PDA

View Full Version : Shaving my legs

Janelle_C
12-28-2011, 06:21 PM
:o:oI would love to shave my legs but I'm afrade of someone seeing them and it being a dead giveaway that I'm crossdressing. I would love to hear anyone's experience on this, how long does it take to grow back?:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

prettytoes
12-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Started shaving mine in October for a tattoo I got on my calf. Been shaving ever since. I have had 2 minor medical procedures that involved a hospital gown, and I have been showing off my new tattoo to everyone. No one has said a word about my legs being shaved.

Eryn
12-28-2011, 06:43 PM
A very popular subject here!

Consider a couple of things:

1. How many people look at men's legs with an eye to checking their furriness?
2. Do smooth legs automatically infer crossdressing to Joe Public?

The answers tend to be that they don't often notice and the 1% that do won't think about crossdressing.

Jennifer B
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I know how you feel. The first time I shaved my legs I worried about it and felt naked under my jeans and even more so under my work trousers. It makes you anxious even though no one can see. If like me you have very hairy legs, it can look very disconcerting seeing plain dry legs, for the first time after so many years of fur. You soon get past that though. Go for it. Now is the perfect time of year to do it, unless you wear shorts in winter. My leg hair grows back in two months. It all comes back fine so don't worry.

After you shave use moisturiser or Baby oil, it makes a huge difference, from having pasty, dry legs and can make a big difference between your initial experience being a nervy exercise, where you are a little disappointed at the outcome, or a pleasant outcome. After the oil drys, put on sheer stockings and it will all become worthwhile.

You might still feel anxious for a bit, especially when getting changed or out in public, but it soon passes. Look at it this way. I worried about one of my flat mates seeing my bare legs around the house should I pad around in the morning in boxer shorts, when the next time I saw him in a dressing gown in the morning I looked at his legs for the first time and realised that his legs were bare. I asked him about it and he just said, "Nah never had particularity hairy legs me. Why have you got hairy legs?"
That's two interesting points. One I'd never even looked at his legs despite my own concerns about my own and two he clearly had never looked at mine before I shaved them.

The moral of the story, try not to worry. Some blokes don't have hairy legs anyway and no one is much bothered.

Elana
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
I was the same way also thinking that someone would notice but after of doing it no one ever mentioned anything. Not to mention i wear pants most of the time, the only time i wear shorts are in the summer and those are cargo shorts that are low so most people dont notice anyways. I've personally never been question of my shaved legs. It just feel better also wearing anything with shaved legs beneath, its like a fresh sensation. Not to mention lingerie and skirts feels better. I normally shave my legs while showering using a fem razor. Then right after getting out i put sweet smelling lotion on them. It takes about a week for my leg hair to start growing back and noticing it. I'm thinking the rate of hair growth is different for everyone though.

Cassandra Lynn
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
My legs have been bare for nearly 8 years now and most of the rest of my body, i do keep a bit of fur on my forearms during the summer, which i keep trimmed real short.

I can't even remember the last time someone even looked at them that i seen. I've never gotten a comment. And it looks as though you live in Cali, so i doubt very much you have anything to worry about.
It is just to common these days, athletes of all kinds shave, and i think it has become something in vogue.
I know of many women who think hairy men are gross.

If all else fails and a comment is made the best thing to say is that it's a matter of personal taste and grooming habits, very hard for anyone to come back on that.

Hair begins to regrow immediately, but is most likely not noticeable for 2 to 3 weeks or so.

cindy777
12-28-2011, 08:58 PM
A few summers ago I told my wife and two daughters that I was sick and tired of putting sunscreen on my legs especially when they were hairy. Besides using a ton of sunscreen on my legs, it did not feel too nice either. Basically I just wanted to shave my legs and this concept was easily accepted by my family. I also bicycle quite a bit and the vast majority of serious cyclists shave their legs.

My only advise is when you shave your legs in the summer make sure to keep shaving them once a week or every few days as it does not look too natural if they are not clean shaven. Also coach girls and women soccer in the summer but not too much of my leg is under the microscope as we were long socks and shorts. It takes a bit more than a month for the hair on my leg to grow back to look natural. Just a few thoughts. Good luck.

Cindy

JLynn17
12-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I bet once ya shave em ya wont even worry about them growing back sooo much more comfortable to be shaved...

Stefanie_in_Mt
12-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time about a month ago, It felt kinda weird at first, but the feel of smooth legs are to die for. there are alot of men that go hairless anymore, I don't think you have that much to worry about no one really would put shaved legs and cding together

missyapril
12-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I had the same anxiety when i first started to shave. No one has ever said anything about it and its not like you cant go back. It takes about a month for my legs to grow back if i let them. After keeping them smooth for a year now, there's no going back, it makes skirts, dresses and hose a whole new experience.

