PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you"ll ever stop Crossdressing?

Kayle Adell
12-27-2011, 02:48 AM
So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress? I personly think I'll stop when I get a girlfriend... unless of course she doesn't mind my little hobby and having a boyfriend who could also be a girlfriend:heehee:

JessicaM1985
12-27-2011, 02:59 AM
If one of my S.O.s (yes, Im polyamorous) had a serious problem with it to the point that they wouldnt want me to do it at all, Id stop. Thankfully thats not the case. My boyfriend does think its awkward, but he just asks that I dont do it around him. Might be tough though as I plan to look androgynous.

Melody1985
12-27-2011, 03:25 AM
I think it depends on where CDing falls on your priority list..

If it's your number 1 priority, then you don't stop for anybody.

If it's NOT your number one priority, it would depend on whether it conflicted with higher priorities. So my answer at this point in my life is that CDing is not my number 1 priority, and if it were to seriously conflict with what are priorities in my life, then I would have to let it go.. or be much better at hiding it lol.. (Unless I felt it conflicted with my religious beliefs, cause you can't hide from your spirit world.. but that's another subject)

Brittany CD
12-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Honestly, If my romantic partner wanted me to stop, I would

Maria 60
12-27-2011, 04:10 AM
I don't think i can, threw my life from the age about 9 i don't think i have gone one day without owning or having some form of fem clothing. A week before i was to be married i threw out all my stuff except for a pair of pantyhose.The day before i got married i put them on for the last time and swore i would never wear another pair of pantyhose again. Boy was i wrong because when i came back from our honeymoon and back to work i would come home and there was pantyhose on the floor, hanging in the shower and drawers full of different colours and brands and the first chance i had i put a pair on, and that was the first time i wore my wife's pantyhose and realized that i can't live without them. The same night after dinner i came out to my wife and told her from the first day i started to the same morning that i had put on a pair of hers and i didn't want to hide this from her. I was surprised that she had a few questions mostly if i was gay and if i wanted to be a women and i told her no for both and she understood why i didn't tell her before. She then told me she didn't want me to wear her things and that for now i could wear her skirts and cloths and we went out to buy me a few panties and a couple of pair of pantyhose. I was lucky she was cool about and she still is but i believe even she knows i don't think i could live a day without pantyhose.

DanaR
12-27-2011, 04:29 AM
I thought that it would go away, especially after I got married. It did for a while, then it came back. I think that when you start doing it, it is something that doesn't go away.

Claire Cook
12-27-2011, 07:11 AM
I started probably when I was five, then from 18 to 40 largely quit. Realize now that was a totally uptight part of my life. Now that I have fully embraced my CD'ing and feel complete (and liberated), there is no way I would go back!

prettytoes
12-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Tried many times over the years...I just kept coming back. I really don't think I can stop...I got irritable and depressed when I tried to stop (plus, I purged a lot of really cute stuff!). I just don't feel complete without it. I need a little bit of girl time every day. It relaxes me and makes me feel "right".

Nelson
12-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Just a thought, if you were to take feminisation to it's ultimate point .... would it still be cross dressing? I mean at what point is it no longer "cross" dressing?

BRANDYJ
12-27-2011, 07:23 AM
I have a very accepting, understanding , and participating SO. So I can't think of a reason to ever stop. I can't think of a reason to ever give up what is part of me/us.

Tina B.
I knew marriage was the "cure" and as soon as I got married the craving to dress would just go away, be unneeded so to speak, it lasted for 5 years and almost ruined my marriage, when I finally figured out why I was suck a miserable person, I told her what I was, went back to dressing, became a good and loving husband, saved my marriage, and been happy every since. So no I don't think I will try that again.
Tina B.

DAVIDA
You might be able to stop wearing the clothes, but you will still be a crossdresser.
It is what is is.

Tora
12-27-2011, 07:24 AM
be careful and be honest with someone who would share your life. This is different for everyone, but it is a strong desire. In 1970, without any good honest facts available, I thought a loving wife would CURE this. I moderate and put the needs of family first. My wonderful bride is not fully on board.

