PDA

View Full Version : Feeling naked in leggings

angpai30
01-06-2012, 12:34 AM
I went out yesterday in some leggings and a blue shirt. The whole time I was out I felt like I was naked. I asked a gg how she felt and she said she felt the same way when only wearing leggings and a shirt. She suggested I wear I longer shirt to help with the naked feeling. Does anyone else feel this way when in leggings and what is a goods remedy?

Kristen

AllieSF
01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Funny you should mention this. I have not gone out like that, ..... yet. But I think the same way. I see girls wearing the tight leggings and basically you see the shape of everything, so to me, the feeling is very justified. I like the longer tunic approach.

BillieJoEllen
01-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I only wear leggings in the spring and fall while riding my bicycle. I can't say that I feel 'naked' but I do feel a bit vulnerable.

Eryn
01-06-2012, 02:34 AM
I think that only young women can get away with the shirt and leggings thing. Older ladies are better off with tunics and sweater dresses. in fact that is one of my favorite looks.

joanna marie
01-06-2012, 03:09 AM
interesting side note
tunic and leggings was considered male clothing in the middle ages

Pythos
01-06-2012, 03:30 AM
I wear leggings almost daily, in a tunic style. The naked feeling goes away quite quickly, and it changes to a nice feeling. It also depends greatly on the material and quality. Cheap cotton lycra leggings (the more popular style sadly) are horrible at being transparent. Nylon lycra (the almost shunned, shiny variety) are less likely to be transparent.

I always check just how worn or transparent my leggings are before I head out.

Jonianne
01-06-2012, 04:04 AM
There are actually someweb sites titled "leggings are not pants!". I wear leggings all the time now in drab, since it's cold, under my cargo shorts. Saves from having to have my 24" pant legs hemmed, it's impossible to find pants in my size off the shelf. So as long as I know I have my shorts on, I don't feel naked, but I have had the fear, like in a dream, that I forgot my shorts and just had the leggings on. A sight you never want to see!

erickka
01-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Kinda sorta, that's maybe why I wear tunics or longer tops with leggings too.

Nicola2876
01-06-2012, 06:44 AM
I know what you mean as I saw a girl wearing leggings and a top and you could see her panties. I thought "I have thicker tights than that" Maybe she forgot to put her skirt on

Beth Mays
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
It would depend on the age "look" you are going for. If you are younger, and have the figure that can pull it off, then go for it. Think too where you will be wearing this, if to a place where others will be dressed the same then it will be less noticeable.
Young GG want to be noticed (boys to) so they will often wear things that may not "fit in" among people who are older.
I would remember this... wear what looks good on you not what you WANT to look good in.

Beth

noeleena
01-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi,

For my self i wear skirts allmost every day with sneakers or if im going out shoes or in winter boots no pants slacks or leggings depends on how long your skirts are,
most of mine are long. only 3 are knee length . now i do have tights or Panty hose.& winter tights .

leggings never thought of buying or wearing them.

heck what have i missed...... proberly not a lot, oh are they coloured, pink of cause other wise ....no....

...noeleena...

audreyinalbany
01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I recently bought a sweater dress that I love. Problem is, it's kind of short. If I were 20 I'd probably wear it with legging, but at my age (57) it really only works with a skirt.

Nicole Brown
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
I got over the "feeling naked" sensation rather quickly. I now enjoy wearing my leggings with either a long sweater or a sweater dress.

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I love leggings, especially the way they wrap around my legs.

Marleena
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Kristen, I'm an older chick and I base many of my outfits on leggings. I choose tops that will cover my rear end though. They are a great look in that scenario. I have seen younger girls get away with only using leggings as basically pants though.

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM
My tops are usually blouses and a skirt that covers where I need to be covered. Leggings are fantastically sexy IMHO. Sorry for the imcomplete earlier post.

