PDA

View Full Version : A girl's night in

darci.c
12-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, I guess this is me just shining a beacon of light out there, wondering if any of you do the same.

The holidays are a special time for me... a time to reflect and remember family and friends

...and to also light some candles, draw a bath, put music on, drink some wine, shave my legs, and put on something eminently comfortable, sexy, and feminine.

Sometimes the online movie stores or movie rental places are a godsend. I have a subscription to one which lets me watch TV shows on my computer. I have it connected to my TV, so it seems like the real experience.

Risking sounding cliche, gay, or whatever, (yes, I know this should make even girls and gays puke) but I spent the night watching episodes of Will & Grace, Buffy, Angel, and Vampire Diaries. Smoked a little. Ate a couple of little items which some call vegetables, some call illegal, but look like the male phallus. I cried a little bit. All in all, it was a wonderful, magical, cathartic, healing night.

It's just so relaxing, and feels good.

Anyone else have episodes like this?

Leeiah
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with that hun, how is vampire diaries herd so many nice things about it.

darci.c
12-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Well like everything in the genre of sappy, overdone, clichéd, supernatural dramas... you hate it and love it at the same time.

richelle1
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Darci call me i would love to join you on a night like that . Sounds like a lot of fun. Im jealous. Xoxo richelle

darci.c
12-28-2011, 11:55 PM
richelle, if you're buying the plane ticket, i'd love to have a night with you in london. 'til then, i live on the poor side of the railroad tracks in the states!

Allisa
12-29-2011, 12:03 AM
A hot bath with bubbes and scented oils,some Mozart or "Babs",a glass of juice(I prefer cranberry)and a facial scrub and mask.Then to some sheer lingerie with the girls attached sit at the dressing table and tend to my nails brush my hair,moisturize most everything,than maybe read and write an entry into my diary,yes I have a diary;as school girl as that may seem.I don't know if I would call itan episode as it happens more and more often.

Cynthia Anne
12-29-2011, 01:17 AM
To each there own!
BTW Call me if you want some company! Hugs!

kimdl93
12-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Vegetables are good for you, aren't they? Sounds like a lovely way to spend a holiday. We have family over through the holidays, so my SO and I haven't really had the chance to unwind. Perhaps after the new year.

Barbara Ella
12-29-2011, 03:43 PM
That sounds like a perfect night in Darcy. Wife is accepting, but might not like me having that much fun without her, and i doubt she is that accepting, but might be worth a try. I know she would not get in the tub with me...lol.

Happy New Year

Babes

KatieV
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
What a lovely evening, even with the few tears. Sounds perfect to me, introvert that i am, you've given me the inspiration!