Cheryl T
12-27-2011, 07:27 AM
So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress? I personly think I'll stop when I get a girlfriend... unless of course she doesn't mind my little hobby and having a boyfriend who could also be a girlfriend:heehee:

Ever thought of stopping???? Gee, only every day for the first 45 years.
I used to think I'd stop when I got married...then that made it so much easier as there was suddenly this complete wardrobe available. The purges came more frequently, but so did the new purchases.
Then about 7 years ago I stopped...stopped denying this part of myself and realized that this is who I needed to be to be complete. Ever since then my wife has become extremely supportive, we've become closer than ever and I've never been happier, more confident in myself, more relaxed in all phases of my life and free of all the guilt I carried with me for all those years.

Now I don't ever think about quitting any more than I think about amputating my leg.

Karren H
12-27-2011, 07:30 AM
I know there's two ways I can stop. Death... And stop taking my medications which will cause my brain tumor to go out of control again and I'll stop crossdressing again and then die! neither I have on my to-do list. Lol.

Gaby2
12-27-2011, 07:32 AM
So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress?
No, not at all, Kayle!
Don't be ridiculous!
:rose2:Gaby

LeaP
12-27-2011, 07:34 AM
I stopped every time I started for years!

Don't fool yourself - what's there is there. You may stop for a while with a new relationship ... but it will be back.

Lea

Kaz
12-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I remember almost a lifetime ago saying that I would stop when I got a girlfriend as I genuinely thought it was a substitute, but it wouldn't go away, even on changing girlfriends! Then I got married and vowed that this time it would stop... but after a couple of years the urges came back, kids... same thing... I have bought clothes and 'purged' many times over the years, but it always comes back. About ten years ago I started shaving my body and accepted that it is part of who I am and embraced it. I feel a lot better as a person, but my wife can't fully accept it so I am quietly 'tolerated' as long as she doesn't see anything of Kaz!

Had I accepted it before I got married, I guess things would have turned out differently!

jillleanne
12-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Yes absolutely, I fully intend to stop for ever and will never ever do it again in this lifetime once I stop. I just haven't figured out yet how I'm gonna get all my shoes and clothes into my casket. A girl ought to look her best at the pearly gates hadn't she?

Beth Mays
12-27-2011, 08:03 AM
"Think" about quitting? SURE!
My wife and I have separated 3 times with the crossdressing being the blame each time. She has a horrid hate of it, even a Kilt (looks too much like a skirt) is out of the question around her.
We are talking now about if there is a way to work around it and save our marriage, I have "thought" about quitting, throw everything away and just fit in ... I have try that many times before with same result.
I believe she is starting to see it is not something I can just "not do"; as it has come to light others in my family have had very similar issues.

Kathy Smith
12-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I genuinely thought I had stopped when I got married. I hadn't crossdressed at all for over two years. I was happy with my girlfriend, then wife. I stayed happy (and only underdressing very, very occasionally) for the next 26 years. Then it started again. I don't know what the trigger was, all I know is that I've got bitten by the CD bug much harder this time. It could be that all the kids have left home now. I've never bothered with forms or wigs before, but this time they've become important to me! I suppose I've always been a CDer and I probably always will be to some extent now.

Yes, I think you probably can put CDing on hold, but how long for is another question entirely. If you've been CDing for several years then I suspect that you could never actually quit. I don't think it depends on priorities, it is far deeper than that.

Cynthia Anne
12-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Do I think of quitting! YES! Do I think I ever will quit! NO! If I had a choice I would quit yesterday! Hugs!

Jean Marie
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes, I will stop crossdressing when I complete transition.

TGMarla
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
The short answer is no. After 39 years of this, if it was going to go away, it already would have. And frankly, I enjoy it too much.

Gillian Gigs
12-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Yes, many, many, many, many times until I got fed up with the purges and the cost on the pocket book. Now it is toned down to mostly underdressing, 24/7. I always liked the clothes and how they feel. Some guys like guns, fishing, boats, cars, or hardware stores, auto shops. Well, you get the picture, I like womens clothes, especially lingerie, no big deal.

