PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Mouth of Babes

Drucilla
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Recently had my ears pierced and when my 2+ year old Grandson saw it for the first time his comment was :" I don't like your ear ring. Only girls wear them."
The comment was out of the blue without discussion from adults. Boy do we start the "education" process that defines what is male and what is female early !! Good news is that once he made the comment that was the end of that and went on as ususal. Other than that one negative comment , I am pleasantly suprised that it's been no big deal with everyone else.

Julie York
10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
One day I will post The Great Earring Saga (it's long story!). But as I haven't dared do it yet it will have to wait!:(

Glad to hear that no-one else thought it was a big deal.

Ellaine
10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
The poor lad may have to rethink when he sees a "Hog" type motorcycle magazine with all those earing wearing mother f...'s lol

Ellaine

JoAnnDallas
10-25-2005, 01:27 PM
My sister is a pre-school teacher. She teaches 3/4/5 yr olds. You would not believe all the stuff these kids tell her. In some households there are NO secrets with a 2-4 yr old. The things they have told my sister, whew, you got to watch out what you say around that age group. It like the commerical where the little kid goes up to the bride and says "My mom can not believe you are wearing white".