PDA

View Full Version : Haven't posted in a while. Good news, though.

Loretta
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Bad news? I live in the middle of nowhere, and the best internet I can hope for is
dial-up at 2.5 Kbps. So, I don't have internet.
Good news? My mom (who told me that I should get FFS, and would fully be behind me in everything I did) and dad have both rallied behind me and my TG tendencies.
I went and saw a gender therapist, and she recommended I live as a woman in order
to decide if it was right for me.
So, for the last 2 months, I've been living as Loretta. I've grown out my hair and nails, I've seemingly mastered makeup and mannerisms, and have lost 30 pounds (Which resulted in the happy side effect of losing a shoe size! I'm now a size 9!)

I've been looking for work in my little town, and found something that is TG friendly!
The interview went well, so I do have a chance of getting a job!

Before I moved, my aunt took me on a $500 shopping spree for new clothes, shoes, jewelery, and makeup, as a goodbye present.
And to top things off, there's going to a drag pageant coming up at the local bar pretty soon!

I've grown so used to being a full-time woman that I don't really want to go back.
Oh, and one more thing. I've been thinking about my name, and I think that Yvonne is a better name, don't you?
I'm so happy!:c9:

Ashley S
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
That's awesome, I think congratulations are in order.:thumbsup:

I hope it all continues to go well for you. :)

Josie M
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
That sounds wonderful :)

Crysten
01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Very awesome! Many of us older folks can only look back and wish our parents were supportive. Some were mean, if not brutal, while most were just ignorant and terrified and no help at all. May you lead the life that will make you happy, with the full support of a loving family :-)

Barbara Ella
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Congratulations, Yvonne. Stay the course and grab that dream by the ponytail and don't let go

Babes

sissystephanie
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
May I also congratulate you, Yvonne! Yes, do change your name and what ever else needs changing!! It is your life, to live as you see fit! So do it!!

crossIsFun
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Bad news? I live in the middle of nowhere, and the best internet I can hope for is
Good news? My mom (who told me that I should get FFS, and would fully be behind me in everything I did) and dad have both rallied behind me and my TG tendencies.
I went and saw a gender therapist, and she recommended I live as a woman in order
to decide if it was right for me.
So, for the last 2 months, I've been living as Loretta. I've grown out my hair and nails, I've seemingly mastered makeup and mannerisms, and have lost 30 pounds (Which resulted in the happy side effect of losing a shoe size! I'm now a size 9!)

I've been looking for work in my little town, and found something that is TG friendly!
The interview went well, so I do have a chance of getting a job!

Before I moved, my aunt took me on a $500 shopping spree for new clothes, shoes, jewelery, and makeup, as a goodbye present.
And to top things off, there's going to a drag pageant coming up at the local bar pretty soon!

I've grown so used to being a full-time woman that I don't really want to go back.
Oh, and one more thing. I've been thinking about my name, and I think that Yvonne is a better name, don't you?
I'm so happy!:c9:

That is so awesome! You have got to be feeling SOOOO GOOD!!!! I'm smiling for you!

Renee W
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM
:c9:

Try looking into satellite for your internet. I am also rural, so my only options were dial-up or satellite. There are 2 main players: Wild Blue and HughesNet. Top speed on either is 1.5 mb and there are latency issues sometimes, but it sure beats dial-up.

Kristy_K
01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
That is really great. I am very happy for you. Hang in there and you will make it. Pick a name that you like hearing all the time and you are proud of.

Kristy

rebecca34
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Wow, that is GREAT news! Good luck to you honey, it sounds like you've cracked it. Hats off to your family for being supportive too, that's a lovely thing. The further I got reading your post, the more it just made me smile. Good for you. :)

xx Becca xx

kimdl93
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
That is wonderful, Loretta. I am thrilled with life has progressed for you.

Tina B.
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I wondered what had become of you, glad to hear it's such good news, It sounds like you are loving being full time, that's great that you can live it your way! Get hold of someone on this site and get that name changed, after all if you are going to live it full time, you will confuse people if you go by one name to long, and then change it on them, so do it quick, Yvonne, if you feel better as a Yvonne, you don't want people thinking of you as a Loretta.
Keep us posted as to how things go as you live this new life, after all you are living a lot of peoples fantasy, and we are going to follow your story very closely.
Tina B.

calebsmithxd
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Congrats Yvonne! Thanks for updating us on these positive developments in your life.

ThiHi
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Congratulations, and enjoy your journey!

As an aside, I bet there are many who don't know how rural california can get, and fast

Cynthia Anne
01-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Yvonne! I'll call you anything that makes you happy! In fact I think I will call you the happiest girl in the whole USA! I'm happy for you! Hugs!