Gillian Gigs
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
I also have resently started shaving the legs regularly. I am prone to think that if someone saw your shaved legs, and thought CD'er it is because they are a CD'er also. I also trim down all of the rest of the body hair also to get the near hairless look. I have taken to noticing legs, some are hairy, and some are not. Who or what is to say that yours are in the not hairy category. This issue is just like clothes shopping, most individuals don't care, and are not in the least bit interested in you, or what you are doing.

Leeiah
12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I want to shave my legs when I actually go out of the house, which I plan to do so soon. Just waiting on the right moment plus I need to get a really cute dress thats also a factor. ^^

sammysaenz
12-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi shy girl. I just started to shave my legs as well. It makes all the difference when crossdressing or just wearing some nylons. Just say you were shaving abd messed up. So u had to shave everything. Then from there...just mention you like your legs clean shaved. They are more attractive. Good luck

Kelly767
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I have been shaving mine for years. I live in NC and wear shorts and flip flops til January with shaved legs. I think maybe one female has said something about it in the last few years(and I got the impression she was digging them shaved).

Vanessa5
12-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I have been lucky enough to have a chemical at work that takes my leg hair off. Not completely but enough to slow the growth and sometimes remove the folicles. My wife keeps saying that I am shaving but the alergic reaction to the chem (even with proper wear and sometimes the rubber boots make it worse) just makes the hair fall out. I even got a special ointment from my doc and that doesn't help.

Billie Jean
12-28-2011, 11:34 PM
No one has ever asked about my shaved legs nor any other part of my body. I have been in the hospital and had stubble and no statements about anything even at the facility where I work. I show off my tattoos all the time also. Billie Jean

PretzelGirl
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
2. Do smooth legs automatically infer crossdressing to Joe Public?

This leads to where a lot of us tend to get too paranoid. I have read many posts where someone thinks that a friend will notice "X" and think they are a crossdresser. How many people actually know a crossdresser (meaning they know the person is a crossdresser)? It just isn't a natural thing for people to jump to.

Karren H
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I've had bare legs and arms and entire body for years.... And no one has said a thing. Not even the 12 hairy guys I have played hockey with for 10 years.. Quite a contrast with totally hairless, large breasted me standing next to a saquach in the locker room or the showers! Lol. Nobody cares! Except you!

Nichola
12-29-2011, 11:26 AM
A lot of non crossdressing guys remove their body hair these days anyway. I work with a bunch of guys in industry & was more worried about them seeing my arms when I first started removing body hair, but nobody even noticed. If I ever get asked about my legs or chest in the locker room I'll just say I prefer them that way & won't make a big deal.
I think overly thin eyebrows would be more of an obvious crossdresser giveaway so I tend to keep mine so they look ok in girl or boy mode.
For hair to grow back fully, I'd expect 6 weeks but that depends on the individual.

Kaz
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
I've also been shaving for years! In the early stages I grew the hair back for summer, but then I was in France at an outside bar with colleagues and the waiter guy had shorts on and shaved legs. One of our group noticed and made a deal about it but no-one else was interested. I have had hairless legs ever since! It is not a big deal at all! Just be positive and say you prefer it that way! By the way CDing was not brought up although cycling was mentioned!

kymmieLorain
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
I think most of us who shave have thought the same thing. And most still shave. I did myself and never had a comment. it has been since 02 when I completely shave my legs.

Kymmie

steffanie
12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I think most people don't care or even look at guys legs. I have played golf on numerous occasions after I had just shaved. I have played with butch-type guys, older ladies, younger ladies and the like and no one ever made any comments. The first time I did it I was so nervous and could not concentrate. The fact of it is no one cared on iota.

Steffi

Launa
12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I started a couple months ago and everything is great. I don't care what the public thinks, I just don't want to have the kids ask me right now then I have to say some dishonest excuse.

Dana7
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
When I shave I give myself about three weeks to a month in order to regrow. My leg hair grows pretty quickly, but I don't want to be seen with leg stubble; it's better to be totally bare than have short stubble. When I dress fully for Halloween, I usually shave my arms a bit too so they don't look too hairy compared to the bare legs.

If I shave during the winter, I usually start regrowing around March or April so that I have decent guy legs for warm weather shorts season in the spring and summer.

When going out to the gym, I notice that a lot of guys have very little leg hair. It really varies a lot. For instance, around here we have a lot of Native Americans. They all have very little body hair. Nobody even notices.

Why don't you try seeing for yourself how long it takes to regrow? Just keep track of when you last shaved.

tamara
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I live in Miami, and when I go to the beach it is surprising to see how many man have no hairs in their legs. I would say than more than half. I know it is Miami, but it is becoming more and more common not to have anyhairs. you can also go to a gym, and look at the guys that are working out. Most of them shave just to show off their muscles, or their tatoos. So do not worry about it...
And it feels sooo good to have no hairs in the legs or any other part of the body......

Diana Bain
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Shaving your legs makes them look great. In the grand scheme of things nobody cares...honestly when was the last time you looked to see if a mans legs were shaved? Do it and enjoy!

minalost
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Shaved my legs (epilated actually) all last summer and no one said a single word.

Tbirdgal
12-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Uh has anyone told you professional swimmers shave most of their body hair ? I guess not . Hey , if they're checkin yer body hair that darn close , then they want yer body !

sweetjan
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I asked something close to this. I was afraid my family or friends would know, or say something. After getting advice from here I shaved them. Not ONE person said a thing. I did not have to explain anything. If someone would of asked I was going to say I like them shaved.I keep my legs shaved year round now and have no worries.:hugs:

herwannabe
12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I shave everyday and wax about once a month from shoulders down or tweezers and pull them little suckers out and have since divorce in o5 and wouldnt have it any other way the first time waxing smarts a bit but after that it is a piece of cake and soooo nice :battingeyelashes: after the hair is pulled out or waxed, when it does come back it is a whole lot softer. As far as someone noticing no one has ever said anything but then I dont wear shorts or a bathing suit except my Bikini when I work on my tan line :heehee:

chloe cute
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
I've been shaving for two years and I love it. I used to think the same thing but to think again, I don't care what people say. It is my body and I can do whatever I want. When I go running I, my running short is really short and my friendasked me if I shave my legs I said yes I did. He said why. And I tild him it is the same reason I shaved my beard, because I don't like it. Period. And he never asked me anymore.

LoriFlores
12-29-2011, 11:32 PM
I used to shave my legs but the hair grows back very quickly and your legs become like sandpaper too quickly. I have since had laser hair removal and am very satisfied with the results. I ride a bicycle so shaved legs are not completely unusual but most importantly this is me and the way I like my legs to look.

Krystyna_Marie
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I am shaving my legs now for three years, I usually let them grow in during shorts/summer season, but I'm back at it late autumn, and nothing feels better to me than a nice close shave with unscented lotion once out of the shower. I don't mind fragrance, particularly, but I can't be all lavendar-y around the office (wish I could!). Once you start shaving you'll note that not all your hair grows in the same direction, and different parts of your legs require different angles/approaches with a safety/disposable razor. I have taken to using a scrubbing puff with soap on the backs of my legs in the shower to keep the skin clear and to lessen the chance of an ingrown hair. Hmm . . . it's a lot of work to be me!

Kisses!

KM

JoanAz
12-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Living in lake Havasu Az 9 months of the year it's shorts and i wear Short Shorts, NO ONE has said a word.
besides it my legs and I can do them what I want, beats the heck out of a woman with Hairy legs & Arm Pits....
(((HUGGS)))

betty1253
12-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Just do it! Don't worry about it, their you legs. I work in a mill, change every day in a locker room. No one notices. I go to the YMCA. No one notices.
Life is too short. Have fun while your here.
Betty

mrsklm
12-30-2011, 11:21 AM
I started shaving my body about five years ago my wife never said a word until i got really sick and went into the hospital .After getting home she made said that she thought i lost my hair due to my illness .I should have let her go on thinking that but told her i shaved the hair of my self .Mainly because i lifted weights before we got married and told her most body builders shave their bodies so they looked smooth for competition and i always loved the look so i started shaving again She bought that and now i shave all the time.

Katrina

Jenniferathome
12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I have shaved for 2 plus years and probably only one or two people have asked if I shaved and never "why". I am prepared to tell anyone who does ask that I prefer it. I think the vast majority of people slimy do not care to even ask because they don't care about the answer. I also believe that no one will connect leg shaving with cross dressing

teri222
12-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I agree with Jennifer completely. I have been shaving my legs year 'round
for over ten years and the few that did notice made little comment.

mandi-panda
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I started shaving my legs this past summer. I'm in the military and no one really noticed or cared... When a few did ask I had two responses. For guys I would say try it, you'll find it is freaking comfortable. And for females I would challenge them to not shave for a month and see how it feels.

I haven't had any other issues or run-ins about it so I think people in general really don't care.

Now the act of shaving it self... man I can write a huge post on that but basically the first time I shaved my legs this was my reaction:

http://www.gikubu.net/Raisins_Face.jpg

The razor bumps were awful... Still trying to figure those out, but that'll be saved for another post.

KaTanya
12-31-2011, 12:05 PM
... Hey , if they're checkin yer body hair that darn close , then they want yer body !or at least they like what they see...

I think going out in your best outfit might tip them off, but clean legs, no. There are so many reasons for hairless legs that most people won't notice. The best cure is to start swimming. Not only will you have a "good reason" to shave, but it'll give you nice legs to boot.