PDA

View Full Version : Have you told your SO about this site?

Gillian Gigs
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
This is a question for the group of us that have a reasonably supportive SO. Do you tell her about what you have been reading on this site? Do you tell her about what you have been sharing? Is she curious about others on this site? Is she on this site also?

My SO is supportive and knows about my communications. She does ask from time to time about what the general chatter is about. She know that this site has been a source of encouragement to me, but at this time has no interest in participating herself.

Eryn
01-09-2012, 09:43 PM
My spouse, Mimi, is a member here. We often discuss the material posted here, with the exception of that posted in gender-restricted forums.

We have found this to be a great way to open discussions about our relationship and gender issues.

Jenniferathome
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes, I have told her and she has even taken some email from wives who needed a female viewpoint. She really has no interest in viewing the site as she knows the answer to "why" is not understood by anyone.

Barbara Ella
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I have told my wife. She does not like to do much on the computer, but with this issue, and her need to talk to more people, I am hopeful she will let me act on her expressed desire to join, and get her on here. She is going through a rough patch, and although she supports me in everything, she has resolved that she will never be happy with the changes. She really needs to talk to other wives here.

Babes

DanaR
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I share things about this site with my wife all of the time. She doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in joining. She had what I think was a bad experience at a IFGE event, with other wives. There was a seminar that she attended, and after that I don't think she ever attended another one. I realize that everyone has issues, but sometimes other people have a different viewpoint than yours.

One of the things about this community, there is such a diverse group of people here, it is all over the map. So if you take away the crossdressing, many of us would have nothing to talk about. Not that we would sit around and talk around crossdressing.

JenniferR771
01-09-2012, 10:29 PM
She knows about me, but disapproves. I forgot to erase my tracks, and my wife found out about this site. She checks my surfing history every morning before I get up. I don't bother to hide hardly anything these days. She insists I get off (offline) if she sees me online here when she is awake, otherwise no problem. Next day she usually sees the subject line of all the posts I click on. Strange reading at times. I have seldom been able to get her to read anything on here.

Marleena
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Yes Gillian, my wife knows about the site and has no issues with it, or me. She has no worries since we talk about everything.

AnitaH
01-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes, my wife knows about this site. She has seen me posting on it and has no issues with me being on here. She knows the support I find here. We sometimes talk about some of the posts here. In fact, not long ago, I printed a post from here that helped her to understand my issues a little better. She doesn't have an intrest in joining this site at this time however.

I do want to thank all the good people here, you have helped me and my wife.

AnitaH

Kali
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
My wife joined a week or so ago. she would like to be able to talk with other spouses but still doesn't have access to the private GG forum.

Vanessa5
01-09-2012, 11:53 PM
My wife is tolerant but by no means would ever think about this site. I have found it encouraging and positive and used the tools here to come out to her, but for her it is still a taboo subject.

KiwiHeather
01-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Mines not interested in anything to do with CDing. She doesnt want to know although I think it may help here, but for now the site is for me and only me (ohh yeah and you guys too...)

Janelle_C
01-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I let my wife read my first few post. And I have offered to let her read my posts when ever see wants. I am very lucky, she supports me but I think I'm making her a little nervous sense I've been here. I told her that she was more than welcome to join that they had a place for so to chat but I don't think she is ready at this time.:battingeyelashes:

aly01
01-10-2012, 12:30 AM
My wife knows about this site, and about my dressing. However I don't think, she has any intention right now of joining. Though she would find lots of info to help her understand.

Jess Marie
01-10-2012, 03:34 AM
My SO is aware of my presence on here, but does not get curious about it. She just said as long as I don't leave her for a more accepting GG, we are all good.

Danielle Gee
01-10-2012, 03:43 AM
My Wife knows about my belonging to this site,but shows zero interest in using it herself. She doesn't mind my reading it,but sometime chhastizes me if I spend too much time on this site (or any other).

She laughingly says I only need one thing to make me a better woman....Her!

Daniellle

kimdl93
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Yes. She's interested in what we discuss, but just doesn't seem to be interested in spending more time on the computer! She started a Facebook page and used it maybe twice before abandoning it.

Kerigirl2009
01-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes I did tell my wife about this site a long time ago and she even has a membership. Sadly she could not take it and quit posting after only 8 posts. If she still visits this site she is not logging in because it has been a good year and a half since her last log in.

JamieG
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
My wife knows I visit here. She's has sometimes looked over my shoulder while I was reading a post. I tried to get her to register a while back, but she said she had too many other forums she was a part of. We rarely talk about what goes on here, but I often apply the lessons I learn in how CDing fits with our relationship (especially all of the great insights the GGs give us).

Babette
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I tell my wife all of the time what is being discussed on this forum. Since she totally hates using a computer, she has no desire to join the FAB section. Despite this, she is interested in what's happening. Every once in a while, a forum member will present a helpful tip. When I in turn share it with her, she always expresses a degree of amazement at the knew found knowledge.

Babette

dizzy
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I told my wife about the site and even gave her the link but to my knowledge she has not visited the site yet.

elizabethamy
01-10-2012, 03:24 PM
It wouldn't be the end of the world if she found out, but for me, this site is much of my support system, and I am not sure I could feel as relaxed about being here if I knew she had read everything that's here.

Kelli Ca
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
What a coincidence i just showed my wife the site yesterday i think she wants to check out some of the forums, she still is very supportive

Angelofsomekind
01-10-2012, 06:19 PM
I've tried to get my wife to join, she doesn't seem too interested. I think she's worried the GG's section will just be a bunch of women bitching about their S.O.'s dressing.

KandisTX
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
My wife is a member here, she goes by "GlitterGG", although she has not been very active here, she does have the ability to come and see what's going on. Being a supportive and understanding wife, she participates in my dressing in many ways, this site is just another way.

KelleyG
01-10-2012, 08:16 PM
No not yet, I just joined and have not brought it up to her yet

Maria 60
01-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes she knows about this site and has noticed a big difference in Maria since joining this site. When i get upset about not having any time to dress she asks me if i am going to go on the computer and vent to my friends, and who ever reads my threads you know i do. She will ask at times what i am talking about or who i am talking to, that's about it.

Marcia Blue
01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
My wife has known about this wonderful site, since she has known about me being CD. She is a member of the FAB forum. She has mentioned that this community has been helpful to her.

PretzelGirl
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM
My wife got on after I talked about threads here for a while. She stayed for a bit and got her fill. When I came out to my daughter, she got on for a bit. But she also seemed to get her fill pretty fast. So both have been off-line for a while.

Heather J
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
My SO knows about this site and has a link to it. I don't know if she's visited it.

Heather J.

Krististeph
01-21-2012, 03:35 AM
not yet, she would be jealous of the attention. she would support it to a degree. She knows i browse support sites- but despite her high IQ (she is a nurse, and without fail, the physicians she works with end up called her "Dr. #####" within a few months, she would be insecure about me talking more openly to others than to her. it is a work in progress, it needs proper acclimatization to germinate. but we are forever moving more forward than backward.

in due time, just like shes does with me. :-)

Patsy
01-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Well I envy all you ladies who have supportive partners. My lady's Thai. So she'd have a language problem anyway. Third genders' are pretty much accepted here, but it's a double edged sword. I mean, no-one is going to beat you up on the street, but you're seen pretty much as a joke unless you're very passable or beautiful. Your average transgender is a bit like an effeminate gay man in England in the 50s. I dream about having a partner who understands where I'm coming from. A female who's lived most of her life as male, and carries that bagage with her, but now just wants a few years living her true self. Is that too much too ask?

jillleanne
01-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Absolutely, I have nothing to hide from her. I am often on here while she is sitting beside me watching the tele, no big deal. if she wants to follow along, join in, etc., she's welcome to it. She knows my password, etc. She is a member of various wives groups on Yahoo Groups and visits there from time to time.

Joanne f
01-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Yes she knows and i even asked her before i joined so that i did not have to worry about hiding it (thinking of myself)

LeeAnnRose
01-21-2012, 07:06 AM
CD in general is not her favorite topic, but she does know about the site. Since it ranges from casual to full transition, I don't think she really wants to see or know too much. It's a shame, I would would love to have her be more informed. I think seeing how we as their SO responds to questions and where we stand would probably help round out conversations we are already having with them. That may be a question better suited to the SO on the forum already. Because things run the gamut there needs to be an understanding of our level of involvement. Realizing everyone is different...oh, I'm different alright :)

Kristy_K
01-21-2012, 07:18 AM
My wife and I have a very honest and open relationship. We can talk about anything usually. She is also a member on the site.

Kathy4ever
01-21-2012, 07:18 AM
I found this site due to my wife looking into crossdressing after she caught me. I browsed her history and then I joined. We Never talked about it so I'm not sure if she ever checks in.

Cassy
01-21-2012, 10:17 AM
i am working on the courage to tell my wife that I started dressing again after being way from it for 15 years. But when I do, this site and all you girls will be my backup. I belive it is going to help give her a place to see what it is all about from other peoples perceptions and to get a few laughs along the way. Everybody on this site rocks in my book:)

Erica Thorn
01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Like the rest, yes and she's a member here!
I think none of us would have had such a good time together with me dressed if it wasnt for this place tbh. When we started discussing it more frequently last summer she was here every day, now it's not that often but she still gets here!

Richelle423
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
No never.One day she happened to lean over my shoulder to see what I was looking at and she screamed "CROSSDRESSERS.COM!!! OH BOY!!!" and walked away.

Cheryl T
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
I told her straight off and she's been a member for some time now. She likes the FAB section and that's all hers. The open sections we discuss from time to time if something of interest pops up.

alwayshave
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM
My SO knows about this site as she sees me on it fairly often. When ever I look at someone's pictures she'll sometimes make comment, sometimes good, sometimes bad. She has never been to this site, but other sites as early on I told her I was a cross dresser, she did research, the usual questions, was I gay, did I want a sex-change. No and no. The sites helped her realize that I just had a feminine side.

Crissy Kay
01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
No, but I did have to admit that I had another yahoo account under a fem name. I do not consider anything on my computer to be her business.

suchacutie
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
My wife has known from the moment I joined, which was 2 days after we found Tina. My wife and I often share ideas and issues from the site and I am always interested in her perspective!

debbeelee1
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Yep, my SO knows about this site, but doesn't participate. She is very supportive of my CD habit though!