PDA

View Full Version : Why do you love CD?

justagirl89
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM
I am new here and just starting to learn about the world of crossdressing.

I was wanting to know what and why you love cross dressing? Is it sexual or not? How did you start? Where would you like it to take you?

Thanks for replying! :)

Karren H
01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
So who said I love it? I started when I was 7.... Before I knew what sex was. I kind of blame my mother for letting me know I was supposed to have been a girl! But its something that just never goes away. It screws up relationships. Its expensive as hell.... I'd be more than happy if it went away. Being caught between two genders sucks. I'd settle to be in one or the other. Either one! I'm not choosy! Lol. But the reality is I know it never goes away so I embraced it and moved on...

Joanna41
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Well I love to cd because its the ultimate challenge. I'm very detail orientated and CDing is just that. Learning proper make-up application, hair styles, fashion, nail care, and mannerisms. It also gives me a different look at how women feel in there slinky sexy dresses, shoes, and lingerie. Even after shaving my clothes feel so much better touching my skin. It is somewhat sexual to some degree for most but certainly not for everyone. I have a very special relationship with my fiance and we have a lot of fun with joanna. So that's what it is for me.

Joanna

Ashley S
01-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi welcome to the club. :)

I think everyone here would have different responses to your questions. Speaking for myself, I love the colors, styles, and variety to fem clothing. Really I love anything that lets me break out of the macho male mold that society has cast me in.

In regards to Why...no idea

I do it because I enjoy it, I've had a powerful attraction to fem things since I was a pre-teen. I find the crossdressing experience fills a void, or satisfies an emotional need for me. I don't really know a better way to explain my feelings on it.

There were sexual feelings earlier on, because of the excitement of doing something wrong or taboo, and the excitement of finally getting to express the girl inside, coupled with raging teenaged hormones, but that eventually fades.

Dressing fem just feels pleasant and natural now, but I'm not entirely sure where it's going to take me, but I'm trying to just go with the flow.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
Lots of Luv :love:
Ashley

Jenniferathome
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I started cross dressing when I was about 8. In adolescence is always resulted in a "sexual" thing but not as an adult. My desire to cross dress is innate, like, I believe, for all cross dressers. I think cross dressing is just a point on the sexuality continuum. I am straight, again, like most cross dressers, married and have children. No one would ever guess i was a cross dresser, never. I am quite "manly" in my daily life. I told my wife of 20+ years only last year. She is completely accepting. Cross dressing brings me a level of peace I do not have in my traditional male life. It relieves stress and I like the act of making myself pretty. The clothes, fabrics, colors, everything about women's clothes is quite different than the choices I have as a man.

If you have a spouse who is a cross dresser, feel free to ask questions. Thanks for reaching out.

Marleena
01-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I started cross dressing when I was about 8. In adolescence is always resulted in a "sexual" thing but not as an adult. My desire to cross dress is innate, like, I believe, for all cross dressers. I think cross dressing is just a point on the sexuality continuum. I am straight, again, like most cross dressers, married and have children. No one would ever guess i was a cross dresser, never. I am quite "manly" in my daily life. It relieves stress and I like the act of making myself pretty. The clothes, fabrics, colors, everything about women's clothes is quite different than the choices I have as a man.

Jennifer just about said it all for me. I denied who I am for decades and only recently embraced it. Now all of the bouts of depression and anger through the years make sense.
I'm happy when I let Marleena out to be herself. She's still evolving with a supportive SO that really helps.

TGMarla
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, I guess there are several reasons. I think the primary one is that it's as close to being a woman as I can get without actually being one. For most of my life, I've wished that one of the little X spermies had won the chase, and that I'd have been born female instead. By this time in my life, though, I've opted to not travel the path of transition, and so male I am, and male I shall remain. However, I have a great desire and an urge to crossdress as much as I find that I'm able to.

Another reason is that I absolutely love the clothing and everything that goes with it. I like how they look and feel, and the infinite myriad of style, fabric, and color available. I enjoy wearing hosiery and high heels, lacy underthings, jewelry, long hair and nails, and pretty makeup. I like all of it, and I love wearing dresses! So I do it as often as I can.

