PDA

View Full Version : Why cant girls watch footy?

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Ok just watched the Carling Cup highlights on TV.. WTG the reds..and this is yet another thing that has been wizzing around in my head.... ( I know.. it's a mine field.. you have no idea..)..

I have been to almost every TG web site out there that has a chat room, been to a lot that have message boards. Every one of them, even one that is mainly made up of UK girls has something in common.
They almost stone you if you talk about .... (looks around ... coast clear I think.... )
..... football ... Now given that hundreds of thousands of women go to watch ... football every week, can anyone explain why it is the TG comminty has such a downer on this game.

See I think it's seen as a man's thing still.. jumping up and down when someone scores.. etc etc... I think that's why no one ever wants to talk about it?
I will admit that when Man utd scored the winning goal in the European Cup final, wearing 4 inch heels was possibly not the best thing in the world to be doing... but welll one has to dress to support ones team and the only red thing I had was a satin blouse and skirt... it worked.. we won!

Thanks for reading.. blah blah...

Sharon
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Sports isn't a downer to this TG. I love American football, baseball, and basketball.

That stuff you non-Americans call "football''?" ehhh, not so much.:)

TGMarla
10-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Y'know what, SammyJo? I know just how you feel. Sure, we can talk about lacy underwear, hemlines, and pantyhose all we want, but just mention anything at all about sports, and the crucifixion begins. Frankly I know of a lot of girls who love sports, my wife just isn't one of them. But girls like sports, too. Not all of them resort to a stereotypical "Ewwww!" when you mention it. I shared some dialogue with one of the girls here today concerning our love for pleated skirts. But tonight I'm getting out the brooms for my beloved White Sox!

You go, girlfriend!

cathy b
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Here in nebr.the ladies jump just as high and yell just as loud as the men.
p.s. we all wear red also

Wendy me
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
ok my thoughts .... some are working so hard to prove just how fem thay are that thay reject anything not totaly fem...my way of thinking is lookthis is me
i love to be a girly girl ... i am not trying to impress or prove anything ...so if i watch a little foot ball no biggy .....rember it's a strong girl you are when your comfy being you............my $.02 worth..........

Gale R
10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
@Sharon, have you ever watched rugby, similar to American football but without the padding and helmets babe.
@SammyJoUK, i remember that match well, luckily i was wearing flats and not wearing mascara at the time.:D

Sarah Ellis
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
There aint nothing wrong with the footy.... It's the peoples game (neither a man thing or a girl thing). Seeing my team win is a good feeling.

And besides.......... Chelsea LOST :) :D

Sharon
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
@Sharon, have you ever watched rugby, similar to American football but without the padding and helmets babe.

Sweetie, I blew out both knees playing rugby!!:eek: :mad:

Gale R
10-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Gotcha babe. Sounds very painful, gave up rugby myself a few years ago (national sport of Wales), took too long recovering from injuries, also didn't do anything for how my legs looked like in stockings.:D

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
"And besides.......... Chelsea LOST "

Now I wasn't going to mention that.. but seeing as you brought it up...

Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, ......

did i mention...

Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, Charlton, ......

he he he

Faye Emmette
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
I like it when my footy team I followed as a teen wins the final but that's all. The teams now just buy players and the richest clubs win.
I like watching the Netball. Much moe dainty and non-professiional.

Angela Burke
10-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Sports isn't a downer to this TG. I love American football, baseball, and basketball.

That stuff you non-Americans call "football''?" ehhh, not so much.:)
Sharon,
"American football" is a version of rugby. Rugby is version of "football" therefore "American football" is a version of "football" copied from us non-Americans (so what else is new!).
"Rounders" is a game played by non-American children, Americans pay to watch adults play it, whilst becoming extremely agitated and shouting Hee-Haw, (well it sounds like Hee-Haw!). "Basketball" is a version of the non-American game "Netball" I won't go on, you get the idea.

Love Angela XX (The non-American)

Sharon
10-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Sharon,
"American football" is a version of rugby. Rugby is version of "football" therefore "American football" is a version of "football" copied from us non-Americans (so what else is new!).
"Rounders" is a game played by non-American children, Americans pay to watch adults play it, whilst becoming extremely agitated and shouting Hee-Haw, (well it sounds like Hee-Haw!). "Basketball" is a version of the non-American game "Netball" I won't go on, you get the idea.

Love Angela XX (The non-American)

And?

Dang, our whole country was created and "copied" from you non-Americans. My blood flows with the same blood as my Irish kin, separated by just two hundred year's time.
Sorry, I didn't realize this was an American vs. non-American thread.

BTW -- I never said "hee haw" in my life!:rolleyes:

Angela Burke
10-26-2005, 11:12 PM
And?

Dang, our whole country was created and "copied" from you non-Americans. My blood flows with the same blood as my Irish kin, separated by just two hundred year's time.
Sorry, I didn't realize this was an American vs. non-American thread.

BTW -- I never said "hee haw" in my life!:rolleyes:
Sharon,
American vs. non-American?
No!
I was being ironic (look it up in a dictionary).
It's one of the few things you haven't "copied" from us non-Americans.
Congratulations on becoming Irish.

Love Angela XX (the non-American)

Sharon
10-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I looked up "ironic" and found a redirect to "smartass.":rolleyes: :D

classicgreysuit
10-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Clearing away this american - non-american thing - (Aren't Man U owned by an American anyway). I love watching sport - though to be fair it's not usually the first thing I think about when I'm dressed.

I particularly like watching footy/soccer - not the English version that Chelsea have sewn up already with 75% of the season to go (boring) but the newly exciting Scottish League where my team, Hibs is involved in a very exciting struggle and are due to meet (beat) our table topping Edinburgh rivals Hearts on Saturday.

I'd dress as a pink playboy bunny and walk through the main street if it would guarantee a win. As it wont, and as I'm firmly in the closet to everyone but you girls, I won't.......But if Hibs win I promise to post a picture of me in my strip, stockings and heels. Come on you Hibees!!!

Sarah
xx

Angela Burke
10-27-2005, 12:33 AM
I looked up "ironic" and found a redirect to "smartass.":rolleyes: :D
Sharon,
Yes that's it!
You've learned something.
Well done!
Isn't education just wonderful?

Love Angela XX (the non-American)

Amelia Moxon
10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
....With it as far as I can tell, I personally don't like Football (soccer to all of those girls across the pond), rugby or anything like that but if a girl wants to watch it I don't have a problem with that. I personally like motor sport loads of noise, stupidly fast speeds, and much more adrenaline, far more fun. I've never seen a pink F1 car though!! :(

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Vivian Best
10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Here in nebr.the ladies jump just as high and yell just as loud as the men.
p.s. we all wear red also

Cathy, what has happened to "Big Red" when you let the Missouri Tigers beat the Huskers?

Vivian:rose2:

Gemma Rhodes
10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Sammy,

Well I have supported my home town team Grimsby Town all my life and Im not going to stop now just decause I have started wearing skirts again. :)

I go to practically every home game and a few away too.

A week on Saturday though is a direct clash between a Grimsby home game (FA Cup 1st Round) and a tgirl night out and I am going on the tgirl night out to TX in London. Will be the first home game I have missed this season.

Gemma xx

classicgreysuit
11-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Hi

Well my team came good at the weekend beating Hearts 2-0 so as promised I attach a pic of me wearing the strip - come on you Hibs!!

Hugs
Sarah
xx

Yuka
11-01-2005, 05:19 AM
I don't see why girls can't enjoy soccer. I go to soccer matches all the time dressed exactly like this:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4167/soccer1zq.jpg

Except I dressed in blue because my home team is Yokohama F. Marinos and they wear blue. There are many girls in the stadium and some (including me) have face paint.

TGMarla
11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I got to see my beloved Chicago White Sox win it all last week. This past Sunday my Chicago Bears won, too. I enjoyed it all. Am I any less a woman because of it? (Heck, am I any more a woman if I don't?) I dress up all the time, yet I still like sports, whether I'm dressed or not. I agree with Wendy, too many of us girls are trying to prove how femme we are by acting like we don't like our sports. I went to a Lobos Football game (American football, BTW) this past Saturday, and at least half of the crowd is women. So I fail to see what the big deal is if a woman likes to watch sports. My wife isn't real hot on sports, but there are a lot of women who are.

Sandra H
11-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Gotcha babe. Sounds very painful, gave up rugby myself a few years ago (national sport of Wales), took too long recovering from injuries, also didn't do anything for how my legs looked like in stockings.:D

Hi Gale.

Wow they wear stockings these days when playing rugby? Or am I reading it wrong? If they do are they the ladder resistant type, if not it must cost a fortune in stocking each week. Mind you have you ever though of getting Pretty Polly to sponsor the team?

Now that would get more girls into both football and rugby.

Imagine going into a store and asking, “have you got Man United red stockings in a 15 den?”

Or am I just being silly? ;)

AngelAshley
11-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I can't say I enjoy things like football or rugby very much... but there is one sport I enjoy that involves supporting your team...

Cheerleading :D :D

(Except we don't cheer sports teams any more... we go to cheerleading competitions and perform stunts and cool things in short skirts :D )

The Americans are amazing cheerleaders... saw the West Coast Mavericks at the Nottingham competition - it was great.

Nicole_Lasmedias
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't like any sports at all... Sports is a world of pain... And I don't like pain. Plus is it so boring to watch (for me) and I don't really like any other activities (that usually classified as mens) either. I mean like fishing, hunting, playing pocker, etc... It is so boring for me... don't even know why...

suchacutie
11-05-2005, 11:32 PM
It is just so sad to read this thread. The original question pointed out that a bias seemed to exist in the TG community, and wondered why that was, or if it was. It seems totally absurd that the TG community, of all groups, would not welcome a diverse view of likes and dislikes. To ascribe a like or dislike of sports to a gender issue is amazing. Hasn't anyone heard of Title IX in the US???

sheesh.

tina

Deidra Cowen
11-06-2005, 08:48 AM
You make a very good observation...for example in the transgendered chat rooms I have noticed if someone posts something about the football games that have taken place on that day it is sure to spark a negative comment or two.

But on the other hand during SCC in the lobby of the hotel on Saturday morning a TV was showing college football games in the little lounge area. It was a bit interesting to look over there and see tgirls fully enfemme sitting and watching the game and talking about it. :D