PDA

View Full Version : Why are you HERE? Why do you WRITE?

Anne2345
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I have been a member on this forum since March 2011. During my time here, much to the chagrin of the membership I am sure, I have composed and submitted many posts.

In this, I have written about my journey, including the discovery of new awakenings and re-awakenings of long suppressed thoughts and emotions.

I have written about light-hearted moments, joyous moments, and beauty. I have also written about despondency, pain, fear, and hopelessness.

Along the way, I have received positive, helpful feedback and insightful comments from the membership, of which I am eternally grateful.

But writing is not always easy. Especially introspective writing. If one is brutally honest with oneself, it can be a gut-wrenching proposition, and one to be taken seriously if the attempt is to be made. Truly opening one’s eyes to one’s self can be a dual edged blade.

Regardless, I have learned much about myself through the thoughts that I have reduced to writing. I have both cried and laughed over my words, and the meaning I attribute to my thoughts (as out there as my thoughts may be at times).

And on more than one occasion, I have thought I would just stop writing, and simply walk away from the forum. I have actually made the decision to do so several times, but invariably, I am struck again with inspiration of some sort or another, and feel compelled to both write the post and submit it, for whatever it is worth.

I do very much enjoy the friendships I have forged here. These friendships are important to me, and I hope to continue them for some time to come. Sometimes, though, I simply question whether what I am doing is worth it, and why I share so much . . . .

So why do you come here? For what reasons do you post? The posts I see range the gamut, from the super serious, to the fun and silly, to the wtf is all that about (many of my posts undoubtedly fall within the latter category :straightface:). But what is it that keeps you all writing?

Diana Bain
01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
We all share a common bond and it's nice to know were not alone.

Mrs Roads
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
We all share a common bond and it's nice to know were not alone.

Well said - my exact reason as well. This place is especially important for me as I have not revealed to anyone about my CD or desire to be born a woman...

Chrissy be good
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm here because for years I felt like a freak, felt alone, and felt like wtf am I doing. I came here and found plent of folks in the same boat as I was. I haven't made any friends outside of the forums but I cherish the little interactions I do have with some of the ladies here.

Suzy Parker
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
So I don't go crazy. I can post freely in here and share with others and get support when needed. I am very private and closed off about my crossdressing. Being able to discuss it in here really helps me emotionally. Everyone in here offers their support and advice when needed or requested and do so in a friendly supportive manner. I like it here. I am in the "Fun and Silly" category. Lifes to serious as it is, I want to have fun.

Crysten
01-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Why am I here? I'm a life-long crossdresser, so it seemed like an obvious place to "hang out" if you will. Why do I write? Many reasons, but the thing that keeps coming back to me is what seems to be a glaring lack of any sense of humor here (with one or two exceptions). So I've dedicated my life to posting many ridiculous comments around this forum to lighten up the mood a bit. Sometimes more successfully than others, but one can only try. Of course, I blame all of this on the Chinese, because why not? This is still a free country. ... I think. One billion Chinese all wearing hot pink panties on thier heads, it's my ultimate objective. :-\ Hmm I seem to have gotten off track here somewhere.

elizabethamy
01-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm here because I've gained so much wisdom and knowledge from the stories and perspectives of others who are experiencing or have experienced what's happening to me. But reading alone is not enough, as it's incumbent on all of us to contribute our thoughts for the benefit of others...I'm glad you write, Anne.

Lorileah
01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
500+ posts? You have just started girlfriend. You need to some major writing to catch me :)

But I come here because I have to be somewhere and "any place is a better place to be." (wondering how many here actually know what song that came from....I am so old). Truthfully, I come here because I really want the TG community to know they are not all alone in the wilderness. That life does not end when you finally understand that you are not different or strange. That in the whole big scheme of things "that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that." Told you I was old. I come here and write because I hope that somewhere one person will see that they mean something. That one person will see that you need to be honest up front when you begin a relationship because the longer you lie and hide the more painful it gets. I come here because when you quit pounding your head against the wall it feels so good. I come here because I don't have a life I guess. But maybe, just maybe one person can gain insight from my silly ramblings. And that one person can help another and they can have a better life. Selfish I know but then I am the center of the universe.

