PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Day :)

Anne2345
01-08-2012, 05:03 PM
It has been a beautiful, magnificent, glorious day. The sun has shown its brilliant strength, and provided life giving and sustaining light throughout a mild, relatively warm, winter day. I have taken my wonderful, energetic daughter bike riding, and taken a ridiculous amount of photographs of her joyfully riding her bike, smiling and laughing the whole time. I have taken a lazy, slow walk around several blocks, taking in fresh air, feeling the sun’s rays shine down upon me, and listening to the sounds of the neighborhood.

By all accounts, I should be quite happy and content. But alas, the draw to dress is strong today, and most difficult to ignore. No matter how hard or far I push thoughts of entering the blissful and blessed sanctuary of femininity away, such thoughts slowly and methodically creep back in to my psyche.

Today is not the day, however, and I refuse to allow my emotions, desires, and needs to compromise and desecrate this otherwise splendid day. There is always tomorrow, and tomorrow Anne shall rise in all of her glory, if but only for a time. To my dressed friends out there, I vicariously live through you this day. I hope you have enjoyed your time en femme, and I am happy for you! :)

Beth Mays
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
And we are HAPPY for you as well... live does not gyrate around what we wear.

Beth

Marlana
01-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Anne, that was so well said. I'm right there with you on the desire to dress creeping into my daily thoughts. The more I rebuff the desire, the stronger it is the next time. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with your daughter. You are beautiful. Enjoy tomorrow!

Danni Renee
01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Yesterday was my day to suffer the urge to dress without the ability but I am dressed today and I am happy! I know you will be happy at your next opportunity too.

Danni

TGMarla
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I dressed to the nines for a little while yesterday, and that glow is still with me today. It made me want to dress again for a while today (like I need an excuse!), and fortunately, today my wife went to lunch and a movie with her sisters. But instead, a friend came over to help me with a broken garage door opener, a growler of good beer, and a few football games. Like you, Anne, I'll dress again when time allows. But there are times when actual life gets in the way, and it's not always such a bad thing!

AnitaH
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Work and family issues have conspired to keep me from dressing for a few weeks now. Like you Anne Friday was such a glorious day for me, I was able to get out and walk 4 or 5 miles on a trail in the woods on a sunny warm winter day and yet the desire to dress was ever-present. What should have been a great day was a day of the blues. Friday wasn't the day neither was yesterday nor today but I can also live vicariously through the great people here. It makes my time en-drab much easier. So thank-you and have a great week.

AnitaH

Debglam
01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Today is not the day, however, and I refuse to allow my emotions, desires, and needs to compromise and desecrate this otherwise splendid day. There is always tomorrow, and tomorrow Anne shall rise in all of her glory, if but only for a time. To my dressed friends out there, I vicariously live through you this day. I hope you have enjoyed your time en femme, and I am happy for you! :)

A time for everything Annie, a time for everything! Revel in the nice day that you've had.

Debby

marlaNYC
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
you had quality time with your child. that, for me, outweighs anything else. i hope you enjoyed that above all else - a place that makes everything secondary to the enjoyment of your child and that allows you the perspective to enjoy your dressing twice as much when the opportunity arises. i understand too well the temptation to indulge oneself, perhaps feel resentful of a lost chance, but do not ever pass up the time to be with your child 100%.

Marleena
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Well you made your daughter happy and content, so congrats Anne! Tomorrow will be your day.:)

NathalieX66
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi Anne,
I understand the feeling. ....and You will rise in your glory again! :)
I'll be out & about for the latter full half of this week, after a holiday hiatus. I couldn't do much this weekend because of A: a work deadline, B: still some swelling from friday's beard laser round 4.
Be good.....you will have your time.

Barbara Ella
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
The time with a child provides sufficient recompense for a secondary goal not achieved; and as eloquently as you have stated the overshadowing thoughts, I am sure the all pervasive grin on you face as you passed time watching your daughter kept these thoughts neatly tucked away until such later time as they could be put to paper, taking nothing away from your total enjoyment of the moment.

what a lovely day

Babes

karanne
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I dressed to the nines for a little while yesterday, and that glow is still with me today. It made me want to dress again for a while today (like I need an excuse!), and fortunately, today my wife went to lunch and a movie with her sisters. But instead, a friend came over to help me with a broken garage door opener, a growler of good beer, and a few football games. Like you, Anne, I'll dress again when time allows. But there are times when actual life gets in the way, and it's not always such a bad thing!
I've never heard the term 'growler' of beer. Is it anything like a pony keg?

So - real football, or this American style with pads? <grin>
Lady K.

LeaP
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Anne,

A moment in time is good forever. It doesn't add to or take away from what will come - even when sometimes held at arm's length. If the latter sometimes feels like it detracts, it doesn't, really. Rather, it's like stopping time for awhile to enjoy the moment all the more. Children are indeed glorious.

Lea

LeaP
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I've never heard the term 'growler' of beer. Is it anything like a pony keg?
Lady K.

A growler is a refillable jug. Usually between a half-gallon and a gallon. They're used a lot by homebrewers to bring along beer to an event. Years ago (many years) they would be carried to the local bar for a fill in order to bring beer home.

Lea

Joanna41
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Daughter days will always be memorable as well as dressing!

Joanna

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
There's something to enjoy in every expereince, but nothing compares in the life of a parent, nor leaves such enduring memories, as spending a day with your child.

suzy1
01-09-2012, 10:12 AM
It struck me Anne as I read your thread that we have something in common here.
Like you I too have good days as the other me and good days as Suzy.

So the best thing is not to allow them to interfere with each other but to appreciate both. [A little fine tuning of the mind perhaps?]

Like me you are having the best of both worlds, you with your wonderful daughter one day and as Anne on another day.:dance:

Do you know how lucky you are? Or do you need a good slap girl.:eek:

SUZY

TGMarla
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Karanne, a growler is a large 64 oz bottle often used by micro-breweries when people want to take their beer home. And here in America, this IS football, and that other Euro-style thing you call "football" is a game played primarily by children who like to run around kicking a ball, and enjoy a nice Capri-Sun afterwards on their way to Chucky Cheese Pizza.

:lol2:

Marleena
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
There's something to enjoy in every expereince, but nothing compares in the life of a parent, nor leaves such enduring memories, as spending a day with your child.

Amen to that! Anne gave her girl a special day of happiness that is in itself priceless.:)

Anne2345
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
nothing compares in the life of a parent, nor leaves such enduring memories, as spending a day with your child.

I could not have said it any better! :)

Karanne, a growler is a large 64 oz bottle often used by micro-breweries when people want to take their beer home. And here in America, this IS football, and that other Euro-style thing you call "football" is a game played primarily by children who like to run around kicking a ball, and enjoy a nice Capri-Sun afterwards on their way to Chucky Cheese Pizza.

I could not have said this any better, either! LOL!!! :devil: