PDA

View Full Version : This girl just can't stay in anymore.

patti1569
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM
If you read my last post you know that I went outside for the first time ever (here is the post: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?166868-Well-I-went-ahead-and-did-it!). So thanks to the encouragement I got form everyone who responded, and the amazing time I had, I figured that I would strike while the iron was hot and go out again tonight. I must be honest, I thought that the other night might be the one and only time that I ever ventured outside, especially after having been spotted by my neighbor. But thanks to so many people here that said it would get easier from now on, and the feeling that I could really enjoy the experience and freedom of being out, I felt strongly that I needed to get right back out there before I lost the nerve forever.

So I had another girl’s night in planed. I got dressed, and was enjoying my night, but in the back of my mind all I could think about was going out. I planned to wait until about 11:00pm because I figured most people would be heading to bed. The routine to get out of my apartment was the same. But his time, It did feel much easier. I was much calmer. When I stepped out of my door (still my favorite part) I was more aware of everything. It was lees like a dream and more like a great reality. Heels on pavement again! I deliberately slowed my pace and enjoyed the walk to my car. It was an uneventful departure.

I drove around a bit, but was really looking for more than just a drive. I got an idea to take a little walk. I turned into a very pricy/private development where I’m sure I don’t know anyone. I parked the car and got out. I walked around the complex in utter bliss! The night was so beautiful with a gorgeous full moon and crisp, cool air. I was having a blast. On some level, I was really hoping to bump in to someone and just say hello. I wanted someone to witness this. It didn’t happen and I got back to the car without an encounter.

Now the tricky part, getting back into the apartment without being seen this time. And again, a little bit of a snag. But this time I was more at ease. Less stress about it. If I’m seen, well so be it. There was a car running with its lights on right in front of my unit. I just did a dive by and kept moving. I decided to extend my drive for another ten minutes to let the person move along. Fine with me, I turned up the radio and enjoyed my extended time out. On my next pass the coast was clear and I parked the car. On the walk to my door I slowed my pace and took it all in. I even paused at the door for a few seconds and looked around one last time before going in for the night.

It was sooo much fun!!! I can’t wait to get out there again. I feel like there is no going back at this point. This girl needs to be out and about. Thanks again for all who commented on my first post. Truly, the kind words and encouragement are what propelled me forward tonight! Much, much love to you all. Here a few pics I snapped with my phone before I left. Again, I had my big wool coat on over my dress. Good night (if I can sleep) and thanks for reading. xx Patti.

AllieSF
01-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Congratulations on you trip outside. As you can see, it can become a bit addictive and very well worth it. If you are still concerned with others finding out, then please respect that feeling and be careful. I go out all the time, but am still very careful coming and going from my home. My neighbors do not need to know and I need to respect that. What they do not know won't hurt me, but what they may find out could. I like the wig in your pic, it suits you well. Thanks for sharing and good luck in the future.

Elana
01-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Congrats on going outside! :) Cute pic's btw verry pretty. I still feel a rush also whenever i leave my unit and head outside to my parking garage, feeling the cold wind lightly blow on my shoulder length wig is a nice feeling.

docrobbysherry
01-09-2012, 02:09 AM
I think I can see where you're heading, Patti. I hope you'll continue to post your adventures here. Because it will be so cool to follow your progress!

When I was young, a lot of us were into exotic pets. Snakes were very popular! We had various snakes, large and small, from all over the world. I had my share. Some of the guys were fascinated with poisonous species. They loved the danger, the challenge, and the adrenaline rush when handling them! For some reason, those things NEVER appealed to me!

But, I REALLY LIKED watching my friends with those dangerous creatures!

Dana7
01-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Patti, I agree about how thrilling it is to get out there for those first outings. And it does take some nerve! But once out, it feels so great you don't want it to end. Your look is very pretty and quite convincing. I hope you'll post more pictures of your out-and-about outfits.

ArleneRaquel
01-09-2012, 02:21 AM
pattie,
The more that you go out the more you will want to go. Hugs, fantastic picture darlin.

Melissa.Lynn88
01-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Congratulations for going out! I can only imagine how nice it must feel to finally get out instead of being kept in all the time. I hope to do that myself soon but I am still trying to build up the courage to. And you look really great in your pictures too.

darci.c
01-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Patti, have to congratulate you on your courage, and complement you on the dress, hair, and makeup.

Send me a pm if you'd like to talk about anything, I've got a few tips that have really helped me to accentuate my femininity in public... perhaps you could find some of them useful.

Aside, good job! Lookin' good baby!

Nicola2876
01-09-2012, 04:40 AM
It is an amazing feeling to go out dressed and very addictive. I went out dressed with a little make up on and felt wonderful. Mostly driving around but i did go to a outlet mall car park and got out of my car for a little walk around. I must admit to feeling a massive rush and it felt so right. I wanted to go shopping but stopped myself as I didnt have a wig on.

Love the pics by the way

Kristy_K
01-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Congratulations for going out Patti. I remember my first time out. It was such a head rush.

Your pictures looks good also.

