PDA

View Full Version : The feeling of hair.

Brynna M
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm sure this has been posted before... but I love the feeling of hair around my face and shoulders when I'm wearing a wig.

Its soft and feels like a little tickle of feather brushing by you. I especially love it over one shoulder. I wonder what it would be like with real hair. (baldness no longer allows me to even home to try long hair.)

Wanted to share and maybe see how others feel about it.

debbeelee1
12-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Yep, I feel the same way about long wigs! I had really long hair in my hippy-dippy days, but I'm pretty bald now. My SO says she loves running her fingers through my hair when I let it grow out to a whopping 1/4"!

Long, dangly earrings and long hair is a great combination!

Kaz
12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
I started losing mine when I was 18... a tragedy as I was growing it at the same time! Got to half way down my back by the end of Uni. The tragedy is I can't really remember what it felt like... so yeah... I love the wigs and love long haired ones. Sadly I think shorter hair suits Kaz better!

Launa
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I love hair too. I had real long hair in my 20's and used to get a lot of things done with it such as backcombing and roller sets. Then I started to loose it. The last femme style I had was long and curly on top and short on the back and sides. It was the super womans wedge cut. Now its a 1/4" all over and sucks. Thank goodness for the wigs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia Anne
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
LOVE IT! I don't mind one bit clearing it from my eyes on a windy day! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I blame GGs for my baldness, the stress of two daughters, a wife and all female dogs caused it. And here I am now..

Next week is makeup and wig purchasing. Feel short suits my age right now, but will have to get a long one just to feel it and to have what every girl wants blowing in the breeze, getting in the face to be flipped away repeatedly, etc. So many things to do with it.

Babes

Barbra P
12-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Due in main part to my age I too feel that short hair works best for me and I wear mine in a Bob, but I love the feel of the hair brushing against my cheek and caressing my neck. I'm always amazed that hours after I have changed and removed the wig I can still feel the hair.

JoanAz
12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Having spent the better part of the last 50 or my 72 years "Driving Aeroplanes through the sky" with short hair I thank "GODess" for the long hair i have now. my hair is my own. From the crown of my head the hair is 11 inches long, 2 fists and 3 fingers.
You are right about the feeling of brushing your shoulders and back, Love it..
((((HUGGS)))))

ColleenCD
12-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I do love the feel of locks dangling around my neck and shoulders, the feel of brushing it back from my face, and the look of pretty hair framing my face. It makes me feel so pretty!

Colleen

pattysues
12-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Mine is still growing longer. Right now it's about 1 to 2 inches past the arm pits. Straight cut bangs. My wife ,daughter and myself were shopping and walked up to the check out. The cashier says hello ladies, it took her a few moments to realize the was not correct. Kind of funny tho...

Starr
12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
As i have stated on here before my hair has been growing for almost 4 years.. some where between 3 and 4 anyway.. it is down to the bottom of my shoulder blades when i let it down... it hangs in my face which is nice but i am still getting use to it.. i normally wear it in a pony tail in boy mode and i have dyed it red.. it was getting grey.. i have green eye... my photo here is a wig but my real hair is that long or a little longer.. my biggest problem is i have a high forehead.. i got to talk to a stylist in the near future and see how it can be cut so i can wear my pony tail and when in girl mode.. not have my high forehead to be a problem.. may take some kind of bangs.. just not sure how they would work when i put it in a pony tail.. might be a little to girly.. but for the most part i wouldn't care.. i am getting more open to the fact that i love being a girl..

starr

Danni Renee
12-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I love the feel of my wig on back. It is wonderful. And an equally great feeling was my first time outside. The wind through my hair was indescribable! Although I started going grey at 22, I do not have the hair loss gene and once I retire I will not get it cut for a year!

Danni

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2011, 10:28 PM
I know the feeling it's great it makes me feel so feminine.

Orchid

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I love the feel of my wig on back. It is wonderful. And an equally great feeling was my first time outside. The wind through my hair was indescribable! Although I started going grey at 22, I do not have the hair loss gene and once I retire I will not get it cut for a year!

Danni

Hi Danni, Your lucky I started to turn gray at 7, At 69 I would have a full
head of gray hair if I didn't keep dying it light blonde.

