PDA

View Full Version : Few questions for the "big" girls

Nikki Len
01-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I have a large pot belly from driving this truck day in and day out. How do you hid that when you CD? I am 6 feet tall and where do you get your shirts to wear with a skirt or pants. I have to have a 2xlt

Thanks
Connya

CindyT
01-09-2012, 01:39 AM
I have the same problem! I like to buy tops that have a tie below the bust line and are loose around the belly. They are not easy to find, I just ordered one from Target online. The other thing I do is just wear something like an oversize t-shirt that sort of hangs over my belly. I AM trying to lose some weight, but it is going rather slowly....

Katrina Black
01-09-2012, 01:51 AM
The easiest and cheapest and funnest way is to shop salvation army stores ect.. you can walk in get a plastic shopping basket act like its no big deal go to the large shirt or tops section find three or four you lke then walk in the changing room see if they fit buy the ones that fit have some fun and 10 20 bucks later you have 3 or 4 tops or skirts its supper easy just do it

Annie D
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Although I love brightly colored tops, a more conservative top will not draw attention to your middle. To draw attention away from your stomach, full skirts and bright leggings help to draw attention away plus full skirts give you a swishing feeling and make you seem slightly wider at the bottom. Unfortunately, I have also shopped in the maternity section of a department store and copied the cut in regular women's clothing tops. No t-shirts and short waisted tops, the longer the better and there are several tunic tops that look marvelous.

Karren H
01-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Diet, exercise and a good corset... I lost 50 pounds in 9 months.... Mainly for health reasons but the benefit to my girlish figure was an amazing fringe benefit!

justagirl89
01-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Diet, exercise and a good corset... I lost 50 pounds in 9 months.... Mainly for health reasons but the benefit to my girlish figure was an amazing fringe benefit!

Wow what a great job! I find the hardest to change is diet! Its so easy to start of strong then get distracted! Damn you chocolate, wine and flavoured milk!

Karren H
01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Wow what a great job! I find the hardest to change is diet! Its so easy to start of strong then get distracted! Damn you chocolate, wine and flavoured milk!

I love chocolate!! Now I'm going to be obsessing all day! Lol. I went back to playing ice hockey a couple times a day so I can burn off a lot of chocolate cake in a game. Lol.

JessHaust
01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't it be nice not to have to hide that belly?
Cross dressing is the best diet motovator I ever found. Once I decided I was goning to really do this I started dieting. Everytime I started to eat something I knew I should not, snacks, sweets etc. I just thought of what it would do to my dressing. Lost 45 lbs so far and working on another 20.

Tina B.
01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Two words, Empire waist! It's easier than a diet.
Tina B.

Julie Denier
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Two words, Empire waist! It's easier than a diet.
Tina B.

Indeed! I'm 5-14 and 300+, and that's been one of my best friends (love Avenue via onestopplus.com), along with a little smoothing from Spanx and some occasional corsetry ...

Stephanie47
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm with Karen on this one. The answer is not getting larger and larger sized clothing. The male pot belly, AKA: male pregnant look is a killer of us. The visceral fat will strangle your organs. The excess baggage will bring on heart disease and diabetes. I suggest cutting down on the sugary and starchy food intake, and, get exercise. I was diagnosis with toxin induced diabetes last year. Just giving up foraging and the few sweets I did eat lead to losing almost twenty pounds. I lost two inches in the waist. I am height-weight proportional, but, my goal is to get to 175 pounds. My goal is to get out of a size 18 dress and go DOWN in the number and not up.

Look at it this way: You'll live longer without the weight/belly, and, there is a better selection of women's clothing in smaller sizes (even without being a size zero)!

DonnaT
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
There are several women's clothing stores that sell larger items for us big gals. Avenue, Lane Bryant, Dress Barn Woman, CJ Banks, Ashley Stewart, Fashion Bug, and Torrid.

And some of the department stores as well: Macy's, JC Penny, Kohls, Target, Sears.

And don't discount maternity clothing as well.

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I've dropped nealry 50 pounds since 2006, by watching what I eat, working out consistently, and walking the dogs every day (2 miles). My motivation was health (elevated BP and cholesterol), not fitting into clothes, but having more clothing choices is a nice side benefit. Still would like to drop another 20, but its less of a health concern and more esthetic at this point.

Vickie_CDTV
01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
An old fashioned sturdy girdle and longline bra should flatten your stomach enough to make you look proportional to a GG your size; if you want a more defined waist, you can always wear a corset.

NicoleScott
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Shapewear will help, and I agree with those who suggested the empire waist.

Paula_56
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM

A friend of mine who has been been post-op fot 5 years told me that the most important thing she did to look more female was loose weight, most bang for the buck

Launa
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I had a professional help me with my first dressing session and we found the right look for me. They cinched me up so dam tight in a corset that I could hardly breathe but it made me look so good that it becomes a good motivator when you can see what its possible to look like. Then go on the diet: minimal carbs, fruit and veg, protein in real small portions 3 times a day and you'll drop those LBS.

kimdl93
01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I guess the first step is to know how your male size converts to womens. I wear a 2x shirt size, which I find converts pretty much directly to a plus size 2x or 18/20 depending on how the sizes are labeled. Then, if you check out the women's or plus size section at most clothing stores, you'll probably find lots tops that will accomodate your body. Shopping on line is pretty much the same.

jillleanne
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
There are many support products out there from body suits by companies like Curvacious that give light support to full blown custom made corsets. As for clothing, there are stores just for large women. In Canada we have Pennington's. Not sure about anywhere else. Try googling 'clothing for tall women'.

KaTanya
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
My sister has shopped at Lane Bryant for years- and so have I. :D

finding clothes that fit right is important, then you feel right.

Not sure of the particulars of truck driving, but there are a lot of health issues from sitting down for 12 hours a day. Whenever you can, walk around, if even only for 10 minutes to get the blood flowing. Circulation problems can lead to doctor visits, surgeries, and worse.

Nikki Len
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks all, but when you drive teams, there is not alot of time to move around. Just eat, sleep and drive. I drive with my wife. I take nights and she drives days. I guess we are driving each other semi crazy. LOL. But we been checking into the nutri-system and thinking of giving it a try for two months and see how that works.

Connya

sweetvictoria
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Girdles, corsets, and shapewear will help. The best thing is to lose the weight.

suchacutie
01-11-2012, 03:55 PM
My experience with shapewear before I lost weight was not positive. Pushing in one place means it pops out somewhere else and that was very hard to control!

So, I played the "portion control" game and over a period of a few months got to the point where I just don't need much to fill me. I learned that I could do this when I had kidney stones and was drugged for 10 days while the first monster worked its way through. At the end of that time a large orange was more than I could eat at one time. Of course I didn't know at the time that I could use that ability to my advantage, so after eating way too much for a while I switched and started to shrink my stomach's needs back down. It's a lifestyle change but I do eat anything I want, just less of it...a lot less :)

With the weight down, all the shapewear now is fantastic!!!

tina

Ozark
01-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I lost 50 pounds in 9 months..

that's great! how'd ya do it?