PDA

View Full Version : Finally Tried a Skirt on at the Store

Shannon
10-25-2005, 11:34 PM
A few days ago, I decided I wanted to get a leather skirt to go with a new blouse that I bought. Being that today is my birthday, I figured one way to celebrate would be to buy the skirt, and for the icing on top, try it on in the store fitting room.

So off I go - in drab - to the Wilson's Leather at Fashion Valley mall. I walk in, and notice the store is empty except of two sales girls, both looking like they are in their 20's. I stroll around until I find the leather skirts. Fortunately, there is a size 10 (my size) and a size 12. So I pull them both off the rack, just in case the 10 doesn't fit. As I'm doing this, one of the sales girls (a brunette) walks past me and into the back of the store. I hear a door open then close.

I take a couple steps towards the other sales girl (a blonde) who is coming out from behind the counter. She looks at me and asks "Can I help you?" I hold up the two skirts on the hangers and ask "Is it okay if I take these into the fitting room?" She says "Sure." So I walk back to the fitting room, step in, close the door behind me, and try on the size 10. It fits!!!! While I'm doing this, I hear the brunette sales girl return from the back, she walks right past the fitting room. I'm straining to hear if they say anything, but don't hear a word.

I get back into my jeans, bring both skirts back to the rack, and look around for a shorter length :) in a size 10. Both sales girls now come over to me, with the brunette pointing out a few jackets that are 'fake' to the blonde. The skirt I'm holding doesn't have a price tag. I ask "Can you tell me the price on this?" The brunette takes it from me, checks the price, and tells me its on sale for $59.99. I say "Then I'll take it."

After I sign my credit card slip, the brunette hands me the bag and says "Thank You". I smile back at her, then I look at the blonde, who is standing next to the brunette, straight into her eyes, smile and say "Thank you very much." She smiles back. It was like nothing more need be said -- she know why I was thanking her. I turn and casually walk out.....then make a mad dash home to try on my new leather skirt!!

I've done a lot of shopping in drab for womens clothes, lingerie, makeup and jewelry. This is the first time I asked to try something on in the store. I'm so happy I did this -- what a wonderful present to myself! I've said it before, it is the community of friendship and support in this forum, reading your stories, learning from your experiences, and broadening my vision of what is possible, that helps me make each little step I'm taking.

Sissy Jay
10-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Wow! I like that story. I can almost see myself doing that just by reading that. I would love to actually go shopping and have a couple of girls assisting me! That has been a fantasy of mine. To go out shopping for and trying out dresses and skirts and things. sissy Jay

Billijo49504
10-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Super fantastic, isn't it fun to try things on in the store. Not because you got away with something, but because you were treated as a valued customer. They treated you well, and you made a purchase. Oh by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad it went well.

Kierci
10-26-2005, 01:34 AM
happy Birthday !!!! Good Job !!!!

Nlenro-nu
10-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Hi! I'm Nlenro-nu ( where'd that name come from? It's my witdh name) I've tried a dress on not too long in a thrift store. I went in dressed as male and left dressed as female. When I went on the bus the bus driver didn't recognize. When I took out my bus pass he just smiled! I was afraid I'd be ridiculed someway. Well I use the thrift stores because I don't believe a piece of clothing should cost $60. $25.00 is reasonable. It's fun to dress up in woman's clothes. I do it mainly for comfort but as I said to Wendie I have a fetish for high heels and wearing big boobs! I don't go out much dressed as a woman. One of these days I'm going to try walking around at College dressed in womans clothes and see what happens. I'll probably do it on my birthday Jan. 30. Did you know some Psychologists and Psychicatrists estimate that over 73% crossdress but say less than 43% are
willing to admit it! There was quite awhile I didn't dare admit that I am a crossdresser!

paulacd
10-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Great story Shannon & Happy Birthday. It's great to hear stories like this as it gives confidence to the whole cd'ing community that we are becoming more accepted out & about. I guess to a store a sale is just a sale - whoever the money comes from, but the shop assistants can make a big difference to your day and your confidence.

One question though - where are the pics??????!

Paula.

HaleyPink2000
10-26-2005, 02:18 AM
So neet that you now can do that.

Hugs Sis!
Haley:)

Adrianne
10-26-2005, 02:44 AM
There be no stopping you now, you will want to try everything on in the stores now.

Adrianne.

Gemma Rhodes
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Wow, you go girl. Ive bought a lot of fem gear in drab but never had the bottle to ask to try anything on yet but as im losing weight im getting more and more confident so you never know, one day soon maybe?

Gemma xx

PS Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way.

rachel_rachel
10-26-2005, 04:43 AM
I've done it too, now. Just got home from a trip to the doctor's with my son, and we decided to go and have a look around at savers.

Tried on a size 12 very mini denim skirt that i thought would never fit, it did, perfectly. also tried on a white blouse, black blouse, and a long black coat/jacket with a furry trimming, all fitted me and fitted perfect, so i paid for all of it + some other things.

Then when i got home there was a letter from our nieghbour who just moved out letting us know we could go and collect some things from out of her garage, I found 2 bags of her clothes!!!!! As i write this i haven't yet tried any of it on, but wait until later.

Veronica E. Scott
10-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Great story Shannon and Happy Birthday glad everything went well and you had a wonderful time trying things on.

Veronica

Shannon
10-26-2005, 07:36 AM
One question though - where are the pics??????!

Paula.

I plan to take some pics soon -- certainly by the weekend. Will post then.

Denise01
10-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Congratulations Shannon:

I know the feeling about trying on a skirt in a store while en drab.

I was on vacation last march, and in a Layne Bryant store looking for a green skirt for a St. Pattys day Party.

Saw one I kind of liked and the sales girl came along to see if she could help. I asked about if sizings fit large or small, and she said it could be returned.
I then told her it was for me, she said "really " and then invited me to try on anything I liked.
She was so helpful and it was nice to be treated like a lady.

Denise

Lilith Moon
10-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Loved the way you told it, as I was reading it I felt as if it were me.

Are we going to see you modelling your new skirt ?

BTW...happy birthday!

MistyCD
10-26-2005, 09:07 AM
way to go girl, I bet your heart was thumping when you asked and then while you tried it on.

Now that you see that you've have nothing to be afraid of, you'll do some more shopping and trying things on enfemme

Hugs misty:)

Sazzle
10-26-2005, 05:09 PM
trying things on in a store is scary.....

until you've done it. I was lucky in that when I went real world shopping for the time, I had a GG friend in tow who encouraged and encouraged. :D

KatieZ
10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Way to go Shannon!!

I have yet to do that, but soon I think. So far I have only tried on dresses and skirts at Goodwill stores. Easy to just slip into changing room there, but to ask a salesgirl if it is OK to try on must be quite a thrill.

I'd wish you a Happy Birthday but it seems like you already had one!!

Hugs

robyn1114
10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I've tried on several things at different stores, but I always take them to the mens fitting room. I've never tried anything on at a womans clothing store.

Phoebe Reece
10-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Way to go Shannon! It will be a lot less stressful next time.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
shannon

great stuff!!! i have done alot of things as michele, and loved it all, the clothes shopping as MR me i have done very little of!! its very heartening(is that a word?) to hear your story.. i have bought stuff but never tried it on and probably made way to big a deal of how i hope my wife likes it!!!!

i hope i can just shop and buy what i like someday

Wendy me
10-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Shannon wow way cool the world did not stop and all went well good for you
see you can do anything you put your mind tooo way to go girfreind shop on....

TGMarla
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Shannon! Way to treat yourself. Took a lot of guts, but judging from your reaction, well worth it! Way to go, girl!

Jodi
10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
As Shannon described, it is as easy as saying--"may I try this on?" I have been trying on openly for over 6 years while in drab. No problems. Great job Shannon. Now you will experience how "really" much fun shopping can be.

Jodi

Sarahgurl371
10-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Happy Birthday! Sounda like you gave yourself a wonderful present. You Go Girl! Someday I hope to be that courageous too. I would luv a leather skirt, but with the cost, its just something you have to try on before you buy.