PDA

View Full Version : can you sharpen a lipstick?

ronna
10-25-2005, 08:28 PM
My favorite lipstick has gotten all rounded at the end and is now very difficult to apply neatly. Can you sharpen them off at the end with a knife or something so that they have the nice contours they originally had? I hate to throw it away, I do love my lipstick so.

Honey GG
10-25-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't think you can actually 'sharpen' a lipstick. But try this- put the lipstick tube in the fridge for a couple hours to harden up the wax in it. Then take a nice sharp knife and cut off the end at an angle to get your 'sharp' point again.
The other choice is use a lip brush and put it on that way, also good when it gets to the bottom of the tube there is quite abit of lipstick in the bottom when you cant roll it up any more, I want to get every bit of my fav kind outof the tube before I have to buy some more.

Honey

MaxineF
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
I have to agree, I am a lip pencil and brush girl. That way I seem to have more control on where it goes (that is until I have to hand out kisses).

Maxine

Andrea's Lynne
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
After recently trying a brush, I have to say I think it is the way to go. Very good control and smooth application!

Lynne

ronna
10-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Thank you, Ladies, I trust in your advice.
I have never tried a pencil or brush, I will have to look into that.
At $8.50 a pop, I don't want to waste the good stuff.
It is so frustrating but fun all at the same time!