PDA

View Full Version : time moving on.....

Debra Russell
12-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I haven't been able to get out for a while and have only just started catching up here a few days ago. My 43 yr old son died on thanksgiving due to alcohol induced activities. My wife and I have been strong for each other and family support has been great....but time moves on --- and as the holiday season rolls to a new year we are looking forward.

We went to the mall last night and purchased a few belated gifts, a sweater for my daughter and my sweet wife saw the sparkle in my eye and ask if I wanted one :) -- well I just thought how comforting it was for her caring... when we got home I modeled it for her.... well here it is and I love it

171101 171102

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I am so glad that you and your wife have each other in this difficult time.

rebecca34
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Debra that's terrible news, I'm so sorry. Be rocks for each other and you will pull through this dark time.

Wishing you peace and sending you hugs.

With love, Becca xx

josee
12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
So sorry to hear about your terrible loss. Can't imagine what you must be going through.

Lynn Marie
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
43 is way too young for anyone to die. I'm so sorry.

suzy1
12-27-2011, 02:07 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your son Debra.

Thinking of you,

SUZY

Julie Hall
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Debra, I'm so sorry for your loss. Irregardless of the circumstance, losing a child can be a very difficult thing to go through. I am very glad you and your wife have each other in this difficult period.

Acastina
12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Please let me add my condolences. I've lost my best friend, both parents, and an older brother over my 63 years, and it's never easy. But life does go on, even as we struggle with grief.

It sounds like you and your wonderful wife will get through this together. Maybe your place of peace is hers as well.

Hugs,
Annie

PS: You look awesome in that sweater!

SherriePall
12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Debra -- My deepest condolences to you and your wife.

IamSara
12-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Debra, I am deeply sorry for your loss, I am thinking of you and your wife.

Lorileah
12-27-2011, 03:25 PM
deepest sympathy on your loss. The holidays must have been rough for you.

and you look good in that sweater

carhill2mn
12-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I am sorry about the loss of your son. How great it is that your wife and you are able to help each other.

Donna June
12-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I am also sorry for your loss, Debra. I had just commented on a post about how nice it is to be single, if you are so inclined. This is one of those times it is good to have someone. I'm glad your wife and you are strong for each other.

PretzelGirl
12-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I am sorry to hear about your son Debra. It is heartening to see that you are continuing with normal activities. It can be numbing to lose a child, but you can always remember them in your heart and mind and still continue on. My deepest condolences. :hugs:

Kaz
12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Debra, losing anyone we dearly love is a terrible thing to go through. A good friend of mine lost his son a while ago... he was a student getting up to student (alcohol induced) pranks. I have 3 girls in their 20s and early 30s. My heart and thoughts are with you. I am so glad that you and your wife are spiritually together at this time.

morgan51
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
My condolences to you and your wife I am wishing for a better year for both of you I can,t imagine loosing a son I am so sorry.

Helen Grandeis
12-28-2011, 10:56 AM
My condolences. I lost my mother on Christmas day 2005 and my father a year ago the week before Thanksgiving (US). I am glad your spouse is so connected to making you happy.

sissystephanie
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Debra, my heart goes out to you and your dear wife for your terrible loss. That said, you do look wonderful in that sweater!! I hope you thanked your wife appropiately!!

BTW, my late wife and I were both born and raised in Oregon, before moving to Seattle and than here to Georgia! I still love Oregon and go back there often. My late wife also supported my crossdressing activities, and did my makeup and my wig!

Debra Russell
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it means a lot..............Debra

ReineD
12-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Debra. I cannot imagine any worse pain than losing a child and my heart goes out to you and your family. :sad:

Alice B
12-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm glad that you have each other and very sorry for your loss. No matter what the cause was. My son died a few months ago at age 44 from a herat attack. He was a good kid and at the end of a normal life span because he had Down's Syndrome. He had a good life and familky support, whch is important to everyone. Life will move on and the good memories will remain.

S. Lisa Smith
12-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss!!! Be strong!!

docrobbysherry
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Debra, I'm totally in awe of your strength! Of course, I'm very disturbed by your loss! But, u seem to be handling it very well! I hope so, anyway! Please try to remember the good times when you're not feeling strong! I'm glad u 2 have each other!

If something happened to either of my girls, I'm sure I would be unconsoleable!

Amanda22
12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Debra. I can't imagine how hard that is. Take care of yourself.

flatlander_48
12-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it means a lot..............Debra

It is one of the best things about Community that we can draw upon the strength of others as needed. Although most of us are separated physically, in many ways, we are very close in thoughts and sensibilities.

That said, it is ALWAYS sad when parents outlive their children. It means that the natural order of things is upset and that just shouldn't happen. But, unfortunately life doesn't always go according to plan. While we must grieve and it is an important part of the process, as you said, time moves on. We do have to pass through grief, but we cannot dwell there.

My condolences to you and your family...

Mollyanne
12-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Debra, I know EXACTLY how you feel, I too lost my son who was 46 three years ago. He too died from an alcohol related activity. You and your wife need each other now more than ever for mutual strength in your "darkest hour". Time doesn't heal all wounds but the wounds just go to a different place. Please accept my heart felt condolences.

Mollyanne

Julia_in_Pa
12-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Debra,

I'm praying for you and your family.

Julia

Claire Cook
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Debra,

Your wife has wonderful taste. May you continue to be sources of comfort to each other in this difficult time.

BillieJoEllen
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
The loss of a child is very hard to understand sometimes. My wife and I have stood by and watched many other close acquaintances and relatives say goodbye to their children. It was never easy for us and we can't really understand how others feel. You have my deepest sympathy and hope that each of you can get some healing very soon.

JenniferLynn0370
12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Debra; I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs,
Jen