DMichele
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
So I don't go crazy. I can post freely in here and share with others and get support when needed. I am very private and closed off about my crossdressing. Being able to discuss it in here really helps me emotionally. Everyone in here offers their support and advice when needed or requested and do so in a friendly supportive manner. I like it here. I am in the "Fun and Silly" category. Lifes to serious as it is, I want to have fun.

I relate with Suzy's response. I too am very private about my CD'g - I'll never be accused of being a Chatty-Cathy for sure.

I found this site some 8 years ago; and found that I could relate to many of the issues that were raised. Since finding this site, I went through a divorce, which enabled me to observe the board more frequently. The sharing here is enabled me to be more adventurous with my crossdressing.

The members here are like sisters (TG and GG), enabling one to share their questions and concerns. In time, I should open up and express my thoughts and opinions more frequently. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.

Crysten
01-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Pfft easy thats a ZZ Top song!!! Hah nailed it!!! And I can't imagine what life would be like if we weren't all different and strange. Think we're that strange? Go spend a month in India .... We are so normal it's sickening. Its why I love to travel, keeps everything in perspective.

AllieSF
01-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I came here because someone recommended the site. I have stayed here because I like it here. I also spend way too much time here for my own good, like a lot of other people here too. That being said, I also am a very talkative person, like to hear myself talk, pontificate, solve other people's problems and contribute to threads here that I find interesting. So, I can do all that here using the written word. Being honest with myself and you all, I would much prefer to "have a life" and only visit here occasionally. However, since I do not "have" that life yet, I will continue to stay and participate. The benefits of being here are obvious to me. I get to learn a lot about a lot. I get to see that the make up of the people here is very similar to what we see in the big world outside of this forum and our little LGBT world. I also get to see how all of this can become very over-powering and care must be taken to keep it in check as best possible.

Julie Hall
Like many I am here because I felt I was weird, alone and ashamed. I don't post much as I am new to this journey and don't feel I can add any experienced opinions on many issues. I do read many of the threads trying to help me sort out this mish-mash of emotions going on inside. I recall reading some of yours Anne that made me chuckle out loud. The wide variety of opinions in such a niche forum is astonishing. I can only hope I can learn as much as possible and maybe help someone else who is just beginning.

Karren H
Entertainment value and entertainment value, receptively.

ColleenCD
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm here so I am not alone. Many of us grew up in an age before the intenet and knew no one else going through what we alone felt. This forum is an opportunity to share our experiences, hurts and victories, bopes and dreams. I don't write a lot but still appreciate the company.

Colleen

Anne2345
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
500+ posts? You have just started girlfriend. You need to some major writing to catch me :)

Ok, you got me there! :notworthy: Very well played! But, and there is always a BUT, some of my posts are so long, so excrutiatingly, painfully, and unnecessarily long that they really should count as 3 or 4 posts instead of just one. :battingeyelashes:

Of course, I suppose you may argue that because of that, just to teach me a much needed lesson in brevity, that I should have some posts detracted from my total count . . . . :D

Launa
01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I keep on coming here to get support so I can put one heel in front of the other heel and get out that dam front door. I know I'm a wack job and here I feel normal. lol. No offence to the other girls here.

drag n fly
01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
For me Anne, it's not a matter of worth...It's a part of me...worth it or not..I find coming here makes me more aware of what and why I crossdress...and enables me to accept myself...I am very happy with my life right now...Excuse me while I shower and shave my legs..hehe Thanks Anne, smooches (let's see those legs and tootsies)...Jackie

Marleena
01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Well Anne, I'm here because I need to be here. I'm a people person, in the beginning I felt like a crusader here. I just wanted others to feel good about themselves, and not beat themselves up over something they can't control. If I make one person feel better about themselves then I have succeded! I think whoever created this forum had that goal in mind too.:)

I joined just after finally accepting myself as being TG after decades of denial and hiding/fighting it. I had an early retirement and basically live here now. It is my obsession now as my post count shows (and no I'm not a troll).:) I'm still progressing to see where my own journey will take me and have met some wonderful people here. The advice and compassion are second to none on this forum. I can be me here.:)

steftoday
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I do it for all the reasons you all have listed here... It's great to know we're not alone.

RenneB
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Now that's a good thread to start. Why am I here? I thought for the longest time that I really was alone in this world and that very few, if any, real humans had also been born this way. Oh, I had read the occasional article or two about some guy turning into a girl, but that was all the information that was available pre-net. In fact, if I wanted to get the article from the library, I had to go up to the librarian and ask for the specific magazine... I was afraid of her asking me.. "and what exactly are you looking for?".

So now, since y'all aren't in my town where we can all just sit down and hang out, I come here. I have learned tips and tricks to making my fem life much easier. Okay, I've yet to take all the suggestions, but I'm working on them.

I guess, it's just comfortable being here. Yep that's it.

Renne.....

S. Lisa Smith
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I am here because I have become a member of this forum's community. I learn things that I didn't know, get reinforcement, and hopefully, contribute.

PretzelGirl
01-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I believe in acceptance of who we are. And to me, when you reach acceptance, you tend to have less issues with struggling through life. Once you try and fight the acceptance, then you leave yourself open to struggling with what we do. So I come here to learn and to pay it back with others. The learning process is continuous, so the pay back should be also.

But that is just the start. Once you start down that road, then you are here long enough to make friendships. And I am one that believes that family and friends are what makes life good. The rest just adds up as "supporting events".

KellyJameson
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I often feel guilt participating in this forum as if I'm a interloper pretending to be something I'm not because I do not know what I am and probably never will. As yet I have never met someone like me in this world and it is not from a lack of trying but I have found on this forum that I come closer to meeting others whose minds resonate with my own than I have ever met out in the "real world".

When you are a minority of one where do you go, who do you turn to learn about yourself from others experiences? And if the world has rejected your ways leaving you with the feeling of being worthless and possibly even mentally ill than what? Life becomes a prison of "me against them" and my soul, my very will to live is threatened with destruction because how can one person stand against the world and say you are wrong and I am right? How can we evolve into what we are destined to be if the very process threatens others world view and our usefullness in the eyes of the world?

And if the greater truth is that every single person is living this nightmare trying to ascertain their right to "be" but the very act threatens others who are trying to do the same thing than life becomes about control to protect what little sanity each has left so to protect self we try to impose our views on others not from love to release them from pain but fear of not escaping our own.

I come to this forum for my salvation and I hope to offer something in return. We all are crossing the burning desert hoping for that sip of water in the form of acceptance and love to give us the strength to keep placing one foot in front of the other until that day when we are filled and the waters of love flowforth giving back to all what we have received.

I hope in some fashion Anne you remain a presence on this forum for surely you carry within you these waters that we all need.

Dawn cd
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
There is a part of me that has no voice other than when I am here. In everyday life that hidden part gets revealed in little ways, but when I am here it is full-voiced and honest. Also, I am here because I delight in your voices. It seems to me we are a community living on the edge, and together we make lovely music.

Beth Mays
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I actually came across this site in my search for a better understanding about crossdressing myself. My wife join a website for the wife of crossdressers and it seem so negative I wanted to see if other sites were more supportive.
I know I am very new here but feel I have learn a lot from the post of others. I welcome any help and support I can get!

Leslie Langford
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
In a word - "catharsis"...

That, and the feeling of serenity in having found a community of kindred spirits that totally "get" who/what I am, with the added bonus that I, in turn, totally "get" where they are coming from.

A place where "Leslie" can roam free and be herself without fear of censure, ridicule, or the need to conform to rigid societal expectations of gender expression based solely on birth sex...:thumbsup: :gh:

Kathi Lake
01-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Like many of us already said, I am here for the support, camaraderie, and acceptance that the world may never give us. Out there we're freaks, deranged, damaged - and those are just some of the nice things they say about us! :)

In here we have a bond. We share many of the same experiences in life, if not the same viewpoints. We are quite a diverse group, prone to squabbling, but also prone to love and support. It is a microcosm of the outside world, but one in which we are the normal ones, and the ones out there are the ones missing out.

Why do I write? One, because I have to. To not be able to express this life, both in dressing and in writing about those experiences would be unbearable. In denying that part of myself, I deny the whole of myself. I also hope that my writing is at least entertaining to others, if not useful. It's always nice to learn from others' mistakes, and boy, have I made plenty. Do the opposite of what I've done and life will be rosy for you. Promise!

:)

Kathi

LilSissyStevie
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
When I first found this forum I thought I was all alone, a freak, weirdo, pervert. Now after a few years of reading many thousand posts by other TGs and contributing 900+ myself, I pretty sure of it. But they haven't kicked me out yet so I can still make a nuisance of myself for a while longer.

alwayshave
01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I have come here because I'm not judged!

kristinacd55
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
A connection to a lot of wonderful people who are somewhat like me mostly. Most of my posts are silly, some are serious, some are as you say wtf (lol). But I enjoy them nonetheless, and I enjoy my time here.

CynthiaD
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
This is a most perplexing question. I first came to this site, and others like it, in an effort to understand myself. I've been crossdressing literally ever since I can remember. At least since I was three years old. When I was very young it just seemed normal and natural. It was only when I got older that I realized that I wasn't supposed to do this. I spent many years feeling like I was sub- human and disgusting. Even though I went for years without dressing, the thoughts were always with me, and I was terrified that someone would be able to read my thoughts and discover what I really was. I finally reached the point where I had to face the truth. I discovered this site at about the same time. Reading the post here allowed me to put things into the proper perspective for the first time in my life.

I started posting, even though I seldom have much to say, to affirm to myself that this is what I am, and it's something to be proud of.

CK

rachaelsloane
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I came here after a 10 yr. relationship had just ended and immediately was welcomed and met many friends I would not have otherwise. What I found as I started to write and post was that I expressed myself more openly and received the encouragement that allowed Rachael to grow and feel confident to start to go out and meet even more friends.

Badtranny
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Anne, I love your posts. You do tend to get a lil wordy and introspective, but your personality comes through and that personality is nothing but endearing.

It's the people like you (and there's quite a few) that keep me poking around here. I love to write and I love to read good writing. I understand that "good" is subjective, but for me it's all about the angles. I appreciate somebody who can light up a subject from a totally different perspective. I like writers that are intellectually honest as well as courageous. Some of the people here take my breath away sometimes with their capacity for logic and reason. There are some awful smart people on this forum and I love even vigorously disagreeing with some of them because they almost always show me a hidden angle. (hidden from me anyway) The truth is, the TG nature of this forum is secondary to why I participate.

I'm an old school Usenet rabble rouser, and sometimes this forum reminds me of the good old days.

Beverley Sims
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
A connection to a lot of wonderful people who are somewhat like me mostly. Most of my posts are silly, some are serious, some are as you say wtf (lol). But I enjoy them nonetheless, and I enjoy my time here.

"Yes Me Too!"
I thought I would post a short and sweet reply, but no!
My message was rejected because it was too short. Oh well iwill pad it out a bit again.
I went to Tromso Northern Norway, today where they don't see the sun for about 6 weeks in winter.
-3 deg F or about-20 C. No one to look at, nothing much happening. But it is New years day.
Oh! Not a great deal of snow either. about 3 inches when it is usually about 30 inches by now.
As I said, I like to share experiences with others of similar interests and my adventures too.
No fashion report, another great way to be en femme, all rugged up like a bear and you guess the persons sex by
the voice that replies to you.
South again in search of snow, Austria, Switzerland, here I come.

Kaz
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Anne, your posts are always great! Whatever the content!

Why do I write? This is me expressing this side of my life and although I often wonder if I am just boring people and/or adding lots of insignifance, or confusion to the forums, I am here because i have a voice as Kaz and have met some great people who mostly seem to share my issues... whichever 'section' they subscribe to. There is also a fantastic sense of community and this often feels like a family that Kaz can be part of. I can share the odd adventure... show you what I currently look like (OK I only show the better pictures!)... ask for advice... give advice to others... just share a joke or some knowledge or whatever...

Like you I often write too long a post but by the time I post it it doesn't seem relevant anymore and I delete it. Sometimes a sense of loss, but mostly I realsie I learned a lot in writing it.

In my guy mode I am an academic of sorts and in that world, writing is how you organise and briong out your insights and understandings. So is teachinmg, but the two work differently yet in parallel.

These words I craft are the voice of Kaz... I kinda like her having a voice!

retrofitme
01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm here to learn and to share what I know with others who share this common bond. I think we all keep writing because we want to have relationships with like-minded people who accept us for who and what we are.

Elana
01-02-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm here to be part of the community. There's a deep sense of connection i feel with a lot of the posts i've read, and contributed to. Its also one of the few places were i can speak about CD things since a major part of my life is still in guy mode. This place i can express my femininity in a relaxed way.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Because so many folks here r EXCEPTIONAL HUMAN BEINGS!

And, if u don't believe me, read the posts in this thread!

gender_blender
01-02-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm here to offer inspiration, that it does in fact "get better", based on my positive experiences.
...And to share pictures with those who appreciate the effort involved.

~Charlie

Patty B.
01-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Finding this forum was a big relief, growing up well before the internet, this is a great outlet for info, support, laughs and just being around other cd's. Living where i do at the end of the line, Canada is closer than anywhere else, kind of hard to get to meet other cd's.

brenda b smith
01-02-2012, 07:13 AM
wow. after reading everyone's post I feel like i just received a really big group hug . all you girls are really amazing . thanks to everyone My B.F.F'S my daughter taught me that one bff

Frédérique
01-02-2012, 07:29 AM
And on more than one occasion, I have thought I would just stop writing, and simply walk away from the forum. I have actually made the decision to do so several times, but invariably, I am struck again with inspiration of some sort or another, and feel compelled to both write the post and submit it, for whatever it is worth.

I do very much enjoy the friendships I have forged here. These friendships are important to me, and I hope to continue them for some time to come. Sometimes, though, I simply question whether what I am doing is worth it, and why I share so much . . . .

So why do you come here? For what reasons do you post? The posts I see range the gamut, from the super serious, to the fun and silly, to the wtf is all that about (many of my posts undoubtedly fall within the latter category). But what is it that keeps you all writing?

Just today I was contemplating putting my CD writing away, and perhaps tackling some different subject matter, if only for a change of pace – after all, it’s a New Year, correct? So, I DID stay away for the better part of two days, but crossdressing ideas and connections keep flooding my mind no matter what the circumstances are. In the absence of this site, I actually began to think MORE about crossdressing, if that’s possible, which may answer your previous question about how much one thinks about CD’ing. I do it, so I think about it, and I think about it because I do it, and, since I can’t “let it out” all the time, I write about it as well...

Simply walking away is an option, but there is something very meaningful to this exercise where one crossdresser crosses paths with another and exchanges hitherto secret thoughts. In doing so my own resolve to dress is reinforced, and I seek to bolster others in their quest of a “forbidden” lifestyle. I share less than you, or most individuals, but I try to share what I can from my own meager experiences – the fact that I have touched a few people on this site via writing is positively wonderful, not to mention affirming in a reflective sense. Leaving the site crosses my mind at times, until one thinks about these brief encounters with people who understand crossdressing to a certain degree – to cut a lifeline with the TG world, one that I actively forged and cultivated, would be tantamount to self-denial...

I post just for the opportunity to write about something I love, and the dearth of CD writing from my rather innocent direction fuels this desire. It all comes about because, in many ways, you are not allowed to talk about such things, but you CAN write about them. I’m surprised there is so much to write about on this inexplicable subject, but crossdressing affects and is affected by almost everything our acute senses taste, touch, hear, see, and feel. Who dares to write about sensation, and the consequences of sensational dressing? I do, and so do many others – since most people agree that what we do is “wrong,” we can at least reassure ourselves that what we are doing is right, and necessary, from a personal viewpoint. I can do this through writing, and although it takes time, this time is well-spent and nourishing in an abstract sense...

So, here I am, writing once again, and I never expected to be doing it. To be truthful, I employ my own milestones, and the recent start to the New Year is just like any other day in my mind. I could just walk away, but I would rather be among my friends and write about this need to dress that will always be my life companion. Aside from that, I’m writing this to get up to 1811 posts...
:heehee:

Mollyanne
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Why do i come here????? I come here for support that on a few occasions i may need. I think we all know that basically we are shunned, looked down upon as being "sick or perverted". We are not those things!!!!! In fact, we may have a god given gift that we may not realize. We can share our pain, we can share our joy(s) without feeling shame or embarrassment.

Mollyanne

RachelDenise
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm here because it is important to me, and occasionally I make a difference to someone. A nice comment or word of support goes a long way sometimes. And I might have some experience from which someone else may get the benefit.

Gillian Gigs
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I come here to:
love and be loved.
accept and be accepted.
to communicate, to understand, and be understood.

I have found a place where I fit into the flock, and we all have the same plumage. I am not alone in this, I can preen my feathers here and look pretty without the other birds thinking that I am weird, I am just different from them. Birds of a feather flock together, and this is the clothesline that we all can roost on together.

ArleneRaquel
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm here because I feel comfortable here and its a great way to meet other CD's/TG's/TS's. Its a great place to spend a relaxing day.

Debra Russell
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
I come here to relate to others with whom I seem to have a lot in common and this is the only outlet that suits that purpose best for me...............Debra

suchacutie
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Anne, so glad you are posting!

I came here withing 48 hours of Tina's birth! It was a complete accident of my search engine, and what I found here was the breadth of ideas that seemed to be able to give me enough information to make my own choices. It's that breadth of ideas that keeps me here.

In addition, I know that when I have a question or a thought that those same people that generate all these perspectives are here and interested to lend a mind to give their ideas. It can't get much better than that!

tina

Barbara Ella
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I fit, you fit, we fit.

Babes

Cynthia Anne
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow what a thought! Why am I here! I joined on newyears day last year! I have posted over 3,300 times! Why? Because my sisters are here! I enjoy there company! A little selfish perhaps, but if I can brighten just one persons day each day then my day and night is also brighten! Hugs!

LeaP
01-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I participate at all because I can write freely about dressing and gender. A very large portion of the membership shares a few aspects of what I experience and understands them completely. I don't have to hold back or hide. The value to simply be as you are can't be overstated. By contrast, explaining to someone who is willing to listen isn't the same, no matter how sympathetic. My God, just to belong - with a condition and identity that knows no belonging!

I write longer, more introspective posts in this forum because some of the membership has gone through terrible gender struggles and connecting to the trans community here has been invaluable in helping me find some emotional stability, if only at times from simply not feeling alone. Many of you bring experience to discussions that cuts to the heart, again and again. The longer and more personal posts elicit this and have also brought personal connections that I would never have found otherwise. My understanding of gender issues has been accelerated enormously by wrestling my way though forum discussions conducted at a depth and perspective that I find unusual on any topic, anywhere. It's one reason I hate to see any of the transitioned, TS members leave, though I understand why they do.

Writing forces me to think through issues and through motivations. Unlike speaking, writing exposes rationalization, self-contradiction, and partly-formed concepts for what they are. It helps integrate understanding, tests progression and commitment, and creates intersections of logic and emotion, sometimes transcending both. Responses test knowledge and limits of knowledge. My self-awareness refines and I find fresh direction when I breach mental and emotional barriers. I can't speak, or even to think to speak as I write. Writings are like paving stones on which I stand, each created as I write. I write, I step. Writing is an urging in me, and a very unsatisfying one at that. It's always characterized by the things I couldn't or didn't express, not those I did and which are oddly trivial and irrelevant at that point. If I write to be but am ever-becoming, how could it be otherwise?

I also consider stopping from time-to-time. As you said, it takes a lot of time to write introspectively. Sometimes I put effort into a post only to see it float away like a balloon and pop unnoticed. What I glean, even if priceless, seems disproportionate to the effort. Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting or pushing back more than contributing or learning. There have been emotionally trying times, even in the course of just a few months. And, fortunately or unfortunately, I came to the forum at a time when my gender issues were cresting. That means that despite the broad commonalities that make the forum so welcoming, sometimes they only go so deep. Lately, I find myself writing more on a narrower range of topics. A forum that initially provided palliation often rouses pain instead.

I'm here because I need to be. I write because it's part of me.

Lea

Tess
01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I come here to relate to others with whom I seem to have a lot in common and this is the only outlet that suits that purpose best for me...............Debra

What she said...mostly.

Meg East
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I see myself in the posts and the replies. This is a private place to open up to my private thoughts. It does help we are all a touch wacky in a good way. This place beats booze and drugs.

cindy777
01-02-2012, 10:08 PM
This site is my sanctuary, a place in which I feel safe in and surrounded by friends who share a common past or life experience.
It may be simple but I post here as this is the only place I can discuss my inner most feelings without being judged or ridiculed.

Since joining this site, I have told people here more about myself than anyone else has ever known and for this I am very grateful:)
Thank you.

Cindy

Amanda22
01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi Anne, good thread (as usual). I come here much less than I used to for these reasons:

(1) It is rare I see a truly new topic, but that is expected since everyone is on their own schedule of self-discovery.
(2) I rarely have anything enlightening to say that hasn't been said by someone else, usually more eloquently and effectively.
(3) Dressing as a female has evolved to be my normal habit and therefore not novel or really worthy of mention.

I've received precious mentoring from others on this forum and I'll forever be grateful to them. I've tried to encourage others in the same way. Every week I have an affirming public experience but I'm afraid it would be tiresome reading all these posts about my wonderful life. I'm extremely fortunate to be able to present how and when I choose and I realize most of us don't have that luxury.

sissystephanie
01-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I have been a crossdresser for over 60 years, and have known, and had some associations with other CD'ers over those years. But it wasn't until after my dear totally supportive wife passed away 6 years ago that I found this forum! Although some of the things I have posted haven't been agreed upon I understand. We do not all think exactly alike, and probably never will. But in my mind we are one big family and I am very proud to be a member.

To answer the main questions: I post to a thread because I think I may have an answer to a question!! And I occasionally post a thread because I have a question!
I joined the forum because I am a Crossdresser. But I am one who dresses only because I like to, not because I wish to be a woman! I have never wanted to really become a woman, with or without a man!

TGMarla
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
I come here because it's where I can communicate with others who are much like myself, who engage in the act of crossdressing and don't think that's a strange or a bad thing. Here, other people feel the same way I do. here, others feel an enigmatic pull to gravitate towards the feminine within themselves, just like I do. I can interact with people who wish they'd been born female, and not feel alone in the world for feeling this way. I've made friends with many of these people, and I care about them. So year after year, I keep popping in and out of this forum, always curious to see what's going on with everybody. Here I get to share my triumphs and tribulations in my personal journey, the growth of the woman who shares this life journey with me from within me. Here I can say, "hey, look at the new dress I just got!", and some people will acutally care about that and respond to me. In my regular life, that's a solitary endeavor. Here it's not. So I guess I come here to not be so alone in all of this.

kimdl93
01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
for me, there are several reasons. I was brought here by curiosity. I hoped I might learn more abouthow to be at CDing, if you will. Second, I found that we have a lot of common problems and experiences. Its helped me gain a better understanding of myself, and at times I feel that I have something of value to offer others. And finally, this site has also given me a chance to meet and make friends with people like you, Anne, and many others. I consider that a bonus.

Jenniferathome
01-03-2012, 09:24 AM
I came here as I had a common bond and the forum was not a fantasy or sex site. I was helped tremendously by some of the posters about coming out to their wives (special shout out to Mandy) and now I feel that I should try and help others who are struggling as I did. A payback, so to say.

Abbey Lane
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I been on this site for almost two years and I enjoy expressing myself and just to know that there are others like me out there. I enjoy talking or helping other people who start out. I may not have thousands of posts but I often write private messages to people rather than the blog posts. So I enjoy it and look for others in my area so I can meet them and talk openly our issues. My wife knows I dress but we don't talk about it. At least here I can let it all hang out.

krissy
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Im here because everyone here is the same we all love to dress as women.we all have dealt with the guilt ,shame in our own ways .but here we support each other .this site has taken away my shame and guilt ,i too thought i was alone with this its so nice to be able to talk to others and share this part of ourselves.i love this site ,THANK YOU all for being there for us.IT really helps to share these feelings with others like ourselves

z.kasia
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Im here because everyone here is the same we all love to dress as women.we all have dealt with the guilt ,shame in our own ways .but here we support each other .this site has taken away my shame and guilt ,i too thought i was alone with this its so nice to be able to talk to others and share this part of ourselves.i love this site ,THANK YOU all for being there for us.IT really helps to share these feelings with others like ourselves

This is how I feel too. I have only been here a month and when I can join the conversation it is very comforting to know there are others like myself. I also love being called girl or other feminine term. :)

PamelaHowit
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I came for support and to encourage. I just wish there was more people from the UK.

Allisa
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I think the theme song from "Cheers" sums it up for me.

Jennifer B
01-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm here to read about the experiences of others and to learn from those experiences and opinions. And to contribute where my own experiences may (hopefully) be helpful.

Also just to be in the company of other like minded beings, which brings me comfort and reassurance. After years of introspective doubt and conflicting emotions it's a relief to see and read and just be among those that have been there and done that and also those that are just starting out and are experiencing for the first time the tides of emotions that I've already struggled through. So much that I read I can relate to and that ends up being very life affirming. I'm very grateful for this forums existence.

Annaliese2010
01-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Ok 1st of all...you're so very Pretty. 2nd of all...god...idk! I just Don't! I dunno what or why. Don't know why I'm high....Again....wait...yes I do! called 'Grey Goose'. A 5th izza helluva thing to miss. So... I din't. I mean I did...er..no, dunno. Take a nuther sipp Corone...ah..um..bottle getn low..ah..L OH... but no! There's more in fridge so don't get pissed I'm really not as bad as this. I write cause I wanna...I say what I gotta...

To me the thing is like a plea...Why I'm this way, that? How I get here, oh crap. When will i leave?! Tell me oh please. 'Cause really don't wanna BE who i am. It sucks! God!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know?! Does! Just want a GG who knows how to....hmm...oh i dunno....

LOVE?!

Sh*t!

Find me make me do me like...right. Take way this pain....make me alright *sigh...*

G'night...

Nicola2876
01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
i come here to be myself and chat to others who are like me. i have friends here and its a great place to help and be helped. Its a great place to have fun too!

Kristy_K
01-04-2012, 06:09 AM
I am here because this forum gives me strength to be me by knowing I am not the only one out there. I also like helping other to be themselves and reaching there goals.

SallyS
01-04-2012, 06:45 AM
For me this is the only 'normal' place on the planet:D

Where normal people can talk about normal things, post normal topics, express normal thoughts....but all whilst wearing a DRESS!!!!

But of course this is OUR 'normal':)

Tara Bordeaux
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm here, and joined to connect and communicate with like-minded girls, and with common interests, to get tips and tricks and links to some good online shopping, and to make some new friends.
This is my first day back on the forum after the holidays.

However I have to say that I'm a little perturbed by what I heard in the "Transphobe had it coming?" thread which I lightly participated in, and which was closed while I was away.

I actually cannot believe some of the things I've heard there. I'm not sure this is the place for me or not. I'm keeping an open mind right now. However, I have to say that there's a few who are the first inhabitants of an ignore list from that thread.
I REALLY cannot believe the blatant support for the T-person who was 1000% in the wrong.

I've also learned that there are some who should not be allowed to carry weapons from that thread.

Really disturbing, the support for complete wrongdoing just because the T-person is "one of us".
Well, she isn't one of me and I cannot identify with this thug in anyway, and I was also kind of surprised to hear some of the negativity towards CD's from the T-crowd.

Sorry to be negative, but I had to say it.

michelle50
01-04-2012, 02:42 PM
i am here because i never told any body about my cding and have a lot of thoughts and feelings bottled up inside i feel i can talk about it here and it feels good to finaly tell someone i cd without them thinking i am some kind of freak

IMkrystal
01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I agreed with many of the reasons that have been posted, but the most important for me is realizing I am not alone that there are others who share my feelings, thoughts, and wishes. Having been on here for some time and seen personality’s developed; I would feel comfortable talking with many of you in person because of this common bond.