Am I transsexual?

Am I right?
Am I wrong?

Who am I?

Who are you?

Does it matter?

Marleena
12-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Nope not at all, Anne! The key is to be comfortable in your own skin. Once you accept, and love yourself for who you are it all falls into place.:)

ME2.0
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
The only important question:

Are you happy?

Staci

Melissa Jill
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
agamous eh? I just learnt a new word. See kids, crossdressing makes you learn stuff!

Melody1985
12-27-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure you/we aren't supernatural..

But in the end, it doesn't matter. You/we are individuals living life however you/we want.

Melissa Jill
12-27-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you/we aren't supernatural..

But in the end, it doesn't matter. You/we are individuals living life however you/we want.

Speak for yourself, crossdressing powers ACTIVATE!
Supernatural though, reminds me of something. Here in the UK we have this drama called "Misfits" which is basically a series where a bunch of troublemaking young adults get super powers. In the 3rd season one of them gets the ability to change his gender.
Imagine the possibilities!

AllieSF
12-27-2011, 01:10 AM
I am one of those that believe that it does not really matter in the end. You have too many questions and some of them you already know the answers to, so erase them from the list. There will still be too many to even think about there. So, then separate the remaining questions into one list that you can do nothing about because they are really beyond your control. The remaining ones which you can do something about now need to be sorted out into those that really need attention and those that would be nice to have an answer for but really will do nothing more for you. That remaining list of things that you can do something about is what you need to prioritize for action. You can't tackle all of them at once, so lay out a plan to address that highest priority first and then move on to the next. Now the most important thing to remember is to NOT add any more items to the list! Good luck and chill out. Life is just too damn short to worry about those things.

ReineD
12-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Are you an abomination? No. Are you normal? You are normal for you, although if your benchmark for normality is the percentage of genetic males who question their gender, then you and your peers form a small percentage. Geniuses form a small percentage of the general population too. :)

Are you a man, woman, CD, or TS? I don't know but you most definitely sound confused about this. You should do what my SO did, if you can. Stop trying to put yourself in a box, and just BE for now. Go with the flow. Honor your feelings as objectively as you can. My SO was able to do do this because she had full freedom to express herself at will. She was single for about 10 years and so there were no built up resentments over feeling she had to stifle herself for someone or something else. If you can get to the point of feeling you can dress whenever you want to and go out, then you will be in a better position to answer your own questions. But, please try to not make up your mind before you reach that point, since I'm afraid you won't be able to do so objectively. Not as long as you feel stifled as Anne. Be OK with not knowing for awhile.

In the meantime, you might want to try practicing this, no matter how you are presenting, but especially during the times when you feel you can't present as Anne:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200810/the-art-now-six-steps-living-in-the-moment

DanaR
12-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Am I normal?
Am I different?
Am I average?
Am I unusual?
Am I ordinary?
Am I exceptional?
Am I prevalent?
Am I commonplace?
Am I acknowledged?
Am I natural?
Am I supernatural?
Am I an abomination?
Am I a marvel?
Am I extreme?
Am I sexual?
Am I agamous?
Am I male?
Am I a crossdresser?
Am I female?
Am I transsexual?

Am I right?
Am I wrong?

Who am I?

Who are you?

Does it matter?
How do you feel about these questions? I think how we feel about our selves, is the most important thing. If you don't like yourself, how do you expect others to like you.

KellyJameson
12-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Human beings are greater than words turned into opinions, sometimes true other times false.

To live we must balance on the razors edge between life and death, freedom and security, clarity and confusion, imprisoned by the bliss of ignorance and freed by the burden of enlightenment. The only mistake is to die without understanding love.

joanna marie
12-27-2011, 01:36 AM
You present an interesting list of questions
I'll give you a few answers as I see them

Am I normal?
Normal is over rated
Am I different?
Its good to be different
Am I average?
Who settles for average
Am I unusual?
I hope so
Am I ordinary?
Ordinary is boring
Am I exceptional?
You bet I am,just ask those that know me
Am I prevalent?
Being prevalent would makes us average and ordinary
Am I commonplace?
Depends on who your friends are
Am I acknowledged?
Why does it matter if you acknowledge yourself?
Am I natural?
All humans are a part of nature therefore natural
Am I supernatural?
After death we all are
Am I an abomination?
Depends of who you ask
Am I a marvel?
I hope so
Am I extreme?
To not be extreme puts you with the masses and the masses are asses
Am I sexual?
depends on the partner

