PDA

View Full Version : My Sister's Christmas Gift to Me :)

Anne2345
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
My sister is an amazing, magnificent, wonderful woman. I have written about her many times on this forum.

About two months ago, I came out to her and told her I am transgendered. Without batting an eye lash, she accepted me unconditionally, and our bond has grown even stronger since. We have shared much, cried much, and laughed much over our two respective lives, and life in general.

My sister treats me with compassion, kindness, and love. She sees and respects the woman within me, and desires to cultivate her relationship with Anne (her big sister that she did not know she had :)).

In this vein, my sister presented me with an incredible Christmas gift. She gifted me a beautiful necklace from a jewelry designer. The necklace is a part of the designer’s “Kawong” collection. The “Kawong” pattern, as my sister explained to me, represents power and justice, and symbolizes the hope that people will always remember their origins.

My sister went on to explain to me that I am empowered through acceptance of myself, and that personal, inner justice is served when I am true to myself. By and through accepting myself, and being true to myself, I therefore shall wield the power to ever do my self justice within this life, and the life of the transgendered.

My sister went on to say that I should always remember my feminine origins, and to be loving of her and myself. Having explained all of this (she was much more articulate than my shabby attempt at quoting and recreating her words), she placed the necklace around me neck, clasp it, and gave me a big, giant hug. Which, of course, for all that know me here, caused me to cry. LOL! But during that brilliant, resplendent moment, I wept tears of profound and utter joy . . . . .

Here’s a few pictures of the necklace. Did I say that my sister is wonderful? :D

rachaelsloane
12-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Anne,
It's a beautiful gift and one that I know you will cherish forever.
Happy New Year,
Rachael

Emma Leigh
12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Absolutely amazing Anne, I wish my relationship with my sister was even closely as amiable as yours, but sadly it is,nt, you are soo lucky

AllieSF
12-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Congratulations on having such a wonderful sister and for the great gift. I love the looks of that necklace.

Kathi Lake
12-31-2011, 09:08 PM
What a gorgeous, wonderful, and totally appropriate gift from your sister!

Oh, and the necklace is pretty too.

:)

Kathi

larry
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Is your sister married ?? Just thinking..

I could not resist that. hehehe

It seems to me that this is a family of nice people. Happy New Year

Barbara Ella
12-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Happy New Year Anne. What a wonderful sister you have. It must run in the family. Go ahead say it again. Beautiful necklace.

Thanks so much for sahring this wonderful experience.

Babes

stacycoral
12-31-2011, 10:39 PM
Anne, girl you are really best to have such a sister, a wonderful present she gave you, i happy for the two you to learn how it is to be truthly sisters, Happy Dressing in the new year

Launa
12-31-2011, 11:16 PM
You did say your sis is wonderful and she is. Congrats on that necklace Happy New Year

cindy777
12-31-2011, 11:37 PM
That is a very sweet and heart touching experience with your sister. Extremely happy for you, it is great you have the beautiful necklace to remind you of this special time with your loving sister.

Cindy

DanaR
01-01-2012, 01:17 AM
What a wonderful experience you and your sister are sharing. She sounds pretty cool.

Marleena
01-01-2012, 01:20 AM
That's an awesome gift from a wonderful sister, Anne!:)

Mollyanne
01-01-2012, 08:42 AM
From what you described, you have had the best ever X-Mas present that anyone could ever hope for. Your sister has given from the heart, you have given from the heart and the love between you both will only grow. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

MOLLYANNE

Raychel
01-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't know what is a better gift, a totally accepting sister or the necklace, Either way this is a very touching story. Life is good, Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tina B.
01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
What a beautiful gift, and the necklace is pretty too!
Tina B.

TGMarla
01-01-2012, 09:23 AM
That's really cool. Profoundly cool. You have a terrific sister, Anne. Happy New Year!

PretzelGirl
01-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I have to agree with everyone. The necklace is very pretty and a great gift. But it is secondary to the great gift of bonding with your sister.

Rica_6869
01-01-2012, 05:56 PM
That's awesome Annie, that you have developed that relationship with your sister. I have been visiting this forum since 2006, but haven't posted in years. I always love hearing of someone who has an extremely supportive sibling and/or significant other.

My youngest sister is two years older than me, and she actually helped me transform as were were growing up. We had to share a bedroom for several years, she was a majorette, took gymnastics and all that good stuff, and I wanted to be just like her. Our parents were divorced, and we lived most of our childhood with our grandmother, so we basically raised ourselves. She taught me how to dress, do my makeup & hair, posture, shave my legs, everything. She encouraged me to never be ashamed and always "be myself". I don't know what I would have done without her. Most people are surprised to find out we are not twins, because we are both about 5'5" 125 lbs, look, and act exactly the same, same hair, style of dress, lol, it's funny.

Anyway, needless to say, we've always been very close, and best friends, and there for each other in every way. It's really wonderful and I consider people like you and I VERY fortunate!

Claire Cook
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
What a beautiful moment, thanks for sharing it.

Mindy More
01-02-2012, 05:37 AM
that's quite a necklace. Really pretty

kimdl93
01-03-2012, 08:17 AM
What a great sister!

JessHaust
01-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I think some people are just more open minded. I have the same great luck as you with not only my wife, but both and daughters. My oldest has taught my female manerisums, my youngest is my makeup instructor. It would be a wonderful world if everyone responded his way.

Debglam
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
That is just beautiful Anne! You are a lucky girl in so many ways!

SarahLynn
01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Anne, what i said before. :) :) :battingeyelashes:

SarahLynn

Paulette
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Anne while the necklace is wonderful, the words your sister spoke to you are far more precious.

Elana
01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
You have a great and wonderful sister! And the necklace is also very beautiful.