I have to do is see my hand and I'm in girl mode, no matter how I'm dressed or what guy thing I'm doing at the moment. There is a nail salon next to my dry cleaners with a sign that says, Men Welome. I stopped in to ask what they would do for a guy, and a guy tech, probably veitnamese, said he would manicure them. I asked if he would paint them shiny pink and he assured me they would only buff them. I think he was afraid I would be offended if he said yes. I have arthritus in my hips, and can barely reach my toenails, so I actually need a pedicure. And I would love to see their reaction when I insisted on the pink polish.

But, I need some advice here and no one brought it up. My wife had her's done for her daughter's wedding 5 or 6 years ago, and got a toenail fungus that still hasn't gone away. And this was from an expensive day spa, not a sleazy nail/tatoo parlor. Has anyone else had this happen? How can you avoid it?

Dee Baker
02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I can't really even think about NOT having color on my toes!
the last time I went I told the girl to surprise me ... she did and I LOVE it! one of the best colors ever.. Tennessee orange and white!

Beth
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Yh2UqZRL4VQ/TwkUH8HNzFI/AAAAAAAAAQY/8_NFOXXZGpM/s800/2012-01-07_12-36-31_880.jpg

At first glance I thought it was Clemson orange... just kidding.

Dee Baker
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I've got to try the pedicure. I've been experimenting doing my nails for a few months. I love it when they're shiny and pink. All I have to do is see my hand and I'm in girl mode, no matter how I'm dressed or what guy thing I'm doing at the moment. There is a nail salon next to my dry cleaners with a sign that says, Men Welome. I stopped in to ask what they would do for a guy, and a guy tech, probably veitnamese, said he would manicure them. I asked if he would paint them shiny pink and he assured me they would only buff them. I think he was afraid I would be offended if he said yes. I have arthritus in my hips, and can barely reach my toenails, so I actually need a pedicure. And I would love to see their reaction when I insisted on the pink polish.

But, I need some advice here and no one brought it up. My wife had her's done for her daughter's wedding 5 or 6 years ago, and got a toenail fungus that still hasn't gone away. And this was from an expensive day spa, not a sleazy nail/tatoo parlor. Has anyone else had this happen? How can you avoid it?

That is a good question but I don’t know the answer.
I do know the salon that I go to sterilize the implements in UV (the same way dental and medical instruments are sterilized).
I also noticed the last time I was there that the foot bath had a UV lamp.

jilliannichols
02-04-2012, 08:24 AM
if u tak ur own color u can touchup L8r urself

TiffanySatin
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I have a salon I have gone to in drab for manicures, pedicures, and eyebrow waxing (there is nothing to say a man shouldn't be well groomed) for more than ten years. In the past couple of months, as I have begun to crossdress more, I have gone twice and brought my own gorgeous shades of OPI red nail polish. The tech who usually takes care of me painted both my toes and finger nails. I looooove having red toe and finger nails!

They are in a service business and your money spends as good as any gg's.