PDA

View Full Version : As good as being mame'd, maybe?

AnitaH
01-09-2012, 11:15 PM
So today driving home from an out of town meeting my wife and I stopped off at a large chain restaurant for a late lunch. There were only a few customers when we were shown to a booth. A couple of minutes later a waitress walked up from behind me, paused at our booth and said I'll be right with you ladies. After taking drinks to another table she came back with her order pad in hand and said, "Ladies may I take your order". Then she looked up and said O I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you looked like a woman I only saw you from the back.

The thing is I was totally dressed en-drab, well except for being underdressed. My hair isn't even as long as I have been known to wear it. I don't think I look that feminine from the back, but my wife and I enjoyed her comment. We took it as serendipity. We tipped the waitress well.

All in all I'm flattered.............I think.

AnitaH

Marleena
01-09-2012, 11:17 PM
You have a right to be flattered Anita! That is what we strive for and you weren't even trying to pass.:)

Cynthia Anne
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Now young lady! I consider that better then being ma-amed! If only!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!

kimdl93
01-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Anita, I'd take it as a compliment. I have to do my very best to get mam'd when I'm dressed! It happens, but I think its mostly just a courtesy.