PDA

View Full Version : How many go out, and where?

JessHaust
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi again Ladies,

So now I'm wondering how many of you actually leave the house?
I spent many many years supressing my feelings, but something finally snapped, or really just relaxed enough for me to explore my girly side this year. I have found a local group who coordinates meeting in both public and private spots for us girls. I love it and attend everything I can. I find going out to far more rewarding than anything I have ever done.
I've been to the movies, clubs, restaurants and some private parties for CD's and their friends. It's fantastic and I can't even imagine confining myself to home ever again.
So as I continue to explore myself, I'm trying to understand what the rest of you are doing and how you feel about it.

Karren H
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I left the house 8 years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it...

laceyjessica
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
i have been going shopping, bra panties garter hose heels womans jeans blouse and my mans oversized sweatshirt, kind of crazy i wish i could get the makeup done and hair so at least i can complete the look because definitely if someone recognizes me they will certainly wonder why i am dressed that way

sissystephanie
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Jess, I have been crossdressing for over 60 years. As far as going out is concerned there aren't many places that I have not gone fully dressed enfemme! I have even gone to my main doctor's office dressed enfemme! He obviously knows that I am a CD, and I decided to show him how I dress. Almost 7 years ago I lost my wife to cancer, after almost 50 years of marriage. She was totally supportive of my CD'ing, and always did my makeup and fixed my wig when I went out. Since she died I still go out dressed enfemme, but quite differently. Now I wear no makeup or a wig. I am not that good with either one so decided to just forget it. In the time since she died, the only comments that have been made to me are compliments on my outfits or questions as to where I bought my skirt or top. And believe me, without a wig and makeup I really do look like a man!! Even though I am wearing a skirt or dress! Of course, I do have natural 40 B breasts and that helps.

The main point is that the fears and/or feeling that you have had are totally within you! Most people don't care what you are wearing, as long as you are decent. They just don't pay attention! As I said, I go everywhere. The Malls, grocery shopping, the post office, you name it! And you can do the same thing. Just get dressed and GO!!!

DanaR
01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I started going out about twenty years ago. It is a lot easier today to go out today than what is was twenty years ago. I'm still real careful leaving the house, because the neighbors don't know about me and they don't need to know either. I don't go out anywhere close to home. Most of the time that I go out now is during the day. I used to go out more in the late afternoon or evening.

vivianann
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree Stephanie, we need to get past our fears and get dressed and go out. I finally stepped out of the house six years now, and there is no going back in the closet for me any more. I go everywhere dressed, I went to my dr. appointment last spring enfemme, and my dr. was very accepting, in fact she gave me a big hug and praised me for having the courage to wear a dress. That was a wonderful experience that day. I go shopping at walmart, the mall, my insurance office, dmv, car shows, dances, museums, cross country trips, parts stores, car dealers, I check into hotels enfemme, tourest attractions, bbqs, hollywood, conservative political rallies, met Sarah Palin twice enfemme, I was treated very well by Sarah and Todd. I have been to so many places dressed enfemme and most peaple treat me like I belong there dressed as I am. For me being out and about dressed enfemme has been a wonderful experience in mainstream society.

Lorileah
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM
The old country song. I've been everywhere man I've been everywhere....across the desert bare man breathed the mountain air.

OK I have not been to a biker bar or a right wing political party. They are my bucket list..really I figure that one of those would be the last thing I do ;)

I don't worry about the neighbors even, I dress I walk out to my car, I go.

Cheryl T
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I've been all over Pennsylvania, New Jersey and all of New England. Next I want to go to the Mall of America.

Nikki A.
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm with Lorileah been out & about. Also never been to a Klan meting and that is NOT in my bucket list

karanne
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I go out Monday through Friday for work, and on weekends for the routine stuff ...

Amanda Stubbs
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I've been dressing for as many years as I can remember. I've been going out dressed for almost as many, at least too young to have any fear about it. So as I've grown older it just been a natural thing for me to do.

Like others have posted I've done most things en-femme, from going to a school fate in my youth to my everyday life now. Obviously my family and friends know, anyone who asks about what they've heard I tell, with pride !
During a normal day I dress androgenously, My own long hair, no make-up, trainers or walking boots, jeans, t-shirts or plain blouses, sweaters, fleeces, denim jackets etc. All female, of course. If I'm going clothes shopping I dress with full make-up, it just makes it easier when going to the changing rooms to try things on.

