PDA

View Full Version : I scraped and cut my shin

Ria
12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
So I was fooling around climbing a tree while at the park. My foot slipped and I raked my shin over rough frozen tree bark. It left me with a nice big scrape on the front of my leg. I should have been more carrefu! what an idiot....

Now I have little motivation to CD. My leg looks terrible! lol... I can't shave them very well and when I do it doesn't look nice at all. My legs are one of the few things I have that look like they belong to a women...

Funny how getting hurt can change one's behaviour hey.

oh well, another week and my leg will heal up... then I'll heel up

Renee W
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
That's what they made tights or black pantyhose for.

Barbara Ella
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Like Renee said. Where there is a will, there is a way. I bet you still have the will if you are shown the way... Its amazing how the legs are a focal point....Well not really when I remember back looking at all those stilettos and seamed stockings on all the women, and didn't realize why the attraction. If only I knew then what I know now.

Happy New Year

Babes

Piora
12-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Ria, I also feel that legs are very important in CDing, and I feel that mine are my best asset. When I started to shave my legs, the first time I did, I scraped an area that bled rather badly and left a rather unsightly scab. It did rather curb my enthusiasm for dressing for a while, but I bought some microfiber tights and wore those while it healed. Worked for me.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Hang in there. I've aquired plenty of nasty scars, scrapes, and cuts on my legs, face, and other body parts over the years. They will heel, kind of look at is having a sports injury and you have to learn how to perform using the injured body part differently.

carnut62
12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Leggings to the rescue ;)

I banged my shin yesterday and my first thought was I hope it doesn't bruise.

Launa
12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Well its time to put on a pair of slacks. I've never liked them but I now have a pair and I don't mind them. They go well with a pair of 3" heels. BTW - be careful climbing around Grouse, Seymour or Cypress

Jilmac
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
My legs are rough and scarred from too many years working in the building trades but with the right shade of pantyhose I can keep my ugly gams hidden.

Annie D
12-30-2011, 06:39 PM
My advice is lots of Aquafore, vaseline and aloe vera, that way your scrap will stay soft while it heals and try your best not to scratch it in a couple of days. Trust me, no srapes from climbing trees but plenty of muffler burns from riding a motorcycle in shorts.

Another reason to wear skirts and dresses is that it keeps you from climbing trees!

Cynthia Anne
12-30-2011, 09:56 PM
I dsagree with you! I don't think your legs are the only thing you have that looks like it belongs to a woman! Whatn about your way of thinking!! A little scrap and now my legs are ugly! Sounds a lil' girly to me!:heehee: Hugs!:hugs:

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi Ria, Once every thtng gets back to normal if you have a scar
rub Coca Butter on the scarand it will almost disapear.

Orchid

Jorja
12-30-2011, 10:58 PM
You could just go on about your marry way and not worry about it at all. If anyone says anything about it, wait until no one is looking and poke the offender in the eye, then say, what? You must have something in your eye there is nothing wrong with my shin. :)

DonnaT
12-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Good luck with the healing/heeling.
I know how you feel.
I'm at an age (or is it medical/diabeties) where cuts tend to scar. I was running with the dog, and she ran under my feet, sending me rolling and scraping my left knee. Now I've a red scar there and it's still healing. That was three months ago.

Ria
12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
A couple of years a ago I had a cycling accident that left me with a nasty "road rash".

If you're a cyclist and a crossdresser, you know how careful you have to be... No, not becuase a car can hit you and kill you- becauase your legs could hit the pavement and look terrible for months... =P

"Mary"
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Good luck with the healing/heeling.
I know how you feel.
I'm at an age (or is it medical/diabeties) where cuts tend to scar. I was running with the dog, and she ran under my feet, sending me rolling and scraping my left knee. Now I've a red scar there and it's still healing. That was three months ago.

I agree. I tripped running nearly a month ago, and the dark ugly scab finally sloughed off, leaving an off-colored crusty pink area. Not terrible any longer, but Donna is so right about things healing slower and scarring as you get older.

Annie D
12-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey girls! What is the name of that stuff they advertise on tv that is supposed to cover varicose veins? It is some type of cream/concealer. Anybody tried that stuff, I could use some for my arms and face in addition to my legs....LOL!

KaTanya
12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Have an 80's night with big hair and some leg warmers... :)

Jonianne
12-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Be sure to use an ointment like Neo****** to keep infection away. I hit the bottom of a pool with my nose once scraped it pretty bad. I was so worried I would always be ugly there. (Turns out I was right :heehee: )