Am I agamous?
sexual or asexual is by choice

Am I male?
Am I a crossdresser?
Am I female?
Am I transsexual?
Everyone has the right to be what they want to be, regardless of birth

Am I right?
Some times
Am I wrong?
Sometimes

Who am I?
You are A beautiful ,unique, person
Who are you?
I'm a walking talking miracle that survived Vietnam

Does it matter?
Only if you let it

IamToni
12-27-2011, 04:23 AM
I don't think it matters at all. For me, all that matters is being myself. Luckily my wife fully supports, accepts and understands my need to crossdress and this does, of course, make life so much easier. I feel blessed to share my life with someone so wonderful.

lady di
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
yes it matters to me that wake in my nightie and at least wear nail polish and panties all day. i think like a girl not like a man and love being a CD..................................di

KrystalA
12-27-2011, 07:06 AM
The only things that matter are whether you are happy, and that you're not hurting anyone else. Life is too short to spend much time worrying about everything.

Gaby2
12-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Anne!

That's a marvellous list of questions.

My answer to every single one of them, except for the last three:

YES and NO!

Who am I?
You are you.:love:

Who are you?
I am me.:o

Does it matter?
YES!:)

:rose2:Gaby

LeaP
12-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Am I normal?
Am I different?
Am I average?
Am I unusual?
Am I ordinary?
Am I exceptional?
Am I prevalent?
Am I commonplace?
Am I acknowledged?
Am I natural?
Am I supernatural?
Am I an abomination?
Am I a marvel?
Am I extreme?
Am I sexual?
Am I agamous?
Am I male?
Am I a crossdresser?
Am I female?
Am I transsexual?

Am I right?
Am I wrong?

Who am I?

Who are you?

Does it matter?

It matters. They all matter to my sense of myself and my sense of place in the world. I'm in the mode of re-examining several of the questions, including normal, different, exceptional, M/F/CD/TS, and even, unfortunately, abomination. The last in a natural sense, not in any religious sense. Right and wrong don't seem to enter into it, though.

I don't find it possible to simply be, ignore the rest of the world or my upbringing, to love myself and let it go at that, or anything similar. I need to understand.

I don't know who I am anymore. I get a pretty strong sense of who you are, though, Anne.

Lea

Pauline52
12-27-2011, 07:59 AM
This tread really made me think. Thanks 2 u all! :)

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 08:39 AM
I had to look up agamous...but having done that, my answer remains "yes" to all of the above, except "who are you?"

Cynthia Anne
12-27-2011, 09:16 AM
The only thing that matters to me is my girlfriends here, there well being!
OMG! and is my lipstick on straight! Hugs!

Karren H
12-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Looks like too many variables and not enough equations!! I are an engineer...

IngeInCO
12-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Am I normal? I like to think so
Am I different? I like to hope so
Am I average? No
Am I unusual? I'm increasingly finding that I'm not
Am I ordinary? No way
Am I exceptional? Not always just most of the time
Am I prevalent? I don't know how to answer that
Am I commonplace? I can be but find a way to stand out
Am I acknowledged? Yes
Am I natural? I am naturally me
Am I supernatural? no
Am I an abomination? no
Am I a marvel? probably not
Am I extreme? Yeah I can be
Am I sexual? Not often enough
Am I agamous? Huh>
Am I male? Yes
Am I a crossdresser? Yes
Am I female? No
Am I transsexual? I don't think so

Am I right? Of course
Am I wrong? Well once in a while

Who am I? I'm finding out

Who are you?

Does it matter? It does, we all should matter

Jocelyn Quivers
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Great post, and my answer to all questions is,

I don't care, I don't answer to anyone, I am Jocelyn Quivers and that's all that matters!!!!! :)

LeaP
12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Looks like too many variables and not enough equations!! I are an engineer...

Well, Karren, I tried multivariate analysis, integration, and simple regression, but they ALL have contextual meanings!

Lea

*Vanessa*
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Earth, Wind, Fire
Light
Air
Not a darn bit
:)

Karren H
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, Karren, I tried multivariate analysis, integration, and simple regression, but they ALL have contextual meanings!

Lea

Then there's only one thing to do!! Make something up! Lol.

ReineD
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't find it possible to simply be, ignore the rest of the world or my upbringing, to love myself and let it go at that, or anything similar. I need to understand.

Have you ever struggled with a challenging problem or technical question? Been stuck while doing research? Sometimes it feels as if the more we examine all known options, the more stubborn the problem seems to be. But then when we take a break and do something else, when we relieve the pressure somehow and stop thinking about it entirely, the solutions begin to unfold when we return to the challenge.

I've done this with the NYT crosswords puzzles for example. You'd think that after the first pass I should know whether I know the answer or not and if I can only solve 50% of it then that's the best I can do. This is not the case. When I put it aside for a few days, things invariably become clear when I pick it up again. Like one of those head thumpers when you think, "Why did this elude me before?".

So. A crossword puzzle you can put aside for a day or two. Gender questions? Maybe a year or two, all the while continuing to go with the flow (any degree of stifling will make the situation worse). Things will begin to become clear by themselves ... as long as you are able to express yourself at will and go as far as you feel comfortable going on any given day. And as long as you are mindful of the good moments when you are in guy mode too.

Isn't this worth a shot?

:hugs:

Torrey
12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
It occurs to me that there is both an existential and a pragmatic component to the initial part of the question. Put it on the stove, reduce by half, and simmer until this remains:

1) What is required to be happy?
2) Am I willing to take the necessary steps to do so?

Of course, it is all based on the premise that you are going to honest with yourself, first.

Hugs,
Torrey

ArleneRaquel
12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Its normal for me and that's what counts the most.

Annaliese2010
12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Am I normal? Normal is boring so you dont wnna Be normal.
Am I different? No 2 ppl are the same so...yea, of course.
Am I average? Um...no, youre Hot!
Am I ordinary? By no means, which is a Good thing.
Am I commonplace? I Wish you were but sadly, youre rarely encountered.
AmI a marvel? Oh yea you are.
Am I sexual? Dunno but Bet you are!
Am I agamous? IDK! Gotta look that up. So...guess you're Smart too.
Am I male? Not much imo. Thank God! (teehee)
Am I a crossdresser? As in 'transvestite'? I seriously doubt it
Am I female? Oh yea you are...for sure babe!
Am I transsexual? Umm...like... Yea!

Am I right? Yep
Am I wrong? Nope

Who am I? One Very interesting, intelligent, complex, caring, beautiful, extraordinary, fascinating, introspective, unique, worthwhile, important girl is who I suspect you Are. Well...that's only a partial answer to a question that I am not privileged nor qualified to attempt to answer in any comprehensive manner, tho I wish I were.

Who are you? I am a scientiist/entrepreneur; an M2F transgendered girl who leads a 'charmed life' i.e. cant fail for trying (and believe me, I have exerted much effort to Do so. Try to fail, that is); with a penchant for success, money, glam, good times and meaningful relationships with other girls like myself and/or GG women who are cute, different or just generally Hot. I have an essentially Positive tude about the future, not only mine own but that of Everyone else on a national/global scale. So... I guess u cld say I'm an 'optimist' or sum such sh*t? Oh hell IDK who I am. LOL... Who DOES know who they are? I believe that's the whole Point of life. To discover & find out for yourSelf...not just by what others say you are.

Does it matter? Yes and... No.

Here's the thing: No, nothing really 'matters'. Not in any absolute sense. But when you know & understand that then... Everything matters. Because when you really really open your eyes to Reality..THAT is the inevitable conclusion i.e. from the broadest perspective, nothing really matters. I'm not speaking in the short-term or relative sense because your questions are of the sort that quickens the faculty of Reason if one considers them in a serious manner.

Read any 'ol History book and it becomes obvious. What was commonplace back 'then' is an outrage today, and vice versa. What's 'normal' or acceptable or correct or abnormal changes with the drifting sands of time, with the social weather, with the ever evolving 'social network' that is now global in scope.

Moreover from the perspective of a geologic time scale, or even broader, from the perspective of an astronomical time scale, it is easy to see that both you and me, being born into this reagion, this realm, on this particular planet called 'Urth' or Earth ('encampment'), have Just as much right as Anyone else to BE who we are, do what we do or reach to achieve that which we might. Why?

Well...just beCause there Are no absolutes. No absolute right nor wrong. No fixed framework against which one may determine the all and everywhere everytime 'correct' answer to the questions you pose. When you truly Realize this then you know there is Nothing that could possibly take place in the span of any given human lifetime or generation that nails it down, gets it 'right', gives you the answers you're looking for.

The ultimate answers to these questions therefore are that...there Are no answers. Thus nothing really matters. But... knowing this, you at the same time then Realize how each moment is a 'gift', in a sense. You're Here. Now. You shall never be here again. And so... it follows that Everything you think do and say IS important precisely Because it isn't. IOW this is IT. The game is afoot. Our brief hour upon the stage. And reguardless of one's particular religious or philosophical beliefs, the fact is we ALL share a common mortality, feel the difference between pleasure & pain and (with very few exceptions) value life over death, good over evil, friends over foe's, love over hate and are thus guided by this basic instinct and innate desire.

NO one knows from whence we hale nor whither we go. It's too big too complex too mysterious this...Realm we find ourselves born-in. 'You' didn't Ask for this 'ride' and yet...here you are. Along with everyone else with whom you share a common heritage, a common origin, a common need for health and well-being in an environment that's free & open, allowing you to discover Who you truly are and to realize those skills and talents within that contribute to the overall common Good.

So....with respect I say...don't bog yourself down with questions that have no answers in a relative sense. Better to accept & respect yourself for the unique person you are and just Run with it no holds barred. Spend your fleeting time here and now doing what you do, aspiring to the good in you so should one day you leave this 'place' you will thus leave behind a goodly legacy.

Or not.

Because in the grand scheme of things it's true: nothing really matters.

And yet my bias is to say Yes to life, to health, to goodness & wealth...even to the Possibility of immortality which...if it exixts, is a door only Love can open. Likewise does Love provide the answers to the all and everything that your questions seem to ask, IMHO. :battingeyelashes:

Debglam
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Verbose, yet laconic. . . :brolleyes:

Johnnifer
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
It does matter who and what you are to understand yourself and find a community. If you give something a proper name you can search for it online and find you are not alone. I haven't yet found anyone like me in my years online and am sick of being alone. Being a man and having gay and TG leanings but with a male twist makes me feel alone. Every chat room whose TG support is based around looking female but is stumped by me makes me feel alone. Every gay chat room I go to for support that is all about manly studs and looking buff likewise makes me feel alone. If I try escaping through fiction every story where a guy gets boobs ends up a woman, or a swapped couple who join in a hetero relationship and live each others lives in a story makes me feel alone. I have scoured up and down the TG community since my second questioning and still see constant reminders of how I am different and a freak. And worse still the few people like me I found have either left or eventually succumed to the pink becoming either hetero or losing interest in male and going towards a female identity.

If I had a title, an identity, maybe then I'd not be alone. Being alone hurts, constantly.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Have you ever struggled with a challenging problem or technical question? Been stuck while doing research? Sometimes it feels as if the more we examine all known options, the more stubborn the problem seems to be. But then when we take a break and do something else, when we relieve the pressure somehow and stop thinking about it entirely, the solutions begin to unfold when we return to the challenge.

I've done this with the NYT crosswords puzzles for example. You'd think that after the first pass I should know whether I know the answer or not and if I can only solve 50% of it then that's the best I can do. This is not the case. When I put it aside for a few days, things invariably become clear when I pick it up again. Like one of those head thumpers when you think, "Why did this elude me before?".

So. A crossword puzzle you can put aside for a day or two. Gender questions? Maybe a year or two, all the while continuing to go with the flow (any degree of stifling will make the situation worse). Things will begin to become clear by themselves ... as long as you are able to express yourself at will and go as far as you feel comfortable going on any given day. And as long as you are mindful of the good moments when you are in guy mode too.

Isn't this worth a shot?

:hugs:

This is brilliant advice for everyone struggling with this..

It's similar to the idea of going with your gut...

When folks that worked for me asked for advice on projects, i'd look at their work, and often say they should just keep doing what they are doing and that the "answer will become apparent"...

One caveat to our neck of the woods is that there truly are unknowable things in the world, and lots of things around trans identity and behavior seem to be in that group..

Kristy_K
12-28-2011, 03:49 PM
I spent over fifty years trying answer some of them question. I ended up just giving up and decided the heck with everyone else and what they thought.
I decided to take the chance to myself and life has been wonderful since.

charlie
12-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello Anne,
Yes, you are all those things and it does matter!

LilSissyStevie
12-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Everyone seems to be asking these questions. I hope you get further than these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_8yPap-k_s

Janelle_C
12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I wish nothing mattered. I wish I could dress up and go out with out people judging me. But that's not the case. Very sad.

docrobbysherry
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
But, the simplest answer is the truest for me:

I DON'T REALLY KNOW!:straightface: