PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate me?

sammysaenz
12-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi ladies.

My wife brought up about me going out doors as sammy. She says I could pass as a girl. I wanted to get more feedback. If you take a look at my avatar and profile pics. How would you rate me? From 1-5. 1 being really bad and 5 passing off as a beautiful woman. Please be nice.

Love Sammy

Joan21
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
ill say a 3 maybe 4 my computer is junk so i cant tell in pics but they look great if i was u i wouldnt worry youll pass!!

Launa
12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Go out, you'll do fine. You will pass!

DonnaT
12-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Have your wife take a better picture, and post it in the Gallery (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?24-The-Picture-and-Video-Gallery)

I suggest you believe in your wife's opinion, however.

Tbirdgal
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I think you'll do fine . Watch you're posture and you're manerisms . The rest will come as you progress .

Marleena
12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry, I will not ever rate others. Based on what I see you'll be fine. Just remember the feminine walk/talk/mannerisms are needed as well.

Kathi Lake
12-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I guess the bigger question would be why you feel the need to be rated. Do you want to go out? Go. Does your wife want you to go out? Go. Does it matter how you look? No.

I'm sure your wife is very concerned for not only your safety, but your happiness as well. As others have said, trust your wife (good advice anytime, actually :))

:)

Kathi

suzy1
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Your avatar and profile pictures look really good Sammy but you will have to let us see some better pictures to give you a true opinion.

SUZY

sammysaenz
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Thank you ladies so far. I kinda want to experience goin out. Just wanna look right.

Karren H
12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sure everyone thinks your pics look beautiful... But photos don't tell the story. Its 95% attitude and 5% looks. Imho. You can look 100% like a woman but you project the wrong attitude and every eye in the mall will swing your way! Plus passing is so over rated! So make a pass through your crowded local mall and let us know how it went!

Julogden
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
It's pretty much impossible to tell how passable you are from those shots, and even with better shots, we can't tell how you move and your mannerisms, both of which are important for passing. But you do look cute, from what I can see.

Most CD's don't pass 100% for female, but in most places, we're tolerated when someone figures out we're male. Since your wife is going with and encouraging, I wouldn't worry, trust her judgement. She sees you up close and in person, that's way better for judging passibility than posting photos in a forum. Photos will get your ego stroked, but that's not necessarily a good thing if you're trying to get an honest appraisal of whether you can pass or not.

Edit: And like Karren said, attitude is really important, totally agree with that. Don't slink around, act as if you have every right to be doing what you're doing. If you act like you're ashamed , people will pick up on that and respond accordingly.

Have fun!
Carol

kimdl93
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM
my rating doesn't mean a thing. Your wife sees you in 3D and real time from all perspectives. She's the only one able to judge this. If she's comfortable with how you look, then you can be too.

JessicaM1985
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Well your wife knows you far better than we do, so I would trust her judgment.

That said, your photos look passable; Id say 3-4ish. I would be able to tell, but only because I have a good "transdar" and know what to look for, so thats why.

In the end, dont worry about. Go out and have fun with your wife. Go shopping and do other fun things with her en femme. That matters more than whether you pass or not.

Barbara Ella
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Not here to rate people, just accept them and help them improve what they want to improve. Your pics are lovely. The point made here is your attitude and mannerisms will carry the day. Trust your wife, take a deep breath, check the makeup one last time, and then throw the door open. Once open, it will never close from what I have read here.

Babes

Badtranny
12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Sammy,
The pics are cute, but they don't really show what you actually look like. My avatar pic is a good example of a good angle, and good lighting and a lucky snap of the webcam. That is actually me with no makeup but I am NOT that pretty in real life. Not even close and I've been on HRT for 16 months!

I'm sure they exist, but I have never seen a CD "pass" as a natal woman up close. There's Niya, but she is NOT a CD no matter what she says. ;-)

I have however seen many beautiful CD's pass AS women and blend in. Sure they get noticed but they're so relaxed and chatty that nobody cares. I am pleased at some of the honest responses on your thread. I think that the CD's should be supportive of each other, but true support requires honesty.

You DO take great pics though. ;-)

Amanda Ellis
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I've only been out to fetish parties dressed, but from my experience and other girls I've met at these events passing has a lot to do with attitude. Technically you probably won't pass on close inspection (not that you aren't pretty, you are) but if you carry yourself like a confident woman who belongs wherever it is you are then people just tend to accept what you're presenting.

suchacutie
12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Let's start with what everyone says so far, and then add that if passing is important to you, then your looks are a small fraction of what is needed. (btw, I do detect some beard shadow on that upper lip, so a bit more understanding of makeup could be needed).

Completing the picture of passing as a women requires voice, language use, facial expressions, body language, and the confidence that you are who you are. Your wife is your best resource in all of this, but she may be looking at you with rose-colored glasses somewhat. Ask her to be critical of you in all the areas I mentioned above, and spend a little time with your wife at the mall (in drab) critiquing other women.

On the other hand, if all you want to do is head out looking like a woman and don't care to be clocked...go for it. That's the other end of the confidence part.

It really comes down to what you want out of this!

Have fun and good luck!

tina

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm with Karren, passing is 95% attitude, you look good enough but do you have the rest??? No rating from me, you don't need it. Just go out and enjoy it, if I were your age and had your situation I would go full time enfemme because that is what would "rock my world" but I am not so my world rocks in a different way.

Dana7
12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Your avatar and profile pictures look really good Sammy but you will have to let us see some better pictures to give you a true opinion.
SUZY

I agree with Suzy; it's kind of hard to tell based on the pictures you've displayed. But I have to say that your wife must be pretty incredible to have brought you so far this quickly. From what I see so far it's pretty nice.

my rating doesn't mean a thing. Your wife sees you in 3D and real time from all perspectives. She's the only one able to judge this. If she's comfortable with how you look, then you can be too.

I think Kim is right--if your wife is satisfied with your look, then go for it!

Miranda09
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Sammy. I'm going to echo what everyone else has said....you look really great and will have no problems passing. Just remember to walk with confidence but don't oversell it, AND have fun! :)

Barbra P
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi Sammy

It’s really hard to tell much from the photos and even harder to get a really good photo unless you are an advanced amateur or professional photographer, even a really good makeup job can look rather bad unless the photographer has a good grasp of lighting.

As far as being “passable” I’m not sure that many of us are ever completely passable, that is a difficult thing to pull off. At a recent monthly meeting a couple of girls showed up to hear a guest speaker and they looked terrific when they walked in. Great clothes, stiletto platform heels, great makeup, nice jewelry, great hair – I’m assuming very expensive wigs – but they didn’t fool anyone for very long. Their movements weren’t feminine and while the timber (pitch) of their voices was probably OK they didn’t talk like women. I’m just a bit older than many here, at 68, and I’ve thought for a long time that looks are often over empathized. Speaking correctly is difficult to learn and it isn’t so much the fact that your voice may be deep, many women have deep voices, but women speak differently, they have a different lilt to their voice.

Go sit at a mall and watch the women walk by. Most of the women around here (Southern California, San Diego) don’t dress all that well to go to the mall. I see a lot of sweats, jeans, shorts, baggy Tees, fleece, flip-flops and old athletic shoes, minimal makeup, and hard to believe how many are having a bad-hair day. Yet you instantly know they are women from the way they carry themselves, the way they walk, there is a certain poise about them that tells you they are women. Sit and watch, watch how women walk, how they sit and they stand back up, stand when they are talking to another woman, carry their purse, etc. Go out to the parking lot and watch how they get in and out of cars. If you plan to wear dresses or skirts, and many of us prefer dresses and skirts, take special note of how a woman gets in and out of a car when wearing a skirt.

It was pointed out to me that the Men’s Room is not a social place, men don’t talk to strangers in the men’s room very much, maybe a nod of the head, but women are quite social in the women’s room. Having used the women’s room on several occasions when I was out en femme I was somewhat surprised to find that statement true. Women smile and say Hi and may complement others, such as I really like that blouse to other women, and there are conversations going on between stalls.

Going out can be addicting. The first few times are rather scary, but it gets easier and it can be kind of exhilarating. You’ll learn that the world is different from a woman’s perspective and it will take some adapting on your part. As you become more comfortable en femme your confidence will go up and I suspect you’ll really enjoy being out and about as a woman. Another thing to consider is that you will have much better luck “passing” if you dress like the other women dress – don’t over dress, it attracts attention. The goal should be to blend in to the extent that nobody pays you much attention.

Leslie Langford
12-29-2011, 05:07 PM
If ever there was an example of looks being 5% and attitude being 95% as many of the ladies here have pointed out, then that would be Sarah Jessica Parker...

...'nuff said... :doh: :sad:

Jill Devine
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Besides attitude and good genes, a good pair of jeans will help! Most CDs over dress and attract attention with very high heels and very short skirts. If you really want to pass then dressing modestly will help: ladies jeans, flats, sweater and limited make up.

Fact is that most of us (me included) have the dress sense of a teenage girl. But we don't have the body or looks of a teenage girl to pull it off.

ashlylynn
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
My roommate could pass as a female IN STILL PHOTOS but it has taken us about 8 months
to get him to understand how to walk, stand, posture, gesture like a female.

I could see he was doing things wrong and he did not know it, but I did not know how to
explain "why" it was wrong because I did not myself know enough about the differences
between male and female body mechanics.

Little things like even the way he smoked and drank from a bottle were dead-givaways but we did find
a gulde online that connected the dots for both of us. I'll send it to the op if he PMs me an email address
after VIDEOTAPING HIMSELF WALKING AND STANDING and takes a look at it himself to see if he passes'
"for himself".

Barbra P
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM
If ever there was an example of looks being 5% and attitude being 95% as many of the ladies here have pointed out, then that would be Sarah Jessica Parker...

...'nuff said... :doh: :sad:

Well this month that wasn’t entirely true as she showed up for the Christmas Dinner in a very nice dress and she’d had her hair done, she was also wearing a bit more makeup, although not all that much, than what I have observed in the past. She looked really nice. I have a theory that Sara can go everywhere she does with such ease is because she dresses down rather than up – she doesn’t attract a lot of attention and therefore she gets only a cursory glance from most people. But it should be noted that her long hair is her own and she has been out enough so she feels comfortable, and I suspect that she doesn’t give a hoot about what others around her are thinking – she is confident being Sara.

S. Lisa Smith
12-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I guess the bigger question would be why you feel the need to be rated. Do you want to go out? Go. Does your wife want you to go out? Go. Does it matter how you look? No.

I'm sure your wife is very concerned for not only your safety, but your happiness as well. As others have said, trust your wife (good advice anytime, actually :))

Kathi There'a your answer. If your wife thinks you look OK, the opinion of someone who has seen you in person is 1000 times better than the opinion of someone who has only seen a picture.

Jonianne
12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
If someone keeps a pleasant attitude and interacts with others with a smile, even if you don't pass (I don't), people tend to give you a 'pass'.

Brittany CD
12-29-2011, 08:00 PM
I think it's too difficult to tell from your avatar and profile picture. If you feel comfortable posting in the pictures gallery, that may help in determining how well you pass. Judging from your avatar, I'd say you're a 4 but you're profile pick kind of makes me think of 3 or 3 and a half

stacycoral
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Kathi

Sammy. I'm going to echo what everyone else has said....you look really great and will have no problems passing. Just remember to walk with confidence but don't oversell it, AND have fun!

my girlfriends have given you great advise, have a fun outting.

Vanessa Storrs
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
You appear to be at least a ten or maybe even an eleven on my tiny screen smart phone. It is fun going out no matter how passable you are. Hold your head up pull your shoulders back and you will show the world that you are a self assured, confident person. And holding your shoulders back and you head high makes your boobs look better.

naye
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
You are a really cute girl, I am sure that you will pass, just go out and have a great time!!!

Aprilrain
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
You will not pass! Passing is the pretty lie that 99% of CDers and even most TSes like to tell themselves! Your goal should be to be presentable, dress for the occasion, if you're going to a club by all means wear those 6" stiletto heals if you really feel like torturing yourself! Since you're new to going out i would suggest blending in, the less attention you draw to yourself the easier it will be for YOU at first. Most people don't care or are polite enough to keep their mouths shut. Go out have fun you'll do fine!

Badtranny
12-30-2011, 10:05 AM
You will not pass! Passing is the pretty lie that 99% of CDers and even most TSes like to tell themselves!

...and there it is. It's a hard lesson that I wish I never learned.

jillleanne
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
How you look to us has nothing to do with your going out in public. One does not go out in public with the intent of fooling the masses but rather, because it feels right to the gender self. You could look like everyone's dream girl but if you sound like a bass singer for Sha Na Na and walk like Boss Hogg, I really doubt what you look like will mean much.

sweetvictoria
12-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Go out and have fun. Whether you fully pass or not does not matter. Most people will not even notice and those that do will not likely say anything. However, stay safe. I do not suggest going someplace where narrow minded people may cause you problems.

susie evans
12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
go out and have fun life is too short to worry about the small things

susie

Cheryl T
12-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Passing is in the mind.
If you look reasonable, dress appropriate for the venue and your age and hold your head up like you belong where you are then you will be fine.
People don't always scrutinize us the way we believe they will, but we certainly make up for that internally.

Confidence is the greatest part of passing.

AmandaM
12-31-2011, 03:01 AM
You're at least a 3. This means you don't look like a linebacker in a dress. You could be a 4 with the right attitude. I don't think any of us are 5's except high stealth TS's.

cindybabe
12-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Go with what your wife says,after all she knows best.Now be brave and step out and have an amazing experience and then tell us all about it:):):thumbsup:

sometimes_miss
12-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Please be nice.
Do you want nice, or do you want the truth? Remember, most people will tell you what you want to hear when you ask if you look good. No one wants to offend someone they see as a nice person. I know, try posting your pic over at 'hot or not''s website as a girl. Then you'll get honest opinions.
Here's the link. Good luck! http://hotornot.com/

Marcia Sue
12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Take your wife's advice.

Jenny Doolittle
12-31-2011, 10:47 AM
You look fine as far as passing, but I will also remind you that confidence is what really matters when it is a matter of passing in public.

Enjoy your day out with your wife, you will do fine!

"Mary"
12-31-2011, 10:49 AM
So much good advice here. I don't have much to add except - GO FOR IT! Dress & Drive , and do a few errands. Don't try to "wow" folks as beautiful. Just try to blend in as somewhat attractive, and make a good overall presentation. My experience is if you do this folks will accept you as an attractive "whatever you are" even if you are made. Good luck. I so much fun on my little mundane grocery, gas, post office, etc drives. It's extra great that your wife wants to do this with you. LUCKY DUCK! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more of you.