Orchid

RenneB
12-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Finally was able to let the real hair grow out. Got to the point what I had to tuck it behind my ear. Over the holidays I would get comments 'bout the hair and someone said, you look like a girl... wow that felt great. However, in the job market, I need to make a great first impression and off it went this week. Boo hoo.

So yes, love the long hair and can't wait to have a job to let it regrow out again.. Then again, when I'm in Renne mode, what started out as "darn I'd love the long blonde wig" has turned out to be more of a "I think I'll try to blend in" with a shorter style.. Still longer than my own.... for now...

Renne.....

paula123
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
I love the feal of a long wig. wish i could grow mine out and have itstyled in a sexey style

rebecca34
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm not too far from 40, and still blessed with my own, slightly wavy, blonde hair. Having seen most of my friends lose theirs over the last 15 years, I know how lucky I am. It's not had more than a tidy-up for 16 years and is about 1/3 of the way down my back.

Swishing it about is lovely, and I can sit and twiddle it round my fingers, just like proper girls do! Occasionally I have been mistaken for a girl in public and it's always good fun.

A bloke trod on my foot in a pub a few years back, patted me on the back and said 'sorry love' - I just turned and winked at him :) It made my day.

xx Becca xx

KaTanya
12-31-2011, 08:54 AM
You should know that long hair takes a little more effort and time to take care of it. Washing, conditioning, even a simple brush-and-ponytail style can take a few minutes to get right.

Do be careful about the amount of chemicals you put on your hair. Many treatments will damage your hair , especially over time. Whenever possible, have a professional perform such treatments. I did a home coloring all wrong once and ended up with a buzz cut and a couple weeks of scalp irritation. Another $20 (+tip) would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

One last thing... there are a lot of clip-in extensions out there that work really nicely to add a bit of volume to your real hair, and the color matching is pretty good.

PretzelGirl
12-31-2011, 10:31 AM
The feel of the long hair has been part of why I have kept mine that way. But I am at the drawing board on making a device to keep hair from sticking to my lips. I'll let everyone know when I have my patent.

suchacutie
12-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok, it's true that the longish hair does add a lot, but it's not just the feel. Having to deal with that hair forces the development of a lot of feminine mannerisms almost automatically (my wife actually giggled when she first noticed how naturally those mannerisms arrived!). Then there is keeping your hair out of your food!!!

So, hair that touches your face not only feels good but it quickly leads to some changes that are just terrific. After all, as guys we never threw our heads to the side to get our hair out of our eyes! :)

tina

Samantha W
12-31-2011, 10:45 AM
My Chrisrmas present to my self was new wig. I love it. I started to lose my hair in the 11th grade, so my hair is one the the biggest "fun" factors in crossdressing. Not just the way it feels when you wear it, but fixing it in different styles and the acr of washing and cleaning it.

docrobbysherry
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
OK, great! But, what about the DOWNSIDE of long wigs? No one likes shoulder length or longer wigs more than me. However, I HATED chewing on one and then trying to pull strands out of my mouth while eating at the SCC and DLV get togethers!

Melody1985
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
It was awkward for me at first, but I quickly got over that. I've grown to like it for sure!

KarenS
12-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm sure this has been posted before... but I love the feeling of hair around my face and shoulders when I'm wearing a wig. Its soft and feels like a little tickle of feather brushing by you. I especially love it over one shoulder. I wonder what it would be like with real hair.

I frequently wonder the same thing. I purchased a new synthetic hair piece for Christmas for myself. I Love the feel but think it is too dark.

My Chrisrmas present to my self was new wig. I love it. I started to lose my hair in the 11th grade, so my hair is one the the biggest "fun" factors in crossdressing. Not just the way it feels when you wear it, but fixing it in different styles and the acr of washing and cleaning it.

I still have all of mine but get it cut very short usually. Something I have not experimented with is styling, washing, and cleaning. I really need to experiment in this area. Thanks for sharing.

Crysten
12-31-2011, 11:45 PM
After 20+ years of getting a haircut every week....well I guess I like the feel of wigs well enough but actual long hair is beyond me. I tried growing it out, and it just doesn't feel right to me. That, and the patience/time it takes to deal with it. As well as getting used to sleeping with long hair, having it get caught on things, etc. Not for me, sad to say. Dunno how women deal with it.