PDA

View Full Version : Am I just a wimp?

Gemma Rhodes
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Girls,

Am I just a wimp? As you are aware I have been losing weight recently and this has coincided with my desire and need to dress which has now got to the stage that I want to dress every spare minute when Im home. I am growing more and more confident every day and hopefully I will soon be able to go out in general public, shopping en fem etc. To take it a step further I would love to be able to take a "magic pill" that would transform me overnight into a woman but the thought of having surgery fills me with fear. I have a real phobia of doctors, dentists and anything to do with needles. Im even too much of a wimp to get my ears pierced.

So, if there was a "magic pill" that would transform me overnight and tell all my friends and family (which if I had to would not bother me), I would take it like a shot but I can't bear the thought of having to have surgery.

Do any other girls feel like this or is it just me?

Gemma xx

JoAnnDallas
10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
All the time.

TGMarla
10-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Surgery, especially for something like this, is NEVER something to approach lightly. Talk of wanting to truly change one's outward gender is quite cheap, but the actual action of going through GRS is not. One is a pleasant fantasy, the other is a very expensive life-changing permanent action.

MandyTS
10-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Agreed 100%...

I am not looking for a magic pill... but coming out with who I am has been one of the biggest and hardest challenges of my life. Even so transistioning is not cheep, you will loose friends in the process, maybe even family. Even a therapist can be expensive (hitting me over 220 per month right now).

I can not say whether you are TS or not. For someone like me there is no choice, harmony with my body is only going to happen through transistioning. I know it is not easy by any means, but becoming a female is not just skirts, makeup, going out, etc. It really means adopting a new role in society that a normal person would not be able to deal with. Someone does not want to transistion, they NEED to transistion. I tried committing suicide 3 times before coming to terms with who I was inside.

I am a girl, a woman, a person, and I will be nothing else. This dysfunctional shell of a suto male is not who I am. I look into the mirror and see a woman, that is who I am, and the closer and closer I get the more I see it.

Think of the magnitude of what you are thinking about doing... then see a therapist and see. Trust me... it is not the easiest road... I wish there was another way.

Marla
10-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Me too. Absolutely! Not a second thought

TxKimberly
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Ummm . . let's see,

You don't like the idea of someone gassing you (something that still has it's hazards today), knocking you out, and then carving you up with a knife, and you wonder if your a coward? That's kind of cute. No, not a coward. I call a fear of this "common sense", also a good "survival mechanism".

Yet another Kim (Kind of wish I'd known the name was so popular before I chose it)

jollie
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
May b if we help each other out with the dressing and stuff , we can all go out unfeared en femme !