But, much like Karren said, I could also do without it much of the time. Being caught between genders is a pain that never leaves. It saps time and money from me, and forces me to live in a turmoil that I'd rather live without. But it never goes away for long, and always comes back. So I guess I CD because I have to and because I want to.

kimdl93
01-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Like so many of the above, I started early. Mom didn't explicity say she wished I was a girl, but she actually named me Kimberly. I was very attached to my older sister, and was regarded as a "house boy" whatever that entails, by my older brothers. I still can vividly recall secretly putting on one of my sister's slips when I was perhaps 4 years old.

I am absolutely certain that I am as I am because of some developmental conditions in the womb...and although I've managed to disquise some of the more feminine traits and behaviors when needed, they're always present. I'm just beginning to allow them to come out more these days.

suzy1
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I think I am like many here. Suzy is a part of me. It’s who I am.

I sometimes think it’s like having two lives. How wonderful is that!

SUZY

Briana90802
01-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Well for me I'd have to say the reason I dress is because in my male life I don't feel sexy. All I see everyday is sexy outfits and clothing that is made to attract. I grew up "reading" playboy mag and I remember thinking, "that outfit is sexy". Etc... Now that I'm grown I look at mens clothes and can't see how wearing the would make me feel more sexy or even more manly. After all most men's clothes are designed to hide the body whereas femme clothes are designed to flaunt what you've got.
This is just one reason, among many, why dress.

Tina B.
01-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Karren said it all for me, just about word for word , what I would have said.
Tina B.

Kathy Smith
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
CDing is an interesting life. Buy one get one free! Oh how I wish it was free!

Why? Because it's something I do. It helps me feel better in myself. I can't say whether that's a feminine feeling or not, I'm male (as far as I can tell!) so I've nothing to compare it to. I've read (on this site) the generalisation that we CD "for fun". I can't speak for others but I know for certain that I don't. For psychological relief, maybe, but not for "fun". I'm good at giving it up. I've done that several times! ;-) I suspect that _really_ giving it up would be more difficult than packing in smoking by going "cold turkey" from 30 a day (which I did 30-odd years ago) or suddenly deciding that I'm going to be left-handed. It's a lot easier to learn how to live with it. :-)

cdliz15
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
For me, I love dressing up and feeling pretty/beautiful. You can't get that as a guy.

Princess Chantal
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Hmmm geez, why do I love crossdressing you ask?
It's all my parents fault!!

They let me watch too many "Kids in the Hall" shows, Bugs Bunny cartoons and movies like "Tootsie"
My mother let me hug her pantyhosed legs before they went to their fancy dress parties.
They had my aunt Margaret babysit me; she looked very feminine like mommy but had a deep voice like Bea Arthur
My mom's clothing were in the bottom set of drawers, where as my dad's were out of my reach.
My dad wore the same cologne as my dentist , where as my mom wore the same perfume as Snow White at the Disney on Ice show.
My mother's toiletries made nicer coloured pictures on the walls than my dad's.
My mom's shoes made great viewing torture devices for squishing bugs.

jennigrace
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I love it because it makes me feel much calmer and at peace. It is definitely not sexual. I am 100% straight.

Also forgot to say I started at age 6. Asked my mom to get me pink, yellow and blue panties for Christmas.

NicoleScott
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
For most of my life, I've wished that one of the little X spermies had won the chase, and that I'd have been born female instead.

Marla, those little X spermies just can't move as fast wearing high heels.

suchacutie
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM
As you can already see, being transgendered has an amazing number of facets and directions. I came upon Tina at age 55, 34 years into my marriage. My wife and I discovered Tina together, and there is no sexual component involved. Like Suzy1, I feel that I am living two lives since my masculine and feminine selves are so different and very much separate.

In fact, as Karren has said, some aspects of living in two genders are really annoying and difficult. There is so much to learn and it's not easy turning a male body and many years of male socialization into a reasonable female body using socialization that is feminine. It costs money, takes time, and without the understanding, support, and mentoring of a wonderful spouse I could see where the whole thing could be just a nightmare!

