PDA

View Full Version : tan lines

Sarah Jayne
01-02-2012, 12:38 AM
I bought a white cotton sun dress in the sales today and had to try it on so sat in the front garden for a while. I now have tan lines, I don't seem to be doing a very good job of hiding my CDing at the moment :o

StevieTV
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you for reminding me what warm temperatures are like. It will be -15C here tomorrow.

suzy1
01-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Did you just post this to make all of us in the northern hemisphere jealous Sarah?

Its not as bad as Stevie’s Ontario here in Hampshire England, but tomorrow we are getting gale force winds and torrential rain!

So thanks for that :sad:

SUZY

Beth Mays
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Low of 17F tonight with snow showers in Tennessee Mountains... NO sun dress.. Tights, wool skirt, warm sweater!

Foxglove
01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Come to Ireland. You never get any sunshine to sunbathe in. But if you like your skirt being blown up around your waist, we have plenty of wind.

Debra Russell
01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Went to the balloon festival last summer and did the same thing --too much sun, and later that night while relaxing in the hot tub with my wife she noticed the give away tan lines from my peasant blouse, laughed and said how cute.................Debra

DeniseNJ
01-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I always dreamed of laying out by my pool in a 2 piece and using a dark taning oil . I would love to see the results of after a few hot sunny days . to me it would be somewhat erotic seeing the top strap and bikinni lines from the bottom. One can dream can't they

Sarah Jayne
01-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Come to Ireland. You never get any sunshine to sunbathe in. But if you like your skirt being blown up around your waist, we have plenty of wind.

I feel all Marilyn Monroe, either that or I have a hankering for steak and Guinness pie

Foxglove
01-03-2012, 05:43 AM

I feel all Marilyn Monroe, either that or I have a hankering for steak and Guinness pie

Of course, I was also thinking that even if we did get some sunshine now and again, it wouldn't do me a bit of good. I'm one of those people so fair-skinned that when I get out in the sun, I immediately burst into flames. No tan lines ever for me, I'm afraid.

bobbie sue
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I keep tan lines al year i lay in the sun around the pool in summer and tanning bed in summer

Helen_Highwater
01-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Something I've noticed is that males, even in warm sunny weather, tend to wear shirts that have sleeves that cover the bicep. Frowned upon wearing sleeveless T's or a vest to the office. So forearms tanned, elbows upwards not so. Hence when donning a sleeveless blouse or sun dress glaringly white flesh hangs out from the shoulder! Sort of a tan line negative!
Same sort of thing for that tanned vee shaped bit under the neck pointing like an arrow to snowy white cleavage.

Now, where did I leave the self tan?

Acastina
01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
One word: sunscreen. One huge giveaway for CDs is a "farmer's tan" of tanned forearms and white upper arms. Wear a sleeveless top with this, and you're clocked from a block away. I work on getting some sun time on the back patio (morning paper and wireless Internet) in the spring, with spf 70 on the forearms and nothing above, then religiously slather on the 70 for running around in tees and polos everyday. You don't get the look of, say, an heiress who spends 8 hours a day on the tennis courts, but it does give the appearance of an even tone all the way up.

Sunscreen is also good skin health if you're inclined to things like dry skin or rosacea, let alone melanoma.

And just to rub it in to our sisters in frozen climes, we're in a bit of a drought here with day after clear day in the high 50s-low 60s F. The golf has been great, even on dormant grass.

I know. Throw a shoe at her....

Kaz
01-03-2012, 03:54 PM
And just to rub it in to our sisters in frozen climes, we're in a bit of a drought here with day after clear day in the high 50s-low 60s F. The golf has been great, even on dormant grass.

I know. Throw a shoe at her....

Shoe thrown! From the East Coast of the UK all the way to sunny Cal! The sea here is kinda grey with lots of white stuff! But as the gales are coming from the West any surfers (oh yes we do have lots of them!) would be blown out to sea!

Sarah, as to tan lines... wear a top that covers them and enjoy knowing what is beneath!

Stephanie47
01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
This coming spring and summer I'm going to make a concerted effort to spend my male time doing manly chores without a tee shirt. My tan line where my sweat socks end has been noticed by family members so I figure if I wore a sundress or bra outside it would be noticed. The same with wearing strap on shoes.

marny
01-03-2012, 10:29 PM
tan lines are cool!!!!!!! and fun

melina
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I enjoy tanning bed year round. I can get the exact shade I prefer....and G-string tan lines!