PDA

View Full Version : Are CDs ok with men acting chivalrous and treating them like ladies?

seanmuscle
12-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Do you like guys to let you go first, carry your bags, and refer to you as ms.?

How about compliments by men?

JessicaM1985
12-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I would love it personally. That means that they are kind and courteous. Always a good thing imo, and it would appeal to my ego that they would treat me like a lady. :D

Lorileah
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes, Yes, eh...whatever and absolutely

First, holding the door is always a courtesy no matter what gender you do it for (and on the flip side saying "thank you" is a courtesy for the person passing through the door).

Next, yes, a man carrying my bags is a sweet gesture. Just like holding my chair, picking up something I drop.

you can call me whatever you like I have heard it all before. Sir and Ma'am is polite but not required for me

And Honey, compliments are ALWAYS welcome. That is why I take so much time getting ready.

Jean Marie
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Its a must in my book that. the man be a total gentleman ane do all those things to show me th respect or there will be no 2nd date and the currn date will be pretty much a non-event. This is written in stone.

Cynthia Anne
12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I love it! And need more of it! Hugs!

Julia_in_Pa
12-30-2011, 07:35 PM
You guys better be alright with it after all you are dressed as women.

Julia

stacycoral
12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
It is the right thing for a man to do, for a woman, what girl would not like compliments.

ArleneRaquel
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I love it when a man treats like a lady.

Lynn Marie
12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Dang, what's not to like when a man opens the door for you. It is just so sweet when you are clicking your way up to the door of your favorite club and one of the smokers outside pulls open the door and holds it for you.

Kaz
12-30-2011, 08:03 PM
In the UK the door opening thing isn't a gender issue.. it is just politeness.. BUT.. carrying my bags?

Well I could go for a Miss Piggy approach (showing my age - Muppet Show)...

But oh yes... to say 'why thank you' in my best Marilyn Monroe voice... priceless!

Miranda-E
12-30-2011, 08:08 PM
sure, why not?
dont see any problem with it. :)

Nicole Brown
12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
What girl doesn't like to have to door held open for her, or be assisted when entering or exiting a car, or having her packages carried for her, or having a gentlemen act chivalrous to her. I know that I just love these attributes in a gentlemen and expect them.

Katelyn B
12-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Um....

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, I present as a woman, so love to be treated as one

/Katie

Mikaela
12-30-2011, 08:45 PM
No, not really. CDing is my form of expressing myself for myself. I'm not trying to get male attention as validation. True polite behavior is nice. Chivalry for purposes of playing an angle is disgusting.

Beverley Sims
12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
When carting my case around My wife and I have had a couple of "Let's help you ladies there"
I love it; my wife is starting to accept it.

Barbara Ella
12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Julia hits it on the head. Although not out and about myself, what would anyone expect when out. For the man to behave as a man does. Everyman will behave differently, some being courteous, some being boors and slobs. Dont care which, as long as they would be honest, and I feel I would enjoy the courteous approach while saying a curse for the boor.

Babes

Miranda09
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Absolutely...I have no problems with gentleman treating me in a polite and courteous manner. Of course, respectful also goes along with that. :)

johnthefisherman
12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I definitely wouldn't be ok with chivalry and I'm sure all the girls here would agree. Chivalry is the code of honor for knights, like bushido. If a guy is treating you with chivalry, then you are probably jousting. :tongueout However, I would love being treated with courtly love.

Barbra P
12-30-2011, 09:07 PM
On one of my first outings I had a man open the door for me at the restaurant, I smiled and said thank you and proceeded to walk through the restaurant feeling really great.

JessicaM1985
12-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Well if I were single and a guy had something like that on his mind, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad thing. Guys do what guys do. Truth be told, if I look like a girl, then a guy is going to do what they do best and that is try to attract a mate. But boy would they be in for a surprise when an in depth discussion about me and who I am came up! :lol:

natalie james
12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
i would be down with it:) if they wanted to hold the door for me i must be looking really good. lol!

DanaR
12-30-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm with Lori on this, holding the door is a common courtesy no matter what gender. If there is someone behind me, it doesn't matter boy/girl or man/woman I'll hold the door for them. It happens to me all of the time, dressed either way.

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Hi Sean, If I'm dressed as a lady I'd like to be treated like a lady
I guess the answer would be yes.

Orchid

GBJoker
12-30-2011, 10:54 PM
If the guy wanted to date me, yes, I'd expect him to treat me when I'm dressed the same way I treat GGs that I'm interested in. If he doesn't want to date me, I don't expect it, and truthfully, I'd be thrown off by it quite a bit.

Melissa.Lynn88
12-31-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd have no problem with it.:)

Brynn_A
12-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Yes..yes...and yesss

Rachel Morley
12-31-2011, 01:08 AM
I've had this kinda thing happen a few times. I couple of times I specifically remember was when a youngish guy held the door open for me and my wife when we were entering a restaurant, he looked at us, smiled, and said "after you ladies" (I have no idea if he read me or not .... presumably not). Another time when we were leaving a restaurant the waiter/coat clerk guy helped me by holding my coat open as I slipped into it.

I must admit I do find times like this quite nice, even a little bit (dare I say) thrilling .. so that's the long answer of "yes" to your question. :)

NoraTV
12-31-2011, 02:20 AM
I love it even more when he treats me like a woman.

Leeiah
12-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Yes this is always nice when it happens.

Chickhe
12-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Well, it sure beats the usual person in front lets the door swing in my face and race for first spot in line.

Shelly Preston
12-31-2011, 06:09 AM
It's nice to know there are gentlemen left in the world who are courteous.
The thing is most are not doing it for anything other than to be polite. Ok occasionally I have known some who will do it to get a better look at a pretty lady.

When it happens to me I just enjoy the moment smile and say thank you

Sophiewouldbenice
12-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Sure would be nice :)

Foxglove
12-31-2011, 07:33 AM
I'd probably challenge the guy to an arm-wrestle. The loser buys the dinner.

Second thought: I don't think I'd mind a bit of chivalry as long as he doesn't call me "sweet thang".

kristinacd55
12-31-2011, 08:06 AM
I would absolutely enjoy it......it is thrilling!

Claire Cook
12-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes, Yes, eh...whatever and absolutely

First, holding the door is always a courtesy no matter what gender you do it for (and on the flip side saying "thank you" is a courtesy for the person passing through the door). Next, yes, a man carrying my bags is a sweet gesture. Just like holding my chair, picking up something I drop. you can call me whatever you like I have heard it all before. Sir and Ma'am is polite but not required for me And Honey, compliments are ALWAYS welcome. That is why I take so much time getting ready.

Lori has said it all for me (yet again, I think). I'll never forget the first time it happened to me. I was staying in the University of Georgia's Graduate Center and decided to dress for breakfast after several days of conferences. This gentleman with a charming Georgia accent (and, I have to admit, captivating gray eyes) said "Good Morning ma'am" and held the door for me. I crossed some sort of threshhold in my own self-acceptance that day.

Elana
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I feel a certain warmth when a man treats me like a woman. Makes me feel more special and fem :)

Acastina
12-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Are you kidding? Yes, yes YES! Affirmation.

Josephine
12-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I think it would be wonderful! What is not to like about it?

Sallee
12-31-2011, 02:55 PM
I would agree thrilling is a could description. I love the chivalry from men when I am out dressed.

nicoletta_cd
12-31-2011, 03:14 PM
I think that is awesome to be treated that way. Makes me feel even more like the girl I am presenting to be if someone treats me how I see GGs be treated.

Pythos
12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Nope...I like to switch off with my GF actually. Some days I have her treat me in a "chivalrous" manner, other times I take that role. What is fun is when I am in fem/androgynous mode when I do it. LOL.

But I prefer that men do not treat me like they are on a date with me. No thank you. I will take care of myself. Just be polite to me, and respect me, that is all I require.