Shelly Preston
12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Short answer is No

Asking me today I would say no and even in my passing I might be dressed

The only thing that I can see changing that would be transition

PretzelGirl
12-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I am one of us that believes there are some that can stop. Do I think I am one of them? I don't care at this point. I am enjoying this far too much to think about stopping. It is obvious from those that have tried that the majority cannot stop because it is such a part of them. But each and every one of us is here for different reasons and different feelings. So there most certainly is those among us that can stop if they wish.

JohnH
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Why stop? After all, women wear pants all the time. I simply regard skirts, dresses, pantyhose, and heels as part of my regular wardrobe along with my male clothes. All my femme clothes are in plain view and I don't hide that I wear them.

I HATE the term crossdressing - I like to think of my femme clothes as an expanded selection.

Johanna

Victoria Pink
12-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I think that if we could quit we would have long ago - or probably never started. I began to dress openly at the age of 5. I went through many times of fighting against this - but like an artist that can never quench the urge to draw, I cannot stop the need to express what I feel inside. It is who I am. Once I came to realize that and accept who I am, I became a calmer, happier person. Fortunately I have a spouse that accepts me and I found a counsellor to help me sort things out.

Victoria

dsmth
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I think that it would be sad and repressive (and probably unhealthy) if I ever stopped dressing. It's fun. It feels great. I don't think that it is wrong. I don't feel guilty about it anymore... I like being able to express myself in this different and interesting way.

Christine Andrews
12-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I honestly don't think one can stop indefinitely. It is a core part of who we are and this will never change.

Whenever I have tried in the past I have become deeply unhappy, irritable and a negative person (beyond my normal cynicism that is :) ). In time it blots out my positive traits and accentuates the negative.

Crossdressing makes me happy. It makes me feel complete, balanced and whole as a person. It allows me to express myself completely - even if only within my own home. The fact that I keep Crossdressing in the closet is not an issue for me because I have finally achieved a balance which I am pleased with.

Crossdressing has made me a better person in every layer of my life and I would not change that for anything, even if it would make life so much easier.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and that only in time we learn and understand that reason.

I only wish I had put more energy into learning to accept myself sooner, I could have saved myself a lot of pain, guilt and frustration. Discovering this website has helped me immensely, sharing experience and learning from the users here has been invaluable to me and instrumental in being able to finally begin to accept myself for who I am.

From my own experience I believe Crossdressing is a fundamental part of who we are. We may have periods of less or inactivity but it is always there. The degree varies from one person to another but it is always present.

Just my 2p.

Marleena
12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm in the can't quit category. I finally accepted it after years of denying it and never feeling right. I could never feel happy, I never knew why. The emotional component of it is the big key for me. It puts my brain back in the proper balance if that makes sense to you. The change is glaring to my wife and a big reason why she encourages it.

cindybabe
12-27-2011, 11:08 AM
No, tried many times over the years,but realised i cant, i enjoy it too much and wouldnt want to now

Melissa.Lynn88
12-27-2011, 11:16 AM
No, I don't think I will ever stop again at this point. As time is going on I am learning that this is who I am and I need this outlet to make me happy. I am at a point where I feel like stopping would just make my life miserable. So for me the best option is to continue dressing and be happy.

KlaireLarnia
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Tried a lot of times over the last 22 years. Failed each time. Something always draws me back.

Each of us has our own reason for cross dressing and unless you are able to resolve that reason completely you will most likely never be able to give up. You may cut down or stop for a while but something will draw you back. I understand my own reasons for what I do and now understand I can never stop unless society has a massive change in attitude to what men can wear without trying looking female - which is short is not going to happen.

Getting a girlfriend will not change a thing for you. A lot of us are married or in serious relationships and still do it (with or without directly telling our partners).

So will I stop? No. Crossdressing is not like a drug or a substance you can give up - unless you can fully and completely address the thing that made you start in the first place...

KlaireLarnia
12-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm in the can't quit category. I finally accepted it after years of denying it and never feeling right. I could never feel happy, I never knew why. The emotional component of it is the big key for me. It puts my brain back in the proper balance if that makes sense to you. The change is glaring to my wife and a big reason why she encourages it.

That does make sense. It took me a while to work out that being a Gemini the two sides to my personality are distinctly male and female. Putting them in balance makes me whole but both sides must be expressed - ideally at the same time. Took me 18 months to work this out and a lot of emotional pain and learning. But worth it? Good god yes. I understand who I am and what I want now. 4 years ago I had no idea at all...

Kayle Adell
12-27-2011, 11:22 AM
To tell the truth I've only tried it once myself, but there are days when I want to do it again so badily. Problem is I don't have any place by myself to do it again, last time i had to want till my friends parents left. Some day I will, hopifully by then I'll also have the forms i want to buy along with the other things, but i gotta lose my extra weight first and formost

countrygirl
12-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Stop? No I will never stop. This is a part of me I have accepted and love it.

Lorileah
12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
I will quit the day after I die.

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I seriously doubt it. Right now, I have no desire to quit dressing...in fact quite the opposite. But, I'm very poor at predicting the future. What I think and what actually happens are likely to be two very different things.

NicoleScott
12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
The question was asked two different ways:
1) do you think you'll ever stop?
2) do you think you'll ever quit?
Some may see this as a distinction without a difference, but I see a difference. I see quitting as denying the urge, and stopping as the urge subsiding until it is no longer compelling to dress. How can this happen? It probably won't for cd's with a strong feminine identity, but for those cd's who are sexually aroused by crossdressing, if the sexual drive (in general) subsides as the body and mind age, the reason to dress may not be there any longer, and it stops. I realize that an individual cd's drive to dress may be their unique mix of identity and pleasure, and the drive may never go away for some, even as the pleasure element subsides. Also, it's not just sexual pleasure; some cd's get tactile or emotional pleasure from crossdressing. For those whose drive is highly sexual, I can see a time when the drive to dress isn't there any longer.
I can start to feel (and see) the effects of aging, but so far the urge to dress hasn't gone away. Yippee.

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
The question was asked two different ways:
1) do you think you'll ever stop?
2) do you think you'll ever quit?

As Mark Twain might have said....its easy to quit Cding. I've done it hundreds of times!

Acastina
12-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I told myself for years that this would be the last time; so much guilt and confusion. Then when I was almost 30, that distant drumbeat that had marched by once in a while became cacophonous, and I had to deal with it. I read everything I could find and concluded that I might be TS with many, many layers of repression. That began a decade of experimentation, including nearly eight years full-time. Now it was many, many layers of real life that compromised who/what I was. It was a purge of sorts because I reduced my wardrobe to a minimum. Moved out of state, skied a lot, pursued an old long-shot relationship, and eventually felt hollow again.

I kicked the closet open again for good, went out more than I ever used to, acquired more and nicer clothes than I had before, and eventually stumbled across The One for me at a CD get-together. Her marriage (to a CD) had gone empty long before that, but she had no problem with CD per se (oh happy day!). We married two years later, and we had our eighth anniversary this year.

I had been alone for a quarter-century after a five-year, childless marriage in my early 20s. Now a part of my life is being a grandpa to a three-year-old (now THAT's a reality check). The road of life sure has lots of interesting curves...

There are times when she shoots up a "balance, please" flare, but not often, and never with an ultimatum. Life goes on.

So, to finally answer the question of the thread, no. I don't want to, I don't have to, so I won't. I pay attention to not letting it take over completely, but it has a very prominent place in my life. This is who I am, for better or worse; there is serenity in that acceptance and deep meaning in the practice of this thing we do.

ArleneRaquel
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I cannot ever she me giving living as a woman. Arlene IS the real me.:)

KatieV
12-27-2011, 04:08 PM
As for me, it's simply not possible. This is my DNA, who i am, have been and will be, and is immutable. If i were to stop dressing, the impulse would still remain - it cannot be willed away, it is not a matter of choice. Yes, the strength of the impulse may ebb at times but it always returns. Remember that if you ever impulsively consider purging!!!

