PDA

View Full Version : OOPS! Caught by stepson with makeup on..

Marleena
01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
First of all I'm only out to my wife and one GG. Anyways, I was in the back room that is off our kitchen. I was bent over getting my jacket when I heard somebody mumble to me. I looked up for a second and saw my stepson looking at me. Yikes!! I quickly put my head down and went out the back door.

There is now way he didn't notice with the black eyeliner I had on (avatar). The good thing is that he is 21 and going to University to be a doctor. He should be able to understand about my GID if I need to explain. He's seen me dressed in drag for Halloween, and his sisters have seen me in pantyhose and shorts. I'm sure they've talked about it already.:) I feel bad for him having to see it though, it must have been a shock.

I told the wife and she is less worried than me. It is what it is I guess.

ArleneRaquel
01-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Marleena,
Best wishes, it's my hope the love & understanding will prevail.

DanaR
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Marleena, it might be a safe bet that he knows or has some knowledge of your dressing. So it might not have been a total shock to him. Follow your wife's lead and don't worry about it.

Marleena
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks ladies! Had it happened just 5 minutes sooner he would have seen me totally done up. That would have been much worse for him. As for me, I'm just tired of hiding it all anyways. I am who I am.:)

Danni Renee
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I wish the best for you. If he does know, or know now, I hope he can accept you for being who you are.

Danni

AnitaH
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I too am hoping that it all works out good for you and the family. I hope he can accept all of you. I completely understand about being tired of hiding it all. Best of luck to ya.

AnitaH

Annie D
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
If your wife is okay with it, I wouldn't worry. If he has any questions, he may direct them to his mother and she can break the total news to him herself. Otherwise, wait, be patient and if he wants to know, he will ask. At 21 and studying medicine, he hasn't seen it all but if he continues in the medical field and doesn't do research he will and you can count yourself as being part of his education. Happy New Year!

Barbara Ella
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
With the wife being ok, and not worried about him, I think you can relax and not worry that he will have a negative reaction. Being in medicine he has a good head, and should be aware of personal conditions and open to learning. If he has questions, this is an excellent time for him to really start his education, and you and your lovely wife can be there for it.

Babes

Kelli Ca
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
sending my best wishes that everything works out, could be an excellent oppurtunity though (as stated above) luck and love

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it. Its likely that he already knows if his sisters have seen you in hose & shorts. Your wife probably figures that the cat is out of the bag.

Babeba
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
So has it come up with him at all? Any awkwardness yet? :hugs:

Marleena
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
So has it come up with him at all? Any awkwardness yet? :hugs:

Had a talk with him today as a matter of fact. He's taking genetics and biology, which ties into me. I told him I was also looking into both for problems I have.

I told him he scared me the other night..he just said "oh, why?". I just said I didn't notice him at first. He didn't mention anything so I just left it at that.:)

When the time is right and I have to tell I'm sure he'll get it.

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
ah, there's the other possibility - like most GM's, he probably didn't notice anything at all.

DonnaT
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I think the time to have a good talk is now, especially since he is planning on being a doctor, and will have to learn about such things. Why not start him off with some discussion on what he might not learn, but needs to be prepared for. If y'all have a good relationship, then go ahead and tell him.

Acastina
01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
As for me, I'm just tired of hiding it all anyways. I am who I am.:)

There's your universal truth for you. You may have noticed that young people (e.g., college-age like your stepson) don't have nearly the traditional aversion to gender variance that previous generations have exhibited. For the most part, they are puzzled at why older people make such an issue of it. Many have been interacting with friends and classmates who came out early, so it's no big deal to them. They can thank folks of our age for opening doors and minds over the last few decades, and we can thank them for refusing to perpetuate the intolerance.

If he's seen you dressed for Halloween, his internal response was probably along the lines of, "Oh, it's not just for Halloween". For all you know, he may have had reasons to suspect but felt no need to inquire. Maybe he's old enough to be tired of you hiding it, too. If he's going to become a doctor, he'll get used to dealing with the unusual soon enough.

I'd say your wife's opinions are paramount here. Good luck.

Marleena
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks ladies.:) I did break the ice today by telling him I have my own genetic issue to deal with. I'll pass it by the wife to see if she's comfortable with me telling him. I think she's in the don't tell unless you have to camp right now.

And yes Acastina, the younger generation are more in tune with TG issues.