PDA

View Full Version : Being a woman in a crowed mall with my oldest daughter!

Longing2be-Trisha
12-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi Ladies!

The day after Christmas no one in the house, everyone out at the malls returning presents and spending more money for those supposedly great deals. An what to my wondering eyes do I see a major fights in the Mall of America. Glad I left earlier and missed all the commotion, but not surprised at how people behave!:wm: 9 arrested, ten fights in all up to fifty people in all involved.

For me it was a Great day going shopping with my oldest daughter. I drove up to the city and picked her up, she came to the door and screamed OMG you look FABULOUS!:gorgeous::c9: First time she has seen me dressed since telling her I am transgender and plan on transitioning into a woman. She also told me I had better come dressed to the nines. I wore my black pencil skirt, black top w/ruffle neck line, black wide belt, grey tights, fake pearl necklace, red nails, red lipstick, gray dress coat, and my lace up open toe high heel boots. She told me that I have a great eye for fashion, we laughed about that since I did not show that side of me in my male clothes.

We went to the MOA to shop, she was looking for a crib for when her baby is born, me just to see if I could find anything I might want. We found a crib at SEARS for her to purchase. Then we went into Barns and Noble were we both found books we wanted, hers were on parenting mine was The Make-Up Book by Joy Terri. Then we went to Payless but nothing I liked, so my daughter suggests Torrid what a Great store plus sizes and very fashionable, shoes large sizes and wide. She also suggested Deb which has plus sizes too. Then we went and got an orange julius and a DQ blizzard treat and took them out to the van to relax while we eat them since we could not find a spot to sit in the mall. When we were done we when to merchandise pick up at SEARS and went back to her house. In all we spent 2 hours at the Mall of America about all my pregnant daughter could handle. I suggest a movie since I had tickets and she wanted to see Sherlock Holmes so we went. She had to wake me up twice LOL!! We had so much fun shopping and she commented on how happy I am as a woman compared to a guy. Very touching to hear how supportive she is of me.:) We are going to get together again to go shopping after the kids go back to school after the 1st of the year.

On the drive home my wife called and needed to borrow the dehumidifier, so she went over to the house to get it with our nephew since I was not home. Then after I got home and finally ate some thing today she calls all in tears needing me to pray for her. A dear friend of the family was rushed to the hospital and might not live through the night or through surgery, our youngest daughter wanted to pray for daddy, and my wife's grandma's health is deteriorating. So my wife was in overload, so we talked for awhile until she was feeling better.:sad:

In all I had a FABULOUS DAY out as Trisha with my daughter and so did she.:dance:

Hugs:bh:

Rianna Humble
12-27-2011, 04:46 AM
What a great day, and you didn't even get arrested during the riot! :p

Sounds like your relationship with your oldest daughter just went from good to better! I'm also glad that you can continue to have a good friendship with your wife. Please do let us know how the next visit goes in the New Year.

Melody Moore
12-27-2011, 08:26 AM
That sounds like it was a very positive day really. It is interesting to note that a few of us
seem to have a better eye for fashion than some genetic females. My ex girlfriend told me
a few times that she really misses having my help picking out new clothes for her. And as
for our own dress sense as males, well they never did put too much thought into design of
clothing for middle aged men. Everything I ever seen on the shelves for males as a male was
boring to me really although I use to try and do my best to look more stylish. Women always
thought I had a better dress sense to other males. But for the most part I didn't really give
a rat's arse for male fashion because I knew it wasn't really who I was, especially just prior
to transition because I was thinking a lot more about women's fashions.

An interesting point you brought up about what stores have plus size fashions, shoes etc.
This has been something I have noticed as well, not all the major stores will stock plus sized
shoes. I wear a ladies size 11 shoe, but I find most stores don't stock anything over size 10.
So it gets really annoying because it means that in the major discount stores you won't find
much at all, and it forces us to go to speciality stores where we always have to pay more.

Don't be surprised to find that your relationship with your daughter improves, the relationship
with my own father has taken a dramatic turn around with him telling me recently how much
I have changed, not just in how I sound and look, but also in my general attitude to everything.

As for the problems your wife is dealing with, sometimes it takes things like this to humble a
person to the point where they realise what is most important in life. I always see the new
life that comes from every death, including how people are reborn into the spirit. So hopefully
this could be a turning point or a bit of a revelation to your wife. I have seen it in other people
before, hopefully it can have a positive effect on your relationship with your wife.
Good luck and keep us posted. :hugs: