PDA

View Full Version : The way to be a happy C.D. girl for ever and ever.

suzy1
12-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I have my own place and live alone. It’s not everybody’s idea of happiness but if you are a loner like me its heaven on earth.
I go and spend time with my family and friends. But in the back of my mind is the thought that I will be going home later and changing into that new top and skirt that came in the post this morning. And I can be Suzy, I can be me.

Am I lucky that I am a loner? Is it a strength to be as I am?
I have all the love I need from my two sons and my daughter, and my fantastic daughter-in law.

Are there others bubbling over with joy like me?

SUZY

IamSara
12-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Like you Suzy, I tend to be a loner also. I am married and enjoy the time with my wife and kids. But that alone time is so very important to me. It rejuevenates me and gets me ready for whatever is next. Moving from place to place all your life growing up and somewhat as an adult make you independent and not really needing to be around people all the time.
I am glad you are happy with your life and your kids are there for you when you need them.

Karren H
12-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Being a loner sounds too lonley for me....

Natalie D
12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been single for three years now. At first I did miss my ex and the kids not being around. The kids had all left home before we split but were always around.

As time has gone by I've got more and more used to it. About two years ago I decided to stop fighting the urge to CD and started spending more time dressed and buying stuff I needed. I now spend most of my time at home dressed. I'm very happy alone and now have friends on here and other social network sites to "talk" to

Like you Suzy I guess I'm a bit of a loner but I do have my family and a few close friends. At this present time I could't be happier the way I am. When I'm out I do find myself looking forward to getting home and shutting the door behind me. I'm happy to shut the outside world away and be me at my happiest for a while.

Leeiah
12-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Suzy you do have a good point there.

Katie zoom
12-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Hiya im in Herts near London. Where abouts are you. No one has to be lonley. Love the Santa outfit. Take care Katie xx

suzy1
12-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Hiya im in Herts near London. Where abouts are you. No one has to be lonley. Love the Santa outfit. Take care Katie xx

I am not lonely………..that’s the point!

Sorry you mean Natalie.

Katelyn B
12-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I mujst admit I do like living alone and the freedom it gives me to be Katie. Though I am a bit of a loner and comfortbale with my own company if anything its pushed me to be far more "out" then I was when living with my ex. The reason being I just got tired of having to change if I was going over to someones house in the evening or having to hide stuff if people were comming over. In the end, it as just easier to tell them and have them meet Katie.

ArleneRaquel
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't know if I'm a loner, but living alone makes it much easier to be Arlene 24/7.

Jilmac
12-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah Suzy, I live alone too but I wouldn't call myself a loner because there's so much activity in my life. Although I'll have to admit that I cherish the time I get as Jill whether I'm alone at home or with friends. Like you, I can't wait to come home from my shop or some male outing and slip into something feminine. Then there are the days when I can dress en femme in the morning and remain that way all day long. I'll never cease to enjoy my feminine half.

sissystephanie
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I also live alone! I do have 2 grown children who live fairly close by, and who know that I crossdress but don't want to see me that way. I have been alone since my dear wife passed away 6 years ago, and yes there are times when I am very lonely without her. But this forum helps, and I can pretty much dress when I want to, whether to stay at home or to go out. Oh yes, I also have 3 grandchildren who don't know that I crossdress and probably never will!! But they do love me, that is for sure!

Natalie D
12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I am not lonely………..that’s the point!

Sorry you mean Natalie.

Exactly the same here. Thats the point, I'm not lonely. If I want company I can have it with my friends and family. I work nights so it is an unsocial life I live anyway. But most evenings that I do get not working I tend to spend my time at home where I am happiest.

carhill2mn
12-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I relate totally to how you feel as my situation is very similar!

kimdl93
12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm way too much of a social animal to live (and dress) alone.

KellyJameson
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
The greatest loneliness I have ever experienced was being in a loveless relationship. There is something to be said for owning your life completely, being alone is different than being lonely and when I fill to much of my time with others I long for time with myself for I find within my own mind is where the most interesting things happen for the mind is as expansive as the universe if you have the courage and curiosity to explore it.

Donna June
12-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm with you, Suzy. Living alone gives you so much freedom. Also, some of the loneliest souls I know are married and have people all around them. So to those who love not being single or alone I say great and to those of us who enjoy being single, that's great too.

suchacutie
12-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I think you can choose to be happy or choose to be sad. I live with a wonderful loving and supportive wife and am incredibly happy, but that didn't happen by accident. Like Suzy, I love what I do, and who I am. I love being a guy for a while, and then having Tina show up for a while!

Whether living alone or with another, being happy is a state of mind and can be attained!

tina

Natalie D
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
The greatest loneliness I have ever experienced was being in a loveless relationship. There is something to be said for owning your life completely, being alone is different than being lonely and when I fill to much of my time with others I long for time with myself for I find within my own mind is where the most interesting things happen for the mind is as expansive as the universe if you have the courage and curiosity to explore it.

Very well put. The last couple of years that I lived with my ex it was a loveless relationship. At times I felt lonely. I don't feel that way any more. There's a big difference between being lonely and living alone.

NicoleScott
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM
It's good to have a partner, but the thing I really didn't expect was how much I missed my alone time, and it's not just about dressing. I cherish my alone time, and agree that there's a difference between being alone and being lonely. I don't get lonely when I'm alone, and often wish I had more alone time. This is not to say that I don't like being with other people -family in particular. I know people who hate being alone. I'm not one of them.

Jamie2
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
HI !!
I too enjoy "Jamie" time. I don't have a very active social life, I stay at home most days.
My last marriage was a totaly one sided one,(for HER), so I didn't let the door hit me in the a**
on the way out !!!
I enjoy living alone,( sister lives upstairs), We have our limits, and respect them!!!!!!!!!
While she accepts this side of me, she also wants Big brother at times. I try to accomplish this.
It is something that we all have to find out for ourselves.
I am very happy with the situation that I have !!!!!!!!!

Cynthia Anne
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I've been a loner all my life! Although I was married for 15 years I was still a loner! I love it! Not gonna' change it! I can proudly say I DID IT MY WAY! Hugs!

paula123
12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I also live alone and enjoy dressing any time i want. but i wish their wear some places to go dressed up

Jorja
12-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Up until a few years ago, I had always lived with someone else be it parents, a GF, BF, friend, husband, or my kids. Frank, the love of my life passed away four years ago. There was a period of time that I felt so lonely. One day I noticed that I really liked my own company. I had no one to answer to. I could come and go as I pleased when I pleased. I can be as noisy as I want or quieter than a mouse. I can dress the way I like or go without.

That being said, there are more people in and out of my home on a daily basis than there ever were when I was living with someone else. Alone, hardly!

Crysten
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Well my wife split about six months ago and i still have both kids at home. some more freedom to dress when the kids arent around but i still miss my wife a lot. not sure being alone is the thing for me even though im a bit of a loner too

AnitaH
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes there is a difference between being a loner and being lonely. I have been a loner most of my life, I enjoy my own company, i like hiking the trails by myself, camping by myself and even being Anita by myself. But there are times that I and Anita both enjoy others company and I have lately come to realize that being alone too much could be dangerous.

AnitaH

Juliana Hart
12-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Been single 25 years, son on his own. Pretty much a loner but not lonely...that's why there's dogs!

Kelly767
12-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I am single, live alone and love my time alone to dress and do as I wish. Have friends and a girlfriend a few states away but really dig my alone time. It makes me so happy...

docrobbysherry
12-28-2011, 12:54 AM
It's NOT clear from the earlier posts how many r closet dressers!? Closet dressers MAY spend too much alone time while expressing their alter ego!:sad:

As a kind of loner and closet dresser, I wonder how my life will be when my only house mate goes off to college next year. Since I split custody of her with my ex, I have plenty of Sherry time rite now.:battingeyelashes:

So, what happens when I have the house ALL to myself? With my friends online? My girlfriend, Sherry, simply a mirror image? And, Sherry socializing at CD conventions only a few times a year? :eek:

Doesn't sound real healthy to me!:straightface:

suzy1
12-28-2011, 03:43 AM
It's NOT clear from the earlier posts how many r closet dressers!? Closet dressers MAY spend too much alone time while expressing their alter ego!:sad:

As a kind of loner and closet dresser, I wonder how my life will be when my only house mate goes off to college next year. Since I split custody of her with my ex, I have plenty of Sherry time rite now.:battingeyelashes:

So, what happens when I have the house ALL to myself? With my friends online? My girlfriend, Sherry, simply a mirror image? And, Sherry socializing at CD conventions only a few times a year? :eek:

Doesn't sound real healthy to me!:straightface:

Sherry, I think the point is how you are made.

If like me you are perfectly happy to live alone, even need to live alone rather than having to share your life with others around you all the time then that’s healthy not unhealthy.

It’s obvious when I look around me that most people dread living alone. I know two men that have lost there wives recently and rushed into a new marriage because they could not face being alone.

It’s how you are made Sherry. You are either a born loner or you are not.

SUZY

Sharon B.
12-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I too live alone except for the house dog and the four legged critters that I have out in the barn. It can be lonely around the holidays but I do some friends that I can go and socialize with in my drab attire.
It is nice to be able to leave my makeup out and to be feminine whenever I want to be which right now it seems to be everyday. I do keep nail polish on my toenails constantly and keep my body hairless 365 days. I quit worrying about what some narrow minded person might say about my legs having no hair on them.

Foxglove
12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I too have lived a good part of my life alone, and I don't know that I've often felt lonely. I do often feel lonely when I'm with people who are very different from me--and that's virtually all of them. Being on your own has its advantages, and if you're like me--that is, if you have things that you can put your mind to so that you're always occupied with something--then being alone can be OK.

Chickhe
12-31-2011, 01:40 AM
After spending any time with in-laws and relatives over Christmas really makes me want to live alone! ....you lucky...

eluuzion
12-31-2011, 05:47 AM
I have been a "shared" custody father (every Fri-Mon) for my daughter since she was two years old. My last support payment is this month...concluding 17 years of that program. (She is in college in AZ now). I am back to full time single household again.
Aside from that, one semester in college with 3 roommates...and a few brief periods of cohabitation with a few past girlfriends (and ex-wives,lol)...I have lived "alone" most of my life...in many different places. I am also self-employed and "work" alone.

I have never felt "lonely" in my entire life. I am one of those people who would probably do just fine if I ever end up on a deserted island. I would not even need a volleyball, lol.

I have lots of friends and interact with people on a regular basis. I just do not need to live with any of them to be happy. I am extremely curious and always find ways to entertain myself. I am not avoiding intimate relationships...I just do not "search" for a SO.

Yes, life is good. It does require self discipline, for sure. Particularly when it comes to CDing and other fun stuff...:D

:love:

Kaz
12-31-2011, 06:02 AM
It's the time of year when I tend to get introspective and Suzy, you've caused me to get there with this thread! Up until I now I had been too preoccupied with others...

It is strange, but I have just realised that I have never lived alone! I left home to go to Uni but lived in shared houses until I met my wife and then moved in with her... kids etc.. BUT... i have always had and/or made opportunities to be on my own for a few days and have always relished these, as has my wife. I really like being on my own, although my life is full of other people. We are talking of splitting up but because we both would like more space rather than anything else...

I love being alone, but I love the other side too. I guess I need both!

Foxglove
12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
I have been a "shared" custody father (every Fri-Mon) for my daughter since she was two years old. My last support payment is this month...concluding 17 years of that program. (She is in college in AZ now). I am back to full time single household again.
Aside from that, one semester in college with 3 roommates...and a few brief periods of cohabitation with a few past girlfriends (and ex-wives,lol)...I have lived "alone" most of my life...in many different places. I am also self-employed and "work" alone.

I have never felt "lonely" in my entire life. I am one of those people who would probably do just fine if I ever end up on a deserted island. I would not even need a volleyball, lol.

I have lots of friends and interact with people on a regular basis. I just do not need to live with any of them to be happy. I am extremely curious and always find ways to entertain myself. I am not avoiding intimate relationships...I just do not "search" for a SO.

Yes, life is good. It does require self discipline, for sure. Particularly when it comes to CDing and other fun stuff...:D

:love:

I can understand what you're saying here. It's good to have interests, things that are meaningful to you, that you can devote yourself to--whether you're living alone or with others. I don't think you can depend on others to give you direction in life, because most of them won't really know where they're going. And even if they do, they don't know where you want to go. I think you have to find your own foundation in life. If you have one, then it makes being on your own quite feasible. Sure, you'd probably want to have someone to share your life with, but for me it's better to have my life rather than losing it with someone who doesn't really know what I want it to be.

Elana
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I've been living alone for the past year or so, its been a time a good time since I've been able to expand my fem side, and dress more freely than ever before. I like doing things on my own, and the studio i live in is pretty peaceful also. I still mantain a close relationship with my immediate parents and coworker friends. Just wish my studio allowed for pets, it would be nice to have a cat or dog around.