PDA

View Full Version : Shocked by my wife

AnitaH
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Today as my wife and I were driving home my daughter called my cell phone. I was driving, this state has a law about driving and using a cell phone, so I handed my phone to my wife who talked to her. Later she used my phone to make another call as hers was out of reach. A few minutes later she said, I almost missed it who is the woman on your phone. Now I have a picture of me dressed on the phone, one very similar to my profile picture. So I told her it was me she replied thats what she figured. Now my wife has never wanted to see me dressed nor see pictures of me dressed. But she did take my phone and look at the picture for some time. Now of course my phone screen is very tiny. She stated that it really looked like a woman she was afraid that I would look like a man in a dress. We talked about how I took the picture and that I had taken others but she doesn't want to see them yet.

On the ride home I talked about how some of the girls here and their wive sometimes take vacations together. She said she could see herself doing that but she would worry about being recognized by someone we know.

Later at home I walked into the bedroom to find her going through my jewelry box trying on my femme rings and such, (we wear similar size rings) she had me try on a couple of hers.

My wife has been somewhat supportive but today has been on a different level than before. Maybe there's hope that my wife and Anita can do some dates together someday. I'm excited and trying not to push her too much and let her take things at her own pace.

All in all it's been a very good day that has taken me somewhat by surprise.

AnitaH

JessHaust
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
I'll cross my fingers for you. I love dressing, but having my wife's approval and encouragement is what really makes it special. I really hope you can experience even a small part of this, good luck.

ReineD
01-10-2012, 12:44 AM
My wife has been somewhat supportive but today has been on a different level than before. Maybe there's hope that my wife and Anita can do some dates together someday. I'm excited and trying not to push her too much and let her take things at her own pace.

I didn't take the time to read your past posts, but your story illustrates what often happens with wives who are slow to warm up to the idea. You haven't pushed her, she has lived with the knowledge for a while and has seen that the world didn't come to an end, and now she is ready to learn more. She trusts that you are who you say you are.

Kudos to you and her!!! :)

michelle.foster
01-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Anita Mine was the same, she knew about it, had seen me dressed but really didn't want much to do with it. I started suggesting a "girls night", she declined - I dropped it, I suggested again a month or so later, again she declined. I didn't push but kept suggesting. She finally agreed, I was in heaven....our entire life has changed since then and she is now very accepting and I dress alot more.
It sounds like maybe you can start asking if Anita can take her out.
Good luck

Annie D
01-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Although my wife is becoming more and more accepting, she still refuses to go out to a public place with me when I am dressed. Her fear, like your wife's, is that we will be recognized because of her. Once upon a time we were out of town in Louisiana, spent the night there and drove back home on a Sunday. The morning of our departure I completely dressed enfemme and while driving back we stopped for gas, a fast food lunch and stopped at one of the large Outlet Malls to shop. Much to my surprise, she had no problem anywhere on our return trip, interacting with me everywhere we stopped. Go figure!

I think that rather than a vacation together, some trips to a nearby city, outlet mall, somewhere you are less likely to run into an acquaintance would be a first step. Perhaps taking a day off from work together, mid-week, would also be an opportunity for her to get to know Anita better. Good luck!

jillleanne
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe she is realizing you are still the same person regardlss of how you appear in a picture or otherwise. Good things will come of it I'm sure.

Cynthia Anne
01-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I think that is a great move in the direction that so many would wish to go! Letting her lead could make all the difference! Hugs!

kimdl93
01-10-2012, 08:46 AM
She just needs time to process all the emotions and the facts. Interesting that she could envision traveling with you. I thin there's a very strong likelihood that she'll become increasingly accepting if you give her time and positive reinforcement!

audreyinalbany
01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Everyone has always told me to 'go slow', 'go at her pace,' 'be patient.' Well it's been thirty years and we haven't had any major breakthroughs. We HAVE gotten to the point where she'll come home after being out for awhile and ask if I've dressed and when I answer affirmatively, she'll say, "I don't get it." I suppose that's a breakthrough of some kind.

Marleena
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
It sounds like progress on the home front Anita, congrats! It sounds like she's slowly becoming more comfortable with your CDing. I agree with the others to let her go at her own pace. If she will accept the going out part just make sure it is far enough from your home town that she can relax with it.