PDA

View Full Version : What a dream I had...

Cheryl T
12-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I won't go into the details of the dream, but it ended with a question that has me wondering.
With the prevalence of Alzheimer's these days and many of us getting up in age, who will I forget should it afflict me?

Will I forget the woman who's been a part of me for nearly all of my life? Will she just cease to exist and not even be a memory to bring a glimmer of happiness to my old age?
Will I forget the man I was and stare blankly into the mirror wondering how this woman came to have this man's body and what happened to all the femininity that was me?

Just food for thought...I hope I never know the answer.

Annie D
12-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Both of my parents lived well into their mid to late 80's and both died from the complications associated with Alzheimer's and Dementia. I figure that I choose my parents well enough to last about 20 more years. During that next 20 years I hope to spend most of it as Annie and when someone looks into my coffin, they won't recognize me if dressed in drab.

Cheryl, if you suffer from Alzheimer's, you will never know the answer.

Cynthia Anne
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Food, perhaps bad food for thought! My doctor 'claims' that smokers do not get Hlzheimers! So I guess smokers will always will always know to wear a dress!???????????????????????????:brolleyes:Hugs!

jillleanne
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Cheryl, if you do get it, you will never know, as you suggest. As for the caretakers, they'll just say you have Alzheimers so no one will care either. lol

joandher
12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
I have told the wife to put me in a very nice dress complete with heels and everthing when they box me up,
well i dont want to leave lookin shaby

HUGS

J-JAY