PDA

View Full Version : Eryn's First Birthday and a year in the life...

Eryn
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
It was a year ago today that I joined crossdressers.com. It has been a truly amazing year.

I want to thank everyone who has made me feel welcome on the site, addressed my fears, said nice things about me, given me constructive criticism and in many other ways made my life better. A nicer set of people can't be found anywhere. I'm especially thankful for my wonderful Mimi, who is both my wife and my BFF.

I'm a late bloomer, having repressed just about everything that might lead to CDing throughout my life. I toyed about a bit with underwear and makeup, but always carefully put everything away under a heavy layer of shame. Something, I have no idea what, brought things to a head in 2010. I stated to dress more when my family was away and things grew until I decided that I could not keep this a secret much longer.

I discovered this forum and read a lot about how others have come to terms with their CDing. I was amazed to find that there were so many others whose stories were pretty much the same as mine. Armed with at least a rudimentary understanding of myself the next step was to have "the talk" with my wife Mimi.

Actually, it was many talks, which continue to this day. There were tears, fears, and questions I couldn't answer at the time. I showed Mimi this forum and let her do some reading of her own. One of our discussions was about whether I should join the forum. It seems trivial now, but that was a big step for me in acknowledging that I wasn't going to stuff things back into the closet.

Having joined the forum, I started to participate in it. This period was pretty foggy in a pink way and I managed to go too far too fast and worry Mimi. I encouraged her to join the forum herself and she did. I was very worried about our marriage, but Mimi soon put me at my ease. She has been supportive and encouraging in sharing my new adventures.

At this point, the idea of going out in public was completely out of the question in my mind. It just didn't seem possible, but still there was a desire to explore. I looked around for CDing groups, but here in SoCal there are very few. Still, there were a few things I could do at home. I screwed up my courage and bought my first wig, bra, and forms. I got rid of body hair. I also started trying to learn about makeup. My first attempts were pretty shoddy, but I practiced and improved. I started to pay attention to what I saw the GGs around me doing and trying to adapt it to myself.

I had to show someone, so I posted a few pictures to the forum. Looking at them now some of the early ones seem a bit embarrassing, but even the early ones gave me the confidence to persevere.

Up to this point I had been wearing Mimi's clothes, first without her knowledge and later with her permission. Although nice, most of them weren't suitable for me. I had purchased a few pairs of women's jeans and Capris that I was wearing in drab mode. Mimi gave me two beautiful dresses that she had bought but which were too long for her. Those were Eryn's first dresses. We also made our first shoe shopping trip so I would have proper footwear.

Along the way I met Persephone here on the forum due to a serendipitous outside interest. We've developed quite a friendship and Persephone has been a very positive influence on me. She has shown me a lot of things, big and small, about Girl World.

Along comes July, and something amazing happened. I went out! Persephone invited Mimi and I along on a trip to Solvang, and we decided that this would be a good time for Eryn to breathe some fresh air, and breathe I did. Shopping, lunch, dinner, live theater, we had a wonderful time. Extra special was the two separate times in the evening that a GG complimented me on my dress, one of the ones that Mimi had given me. I was on cloud nine!

We also finally found a CDing group and we started to attend their events. It was great to be able to talk to other CDers and their wives in a social environment.

Once out the door, it's difficult not to do it again, and I didn't resist the urge. In the last few months I've been out quite a few times for evenings with Mimi, with our friends, and with the CDing group. I've gone out to dinner, concerts, movies, and shopping. I've learned the joy of shopping dressed (everything is soooo much easier!) and managed to dodge most of the pitfalls that going out dressed might encounter. I've purchased a lot of clothes (darn you, outlet malls!) and was pleased to watch my own style develop. I'm relatively slim and find that I can have a lot of fun with that. Another milestone was when Mimi encouraged me to try laser treatment on my beard, which has been coming along slowly.

My presentation is nowhere near perfect, whatever that is. I'm still a 6'2" woman which tends to turn heads, particularly those of other tall women. I've not had any bad experiences at all while out. I've grown more confident in interacting with people while dressed, while still trying to remember how to behave like a lady.

One thing that has changed is my attitude. I used to be scared to death of someone realizing that I wasn't a woman. After some experience, I realized that there was little chance of anyone being completely sure that I wasn't the gender I was presenting and that doubt is my friend. There are a lot of manly-looking GGs out there so everybody tends to accept me as the gender I'm obviously presenting. With that issue behind me I find that I can really enjoy the sensation of being out and presenting as I wish. It is exhilarating!

The end of the year brought more adventures. The fun of planning for a holiday party, searching out a sexy Little Red Dress, and pulling together a great outfit to "strut my stuff" in was something I've wanted to do, and I did!

The holiday season also brings private time with family, and this season was more special when Mimi gave Eryn a beautiful necklace and bracelet. Eryn didn't forget Mimi either, giving her a matching crystal earring and necklace set.

In summation, I will have to say that this has been an amazing year. I've learned a lot about myself and made many new friends. I'm looking forward to learning more and having more fun experiences in the year ahead.

Hugs to all of you, Eryn

Lori B
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Happy Anniversary Eryn:):hugs:

karanne
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Happy birthday, Eryn, and many more! <passes over a cupcake with a candle>

Debglam
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
A lot of that sounds familiar! :) Here is to an even better 2012 for all of us!

Best to you and Mimi!

Debby

Marleena
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
That's a wonderful story Eryn! This forum has been a godsend for many of us. It's the best thing that happened to me since I came to terms late in life too. Nice to see you have a good support team behind you with your wife too. It's great the forum & members here were involved. Congrats on a great first year here!

Helen Grandeis
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
"...One year older and wiser too! Happy Birthday to you!"
-
I am glad you are living the good life of positive self discovery.
-
Thank you for your insightful responses to my posts.
-
Helen Grandeis

Cynthia Anne
01-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Happy B-day Eyrn! I feel the same way about all the girls here! And BTW I'm a couple of days older then you! I joined on 1-1-11! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Happy birthday Eryn. You have had an incredible year and I can only hope that the next one is even better. You set a high bar for a youngster (started CDing in Sept, and joined here on Thanksgiving day) to follow, but I will be trying. Please give Mimi a big hug

Babes

ReineD
01-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Happy anniversary, Eryn! I'm very happy that both you and Mimi are members here. :hugs:

PretzelGirl
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Hmm.... late bloomer, have another dresser help you out, going out with your wife, and joining groups. Sounds very familiar.

Congrats on a very good year and thank you for you and Mimi being here to share it with us!

Persephone
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Happy Birthday Eryn!

Hugs,
Persephone.

helena.gcd
01-04-2012, 11:30 AM
happy forum birthday!!!
i can see myself in some of the points you relate in you post

michelle50
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
that was beutiful happy birth day Eryn

Momarie
01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Happy anniversary!

Best wishes to both you and Mimi.

Mimi
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Happy birthday to you, Eryn, my beloved spouse and best friend!

Natalie D
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Happy birthday Eryn,
Enjoyed reading your story. I think all of us can relate to it in some way. Its a journey many have already taken and others are still taking.
Why didn't you say it was your birthday we could have thrown a party in the pub to celebrate.
Many happy returns
Natalie..x

Momarie
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Happy birthday to you, Eryn, my beloved spouse and best friend!

Beloved...is there a more beautiful word?

Cindy M
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Happy Birthday Eryn. I'm proud to be friends with you!

docrobbysherry
01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
One small step for TG kind, one GIANT LEAP for Eryn!

From one late bloomer to another, "U GO GIRL"! Great post!

Eryn
01-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Thank you all for your good wishes. Better friends can't be found anywhere! :hugs:

ArleneRaquel
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Eryn,
Congratulations on your first year in the life, at least at this fabulous site, for us you are so blessed there is not finer lifestyle.:)

cassandra54
01-07-2012, 08:14 AM
happy birthday eryn. you are such a lucky girl to have your wife on persephone on board with you and by reading some of your posts, all i can say is you girls ROCK!. keep it up girl. what a great idea to put your birthday down as the day you joined the forum

Sara Jessica
01-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Such a nice story Eryn, thanks so much for sharing and more importantly, congratulations!!! :)