On the other hand, Tina is a part of me and even though she wasn't acknowledged for many years of my life she clearly had an impact. The driving force for me is that I must know who she is (my wife is pretty curious as well!) in order to know who "I" am, who "I" have been and who "I" might be in the future. Thus, we're in the process of making a life for Tina and those times that she is able to show who she is are glorious. The other thing that I want to mention is that since Tina arrived with my wife and me in a very stable relationship, the conversations that have occurred between my wife and me about gender, about socialization as a girl vs. boy, about how the genders view life, and about all those little functional details that are different between life as a boy and life as a girl have been incredibly enlightening! My wife and I have shared thoughts we never considered as a topic of conversation, and all because Tina needed to learn how to be a girl. Tina needed to go through the "growing up" process and those conversations have been fantasitic at raising awareness in both of us.

So, we take the good with the bad, but it's not something that will go away. Our minds are wired the way they are, so it only comes down to how we handle the minds we have!

sissystephanie
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
At my current age, I am not only older than most of you but have been crossdressing longer than some of you have been alive!

I do not live in two genders, as has been mentioned in this thread. I am a man, and always will be. I have no desire at all to be a woman and never have had that desire. I do like to dress like a woman, but not to be one. Before she passed away, I did have wonderful wife who totally supported me in my CD activities. Even though she did that, she always knew that I was her man no matter what I was wearing.

In regard to Karren's statement that one cannot stop crossdressing, I will differ with that statement!! Any crossdresser can stop completely IF THEY WANT TO!! As Suchacutie says, our minds are wired the way they are! However, we can change the wiring if we really want to. It takes hard work and dedication, but it can be done. I made it go away for a 5 year period, and only started crossdressing again because my dear wife begged me to!! If my children, or my girlfriend, tell me to stop, I will. I know it can be done!!

Kelli Ca
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I love the look and feel of womens clothing especially lingerie. Soft satin lacy feels so good next to my skin. Women have such variety as mentioned before . I wish clothing wasn't labled gender specific, what looks and feels sexy and pretty on women feels the same on me. If not for being judged I would fem clothing everywhere, it simply more comfortable and lots better looking.

abigailf
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm with Karren as well. There is no love or passion for me to do this.

I do it because when I was born the doctor mis-read me and told my mother I was a boy. I was raised and trained as a boy. I met a girl, fell in love, had kids all because that is what I was supposed to do. All the time believing these feelings were nothing more than a fetish. It would creep into my life, I would push it out, it would creep back in further, I would push it back not as far, then BANG! Hitting me like a brick one day I realize I am a transsexual.

So now, I have to unwind my entire life just to correct that one little mistake made so many years ago "It's a boy!".

Asche
01-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't know how to say why I dress the way I do besides saying: it feels right. It's a way of expressing who I am. If I ask myself: what do I feel like wearing, or what do I want to wear right now, it's always a skirt or a dress. Sometimes it's a more "feminine" outfit, sometimes a drabber one, sometimes I also want a petticoat or tights, other times I just wear them with socks or barefoot. Every few weeks or months I try something new, and most of the time, I decide I like it. It's like this is the first time in my life that I've tried simply being myself, rather than trying to be what other people expect me to be, and it feels so free. I look in the mirror, and, yes, I see a fat, balding, neurotic, over-the-hill underachiever, but I also just love how I'm dressed. It looks cool, it feels cool.

No: it feels great!!

I have a much harder time coming up with an explanation for why I feel the way I do, even just to explain it to myself. Here is what I've come up with so far.

Do you know men who are only comfortable in jeans or sweats, and abolutely hate wearing a suit and tie? If they work at a job that requires it, the tie comes off on the way out the door of the office, and they change into something more comfortable the minute they get home. Some even say they'd refuse to take a job that required a suit.

And have you heard some women tell how, as girls, they only liked to wear pants? How they absolutely hated wearing skirts and dresses and had to be threatened to get them to wear them even for an hour or two?

This is how I feel, only it's skirts and dresses and the like that feel right, and the usual male attire that feels utterly unnatural.

I don't feel like I'm a woman when I wear them, any more than women who only wear pants feel like men when they wear them. I feel like I'm me.

I actually think that my preferences are innate: just as some people discover they love fly-fishing, and others prefer stamp collecting, and others only feel alive when they're flying an airplane, so I'm someone who discovered that it just feels great to wear these clothes.

NathalieX66
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
The only CD I love is the box set of Beatles CD's I got for Christmas from a loved one. :GD:
I'm at the point where I dress in the gender I feel. Humans are complicated.

Jess Marie
01-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I started dressing the way many of us did, stole a pair of panties or other intimates and tried them on. From there it expanded to maybe a skirt or dress, to buying our first item, then wigs and shoes and purses and make up.

I do it because of a psychological need for femininity in my life. I grew up the first 15 years of my life without a mother figure in house (I visited my mom once a month, but my dad had custody). I grew up in the boondocks, living in the woods. I lived an extremely manly life, helping my dad run his construction business, hunting, and doing other boy things like building forts in the woods and playing paintball. When I was 13, I was at a friends house and we were alone, he went to the bathroom and I snuck into his sisters room, stealing a pair of panties. I then started to steal more from her and any other friends sisters who I could safely do it. Then, when I got my drivers license, I started to purchase my own clothes and that was the beginning. I've been doing it ever since and enjoying every moment I am dressed.

audreyinalbany
01-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Like most everyone here, I started dressing very young, before I had a clue about sex. Something about it was just captivating, I couldn't begin to tell you what. But the other day my wife had to go to a formal affair and she dressed in a LBD, stockings and heels. As I looked at her and saw how gorgeous she was I thought, "I just want to look like that. Is that so wrong?" To me, women exemplify beauty. There's nothing attractive about men, nothing particularly compelling about men's clothes. I can get dressed up in a suit and tie and, I'll admit it, I look pretty good. But, a dress or a skirt with a nice top, heels and make up, and it just looks... I dunno ... better somehow.

kuchel
01-10-2012, 09:33 AM
It all started 3 years back. I was surfing in net and one day I saw a picture of a hot looking woman. Well I checked out and to my astonishment, it was guy. Something happened that day and told myself that i should try. I tried once and I felt a sense of of sexuality,pleasure and pure beauty. I cannot forget the sensation of woman clothes on my skin. I always love to step outside my comfort zone. I wanted to spice my life. That is it ... all started from there.

racquelr
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't remember exactly what age it was at, probably around junior high, but that's when I first started trying on women's clothes (it started with bras and slips I found in the hamper and then graduated to sneaking stuff from my mother's dresser when I was home alone).
Why was I first attracted to putting on women's clothes? Don't know for sure - probably just the sexual excitement a young pubescent encounters when seeing ladies intimate clothing. The JC Penney and Sears catalog intimates sections were like Playboy to me. Putting on women's clothes just took it to the next level for me.
Why do I continue to dress in women's clothes? For me, it's the thrill of looking sexy in sexy clothes. I don't find myself as sexy dressing as a man, but I do as a woman. I also love the way women's clothes fit and feel against my skin.
And yes, there is still a sexual thrill to dressing as a woman - my libido definitely kicks up a notch or two when I'm dressed and seeing myself dressed as a woman is still a sexual turn-on for me.

Piora
01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I think very few of us know what exactly was the trigger for our desire to crossdress, but I support the theory that it's the same kind of thing as being gay - it's something we're born with. We have an extra bit of "something" that makes us this way.

I looked at what it is about the female clothing I choose to wear, and although I haven't got an extensive wardrobe, the things I pick and like to wear, is the same kind of clothing that I admire on GGs. I largely like items that are very feminine. And it's the same as when I see those things on a woman.

Why I love it......it's that removal of my maleness for a while, and getting in touch with the feminine part of myself. It's a desire to embrace that, to keep it alive and part of who I am.

DanaR
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
So who said I love it? I started when I was 7.... Before I knew what sex was. I kind of blame my mother for letting me know I was supposed to have been a girl! But its something that just never goes away. It screws up relationships. Its expensive as hell.... I'd be more than happy if it went away. Being caught between two genders sucks. I'd settle to be in one or the other. Either one! I'm not choosy! Lol. But the reality is I know it never goes away so I embraced it and moved on...

My story is similar to Karrens. I have several pictures of me when I was about four years old. My older sister (10 years older) caught me a few times when I was 7 or 8 dressed in some of my moms clothes. Through out my life I was always close to my mom, so I suppose that I wanted to be like her. I've been married for a long time, my wife knows about me. She is alright with my CD'ing, but I'm sure that she wishes that I didn't.

CaseyMarie
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
You know, I have been in therapy for almost a year talking about this very issue and while my therapist and I have found a few things like my relationship with my mother and the absolute disaster of a marriage I am in - not for much longer :) - I have to admit, I don't have a clue why I like to dress. All I know is that i enjoy the way I feel. I can't even say I enjoy the way the clothes feel because, in all honesty, they don't actually fit quite right in some key places. I just like the way I feel. I do know it is as much a part of me as my male pattern baldness and even though I have "quit" a few times, the desire is always there. It is not a sexual thing for me either. It is just a feeling. There are certain masculine clothes I can wear that give me different feelings; my cowboy boots, jeans and a pressed shirt make me feel powerful and confident, my tux attractive and sexy. Dressing in my panties and bra with garter and stockings with a nice top and skirt make me feel at peace. What's to explain? Who cares how or why. For me it just is.

Acastina
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
In regard to Karren's statement that one cannot stop crossdressing, I will differ with that statement!! Any crossdresser can stop completely IF THEY WANT TO!! As Suchacutie says, our minds are wired the way they are! However, we can change the wiring if we really want to. It takes hard work and dedication, but it can be done. I made it go away for a 5 year period, and only started crossdressing again because my dear wife begged me to!! If my children, or my girlfriend, tell me to stop, I will. I know it can be done!!

With respect, what you describe is called denial and repression, and it's generally unhealthy emotionally. It's also the stock-in-trade of "pray away the gay" con artists.

"Changing the wiring" misapprehends the whole theory of prenatal development that is the single best scientific explanation for gender variance. Psychological conditioning, "brainwashing" and the like can distort and retrain the consciousness, but they don't "re-wire" the brain. Nuns used to beat left-handedness out of students in the belief that it was wicked; those kids still instinctively used the south paw anyway.

The brain-wiring theory essentially means that we're hard-wired for these behaviors; it's firmware, not software, on the hardware between our ears. Education, conditioning, that's software, conscious reprogramming. Hardware changes are neurosurgical. In between is something immutable, IMHO. If it weren't, so many intelligent, reasonable people wouldn't end up on sites like this talking about it at such length.

We all want to understand it to some extent, even if we claim not to. Accepting it unquestioningly is fine; if it's that easy for you, more power to you. What I read here a lot is questioning acceptance, a lot of looking for answers, and that involves comparing one's own experience to that of others with this same unusual behavior, wondering why we do this. From that flows the question of whether one can take it or leave it. If you can leave it, why spend time here?

This is big, serious stuff, and it's down deep somewhere, so I have to question the proposition that it can be willed away.

KellyJameson
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
For some I think crossdressing is an escape from their socialized masculinity, that learned behavior in childhood on how to act and what is expected of you because this is a role in service to others and so by it's very nature is work in exchange for the benefits that this exchange allows in the market place for securing a partner and position in society. An escape from a specific form of self imposed stress of being a "man" that pounds the life out of those who are sensitive to their humanity that other men thrive on.

For others it is the desire to possess feminine beauty as an extension of their heterosexual sexuality and possible erotiiscism of the act of crossdressing.

But than there is the much smaller sub group who for them is not an escape from masculinity but movement toward their repressed or undiscovered natural feminine state born from a state of confusion and possible panic often with a life long sense of not being 'normal". Acastina is correct, the seeds were planted in the proper soil and the brain was feminized (not masculinized) even though it is in a male body so the person is literally at war with everything outside their own minds, the mind is raw and life is the sandpaper that is constantly rubbing on it.

Than there is the force of nurture (environment) that is equally powerful in shaping identity. Every human being is set on a path not of their choosing but than must make choices of who and want they are and shall become, with knowledge we create ourselves instead of being created.

We live between two opposing dualities and each person must find their own balance between opposites while being aware that everything is always changing forcing us to constantly adjust to stay in balance and for some their balance is found on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I'm on the extreme end represented by Yin (femininity) and find my complement in others who are on the extreme end of yang so CDing for me is born out of me as an extension of who I am not as a means to change what I am.

I do not "love" to CD, I "need" to as a symbolic representation of the way my mind experiences itself and by extension my reality ( my truth)

Nicola2876
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
From a young age I was attracted to femme things. I was always told I was expected to be a girl before i was born. I had an operation when I was a baby and carried an ugly scar on my groin which i thought was from where surgeons had changed me from a girl to a boy and made a huge mistake.

Clothes wise, I tried on dresses preschool. Regular crossdressing from ten or eleven. virtually lived as a woman at home in my mid twenties. Got married, had kids. Feelings of gender confuion. Diagnosed transexual at 37.

Also, girls clothes are brilliant. I just cant understand why anyone wouldnt want to wear them. They make me feel great and its wo I am

Jilmac
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I started very early in life when a cousin dared me to wear a dress and panties (I was 7 he was 11). I fell in love with the way the panties felt against my skin, and how pretty the dress looked on me. I had five sisters and only one brother so I was always comfortable with girls and doing girl stuff. Three of my sisters were older than me which gave me plenty of clothes to experiment with. However back when I started, boys wearing dresses were either considered sissies or just plain wierd, so I stayed in the closet through school, military service, two marriages and raising a family. When I became an empty nester and widower, I was finally able to come out and enjoy being the person I really am.

In the beginning, there were some sexuality issues which I incorporated into my dressing but the more often I dressed, the less sexual it became. Now it's pure enjoyment and I can honestly say that I love dressing any time I choose, but I can also appreciate my male side as well.

KelleyG
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I started at an early age. (7 or 8) I can remember when my sisters would leave the house, I would sneak in their room and try on their close and shoes. I'm not sure why I even started doing it. But every time I did, it felt right. It could have something to do with being the only boy in the house but who knows... the feeling has never left and still today there is nothing like putting on my favorite outfit and pair of heels, painting my nails and walking around the house. I only wish I could do it more.
Kelley

Brittany CD
01-10-2012, 08:53 PM
It's definitely not a sexual matter for me. I've been interested in women's fashion for years and I honestly don't know why I like the idea of putting on makeup and a wig. That's the one aspect that's always been a mystery because I've never actually felt like a woman or even slightly feminine

crissie cd
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
as a kid i had a friend or like an older sister so we hung out. in the late 60's early 70's we were together a lot of the time. i tried on some of her things pants, shirts & shoes no dresses at that time. i received hand me down clothes from my aunt from my cousin, but there was a cool pair of purple button up pants no zipper from my female cousin, was the style in the late 60', early 70's love them. i guess that's how it started. pretty much stopped. years later got up the nerve to go to a close friend's Halloween party went dressed in black skirt, top fishnets and heels. crazy black wig from my boss at the time. make up was terrible done by my wife's friend. some years later went again this time with my band a gig we were playing at a pub. great fun wearing my sister-in-law little black lace mini dress with fishnets, black panties, bra and pumps. the feeling was great scary, but so exciting at the same time being dressed up. i found this year being fulled with such stress i want to dress and purchase things and enjoy it. also thank you Jennifer for that great story i must tell my wife, but at this time things are too crazy.

sissystephanie
01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
With respect, what you describe is called denial and repression, and it's generally unhealthy emotionally. It's also the stock-in-trade of "pray away the gay" con artists. This is big, serious stuff, and it's down deep somewhere, so I have to question the proposition that it can be willed away.

Acastina,

What I described is the complete truth. There is no "Denial" or "Repression" involved. Each one of us controls our own minds, or at least we should control them, and that being the case we can change them. If you do not believe that to be the case, just ask any Health professional who specializes in Gender disorders. I have, over many years, talked to many of them and they all have agreed with my theories! If we don't control our lives, than who does?

Frederika
01-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I think there is a multitude of reasons. I am very sensitive to what Briana90802 said. To me, femininity is a fascinating art and this art is my favorite because I can become the media of it.

Above all, what I like is that crossdressing can be very subversive and almost revolutionary like any artistic activity should be.

Is not it amazing how a woman can change his appearance?
About this, I often think of Marilyn Monroe.

(Excuse my english: I am not a native speaker. And the worst is that I'm French:D)

Patsy
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Well I must admit it started out as a sexual thing. Now, I don't know. It kind of opens up new worlds. Take away the societal pressures and my own inexperience and I'd certainly be living at least part time as a woman I think.

Krististeph
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM
I am new here and just starting to learn about the world of crossdressing.