Kristy

jillleanne
01-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you Patti for bringing back some wonderful memories from my past. I've forgotten what it felt like in the early years. Reading your thread brought back the sensations alll over again. Please post more as it occurs so we can all share the fear and excitement with you.

Nichola
01-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Now you've got me wanting to venture out again, I know what you mean about stepping out the door it feels amazing. Well done & great post:)

linda allen
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Patti, you look great, very passable, and I know you had a great time. I'm sure you'll be going out again. Consider the daytime. Dress down a bit and walk in the park or go to a mall and walk around. It's great fun, isn't it.

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
First of all, great pics. You look very pretty. Now, on to the post. Congratulations! It is exhillerating to get out that first, and second time. And isn't it nice to have just a little more control of your nerves. Honestly, each time you go out, you'll find you have less stage fright and enjoy the experience a bit more.

Next time, expand your horizons a bit. Take a drive to the mall, but go earlier, so there are people around. Its actually safer and easier to blend in when you're part of a crowd. And, if you get home and people happen to be around, just walk right from the parking space to your place. Chances are no one will recognize you, and if they do, it will be fine. Really!

AndreaS
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Can't stop now, sweetie! Find some easy tasks to do while dressed like filling your car up with gas, going to the ATM (even if its just to check your balance), going through a fast-food drive thru, etc. Consider going to a movie while dressed. Once you're in the theater and seated, you've got a couple of hours of femme time in a public place, but with everyone else preoccupied with the movie.

Keep us updated and take plenty of pics. Take pics while you're out if you can.

BillieJoEllen
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I can remember well the first time I ventured out. My knees were shaking and I was literally gasping for air. When I got back I couldn't wait to go out at another time.

Acastina
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
If you think just exploring the space is fun, wait until your first few interactions. Your first "Miss" or "Ma'am" (unless the latter makes you feel old), the first chivalrous gesture or eye contact with a smile from a man, when you realize that you're being treated differently. You look fine; great, in fact, so go in confidence as well as caution.

Mirrors and cameras can be fun, but there's nothing like the real world outside. As the song goes in "Avenue Q", "There is life outside your apartment ... There is cool sh*t to do, but it won't come to you..."

Jilmac
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Now that you've enjoyed several nighttime outings, the next logical step would be daytime outings. After your first daytime outing, leaving your house and being out and about will become passe.

Marleena
01-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm so happy for you Patti! You look so pretty in you pictures you need to be out. Just be safe.:)

Barbara Ella
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Patti. I can tell you are hooked. Just stay safe. That pretty face should be brightening up the outside.

Babes

Acastina
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Now that you've enjoyed several nighttime outings, the next logical step would be daytime outings. After your first daytime outing, leaving your house and being out and about will become passe.

Ah, yes, the eternal struggle with daylight dysphoria..

Kaz
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Well done Patti! No stopping now!

patti1569
01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone! Again, The comments are truly overwhelming to me. I've been thinking about my outings all morning and thought of somethings. My dangling earring's made a beautiful sound as I walked in the breeze. At a red light I checked myself in the rear view mirror and was thrilled at what I saw. Just that little act was so much fun. While driving I had to pull up next to another driver at a red light. That is the closest I have ever come to another person while I was fully dressed! Just a few of my pleasant thoughts today about all of it. xx Patti.

Kelli Ca
01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
You goo girl, congrats its a big step. You look amazing in your pics

Eryn
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Good show on your second outing! As you can see, confidence builds fast. While the cover of darkness seems comforting, not many women walk alone at night so you will tend to stand out while you do that. Next time, you might try a daylight excursion to someplace a bit more public, like a mall. Dress femme but appropriate to the location, wear comfy flats, don't walk too fast, and with your face you'll blend in nicely.

Like you, my point of most difficulty is exiting and arriving home. Luckily, my neighbors aren't terribly social so they pay scant attention to me. My femme side looks considerably different from my drab side so I if am observed from a distance they will see what their eyes tell them, a woman. I just walk out confidently, get into the car, and leave.

moondog
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi Patti,

You were so strong to do that by yourself...very strong indeed. I hope I can find that strength inside me, when the time comes.

RenneB
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow this is a great success story Patti. I am so proud of you in taking those first steps to the outside world. I know how stuffy the closet can be at times. Soon you'll be a daywalker and the time out will seem to go too fast. It takes forever to walk in heels but once you're out and about, you'll get used to it. Soon it'll just come as second nature and then ..... well baby steps are always best, So take your time and plan carefully.

Here's a few hints about not gettin pulled over... Don't have anything dangling from the mirror. They call that a vision obstruction and it's a cause for a stop that'll light your night up. Also, check your car's lights, brake lights, backup lights, etc. Also signal your direction, including changing lanes. I know this sounds a little like driver's ed but believe me, the last thing I want is a verbal discussion as to why I don't look like my driver's license with a cop with a 'tude.

Oh, one last thing, I always bring a bale out bag complete with a change of clothes, makeup remover, etc. so that in the rare event that something happens to my car on the road, I can always go back to male mode and then call the tow truck....

Just a few tips from Renne....