Also I've noticed how little notice anyone ever takes of anyone else, over the years I've had very few negatives. It's really not as bad as some may fear !

Andi 1
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Still stuck in the house :(

carhill2mn
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I go anywhere that I need to unless my male self is expected.

KellyCT2011
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I go to places with not much interaction. Redbox to get a movie, or the bank to the walk up ATM.

StevieTV
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I go anywhere that I need to unless my male self is expected.

I'm the same although I spend about 90% of the time in femal attire.

Lynn Marie
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
What I said yesterday in very similar thread that the OP also posted to!

Mikaela
01-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I've been to a mall during the day once, otherwise I limit myself to TG friendly clubs.

Launa
01-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I haven't gone out much but this is the year to burn some rubber.

Kate17
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
All of the above plus I am going to a biker bar tomorrow night I hope. One of my fondest memories is at a straight bar I go to and that night several ladies were there. We started talking and having fun - girl stuff. I was with a male friend and they said we should come over for their afternon football game parties. Now, no way do I think I really pass so when I left the place, all I could say to my friend is "what the h.. just happened" I must have transported to CD heaven. Go out and have lots of girl fun but be aware, it is addicting.

jamiebabycd22
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I could never go out in public yet, I need to get my confidence and wardrobe up and I'm pretty sure I could be passable. Hats off to all you brave ladies who have been!

NathalieX66
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
The last place I went out publically was at an upscale restaurant a month & a half ago......wore a cowl-neck sweater dress and high heel boots. Being the holiday season, shopping and family, I really didn't have much of a chance to get out much since then. But however, this month is going to be a good time to go out, and I plan on shopping en femme at the mall this weekend. This (with the exception of a week in a tropical place) definitely cures the winter doldrums. I can go anywhere, and every where without any loss of confidence......mainly because I really want to do it that badly sometimes.

PretzelGirl
01-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I like Carole's way of putting it. But I will a certain amount of the optional time is him and some is her. This is done for my wife.

But I am not a bar/club person, but you can throw in just about anything else as far as an activity.

Kali
01-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Out for the first time last night, and had a great time. I just wish most of the events I see weren't at bars/clubs. The volume level makes conversation dificult and I'm there to socialize ;)

linda allen
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I just posted this in another thread so I'll paste it here:

I've been walking in the city parks, walking on walking trails along the highway, I've been to several different malls, I've pumped gas into my vehicle, and I've driven around town (to get to the above).

vivianann
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm with Lorileah been out & about. Also never been to a Klan meting and that is NOT in my bucket list

I have never been to a biker bar either, and I never intend to.
I have never been to a clan meeting either. And to say something about going to a clan meeting is rude and and inconciderate. I am not a racist. And neither are conservatives, that is why I dont care for alot of peaple in the t community because they are rude, judgemental, and they steriotype.

Carol A
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
The wife and I have been going out together since day one as it was a real turn on for her. After 47 years of marriage she doesn't know the difference.
All I can say is just do it and the more you do it the more normal it becomes.

Mikaela
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
why I dont care for alot of peaple in the t community because they are rude, judgemental, and they steriotype.

I see what you did there.
Bwahahaha

StaceyJane
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I love going out dressed and I've gone to a bunch of places in the Dallas area.
I've made videos of myself en femme in Cowboys Stadium, Downtown Dallas (West End area), on the TRE and at the Texas State Fair.

rian
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
i WISH iCAN GO OUT ,,,i LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE IT IS DANGEREOUS FOR MY SECURITY...YET LOVE TO GO OUT ...HOPEFULLY ONE DAY ...

Kaz
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM
i WISH iCAN GO OUT ,,,i LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE IT IS DANGEREOUS FOR MY SECURITY...YET LOVE TO GO OUT ...HOPEFULLY ONE DAY ...

Have the dream... it is a great experience! But scary as hell! And I have always played safe... no biker bars for Kaz! But the other dude plays awesome guitar in the biker bars! Will be at the Isle of Man in the summer... we currently have more gigs that days out there!

