PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a dress to feel femini9ne

DeniseNJ
12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
I was trying on some stuff I ordered for my transformation, like a pre fit. I really don't like the dress I bought so I tried on the pleated slacks and a nice blouse and heels. I wore my padded strpless bra and forms and bubbled padded panties. I had to throw on a wig and a little make-up to see if I like the look. I like the look and kinda feel womanly in that outfit. My front was smooth and my butt looked alot better with the padding. I have nice slender legs for a bigger girl and love the skirt look . so my question is can you feel just as feminine in slacks and a nice top as you would in a dress or skirt ?? Or should I go get a nicer skirt or dress for my transformation in Vegas

Cynthia Anne
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes I can! I don't wear a dress very often! I feel just as feminine 24/7! Hugs!

GBJoker
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
For me, not in the slightest. I'm more of a light switch that I turn on or off depending on the situation.

missyapril
12-28-2011, 03:43 PM
For me I need to be in a dress or skirt to real feel feminine. Wearing pants just feels to much like guy mode, no matter the rest of the outfit.

kimdl93
12-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I certainly feel more feminine in a dress or skirt and top, but most days, I'm in women's jeans or slacks and feel perfectly feminine, provided I've taken the time to put on foundation garments, forms, make up and accessories.

prettytoes
12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
For me, it depends on my mood. I love my mini skirts and sweater dress with some cute tights, but I also feel good in some boot cut yoga pants or a pair of capris. Everyone is different. Wear whatever makes you feel good!

Allanah p
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Well for me a dress or a nice skirt and blouse certainly makes me feel more feminine, but it has always been for me the bra panties and pantyhose. As long as I have those anything on top is just a bonus :)

Eryn
12-28-2011, 04:45 PM
It certainly helps, but I can also feel good in a nice top and Capris, or femme jeans. It all depends upon the situation.

wishing2bali
12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I usually need to be in at least undergarments to feel even the slightest bit girly, unless I'm playing with my hair. There's a reason I keep it so long ;) Skirts are the golden ticket, but since I can't shave my legs without fear of my wife going ballistic, I have to settle for femme jeans which do the trick just fine. A cute top doesn't hurt either.

LilSissyStevie
12-28-2011, 05:00 PM
No, I can feel feminine on the tractor wearing overalls and a flannel shirt. I'd just rather be wearing a dress.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-28-2011, 05:00 PM
There's no right or wrong way to feel feminine (despite what Karren might say if she responds to this thread :-P.) I have pants I feel girly in and I have skirts (ok, kilts) that I feel masculine in. And I see women out and about all the time dressed in pants that look absolutely amazing, in fact I can remember times when, while flirting, I've said to girls "Have I ever told you how big a fan I am of black pants?" or something to that effect.

It's all about what makes you feel good.

Foxglove
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I definitely like the dress or skirt myself. If I have a nice blouse, I can more or less get by with slacks, but I still feel like I'm too much in boy-mode.

ArleneRaquel
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
No dress needed for me. I feel femmy as long as I have my lipstick & bra. Right now I'm wearing bra, robe, and slip with lippy of course and I feel so femmy. :battingeyelashes:

sissystephanie
12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I know that I am part feminine no matter what clothes I have on. It is just my nature to feel that way, since all of us have some degree of femininity in us. But a skirt and top or a nice dress certainly helps the feeling!!

suchacutie
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Clothes are a nice addition but they are the condiment, not the main meal. I too have a switch. When it's thrown in the feminine side, the voice changes, the outlook on life changes (heck, try walking like a guy wearing heels!!!), and then Tina decides what to wear. She might wear a few different outfits per day but it's still Tina!

*ROXY*
12-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Although the clothing is a big thing for me, putting makeup on or painting my nails gives me that girly glow :-)

Janelle_C
12-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Sometimes I love just putting on panties and a minie night shirt. But dressing up in pants or a dress makes me feel just as good. But I LOVE putting on my heels.

Sister Rachel
12-28-2011, 06:24 PM
No, I don't need a dress .. as soon as I'm in a lacy petticoat and panties, I'm feeling quite feminine:heehee:

StarrOfDelite
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I like to get girly in a nice dress (saw a red club dress in Macy's yesterday which would look dazzling on a girl about twenty-five years my junior, and it made me dream about being young and hot and desirable), but I feel most comfortable in androgynous clothes and my wig and makeup. If my body is smooth, I'm wearing makeup, and I have my wig on, I feel totally Femme without much regard to my clothing.

Audrey34
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I prefer dresses and skirts but the whole fem thing really kicks in when I apply foundation, lipstick and do my eye makeup. For some reason, I feel absolutely wonderful when it's all done!
-Audrey

jayme357
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I have to agree with sissystephanie I think for the first time. I can feel girly anytime. I can be wearing levis and a Harley T and as long as I am wearing a bra and perhaps long dangly earrings I am one happy person. Would I like to be dressed to the nines? You bet! But I will take whatever I can get.

Brynn_A
12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
I can feel girly in a pair of jeans, a short skirt or a dress. I just need a touch of mascara and makeup

Elana
12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Wearing a skirt or dress helps me feel more feminine, but recently going out i found out wearing a cute pair of fem jeans, and a light top still makes me feel fem though. Something about the tightness of the jeans i guess for me since guy mode pants for me are baggy. So wearing girl jeans that are better fitting still triggers in my mind a feeling of fem.

TGMarla
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Do I need a dress in order to feel feminine? Well, I don't suppose that I do. But since I can wear pants any time I want to, I like to wear dresses when I crossdress.

cindy777
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Denise,

I don't need a dress to feel feminine. Normally wear dresses on a very regular bases as they are sooo comfy, but the odd time will wear cargo pants and a blouse as well.

In the end do what you feel good with, as you are really the only one you have to please in that area.

Enjoy your transformation in Vegas, it sounds very exciting.

Cindy

DeniseNJ
12-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey !! thanks girls, for all the insight. I will be having pictures taken @ GB2 and I want to pic the right outfit. I will bring the pants and blouse. I am having a skirt altered/shortened to the knee just incase. I bought this watermelon color dress that has 2 layers on the lower skirt part. I am leaning towards the black peep toe pumps, looking down and seeing cute toes peeping out kinda does it for me, and they looked good with the charcoal slacks. I can't bring too muck Denise stuff, even tho the wife said I can do this , we really don't talk much about it . I don't think she knows how serious I am taking this First time experience. When I get pics, I will def post them. I will admitt that new strapless bra and forms really gave me that fem shape and feeling even for a + size girl. We are so different but all so alike:heehee:

Renee W
12-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Wearing a skirt or a dress helps me feel like I have fully crossed the line. Early on the weekends I have tried just a blouse, bra, wig, etc. and a pair of sweat pants, just doesn't feel complete.

Tina B.
12-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Dress's are nice, I love a nice skirt and blouse, but somedays, you just have things to do that make a dress or skirt unpractical, I wear a skirt about 60% of the time, the rest I wear pants, the last couple of seasons, I fell in love with Leggings, long or capri depending on the weather. But then I can feel femine in a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt.
Tina B.

KarenCDFL
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
This is a great question and the answer is...

Not at all.

The clothes, makeup etc. just allows me to look on the outside of how I feel on the inside.

Very early in the game (over 30 years ago) dressing was more of a fetish/sexual thing but now in my 50's it is just looking the part.

Dana7
12-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I can feel fem in pants but they have to be cut right. I have this pair of black leather pants that are soooo sexy....

But I usually prefer dresses and skirts. They're just fem, by definition.

Sharon B.
12-29-2011, 12:41 PM
For me a dress or a skirt with a blouse/sweater feels more feminine than wearing woman slacks/jeans as I have to wear jeans whenever I am in male mode.

BillieJoEllen
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Its dresses for me or skirts. I like the soft, sensual feeling of the foundations and lingerie I'm wearing when I do don a dress.
We have a long time friend (gg) that has only worn dresses 3 or 4 times since graduating from high in 1970. One was her wedding dress and two or three other times she was a bridesmaid. She tells us that skirts and dresses make her feel too 'girly'. I don't get her at all. She wears nakeup and is really cute even now that shes pushing 60. Oh my if she only knew!

Susan_Xdress
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I confess to needing my dresses and skirts. Perhaps not 'need' exactly, but to fully embrace my girlyness, nothing works more for me than my dresses and skirts swinging around my legs. Pants/jeans and blouses have their place when I am traveling, but it is too much like the drabs.

Kaz
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
It's all a state of mind and whatever triggers it!

Emma Leigh
12-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Mainly skirts, I have so few dresses, I cannot feel feminine in womens pants, although I have some, I underdress 24/7, and it just feels the same as being in drab

Alice B
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I think that when I put on make up the feelings start. Adding clothing , forms and a wig complete my feelings, but the make up is the major key.

Cheryl T
12-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Not I. I am just as at ease in slacks or jeans (sorry Karren), a skirt and top, crop pants or pj's. It's not that the clothes that make me feel feminine, they just show that side of me to others.

Amanda S
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
There's an expression: "clothes make the man." In job training programs they often have a "dress for success" policy, because dressing up in a specific way helps people feel a certain way. This isn't crap. It works.

I'd assume, then, that clothes make the woman, too. For me, I don't feel feminine in drab. I actually feel out of place and wrong. I feel as out of place as my wife would wearing a pair of my boxers and one of my male dress shirts. That said, I don't own a dress (haven't found one long enough that I like). I do have skirts, and I have a couple pairs of pants that when I wear make me look absolutely sexy and beautiful. So that's what I wear most of the time.

Sam-antha
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
No, but a skirt helps and given that, then a bra is necessary and then....
~Samm

Kristy_K
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I can wear women jean and feel female but I usually wear heels with them. Otherwise I would prefer a skirt and blouse.

JessicaM1985
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I feel feminine whether or not I dress, but it comes out more when I dress up. I also feel much happier when I do it, whereas I'm kinda meh when in guy mode.

Barbara Ella
12-29-2011, 08:25 PM
As said, it can be a state of mind. At times, my casual femme with blouse and jeans is just clothing, but at others, it really takes me where I need to be. Skirt and heels really does it all the time. Right now lipstick and nail polish are the limit of what I do in the makeup area, and no wig. I have another level to experience I know, but again it will be the state of my mind while I am doing it that takes me there or not.

Babes

June Laine
12-29-2011, 09:48 PM
For me underdressing does the trick. The world doesn't see what I feel.

June

cassandra54
12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
nope. i like wearing jean shorts with a white top, white bra and white cotton bikinis. like wearing jean capris with a green sweater, beige bra and lacy beige panties. i have a leotard i wear with tights and stretch pants. i also wear skirts and blouses, dresses, and dress slacks. you name it. i love wearing anything that makes me look and feel like a woman.

tonight i have on a purple dress, matching bra and panties from soma. together with a purple camisole from kohl's, black boots from kohl's with a black garter belt, and black stockings. i feel very sexy waiting for my SO to come home. i am wearing perfume, mascara and eye makeup she gave me.

tomorrow morning, when i have on jeans and a top, i will feel very girly. you see, sometimes i feel feminine but in different ways. girly, sexy womanly, and so on.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6204/6108252084_9920187125.jpg

JohnH
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM
I simply like to wear a dress since it hangs from my shoulders and does not bind my waist. When it is cold I like to add pantyhose and heels. Yes i do like how that outfit feels. My wife never wears dresses, pantyhose, or heels so I guess I am the one who has to do the honors!

Johanna

karanne
01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
No, I AM a girl! I do prefer to wear skirts or dresses, even when it's the weekend and I don't have to. For me, girl-jeans don't cut it, I would prefer to wear something low-cut (like a leotard), tights and a nice denim skirt while I'm out 'n' about. Let's face it, cleavage and a skirt with some heels or boots say 'GIRL'. (Even if I don't use much make-up.) So put me down as a semi-tomboy girly TS!

Does that make any sense at all? <grin>

Crysten
01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I wear women jeans all the time w/ sexy panties and nylons. I feel girly and I don't stand out ... too much. The bottom line is what do YOU want to wear? Just pick what you want and don't limit yourself. Women don't, and neither should you!!!

MissMarcie
01-01-2012, 03:39 PM
so my question is can you feel just as feminine in slacks and a nice top as you would in a dress or skirt ?? Or should I go get a nicer skirt or dress for my transformation in Vegas

It's strictly your call...but how often do you get a transformation in Vegas?
personally, I'd wear a skirt or dress to get the full femme experience.

Julia_in_Pa
01-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I feel feminine eating corn on the cobb and wiping my buttery fingers on my old Phillies sweatshirt.

Do you know why?

It's because I am feminine.

Julia

Marleena
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I feel feminine eating corn on the cobb and wiping my buttery fingers on my old Phillies sweatshirt.

Do you know why?

It's because I am feminine.

Julia

I can't argue with that logic:)

For me it's a state of mind, although clothes do help.

DMichele
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
No I don't need to dress to feel feminine.

Outside of work, I dress pretty androgenously - underdressed and often wearing ladies jeans or pants with a ladies tee, polo, knit top, etc. Also, my nails are generally polished - OPI's Nail Envy - matte finish.

Surprisingly, I fine ladies jeans, pants and tops fit my very tall slender frame quite well - much better than guy clothing. The ladies clothing feels right - like it belongs. I do have skirts that I wear at home. I continually tweak my fem wardrobe thereby placing more and more male attire in storage without regrets.

I have nearly abandoned the days of watching sports until the sun sets and have been enjoying it (i.e. less guy and more girly). I guess you could say that my feminity is a work-in-progress.

DanaR
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I used to wear dresses all of the time. Now I'm more than comfortable feeling feminine in jeans or nice pants.