PDA

View Full Version : Tested the Shawshank Redemption theory

AngieCD
12-26-2011, 03:14 PM
In the movie, the character escapes from prison after returning to his cell wearing the warden's shoes. The narrator says, "..after all, how often does one look at a man's shoes?" My wife said that she does. So I decided to test the theory today. I wore my DM Trinity MJs with a pair of light grey womens socks and jeans and a t-shirt. When I'm standing, you can only see the area in front of the strap, which if you thinking about it, you'd recognize them as not mens shoes. When I sit, my pants leg rides up enough so that the entire shoe is visible. I first went to Walmart, then to the barber where I sat in the chair for a good hour, and then ate lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I was watching for reactions from everyone. Not a single person had the slightest hesitation. This is an area that is right outside of the gates of one of the largest Army installations in the US, so men wearing MJs isn't exactly common. Either no one noticed, or everyone is a really good actor. Either way, I feel more comfortable wearing them out in public. Now, if I could just feel comfortable wearing them around my wife.

Ms Victoria
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
First off, Shawshank Redemption is a great movie. I especially love the music score / soundtrack. Secondly, good for you! Although I dont think that shoe is especially "girly", it is however still a woman's shoe. I too wear Mary Janes with guy cargo jeans. I only had one young child notice them while I was standing in line at the post office. I rarely wear sox. I usually prefer nylon knee high or pantyhose. I eventually got enough courage to wear pumps with women's jeans. Sometimes I get dolled up, other times, I just wear drab on top. Pumps are harder to go stealthy because they change ones gate as well as the noticable click clack of the heels on the pavement. They are also a lot more slippery on polished floors. I almost slipped and fell on my butt the first time my heels hit the polished tile floor! Good luck with the footwear and better luck wiht the wife! We all got one ticket for this ride on planet Earth. Enjoy it while you can!

pj
12-26-2011, 05:32 PM
DM Trinity MJs...If you like those you might really like these. I have two pairs, most awesome shoes ever.

They aren't currently making them, but you can usually find them on eBay. The actual model number is 5026, but I've noticed that most people don't list them with the number.

Karren H
12-26-2011, 05:46 PM
No one noticed or if they did they didn't care. Especially around the holidays. Hell I couldn't tell you what shoes my wife was wearing today!

MissMarcie
12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
In the movie, the character escapes from prison after returning to his cell wearing the warden's shoes. The narrator says, "..after all, how often does one look at a man's shoes?" My wife said that she does. So I decided to test the theory today. I wore my DM Trinity MJs with a pair of light grey womens socks and jeans and a t-shirt. When I'm standing, you can only see the area in front of the strap, which if you thinking about it, you'd recognize them as not mens shoes. When I sit, my pants leg rides up enough so that the entire shoe is visible. I first went to Walmart, then to the barber where I sat in the chair for a good hour, and then ate lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I was watching for reactions from everyone. Not a single person had the slightest hesitation. This is an area that is right outside of the gates of one of the largest Army installations in the US, so men wearing MJs isn't exactly common. Either no one noticed, or everyone is a really good actor. Either way, I feel more comfortable wearing them out in public. Now, if I could just feel comfortable wearing them around my wife.
I think people do notice. But I think unless you're in a really redneck area, most people won't say anything. It's just not worth a hassle most of the time.

AngieCD
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I love those. The issue is that they don't come in a big enough size. I've got my size 11.5 US male foot in a UK size 9. The buckle straps don't fit over my foot.

Vanessa Storrs
12-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Forget about the Docs, try it with a pair of heels.

AngieCD
12-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure my heels would attract attention. One set is bright red with a 4" heel and no platform, while the others are Pleaser Dolly 47s. I'm 6'1" in socks. I think I'd stand out a bit.

Allanah p
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Haha I have often wondered this theory myself!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
In this day and age of Tom's and Croc's and whatnots, I think people are less and less apt to notice slight feminine flair in shoes, I've even worn a pair of mary janes with some heel to them before and people just thought they were men's platforms.

Crysten
12-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I flew across country for the holidays, through several airports. The thing that struck me was the boots - women wearing boots everywhere!! Extreme high-heeled knee high with maybe a one inch platform under the toe, to knee-high multi-buckle "biker" boots. And everything in between. Very chic, very sexy, and I need a dozen pairs, at least!!!