Kaz is not so much the biker rock chick...! Maybe she should be?!

sweetvictoria
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I have been out many times. I sarted out driving around and then started stopping for gas. I then moved to walking in parks. I have now moved up to restaurants and shopping (that was great). I am not into bars and clubs. I have had a lot of fun.

Lucypink
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
I have been going out in femme for about 8 years, just a little time affter I joined this group and started to learn more on CDing.

Each year I get better at it, and I go to more places dressed specally when out of town. Lately, I have been enjoying going out during the day to shop, to have breakfast and Lunch.

As some have said here, the fear was within my self and when I over pass that fear part of me was born, and another level of enjoyment came with it.

Now I have to go out more often than before, and each time I want to improve my looks, my clothing, my maners and everything in order to look more femenine.

I am 6' tall so with heeals I always caught the attention of people, but this last time I had a couple that was looking at me, and she was telling him that I was a man, but he was not sure, they had to come closer while I was between clothing in a deparment store to be totally convinced, I had a Blast!

As I said, I love shopping, and the best is to try on clothes and get good comments on the looks, last time I tried a awsome floral dress, and another customer gave me great comments, she was so pleased on how the dress looked on me that she tried it also, she was kinda disapointed because it didn't look so good on her. I coudn't fit in my self, It was one of the best things that has happened while CDing.

I hope we still had the option to paste pictures on our profile, this site was lots of fun with that option.

love.. Lucy!

Acastina
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I have never been to a biker bar either, and I never intend to.
I have never been to a clan meeting either. And to say something about going to a clan meeting is rude and and inconciderate. I am not a racist. And neither are conservatives, that is why I dont care for alot of peaple in the t community because they are rude, judgemental, and they steriotype.

Sorry, but I've read and re-read Lorileah's and Nikki's posts, and I don't see anything directed toward you personally.

Eryn
01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
So now I'm wondering how many of you actually leave the house?...

Wow, I could have written your post. Everything rings true to me!

I was scared to death of going out. No way a 6'2" woman could pass, right?

Then I did it, spending an entire weekend en femme in a tourist town 100 miles from home with my wife and friends. Drove there dressed, drove home dressed. Nothing bad happened.

Then I did it again, driving 60 miles to a CDer dinner by myself. Again nothing bad happened.

Since then I've been just about everywhere I wanted to go. Shopping (so much easier en femme), theatres, concerts, dinners, and a lot of strolls through malls.

Now, I haven't gone to clubs (don't dance), biker bars (no Harley) or Klan meetings (robes make me look fat). I don't think I've missed anything. :)

Rachel Morley
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi Jess,

Like you I am a member of a support group (River City Gems (http://www.rivercitygems.org/index.html) in my case) and their events are a mix of both public and private events. I also go out with my wife just to do things together. I go to pretty much most places "Joe Public" goes. Things like movies, bars, clubs, restaurants, a play at a theater, museums, shopping at the mall, grocery shopping, cycling, Ive even been bowling en femme. I've never been to a ball game en femme but that's because I don't like sports rather than anything else.

Once the "going out genie" is out of the bottle there's no way she'll ever go back in :)

JessHaust
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Now, I haven't gone to clubs (don't dance),

I don't dance either, but the gay/lesbian clubs are kind of 'safe zones'.

Elana
01-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been starting to go out more often these past few months. Some outings have been to a local CD social club called Carla's around my area, a few up in the city, one time shopping, a few times going to dance clubs.

kellytea59
01-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm very very in the closet. There are just too many people that would be hurt if I came out. So I only dress while out of town over 300 miles from home. I've gone out it Boston , New York, Las Vegas and Portland. Loved it .. I felt so free.

Paula T
01-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Darn near every week at least once to a gay bar where we are welcomed and treated extra nice. I usually shop a couple of places before I go to the bar. I went to target and Payless shoes last thursday.

JessHaust
01-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm very very in the closet. There are just too many people that would be hurt if I came out
Of course I don't know you or any of the people who would be hurt, but in my experience, and those retold many times on this forum, is that people can surprise you. It is really amazing the capacity for understanding people have. Espesially those who love you.

Missy Tanya
01-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Been going anywhere I want to as of late. Still many first for Tanya, but she is taking one off almost every time out. I've found if you present yourself with confidence, looks don't mater as much. Lucky for me!! lol

Just hold your head up, smile when eye contact is made, and be polite and courteous as your mommy taught you, and enjoy the fresh air.

Tanya

docrobbysherry
01-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I think about it all the time, Jess! I think how lucky I am that no one forces me to go out dressed!

I look at Sherry in the mirror. When she's half dressed in a stripper/belly dancer outfit. And, I think to myself, "Yes. I definitely want to change into some shapeless, boring, brown, age appropriate granny outfit, go to the mall and hear folks laff and make snide comments. And maybe, run into one of my daughter's teachers!"

JessHaust
01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I think about it all the time, Jess! I think how lucky I am that no one forces me to go out dressed!

I look at Sherry in the mirror. When she's half dressed in a stripper/belly dancer outfit. And, I think to myself, "Yes. I definitely want to change into some shapeless, boring, brown, age appropriate granny outfit, go to the mall and hear folks laff and make snide comments. And maybe, run into one of my daughter's teachers!"

No one will ever force you out honey. But I think you would be surprised at the lack of those expected laughs and snide comments.
I felt exactly the same way before I went out, and it was an exelerating feeling when the first group of people walked past me without the slightest responce.
You have to do what you will do in your own time, but I hope someday you will get to feel the excitement of going out.

nikitataylor0210
01-07-2012, 02:00 AM
After 2 years of getting dolled up, driving to a Tg-club and sitting outside trying to muster the courage to go in, I finally bought the bullet and went into one back in 2006. Since then I slowly progressed from Tg-only-clubs to gay/tg friendly places, to lesbian clubs, and eventually to restaurants for dinner + straight/gay lounges. Last year, went on a couple of daytime shopping spree's with a good friend (tg) of mine. Loved every moment of it, has made me stronger personally and more confident... I still remember sitting in the car staring at people enter clubs.... sigh...

one important factor , california in general is a bit more tg-friendly, i even escaped a ticket from law enforcement once :)

GBJoker
01-07-2012, 02:15 AM
I don't go out at all. Simply put, I don't feel safe, and there's no where to go, and no friends to hang out with.

How I feel about it, crappy. As I've said several times on here, I'd like to reach the point where I wake up in the morning and just grab whatever's on top of the clothes pile, M or F, and just go about my day.

I think I've quite a ways to go before that though.

eluuzion
01-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Do you mean "out" to places like The Blue Note, Terilli’s, Morton’s, Chop House, etc? :D
Well yes, but not when dressed. But I will admit to stumbling out of a couple of those places after some late night partying when I lived in Dallas for a few years, lol. One of the best “chic” cities on the planet! Women do not even take out their trash without being dressed to kill. I have some great memories from those days…and fortunately…no children exist (that I know of) that could document any of that period…:daydreaming:

Ok, sorry…back on topic.
Yes, I have gone out several times, but many have been odd circumstances.

-Prior to my divorce (years ago), I went downtown a few times to sit in a public park and watch my cheating wife have lunch outside on a patio lounge with one of her secret boyfriends.

-Same drill…but it was for private surveillance work for a couple of clients.

-I go out to just drive around …mostly after dark.

- I got pulled over for a vehicle search one time by interstate highway Drug Task Force agents outside St. Louis while traveling cross-country. My car and custom rear spoiler apparently red-flagged me as a drug lord hauling drugs. Their critique of my appearance was less than flattering…to say the least…lol. (but I did manage to drive away free…)

-For some odd reason, I have started a routine of going out to drop off work to clients (1 minute task at destination) dressed… but wearing a baseball cap, shades and a baggy tennis warm-up to disguise my make-up. After the drop-off I quickly revert back to the LBD and 5” pumps for the ride home. I must be starved for adventure.

Etc. etc. :hugs:

:love:

Kaz
01-07-2012, 03:07 AM
For some odd reason, I have started a routine of going out to drop off work to clients (1 minute task at destination) dressed… but wearing a baseball cap, shades and a baggy tennis warm-up to disguise my make-up. After the drop-off I quickly revert back to the LBD and 5” pumps for the ride home. I must be starved for adventure.:love:

I almost invariably drive to work dressed (90 minutes) stop half way and have a walk about... change in the car... same on the way home!

Don't do bars and clubs... past my sell by date! I do hotels and serviced apartments and general walkabout...:heehee:

noeleena
01-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Hi,

Im a member of 7 groups & dress in period dress for two in front of many 100's of people. i do photography as well so lots more people, outings that cover other peoples places , gardens dances with in one of our groups Scottich soc plus other evenings ,

Heritage week we can have 2000 to 3000 & more people come = History of Oamaru a town of 16.000 & some of us dress up in 1900 to 1910 clothes. & others in Victorian clothes, So yes i get about a bit & meet many people. of cause im well known as well.

Where i live Waimate, we have under 5.000 people & we do many different things again dressed up. Strawberry Fair we can have up to 2000 this time was about 1500. people come & our Edwardian group gets dressed for that. our family come Jos & our daughter & her 4 kids. some times im dressed for that & have been .

the boreing details shoping with Jos go see friends & meet people we know at many shops & have done over 16 years,

Now i spos the ? is how am i dressed. somes times like in my avatar or other clothes i wear.

I do traval around N Z & see & meet with others i know, mainly the south isl.

...noeleena...

Jenniferathome
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM
I have yet to go out in a group so, when out alone, I try to confine myself to where a natural woman WOULD walk alone: shopping. That means the mall or downtown shopping blocks. The bottom line is, when I dress, I go out. My wife has promised to go out with me and in that case, everything is open. I can't wait.

darci.c
01-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I have for about 2 years now. I think it saved my life.

Patrice_CD
01-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't get out as much as I would like but when the opportunity is there, I go for it. Matter of fact I'm going out tonight :)

jillleanne
01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Where ever we want to, my s/o and I. I will shop alone sometimes if she's not up to it some days, but usually we go together. I value her opinion on stuff so I prefer her with me to save having to return stuff. So we go dining, shopping, travelling, Nascar races and local speedways, etc.

vivianann
01-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Sorry, but I've read and re-read Lorileah's and Nikki's posts, and I don't see anything directed toward you personally.

I have been accused of.going to clan rallies by peaple in the trans community right to my face because I am conservative. I am familiar with the slight jabs to avoid the radar of the moderators on this forum.

morgan51
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Went to the tattoo shop yesterday as my girlself had a great day 12 + hours and driving both ways dinner as well what a nice time. It is truly a blessing to be able to relax and have fun. Its taken a while to figure out I'm not doing anything wrong and this is my authentic self. Each time I get out I get a little more confidence. It was difficult to start though. Needing this so badly has propelled me out the door and continues to.Great thread thanks!

Paula_56
01-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I left the house 8 years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it...

8 years ago Karen, you better get back home!!!!!!

Michaella
01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I only went out in public for the first time about 5 years ago, and loved it. Circumstances prohibit my going out very often, so it's only been about 15, maybe 20 times all told. And as I age I am feeling less confident, but I am hoping I can make it happen again.

I've been to stores, restaurants, plays, films, concerts, operas (really nice, as you can dress up and still blend in), a book club meeting (where they all knew me), museums, parks, on subways, buses, trains, and ferries (no planes, doubt that will happen.)

Don't feel it is something you have to do to please others. If you enjoy it, good. If you don't, and want to keep cross-dressing private, that's good too. If you do go out, it may be best if you can go with someone else, and have some pleasant activities planned, things you would enjoy doing anyway, so that you are not concentrated on just the dressing, but can watch the show or whatever, be with your companion, and have a good time. The dressing will still be enjoyable, but you'll feel less stressed, I'm sure.

Michaella

kellytea59
01-10-2012, 07:22 AM
I wanted to go to the Diva's Las Vegas show but my S.O. was so worried that we would be seated with someone who would not approve and give is a hard time she just said no.

rnkaari
01-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I want to go out..Any one know of good places in queens NY..??

patti1569
01-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm brand new to the going out thing, but my plan is to attend a local group meeting. After the meeting there is a party at a local club. I've been scoping it out for years now and have finaly taken my first baby steps to get there by leaving my apartment.

WyomingDiva
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Went to the tattoo shop yesterday as my girlself had a great day 12 + hours and driving both ways dinner as well what a nice time. It is truly a blessing to be able to relax and have fun. Its taken a while to figure out I'm not doing anything wrong and this is my authentic self. Each time I get out I get a little more confidence. It was difficult to start though. Needing this so badly has propelled me out the door and continues to.Great thread thanks!The truth is, I suggested s/he do it. You're welcome, baby!