Tina B.
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I love leggings, I'm older, but I wear them a size larger than I could, so they are not to tight, tunic style, and I love that feeling that there is little to nothing there.
Tina B.

monalisa
01-06-2012, 09:18 AM
just wear a skirt over the leggings and you will feel fine

Jenny Doolittle
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow! I wish I would be brave enough, or thought i looked young enough to even think about pulling that off!

I know my limitations, but I am happy for you.

Krististeph
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I actually kind of like the feeling- it is a little weird, but (alas) you get used to it. :-(
One of my favorite looks is a long sweater that's a bit too short to be a sweater dress, (the hem of the skirt is at miniskirt to microskirt height) with substantial opaque leggings and over-the-calf boots. I sat with a girl in the Denver Airport a few years ago waiting to head home from business, she had an outfit like that on. I complimented her on her boots, (they were great, 4' heels) and we talked some. We had a few drinks, and complimented her on her boots and outfit again, then we played fashion commentator and police. She asked if i was gay, the answer was 'not really', which got her attention, and after clarifying what 'not really' meant we talked about clothes and psychology and stuff til our flights. Turns out we were on the same flight, so we juggled seats and sat together on one of the last flights out before the storm closed the airport for the night.
I just saw a similar outfit in our local library a week ago, still a great look!

file:///C:/Users/john/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png

I don't know how to add pictures yet here is a link to see what I mean:

http://www.thefashionablebambino.com/2011/12/14/budget-friendly-holiday-fashion-tips-for-the-fashionista/&docid=r5MQMUaI5X4dVM&imgurl=http://www.thefashionablebambino.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sweater.png&w=390&h=391&ei=YREHT8iHN8SLgwfDh-WhAg&zoom=1&biw=960&bih=448

Or google : Sweater with leggings

Have fun!

Cheryl T
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Depends on the type of leggings. If they are the footless tights variety, then yes...it does feel a bit exposed. It's like wearing a skirt that is a bit too short. You always seem to be tugging it down and that's a sign that's not good.
If they are the heavier leggings that are more on the order of pants, then no. But then I always wear a long tunic top or sweater dress that covers down to almost mid-thigh with them so it's not that exposed anyway.

kimdl93
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm not all that shy, but I really try to be a tad on the conservative side in my public attire. I love the look of tunics and leggings, but concerned that they were meant for smaller, and alas, younger women than myself.

shawn123
01-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I like wearing a tiny mini-skirt over them. I have one I could never get away with by itself, but with leggings under it, it's fine.

Faye56
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
The ' Naked Feeling ' passed by and with a long tunic style top or as today when I visited my sister ( a confirmed leggings wearer ) a long sweater I feel confident wearing leggings .

Kaz
01-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I LOVE leggings because you get to wear long sweaters and tunics! Just remember to keep your naughty bits covered and it is cool!

jillleanne
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Like Kaz says, 'get tucked'. I have way too many leggings and I always wear either a skirt above the knees or long sweater just above the knees with any of them regardless whether they have feet in them or not. I also wear boots with them alot( ones with feet) or heels with the feetless ones( can get very cold on the feet though). I hate the fact they want to pull down all the time though. Maybe that's why I prefer a garter belt and hose.

LoriFlores
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I LOVE leggings because you get to wear long sweaters and tunics! Just remember to keep your naughty bits covered and it is cool!

Kaz I love that look! I was in a sporting goods store today and a GG who was looking at the same Under Armour tights as I was really put togther wonderfully. So much so that I came right home and ordered a clearance sweater dress from Victoria's Secret that matches the one she was wearing. I just need to pick up some brown tights to go with it.

I really love the leggings/tights look!! I'm not sure if feeling naked, or feelin great, better describes leggings :battingeyelashes:

Michaella
01-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I'd love to have that "naked" feeling! If I feel confident enough to go out again I may try a leggings / tunic look. The only concern would be covering the bulge at the front . . . . I do like the skin - tight look and feel. Love it on women.

Michaella

carnut62
01-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I wear leggings as a guy without skirt. I usually wear them to bed with a tshirt. I have paid for pizza this way and gone out to get the news paper. New tshirts that haven't shrunk are good, wish I could find some longer male tshirts. I also wear them to yoga in the winter out in public with just a tshirt, usually from car to studio and back. Bike riders wear tights all the time.

I have never felt naked though.

xcdmargo
01-08-2012, 12:02 AM
I love wearing leggings they are so comfortable. I do always wear a longer top or sweater to cover up the male parts. I wear them often when traveling and to run errands.
I think they're great

UNDERDRESSER
01-08-2012, 01:03 AM
I only wear leggings in the spring and fall while riding my bicycle. I can't say that I feel 'naked' but I do feel a bit vulnerable.
Personally, this is one reason I like cycling, I can wear this stuff in public, as a male, and get away with it. I used to feel a little self conscious, but not lately. I go to work, shop, go to the coffee shop, all in cycling tights or shorts. Feels good, I haven't had a negative comment in years, hardly get a look these days.

karanne
01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
No, I love leggings! I prefer the footed style, and try to wear them at work with a skirted suit instead of pantyhose, or when I know Bitch!Boss won't be there. When I'm out 'n' about I'll wear them with a short denim skirt, long sweater or a sweater dress and my favorite knee boots (4" stiletto heels).

About the only times I wear shorts is when I'm doing some physical labor like gardening or mowing the lawn and I need to wear protective footwear. I love skirts!

rachaelsloane
01-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I have not gone out wearing legging and a long-sweater or top, but do lounge around the house as it is more comfortable.

StarrOfDelite
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I like this look because the long sleeved sweaters or shirts de-emphasize masculine shoulders and arms, and also have the benefit, if they are of sufficient length, to obscure skinny, flat masculine butts. I wear this type of thing with a pair of Doc Martens eight inch hiking/combat look boot.

Laura-uk
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
U got it in one, Kaz! As long as the naughty bits aren't bulging out its all good, I can't b bothered to tuck so wear a longer top too & also (like ) wear them under my work trousers cuz its so cold where I work. Like others here I love the feeling but u like most the naked feeling does not go away, probably cuz I like showing my skinny figure off.
Also love to see girls with the panty line, doesn't work on the larger figure in my opinion
I don't care if they go back out of fashion I'll wear em anyway :)

Beverley Sims
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
In Switzerland I wear 2 pairs of leggings under my long coat.
It's a bit cold here.
I could be wearing a short skirt under all that.
Where's Karen?

suchacutie
01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I also love leggings and tunic-length tops! Everything is covered but only just!

tina

Pythos
01-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Okay, have to say this.

Naked feeling.....yea, um. Try this out. Get a good fitting pair of nylon lycra leggings. One morning when you choose them to wear, strip naked, and put them on. Then put whatever shirt or top or skirt or whatever you are wearing that day. Then go to put your shoes on. Actually no on the skirt, otherwise it is the same as wearing tights with a skirt. Just wear a long sweater, or shirt with just the leggings. (like I said good quality ones, not any cheap cotton lycra garbage).

I recall my first time wearing my leggings like this, the odd sensation as I put on and tied up my boots as I was wearing only my shiny black leggings and a long shirt was at first troubling and then for lack of a better term liberating. I could not believe how it felt to be wearing only that relatively thin and shiny material below my waist, and later how natural it felt.

You WILL feel naked, and after a time you don't want to feel anything else.

But the important thing is the quality of the leggings and how worn out they are. (after getting mine on I check for transperancy issues, if they are tranparent they get retired) I have some pairs that are nearly 5 years old, and are still in good shape, and I wear them as well as newer ones like this almost on a daily basis. Sometimes I will wear hose underneath if it is cold. Every now and then I will keep some briefs on to remind myself of why I like going commando :P

But yes, there can be times you feel quite naked.

Nichola
01-09-2012, 07:51 AM
I love leggings, but just make sure nothings showing unless you're wearing something long over the top:heehee: