PDA

View Full Version : The chance to have breasts without HRT or surgery...would you take it?

johnthefisherman
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
I've recently been contemplating it. I've seen various methods that I know work in growing breasts that are all natural (using natural herbs and massaging your chest). I'm not ever going to have a sex change, I'd like to stick with crossdresser :) But my age is also an advantage and disadvantage. Being only 18, I have the chance to grow some awesome breasts :daydreaming: But there is still a lot of the world I haven't experienced.

If you had the chance to grow breasts naturally, would you take it? And if so, how big? :heehee:

Chloe Renee
12-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Hun, don't let the hype fool you, there is no "natural way" with out effecting the bodies hormonal balance. Herbs typically don't work for most people. If they do, they will have an effect other parts. Not just down below, but the liver, kidneys and cardio system by way of raising or lowering BP.
This is fact even for TS that are going through HRT through a Dr.

Also consider this, straddling the gender binary is a hard life. If you ask around the trans section they will tell you, I myself have been a helluva time doing so.
This part is my opinion, do with it what you will. I want not to sound like someone cramming their baggage someone else's throat.

If there was a way I would have myself a pair of b/c's already which would make my passing a lot easier. (Still waiting for my HRT letter)

Cynthia Anne
12-30-2011, 11:38 PM
That big word IF! Yeah I would take it without a second thought! How big!!!! Letum' stop where they may! Hugs!

Vickie_CDTV
12-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Over the counter "herbals" (they are unregulated and you never know what you are getting) are not going to make you grow breasts. They might make you irritable and moody and cause other health problems. If you want actual breasts (if you want to remain a man you need to think long and hard about how breasts will impact that), you will have to see a doctor.

Tammy V
12-31-2011, 12:15 AM
I am on an herbal program for a couple months, and it is getting some results. Waiting on my HRT letter also.

Brynn_A
12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
First, if it sounds too good to be true..guess what? It is! Most of the herbs used in those supplements are at best dodgy and if you research the side effects could be dangerous. Would I love a nice pair of 34 B's..sure..but herbals aren't the way for me.

sandra-leigh
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Herbs typically don't work for most people. If they do, they will have an effect other parts. Not just down below, but the liver, kidneys and cardio system by way of raising or lowering BP.

:yt:

Biology varies too much for us to say that absolutely that the programs will not work on anyone; what is known is that they are risky for everyone, cannot work for the average person, and plain don't work very often. The black whatever-it-is that is the main ingredient of a number of the formulas is known to be particularly hard on livers.

Also consider this, straddling the gender binary is a hard life.

:werd:

You pretty much have to be a stubborn coot in order to live straddling the gender binary. (Or, I guess, be a "natural" with a styling iron or make-up brush.)

As George Bernard Shaw wrote, "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Perhaps it is not strictly necessary to be Unreasonable in order to straddle the gender binary, but it sure helps.

lingerieLiz
12-31-2011, 01:22 AM
I have boobs. I didn't take anything for them. Having boobs in guy mode is not fun. Guys grab them and tease you or worse make fun of you. Girls play with them and tease you. I have never felt comfortable in a lot of guy clothes.

As for taking herbs. Do you think for a minute if they worked every woman who wanted to have bigger breasts wouldn't be on them. The drug companies would extract the herb and sell it as a pill. It is all wishful thinking. Get yourself a pair of breast forms and enjoy. Good ones are almost undetectable and you can take them off when so desired. There are a lot of women who have had cancer that wear them and do fine. Next best thing if you live full time is implants.

johnthefisherman
12-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Well I recently found this (http://www.breastnexus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18). And the people there seem to have luck with it. For example the picture page (http://www.breastnexus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46) shows some peoples' progress.

noeleena
12-31-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi.

First off before you try or go on any herbs or meds or H R T...go see your G P get a referal to have your blood tested to at...... least...... make sure no matter what you take at least you have a base count to start with so if tho more to the point of when things go wrong at least you will be told or know your body is okay or going down hill. too many things can go wrong takeing suspect drugs may be not now or with in a few months . its about long term effects that will determin your health. remember its your healh your life.

Iv been on meds for over 7 years & been around meds drugs for 37 years & know what they can do & have done & the end results are not allways good ,

just my thoughts all i'll say is be carefull & do your blood tests,

...noeleena...

johnthefisherman
12-31-2011, 03:02 AM
Hi.

First off before you try or go on any herbs or meds or H R T...go see your G P get a referal to have your blood tested to at...... least...... make sure no matter what you take at least you have a base count to start with so if tho more to the point of when things go wrong at least you will be told or know your body is okay or going down hill.

I was probably going to see someone before taking them anyway. I can't take them right away. Also what do you mean by base count? Base count of what?

Leeiah
12-31-2011, 03:11 AM
I have boobs. I didn't take anything for them. Having boobs in guy mode is not fun. Guys grab them and tease you or worse make fun of you. Girls play with them and tease you. I have never felt comfortable in a lot of guy clothes.

Omg, lol you are so right. I don't have big ones but still ;3 it makes me uncomfortable when my guy friends just grabs them and teases me at ramdom times, mostly at the mall..just embarrassing. But besides that yeah I really wouldn't trust anything over the counter not recommended by a doctor anyway.

noeleena
12-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Hi,

The base count is what you are hormonaly at the start of your blood tests . they should be with out any added meds or drugs say for a ie. you are a male with your normal T rate of nmol of say 33. as a quide you could be up higher or lower, if you were on meds it would not be what it should be

& theres about 17 tests we have done tho if in good health may be 7 tests, & it covers a few that you need to know about.

Potassum, sodium, Urea ,testosterone LH 3 ,FSH 2, Cholesterol. HDL. LDH.Triglycerides. Oestrodrol & any others you may need if theres health concerns,

I have my blood tests every year as im on meds. 7 years now.

...noeleena...

Annie D
12-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Don't waste your money! I have spent hundreds of dollars over the years and have come to the realization that the chances of enhancing your breast size is between slim and none. Take the money you are thinking of spending and purchase a good pair of breasts online or go and see a physician and go on HRT therapy.

Marleena
12-31-2011, 10:28 AM
John I see you're young. You better make sure this is what you want since breasts are permanent unless you get surgery to undo it. A lot of thought needs to go into this, and counseling if you're serious. If you want a relationship with women having breasts will really complicate things. I'm pretty sure most GG's would be turned off.

If this is just a fantasy thread my apologies for sounding like Debbie Downer.:)

Cheryl T
12-31-2011, 11:31 AM
While you're spending your money I have some beautiful swamp land in Florida just right for your retirement home...and you can have it really cheap if you act now....call within the next 10 minutes and I'll even include a set of Ninja steak knives.

Jay Cee
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Omg, lol you are so right. I don't have big ones but still ;3 it makes me uncomfortable when my guy friends just grabs them and teases me at ramdom times, mostly at the mall..just embarrassing...

I'd say it's time for new friends, Leeiah. Or at least a lesson on respect for your current buddy.

jillleanne
12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
While you're spending your money I have some beautiful swamp land in Florida just right for your retirement home...and you can have it really cheap if you act now....call within the next 10 minutes and I'll even include a set of Ninja steak knives.

Now Cheryl, you just have to know I cannot pass up on that one, so, " If you are one of the first 10 million customers to call and tell the operator you know Cheryl, we'll also throw in a juicer, a slicer and a dicer, a hopper and a chopper, just pay separate shipping. Heck, the boss is away so we can triple the offer, but you have to call NOW! Of course you know we can't do this all day so call NOW!!"

Anna Lorree
12-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Herbs, yeah I tried that. After a LOT of money and likely dangerous quantities of capsules, I barely managed to feel a little bit of extra sensation in my nipples a few times. Honestly, for what I spent, I could have paid for the visit to a doctor and over a year of prescription estrogen. No matter what you do, you simply will not grow breasts without increasing estrogen in your bloodstream. I tried both OTC breast enlargement pills, and concocting my own herbal regimens. I wasted my money.

Just because a capsule contains a ground up plant, that doesn't mean it is safe, harmless or good for you. Hemlock, Ricin (made from Castor Beans), digitalis poisoning (from Foxglove) and so many other very bad things come from plants. Beware what you take, BTDT. If you DO insist on taking herbals, do a LOT of homework and don't trust everything you read on the web.

Anna

retrofitme
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm in the same boat - it is not fun in guy mode to be certain. But en femme, they can be a real asset! :)

docrobbysherry
12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
John, I'm no expert on this. But, awhile ago I wanted real breasts, too. So, for nearly a year I took various herbs, included capsules from CD friendly supplier, and used suction devices day and nite for nearly a year. Results? NOTHING!

If u REALLY decide u want boobs, I'd say don't waste your time! Consult with a KNOWLEDGEABLE doc that can give u proper hormones! It will be money well spent!

Aprilrain
12-31-2011, 08:25 PM
If your sole reason for taking hormones is to get boobs you will likely be disappointed with the results. Not taking into consideration ALL OF THE OTHER effects of hormones most people get A cups at best maybe Bs.

Barbara Dugan
12-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Gynecomastia can get you Moobs not Boobs without surgery or hormones, I got a mild case of Gynecomastia and like LingerieLiz mentioned they are not fun on guy mode but while enfeme is easy to create cleavege without the need of tape

sandra-leigh
12-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Well I recently found this. And the people there seem to have luck with it.

Are those pages unbiased? Are there double-blind studies? Have the effects of the various ingredients been separately studied? The people who it did not work for -- are they likely to post their before and still-nothing-after pictures ("self-selection bias")? What percentage of people does it work for?

What do doctors say (http://womens-health.wegohealth.com/herbal-breast-enhancement.html)? That there is almost no (scientific) evidence; that the claims are untested; that the few scientific tests done have shown little or no effects; that the only herb that had success (for its tested purposes) in several trials, led to severe liver problems in other people, including requiring a liver transplant. (See Table 2 (http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/factsheet/diet/fs53.herbal.pdf))

I did look at some of the pictures. Last spring (2011) I had spontaneous development up to "nearly B" cup, considerably larger than anything I saw there. (And then it went away again.) Data is under refinement, but the figures I have seen (in peer reviewed papers) range from 25% of males to 56% of males will develop gynecomastia at some point in their life (the 56% figure was derived from autopsy results.) There are some specific triggers known for gynecomastia, including some kinds of serious liver disorders, but cases are classified as "idiopathic", which means "spontaneous" or "no known cause". Thus the method with the highest known success rate and fewest known side effects, is simply to wait, especially till the mid to late 40s.

Karren H
12-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes I would and yes I did. Very happy with my B cup breasts and working on making them just a little larger. Pm me if you want to know more....

lingerieLiz
01-01-2012, 12:29 AM
If you are planning to grow breasts without moving toward reassignment think carefully. The other day I was getting dressed in guy mode. I tried on one of my men's swearters and realized that it didn't look good. As I was taking it off my wife asked if I was wearing a bra. I instantly knew what she was thinking. I had projection that looked like a woman. We were going to a christmas party where it would be a distraction. I would have liked to wear the sweater, it was a gift and there would be guys wearing similar sweaters, but it would never work for me. If I was enfem I could have put on a bra and fit right in with many of the women.

free2bejamie
01-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Hi yes I would also. I am contemplating a new proceedure called natural fill. It is a proceedure where aqualipo is used to gather fat cells that are then injected to fill areas that need plumping such as breasts, lips, cheeks, but cheeks. Feel free to google it. Saw it on Dr Oz show. Seems like something that would work for us girls. Let me know what you think.

Brittany CD
01-01-2012, 03:38 AM
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't ever want to actually have parts of the female body. Dressing up is just a hobby of mine. Although in some perfect world if I could have have real breasts for one night while all dressed up, I would take it

TGMarla
01-01-2012, 09:55 AM
I already have a nice set of breasts. I keep them in a box in my closet for use when needed.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Yes I would and yes I did. Very happy with my B cup breasts and working on making them just a little larger. Pm me if you want to know more....

Karren is definatrly the one to find out the info.

Lucy C
01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I did a fair amount of research on the web and tried Fenugreek, saw palmetto and red clover with lots of tantric massage. I didn't tell my GF and she could spot the difference after only two weeks. I continued for four weeks and they grew to a reasonable B cup. It got so that I could feel them at work and when I slept. I stopped after 4 weeks as it can be very embarrassing when in drab in work clothes. When I stopped my breasts reduced but they were still bigger than before I started.

I have started again as I have a big trip planned with my GF and she loves to do dress-ups and play with lesbians. After less than a week I can already feel the difference again. I have actually bought a bikini and it looks great! She can't wait to see it.

PrettyTranny
01-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes I would do it. Man mode isn't a problem for me as I wear my forms from when I get up to when I get ready for bed. I would absolutely love real looking breasts!!

cdsara
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Lucy, Can you tell me what you took and the amount. I have tried it in the past with some results but I would like to find a mixture that is more effective.

NathalieX66
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Silverton, Oregon mayor Stu Rassmussen is just such a person.

silverdevil
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi Honey, I would take it if you will tell me what to take.
Thanks,
Jeannie

Sammy777
01-26-2012, 02:10 AM
I've seen various methods that I know work in growing breasts
(using natural herbs and massaging your chest).

I did a fair amount of research on the web and tried
Fenugreek, saw palmetto and red clover with lots of tantric massage.
I continued for four weeks and they grew to a reasonable B cup.
I stopped after 4 weeks.......... I have started again ......
After less than a week I can already feel the difference again.

If massaging increased breast size then every girl on the planet would have DDD breasts.

Wow 4 weeks to a B cup huh? :doh:

I feel so stupid wasting all this time on shrinks, doctors and prescriptions when all I had to do was rub [-]a magic lamp[/-] my chest and take these magical herbs you speak of. :lol2:

:brolleyes: ....... :brolleyes: ....... :brolleyes: ....... :brolleyes:

I bet you're going to tell me the moon landing was real next ;) :lol:

Lucy C
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I was taking three capsules of fenugreek three times a day, three red clover capsules twice a day and one saw palmetto capsule twice a day. I got the red clover at a vitamin shop and the other two at the chemist.
The other thing that really helps is the massaging. Just using your fingertips in circular motions is one style but I find that massaging them during the day (when there is an opportunity eg bathroom) just squeezing them gently keeps them "plump". I really do otice the difference after just a few days and enjoy the feeling of my breasts while lying in bed or when crossing my arms in front of me.

I have tried using tape measures and found that I definitely have measurable increases. This time i have been going for five days and I have increased a centimetre.

Amymonroe
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
heck yea i'd do it in a heart beat. i would'nt want anything bigger than a C cup.

kimdl93
01-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Hypothetically, if this worked, I would consider it. However, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I've read some testimonials, but not entirely sure I would trust my health to some exotic substance manufactured in Thailand. If it indeed does have some sort of phytoestrogens, one would have to be concerned about side effects.

Stephenie S
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
A bit of a skeptic? A BIT???

This is pure BS. Where's my shovel?

Natural breast growth? You mean without surgery or hormones? Yeah, right. Oh yeah, the BigMac method. That works pretty good actually. And you needn't rub your breasts at all. How about the getting older method? That works pretty good too. As your testosterone level lowers (yup, it does), you will find your breasts get bigger. No expensive snake oil pills either. And no rubbing for this method either.

And just what do you plan to do at the beach with the family? Or even the backyard swimming pool if you did grow breasts?

John? Better think this one through a bit more, hon.

tiffanyjo89
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
If I was to start growing them without having intentionally done anything, I'd keep them.

Seeing as I'm not TS, I'm not gonna intentionally try any methods (either hormonal, surgical, etc) to grow something that I don't want in my day-to-day life. It's only if I was to grown them gradually (as is the case somewhat with gynecomastia (I can't be bothered right now to tell if that's spelled right, but y'all know what it is) without my intentional efforts to grow them that I would want to have them.

I'd look at like this, a small inconvenience in male mode such as breasts is not worth my purposefully changing my body to be more feminine, but a change in my body that happened naturally (or as the side effect of any medicine I may take in the future) I'd take it as a plus in girl mode and just deal with it in guy mode.

Julogden
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
This has been discussed here and other places ad nauseum, and yes, for some of us, herbs have resulted in significant breast growth in spite of all the nay-sayers. And no, they don't work as well as prescription hormones, but everything seems to indicate that they aren't dangerous like the prescription hormones are, haven't found any articles about herbs causing blood clots or anything like the prescription stuff does. As long as one doesn't have issues with kidney or liver function, they should be safe, as far as I can tell.

But you do need to take a few different things. Seems like hops, fenugreek and red clover are all important herbs, saw palmetto too, and you have to do a specific massage technique twice daily, that's really important, and use a phytoestrogen cream when doing the massage.

Click here (http://flat2fab.com/) for a page that explains the massage technique, scroll down a little past half-way and you'll see a video called "The Chi Breast Massage for Breast Enhancement", shows exactly how to do the massage. Just rubbing the skin in the chest area doesn't do it.

I got significant growth using herbs and this massage, but I do have very low testosterone levels, might make a difference. If you're young and full of testosterone, it may not be real effective, but if you're sure you want to try growing breasts, it's worth a try, IMO.

Carol

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I took herbals for a year and a half and got good results. I don't recommend it though since it is a 100 to 1 shot at getting them to work for you. My body just was suseptable to them and I now have 38C breast and never wear forms. If I was 18 again I would go full time enfemme and get implants, the hormones can really mess with your body ad you should nedo them without a doctors supervision.

TGMarla
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
I already have some nice breasts without any HRT or supplements or implants. I keep them in a box in my closet, and use them quite often!

Intertwined
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM
All I can say, is, BE SURE that's what you want... because IF it works, there is no easy way of going back, surgery is the only means of reduction.

I have severe Gynecomastia, I am a 38 C, fortunately 6 foot 2 inches tall with a large frame, so as long as I wear LOOSE button up shirts, it doesn't show too much.

I love going to the beach, which has presented Many problems.

Even in my wetsuit it's obvious I have boobs, and going shirtless, has gotten ugly from time to time, the last incident, a lady went off on me, saying how could I come to the beach at all, there are children here, it was at that point, I had to grab my wife because she was ready to hurt this lady. So to avoid problems, I usually wear a shirt, rash-guard or very plain sports bra when at the beach.

I have NEVER had family or friend give me a hard time about my breasts.

Shananigans
01-27-2012, 02:51 AM
A man with breasts (moobs) is not very sexy IMO. I have this bias of associating it with being out of shape and overweight. (Sorry if this is offensive...just me being completely honest). If you were a full-time CD or TS, I'd see this as a valid option and it makes perfect sense. But, if you aren't full-time, it would be a big turn off in male mode for most GGs...and most gay men (if you swing that way).

So, if you aren't full time, I wouldnt. If you think you might be TS, I'd talk to a gender therapist. But, right now, I'd just buy a good pair of breast forms. My SOs forms are huge and look great...and, they cost $40....and, they come off when he's back to male mode. It's a pretty sweet deal. Sure they aren't "real" but you can't tell with a bra on. They feel like real fake boobs...don't ask how I know.

JessicaM1985
01-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Absolutely! I have had natural B cup "moobs" since puberty so it's not like I'm a stranger to them. You can see how they look in a tight tee in my profile pic. ;)
I agree that having people randomly grab them is annoying and rude. Sadly this has happened to me many times, and everytime it has taken tremendous restraint not to haul off and deck that person. :(

I'm considering HRT to get them larger. That said, I'd MUCH rather grow them without surgery or hormones. But I know that's just a pipe dream, so I'll go with the best medical science has to offer. If I had a choice, I'd go with what is proportionate to my BMI, so I'd go with a size D. :)

Stephenie S
01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
All I can say, is, BE SURE that's what you want... because IF it works, there is no easy way of going back, surgery is the only means of reduction.

I have severe Gynecomastia, I am a 38 C, fortunately 6 foot 2 inches tall with a large frame, so as long as I wear LOOSE button up shirts, it doesn't show too much.

I love going to the beach, which has presented Many problems.

Even in my wetsuit it's obvious I have boobs, and going shirtless, has gotten ugly from time to time, the last incident, a lady went off on me, saying how could I come to the beach at all, there are children here, it was at that point, I had to grab my wife because she was ready to hurt this lady. So to avoid problems, I usually wear a shirt, rash-guard or very plain sports bra when at the beach.

I have NEVER had family or friend give me a hard time about my breasts.

Come on now, if you think you are displaying C cup breasts in this picture, then you have no idea of breast sizes.

Sorry. No way Jose'.

JenniferLynn0370
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Well, I already have a modest B but I would not be upset if they got a little bigger.

sometimes_miss
01-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Hun, don't let the hype fool you, there is no "natural way" with out effecting the bodies hormonal balance.
I don't really know about that; there are lots of guys with variable amount of breast tissue, who probably never took any kind of hormone supplements. I'm one of them; after reading many articles about it, I came to the conclusion that the minute amounts of female hormones secreted from fat cells may have been influential to the development of 'man boobs'. My weight fluctuated wildly for a long time; between diets and extreme exercise, to just huge times of office work with lots of eating (that's my defense mechanism for stress, which, I suppose is better than violence, alcohol or drugs) and virtually no exercise. At this point, I wound up with sort of 'near 'B'' breasts. They're not real pretty, but GG's don't all have perfect breasts either (but at least they're prettier than mine).

terri261
01-28-2012, 12:35 AM
you look wonderful, im thinking about doing it also but am not sure which way to go natural or hrt

busker
01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
I've recently been contemplating it. I've seen various methods that I know work in growing breasts that are all natural (using natural herbs and massaging your chest). I'm not ever going to have a sex change, I'd like to stick with crossdresser :) But my age is also an advantage and disadvantage. Being only 18, I have the chance to grow some awesome breasts :daydreaming: But there is still a lot of the world I haven't experienced.

If you had the chance to grow breasts naturally, would you take it? And if so, how big? :heehee:

first off, you should have a look at
htt://www.gynecomastia.org.
You can read some of the stories of guys who got boobs via prescription medications and see what they have had to deal with. As I remember there were about 14000 males with double mastectomies in 2009 (but it could have been a total since it wasn't clear about the time frame). anyway, at your age it could be an advantage if you want to present as a female and you can pass without too much difficulty. If you just want to be a CD, I'd say stick with the silicone.
There are several life threatening conditions that can give you gynecomastia, and about 40 prescription drugs, but they are only available to treat a current condition so you won't be able to get them .
Herbs can work, phytoestrogens are in soy and other foods, saw palmetto can work (well documented over the past 100 years) hops has been known to create larger breasts in WOMEN, as has red clover, fenugreek and other herbs are to help lactation for women and there is an herb from thailand that according to its patent tests does work for women about 80% of the time. However, all of this stuff could effect your health adversely so whatever you do you should start you info gathering at
www.drugs.com
which is an industry website that is very thorough and gives both professional information as well as consumer info. Also you will find long literature support for each herb/drug which you can look up on pubmed (from the national institutes of health). When there are clinical trials, they usually last about 3 months, the drugs/herbs are in higher concentrations than you get at the health stores and that is also a reason most people have no success--they take too little of the herb. trials also last about 3 months so if you have no changes in that time, it is not likely to work for you. There are sevelral menopause supplements available for red clover and promensil will give you 40 mg of red clover, I think about the same as estroven. Promensil and another from Australia have been approved by the EU equivalent of the FDA for treating menopause and also by a German org. that regulates supplements. Be careful with saw palmetto as it is a BLOOD THINNER .
Drugs that produce Gynecomastia do as a side effect and only about 1-% of users have reactions so a lot of things don't work for that reason. also, I think herbs that are processed by modern methods may loose some of their potency as a result so even if saw palmetto worked 1 hundred years ago, it may not be of the same quality as that of today. It is also prescribed for young kids with severe acne. It is an anti-androgen. It is all largely a crap shoot.
There is also noogleberry and one other device and these devices have had patents for at least a hundred years in one form or another. Negative pressure is used in medicine for implanting permanent subcutaneous devices by expanding the overlaying tissue.
Tea tree oil is a disinfectant used extensively in WWII in field hospitals, lavender works on very young males as it disturbs the hormones at puberty.
I hope this helps some but always research what you do--your health is not something to fool around with.