I was wanting to know what and why you love cross dressing? Is it sexual or not? How did you start? Where would you like it to take you?

Thanks for replying! :)
i CD because it fits the way i think of myself. I love nice white cotton blouses (slightly oversized styling) over jeans for just lounging around. elegant- but not fussy, not sexual except pleasing to the eye-
other times. i dress sexier- and this will sometimes start something with my wife- she can appreciate some of the appearances. Mostly it is part of me feeling like I identify more with women than men, in attitudes and outlook. I'll never be able to reach my 'destination, but then, one's reach should exceed one's grasp, according to robert browning...

Stacy L
01-11-2012, 03:07 AM
At my current age, I am not only older than most of you but have been crossdressing longer than some of you have been alive!

You are right Sissystephanie, a person can stop if they want too, I've stopped hundreds of times.:devil:

I'm 10 years younger that you by the way and stopping for 5 years doesn't prove that you can stop for life.:sad:

ArleneRaquel
01-11-2012, 06:25 AM
I do love CD'ing, it's something that IMHO is a part of my DNA. If it isn't why do I have the urge to dress enfemme nearly always 24/7 ?

hmerkin
01-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I Love To Crossdress!
The Bottom line is Nylon Panties, Pantyhose, Silk dress, High Heel Pumps! Not Too Mention Make-up, Wigs, false finger nails, ear-rings and pearls!!! Being a Woman is hardwork!!!
Love, Crystal

LeaP
01-11-2012, 07:22 AM
So who said I love it? I started when I was 7.... Before I knew what sex was. ... But its something that just never goes away. It screws up relationships. Its expensive as hell.... ... But the reality is I know it never goes away so I embraced it and moved on...

... I could also do without it much of the time. Being caught between genders is a pain that never leaves. It saps time and money from me, and forces me to live in a turmoil that I'd rather live without. But it never goes away for long, and always comes back. So I guess I CD because I have to and because I want to.

Yes, in spades. Mine started pre-school. Karren and Maria's experiences are like mine, except that with the most recent return of a year ago, it hasn't left for a single minute. Have to definitely turned completely into want to, though that hasn't made the conflicts go away. It was like reaching a tipping point where the conflict was about pushing it away where it now dealing with the baggage. Like Nathalie, it's now wanting to present as I feel.

I still can vividly recall secretly putting on one of my sister's slips when I was perhaps 4 years old.

Kim, you have no idea how timely this comment is. I've had several such vivid recollections come back to me recently. It was always slips when I was little. I wrote recently about how I loved ironing with my mother. I loved the time with her, of course, but I remember those slips, and in particular sitting on the floor under the ironing board in one. I was probably 4 or so myself.

Lea

josee
01-11-2012, 07:57 AM
I have no memory of not wanting to wear tights. My mom dressed me in them as a baby. By 6 or 8 I was checking out her underwear drawers. I remember going through the Sears and Roebucks Fall and Winter Catalog spending a lot of time day dreaming in the women's intimates section. :daydreaming:

I've struggled with not doing it through two marriages. Kept on thinking I could stop. Still married to my poor second wife who has known since the beginning that I liked female underthings. Have been underdressing daily for a couple of years. :heehee:
Coming up on a year since I decided to quit fighting it and try to learn to accept it. :strugglin
Been going to a TriEss like group.

Realizing that I would like to be dressed all of the time.:cute:

When I am dressed, a bit of make-up, looking as girly as I can, the world seems to slow down just a little my anxiety slips away, my mood is happier and I feel like it is how I am supposed to be. I think what some would say Zen like. :meditate:

PretzelGirl
01-11-2012, 08:32 PM
I am the classic latebloomer. In my teens, I went through about a 1-2 month period where I would try on things and then take them right off. And then it was gone....

Fast forward to my forties and it started to take root a little at a time. It started with a sexual component to it, but that went away fast. Then it was just enjoyment.

I am the kind of person that accepts things as they are (Que Sera Sera). I thoroughly enjoy letting this side of me out and I generally don't worry about things involved with this (can't brush it all off, I am human). So I just want to go where it takes me. Let my gut tell me and follow its lead. If you don't force things, then they can't become stressors for you.

sara.s
01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Women look hot in women's outfits.. I just try to be a copy cat. :battingeyelashes: