PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happend at the salon

Michelle James
01-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Recently my stylist moved to a new place. The old place was very TG friendly and even has a private room should you be shy. This worked out well for me when I needed my hair cut because as a rule no-one sees me without my wig.

So a few weeks back I needed a haircut and decided to try her at the new place. I called and made an appointment and showed up at the right time. The salon was just an open space with an elderly barber up front and the 2 stylists in the remaining two stations. Oddly this didn't phase me like it would have in the past. I sat down in the chair and we chatted for a few minutes and then I removed my wig and we went to the shampoo bowl. The cut was routine and quick since I get it real short and no one is ever going to see it anyway. I put my wig back on and paid for the cut. As I was leaving I asked her if she thought the old guy could handle it. She said she would let me know.

Yesterday I went for another cut and she gave me the story on the old guy:
As soon as I left after the first haircut he came over to her and told her he was confused. "First I looked over and you were cutting a woman's hair. A few minutes later I looked over and you were cutting a man's hair. Then I looked back and you are cutting a woman again. I don't understand" They went back and forth about it but she's convinced he just didn't get it.
Yesterday was his day off so I couldn't explain it to him.
By the time she finished telling the story we were all laughing.
Me, my stylist, the other stylist, 2 young (ish) girls there for appointments all finding this just a riot.

sissystephanie
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
That really is a funny story. But the best thing is that you got your hair cut the way you wanted, and had no problems! I have been getting mine cut by the same lady for about 20+ years. She has moved 3 different times, but I just go to her new place!