PDA

View Full Version : unnoticable makeup in public?

Krististeph
01-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi,
I used to do medical equipment servicing and field engineering. During that period I discovered the fun of putting on sheer, transparent, or neutral makeup while at work

clear or light mascara
lip gloss
bit of powder

Does anyone else wear subtle makeup in public while in drab?

Nowadays: i put on the following before running or cycling;
Maybelline Express nail color- #40: blushing bride. It is a light pink fleshtone.
clear or light mascara
lip gloss

Vera wang perfume.

( I also wear female sized bike shoes, womens' shorts or liner.)

JessGold
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
In drab, I wear very light foundation (alleviates some of the redness from psoriasis affected areas), mascara and chapstick/lipgloss.

prettytoes
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I use light brown mascara (matches my natural hair color), or sometimes clear mascara. Sometimes I also use very light eyeshadow that is very discreet. It just makes me feel good!

Trish
01-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I use light eyeshadow, eyeliner and some eyebrow pencil to bring out my eye brows. They almost don't exist with out some help.

DonnaT
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Lipstick and foundation, sometimes.

minalost
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Clear mascara and a tinted lip balm. Thinking about changing the mascara to a light brown if I can find some. I've looked and can only find black and black/brown (which is just black!). Even clear is hard to come by sometimes. I also wear clear nail polish on my toe nails, and fem length and shaped finger nails (no polish though...). My eyebrows are very plucked and fem shapped - no shadow or coler here.

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2012, 05:30 PM
When in male mode I never use female cosmetics.

Anna Lorree
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I wear Mascara and lip gloss, have worn clear nail polish, and will often wear a woman's t-shirt under my flannel shirt. Beyond that, I under-dress. I have noticed that Wrangler makes 2 styles of woman's jeans with "normal" back pocket embroidery (no bling), which look much like the men's jeans they sell. I'm thinking of trying those.

Anna

minalost
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I wear Mascara and lip gloss, have worn clear nail polish, and will often wear a woman's t-shirt under my flannel shirt. Beyond that, I under-dress. I have noticed that Wrangler makes 2 styles of woman's jeans with "normal" back pocket embroidery (no bling), which look much like the men's jeans they sell. I'm thinking of trying those.

Anna

I love to wear women's jeans (Hi Karren!), but there is no room in the pockets! I'd love to carry a purse to compensate, but that just isn't possible at this time... sigh...

Vivianatv
01-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I use every day a light foundation, lipstick and gross same color of my lips, rose in sheers and a very light eye shadow, all from L'oreal and Lancome. Also I apply some eye pencil to by eyebrows which I use in some fem plucked shape... But what makes me feel also really fem when I use bras and fem underwear. I use Calvin Klein Seamless Bikini every time, is comfortable and sexy. I can only use bras on winter which I hide using sweaters all day long. I am lucky my wife let me used it and we share our makeup.

Acastina
01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I sometimes have rosacea flareups (relatively minor from what I see on the Web) and started wearing neutral powder to cover it up somewhat. Lately I've been adding a hint of blush, sometimes a bit of subtle eyeshadow, and tinted lip balm. I got to like how it looks so much that it's now my everyday setup, regardless of how the complexion is that day. I wear glasses full-time (except when we're out sometimes––vanity), and that helps to keep people from noticing the shadow and my plucked (moderately arched) eyebrows (I think). Colored polish on my toenails, year 'round (a soft pearl in summer and pretty darn red right now), and usually clear on my fingernails, at least buffed to a shine. Right hand has nicely shaped longer nails, left cut short for guitar playing.

cdtraveler
01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
have hooded eye lids so can wear light toned eyeshadow and have recently begun to shape my fingernails but no polish. have also occationally applied foundation. didn't dare try any of this until you girls started to put these ideas into my head!

Cassandra Lynn
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Plucked and shaped (though not real thin, semi-arched) eye brows which i darken, dark brown or black mascara applied to both lashes (not too terribly thick unless i'm not going somewhere i need to worry about running into someone i know), and sometimes eye liner (liquid; also dark brown or black) thinly applied, none below the eye.
I use some but not as much when i'm at work.

The nails are pretty noticeable during the weekend, but not at work. I do them in a clear coat topped with a mixture of sparklies and a touch of pink mixed in. I keep the nails at about an 1/8" of an inch, some are a little longer. I also use a Sally Hansen white marker pencil inside the nail to achieve a french tip look.

Dawn cd
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
I often wear a tinted moisturizer while in drab along with a hint of blush topped with powder. Sometimes there's a thin line of eyeliner below the eyes, some brown pencil to darken my white-turning brows, and of course tinted lip balm. A spritz of scent and I'm ready to go.

JessHaust
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
When I wear makeup it's smokey eyes and red lips! When I'm girly, I real girly. When i'm a man I want to look like one.
This brings up the question I have aked my wife for years. Why spend all the time and effort to put on makeup, if the results are invisible?

Stephenie S
01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Listen, sweetie. Makeup is supposed to be unnoticeable. It's just you only better.

S

Rachel Morley
01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
In boy mode (outside of work) I wear black mascara, neutral lipstick/lip gloss and a nail polish color that is not too "in your face" or too noticeable ... but it is noticeable if you look close enough :)

winny
01-07-2012, 09:47 AM
most of the time i wear a light eyeshadow, black mascara, blush and lipstick.. fingernails and toenails a light pink.. noticeable only if very closely examined..

Krististeph
01-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Two different things i think- for me, or some of us- the question i asked has to do with being able to wear a little makeup for our own reasons. GG's use makeup to reduce imperfections or enhance- but there is no real desire to use it. For TGs dressing up, and for special occasions- makeup is a fun thing to change your image. I suppose there are a lot of different reasons, all of them legit, for wearing makeup, just like there are more than just one or two reasons people crossdress.

Krististeph
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I understand what you are saying Steph, but what about eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick? Most people wearing these would want their changes to be noticed, wouldn't they? Of course- you don't want it to look un-natural, but when you are going to a concert or a party- makeup gets edgier- on purpose, right?
Kristi

susangirl
01-08-2012, 12:54 AM
When being the man I am I wear no makeup or anything girly. Now when I get to dress as Susan I girl it up. All the makeup, long dirty blond hair, sheer stockings ( I do shave my legs during the cooler months), under the bust corsets with 6 or 8 garter straps, tight skirts, beautiful sheer lace bras with 36C silicon breast forms with a little nipping showing, and sweaters. Women clothing is so much more fun.