Jilmac
12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Now that I'm out to the world, the only time I'll stop is when they're shoveling dirt on top of me.

Sister Rachel
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Personally I've had active and passive phases, and expect that will continue for the rest of my life. I know from my experience that you don't "stop", sometimes the desire fades a bit, sometimes it flares up :) If you find a girl and fall in love, I recommend honesty from the start .. be lighthearted about it, though.

suchacutie
12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry to say I think the questions are not directed at the issue. Crossdressing is a manifestation of the feminine creature within us. That feminine creature is not going away, ever.

How we deal with her is the issue.

tina

carnut62
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I have tried to stop many times, what usually happens is I throw/give away good clothes. I did it when my wife and I started dating, I did it later when we moved, I did it again when my son was born. I think all that happens when I try to quit is I waste money. When I get really stressed I want to dress nothing I can do about that.

NicoleScott
12-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Crossdressing is a manifestation of the feminine creature within us.

True for some, but not all.

Sister Rachel
12-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry to say I think the questions are not directed at the issue. Crossdressing is a manifestation of the feminine creature within us. That feminine creature is not going away, ever.

How we deal with her is the issue.

tina

Eloquent .. and spot on, suchacutie :)

KellyJameson
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM
For myself I do not have a clear dividing line between drab and enfemme, my hair is long, usually have at least clear nail polish on, wear all kinds of jewelry both masculine and feminine, perfume (Jivago) and some form of makeup so breast forms are really the only major change I make to my appearance and they are a B cup so they are not That Major of a change otherwise sometimes I wear skirts,heels and nylons sometimes pants and a T shirt. For me everything is relative except the breast forms, once I step out the door with those on I'm committed or should be. ( Just kidding, It's crazy NOT to crossdress IMHO ) so I would have to become a nudist to stop crossdressing but I would still wear waterproof mascara. Hope my answer is not to "out there", I'm in a very devilish mood today and my sense of humor can be very twisted when I'm like this.

Chloei
12-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I could never stop. It has taken me years to accept it. That is why I joined this forum, to talk to others like me.

Joanna Maguire
12-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Definitely could never stop being a CD purged several times in the past.I started being a Cd when my mother first put me in s dress when I was 7yrs old, 60 years later I am still an entusiastic CD

AnitaH
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I suppose some could stop it depends on what CD is to them and how deep it is ingrained within them. I stopped several times, I was even successful for a couple of years several times, finally started counseling to stop for good. All that did was prove to me that this is a strong part of myself. It has been 4 decades but now I have accepted this is me, quit fighting it and shed the guilt. In the few months since accepting myself my wife has seen a big difference in my life and is much happier with me. As someone else said I'd rather have a leg ripped off than be without Anita in my life.

Good luck but please try to be honest with yourself and your SO before you commit to anything.

AnitaH

BLUE ORCHID
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi Kayle, It's like the Mifia, You just can't quit CDind.

Orchid

JessicaM1985
12-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Orchid, I'd go a step further and quote The Godfather Part III:

"Every time I try to get out, it pulls me back in...." :lol:

Janine cd
12-27-2011, 10:53 PM
I have tried to stop more than once, but I keep coming back to it. I have decided that there is no way that I will ever stop crossdressing, so I might as well enjoy it for as long as I am able.

Rachel Morley
12-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Do you think you'll ever stop Crossdressing?
No, I highly doubt it. Perhaps maybe when I get older I might end up doing it less, but in reality that likelihood is pretty slim as when I retire the opportunity to dress is going to increase. I doubt my desire will have changed and besides, I tend to think I'm likely to be more passable the older I get (hopefully) :)

Missy Tanya
12-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Nope, not ever. As long as my wife is accepting I will to the day I die, dress and do my best to pretend to be a woman. I've even told her that if I pass on, I would like to be dressed pretty, so I can start my next life dress the way I should have been. Heck, I've done the male thing for 50+ years. Next time I want the girly ride.

If something should happen to my present wife before me. Yes, if there is a next, she will have to accept Tanya, cause it took her this long to show herself, she isn't about to be left behind next time.

Tanya, forever!!

Raychel
12-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I think the simple answer is no. I would expect that the day they lay my in that pine box will be the last time on earth for me.

Anna Lorree
12-28-2011, 01:03 AM
I did quit, through my 20's and I was miserable. I thought that when I got married and started a family, it would make me a better man who could dismiss dressing. It didn't.

At this point, I have decided that I am stuck with it. I wouldn't ask for it, but it is here. As such, I am trying to learn how far I need to take this, and how I can have it in my life in a healthy manner. My best advise; make peace with it early and be honest with any women you might be interested in. That will simplify things later on.

Anna

girlygirly
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
The only thing that could ever change is my level of outwardly femme apearance. Shopping for men's clothing would seem more foreign to me than wearing female clothing ever could.

Kayle Adell
12-28-2011, 01:28 AM
I must say when I started this thread, I never thought it would take off like it did. I was just wondering how others felt and I myself, only having done it once, would like to continue to do so. I guess I'm just nervous, I've never been out in public and still have alot of work today before I'm ready for anything like that. But I would like to thank everyone for there imputs, and also for those still to come.

Leeiah
12-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Why stop what you love to do? Do not see my self leaving this any time soon.

Jane G
12-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
12-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Oh! yes I plan to stop cross dressing, as soon as pigs learn how to fly.

Rachel Flowers
12-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I'll stop shortly before they nail down the coffin lid.

Deborah
12-28-2011, 08:07 AM
I joined the military and got married thinking it would help me stop. Deborah outlived both of them.

Jenniferx1
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:battingeyelashes:

Yep that about sums the issue up perfectly

Foxglove
12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I may well stop some time. Then start up again. Then stop again. Then start up again. And all the while, fret about it. History repeats itself.

Or maybe I should come to a decision once and for all. I think I might. I think I should decide to be me. It's certainly a lot more fun. And if I'm going to feel guilty, at least I should get what I'm paying for.

Jessica86
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Nope. I won't quit. I have tried many times, including when I met my first wife. Stuff fell out from that one, and it wasn't because of that. How do I know? She never knew. I was up in the closet like old baby toys. Never coming down.

Then I met my current wife. Well, I say met, but we knew each other then....as friends. She got into a bad car wreck, which cost her an eye. Now, she has a false eye, and after that....I knew she deserved someone who would love her, and treat her good no matter what happened. I knew I was that man, so I asked her to marry me.

I tried quitting then too, six years ago when I got divorced at only 19. I finally couldn't hide Jessica from her, and outed to her with the help of this very forum. This year marks 20 years I have been actively dressing. I'm 26 this year. Someone who has been dressing that long can't stop it. Its like an illness, which made me blow some of my Christmas money on shoes, skirts, dresses, and even a belt! I would be a liar if I said I don't enjoy every second Jessica comes around. I've tried quitting, but I guess you can say I quit quitting. Purging is expensive, so why not embrace it and enjoy it? I know I do!

monica.missil
12-28-2011, 12:59 PM
After spending most my life ignoring the desires I have to dress, I would say no.

Katelyn B
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
The short answer is no, and these days I'm pretty confident it isn't anything I'd even consider any more, being Katie (which I see as different then "just" dressing as Katie) is just so much a part of my life I could never leave it behind because I'm just a better, nicer, happier person as her.

Launa
12-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I've stopped for long periods of time in the past but I am not going to supress it or deny myself anymore for the rest of my life. As I have said before now I'm ready to give it the gas.

Tbirdgal
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
NEVA.................. not doing so puts me indenial . Being in a "Denial " stage is what has caused me to be a recovering alcoholic .

heel_addict
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I am currently living at my mother's house so I can't have anything feminine visible, most of the times (like right now) I am limited to a pair of pantyhose under my pants and my red painted toenails. As soon as I get my own place, however, I am quite sure this is only going to get more intense. I imagine myself being completely dressed as a woman at all times when at home. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever quit. My desire to be married and have a family is quite strong but I'll see if crossdressing and me as a family man can co-exist happily, probably not however. In which case I will be forced to quit. Now how does one do such a thing?

Princess Chantal
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
If it's not the lack of interest in crossdressing that will stop me, it definitely would be age and/or the diminishing of physical health that would put a halt to my crossdressing. I truthfully don't see myself being over 60 and crossdressing, unless of course I end up looking as good as some of the elder individuals on here do.

darci.c
12-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I simply have to from time to time, if not daily. I've spent too much time arguing with myself, and pretending, only to have it come back with a vengeance.

When I go out, pretty much every girl I meet sees me first and right away wearing women's clothes. Interestingly enough, they are more talkative, open, and accepting of me from the beginning, whereas when I was playing the role of "guy" it was tougher to get women to talk to me. In fact, in the cities I've lived where I could "go out" I simply don't when wearing guy clothes anymore, unless I'm with people who don't know this about me yet.

Several of the last few female friends I've made saw me first en femme. And it works out so much better in the long run because on the one hand they see me as their girlfriend, or gay friend, yet it's usually pretty clear to them that I'm (mostly) straight. Truth is that I was already 25 before I really started to have a sex life.

I can never put away the drama (call me what you will but I love it), beautiful dialogue, exposure to personalities, human elements, and fun that has come since that time.

I'll never turn back.

Vanessa5
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
After several purges and lots of self loathing/being run over by the guilt/shame train I do not ever plan on stopping. Everytime I do it pushes me into a deep depression and almost to nervous breakdown.

Now that I have come out to my wife and been to some counseling I feel relieved, as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My wife, tolerant, has told me it is ok but she does not want to participate and that is fine. I enjoy dressing and it helps me to decompress. My anxiety is almost totally gone when I do get to dress.

AlexisRaeMoon
12-28-2011, 11:41 PM
I love this thread. It's amazing to me how similar everyone's story is. I've tried stopping everytime I've started! "That's it! This is the last time!" Yeah, right...see how long that lasts. About a year ago I made the decision that this is part of who I am, and that won't change. And yeah, it's tons of fun! Still haven't told my wife yet, but it's really encouraging to read all the post here from married girls with accepting wives. I used to think there was no way in hell I'd ever tell another soul about this, but that attitude is starting to change...

Regan
12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I have tried to stop over the last 40 years, but I cannot stop thinking about it and truly missing it. I cannot actually dress much right now but I know deep down that this is a large part of who I am and hopefully one day I can come out to my wife. But until then I will be in the closet and thank God I found this site. I also believe that I started cross dressing because it is part of what I was born with, I can't fantasize by myself or with my wife without thoughts of being dressed and usually with a man.

susie evans
12-30-2011, 10:43 AM
why would i stop doing some thing that makes me this happy and fullfilled

susie

Michelle8
12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't give it up.If anything it's getting worse.i buy more clothes and shoes than most women own.And I love when they come in the mail.
I look forward to getting done with work so i can dress.It's when I'm happiest.

GBJoker
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
If I end up moving to Japan in a permament manner at any time in my future, then I'll probably quit. If not, then I'll most likely be CD'ing the rest of my life.

Gaby2
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
...If anything it's getting worse...
Better, Michelle, better! :love:Gaby

JCD568
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

For me, no. I have thought about quitting when I get a girlfriend, but I don't think it's possible, for me at least. I won't quit crossdressing even if I had a girfriend, or boyfriend. I want to be myself and hope that a potential partner will accept myself for who I am.

Lynn Marie
12-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Here I sit in drab thinking that I just might quit one of these days. I'm getting a little bored with it. I'll be out both evenings this weekend. Sometimes it gets a little tiring and I have boy interests calling out for my attention too.

In an hour or so, I'll start getting ready for the evening. I'm pretty sure I'll feel that there is just no way I'm ever going to quit this wonderful experience. That's the power of CDing in my life.

Kari Lynn Franks
12-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Tried many times over the years...I just kept coming back. I really don't think I can stop...I got irritable and depressed when I tried to stop (plus, I purged a lot of really cute stuff!). I just don't feel complete without it. I need a little bit of girl time every day. It relaxes me and makes me feel "right". I was the same way my wife says I was a very angry and depressed and now since she is fully excepting no I will never or could I quit

Jorja
12-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, I quit crossdressing as soon as I became a fulltime girl then transitioned. :)

eluuzion
12-31-2011, 05:56 AM
My parents did not teach me much, but they did teach me that once I start something, I need to stick with it until it is finished.

I'm not finished yet...:D

:love:

Foxglove
12-31-2011, 07:16 AM
My parents did not teach me much, but they did teach me that once I start something, I need to stick with it until it is finished.

Did they know you were a CDer at the time?

Veronica Lacey
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi Kayle...

I believe you can stop doing anything if it is really the lifestyle you want. I don't accept the broad "label for life" that society imposes upon us all, cd or not. It is very possible that some people can consider an activity or lifestyle in the past tense.

Having said this I believe it would depend on your reasons for crossdressing, yes? People who identify as the opposite gender to what their body is would always feel compelled to dress in a manner that mirrors their hearts and souls.

Yes, I have thought about scaling back or ceasing my dressing altogether on numerous occasions but not for many, many years now. I dress as I feel but accept that one day it just may not appeal to me. At this stage in life it appeals to me. One day I may also stop wearing jeans, t-shirts and hiking boots and jump to dress shirts, slacks and clogs but it would be because I want to not because society labelled me to be of the age to have to.

A relationship with a significant did not compel me to alter my dressing preferences. Seeing my wife's clothing allowed me to feel more comfortable with wearing female attire.

You are thinking of this question now at age 27...as a guess you may still be entertaining the thought at 37, 47, 57, 67, 77 :)

Jenniferathome
12-31-2011, 10:29 AM
No. Never. Stopping, is not really a possibility, I believe, other than for transitory periods caused by external factors,such askids,work,holidays,etc. I will never stop because I never want to stop. I like this part of me

nicoletta_cd
12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
I can't see stopping happening. I have breaks and always end up back. I would bet more people go from cd to TS than from cd to stop...

johanna.kitten
12-31-2011, 03:37 PM
No freaking way! Go back to a dull life... kinda no life? Will not ever happen, that is for sure! I have said it before and I will say it again. CDing is the second best thing I have ever done but supercars. So, be it, it comes in second, but I will never give it up. It is such a pleasure and it is affordable, you can enjoy it in our closet if so be it or you can take it to the extreme, you can use it to provoke/offend if you like. It is just such a beautiful thing to do. Most of the time I feel sorry for the people that do not do this... surely it is lurking in their innermost somewhere, and they are in denial or just not aware of it.

/Johanna

eluuzion
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Did they know you were a CDer at the time?

No, they did not know at that time, nor do they know now. I started Cding when I was about 28 years old. I had been living over a thousand miles away from my hometown for over 10 years by then.

I do not feel any necessity to share this part of my life with my acquaintances/family. I have already disclosed it to 32,100+ people. (forum population). There are entire cities with fewer total populations. :heehee:
So, that is enough for me right now.

:love:

Amanda Styles
01-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Perhaps once I am dead.

5150 Girl
01-03-2012, 03:03 AM
If you're like most of us, theis CDing thing is in your DNA... Sure you can surpess it for a little while, but the urge will be back, and back with avengence!!!
THE last time I found myself single, I vowe that I would be up front with my neaxt SO, and make it clear that I was a "package deal" so to speak.... (love him, love her to)

Foxglove
01-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Perhaps once I am dead.

I like the optimism of this post. Perhaps there are CDing angels in heaven. Or perhaps you get to choose your sex in heaven. Or perhaps in that other place, because, to be honest, I'm not sure exactly where I'm headed. I'm not sure even the devil could put up with me.

Jorja
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I like the optimism of this post. Perhaps there are CDing angels in heaven. Or perhaps you get to choose your sex in heaven. Or perhaps in that other place, because, to be honest, I'm not sure exactly where I'm headed. I'm not sure even the devil could put up with me.

I strive to be the kind of woman that, when my feet hit the ground each morning , the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"! :)