PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been mistaken?

Zelgadis
10-26-2005, 10:48 PM
I must share this story, 'cause it makes me feel so pretty! ^_^

Ok, I was on my way to the bank, this was 2 or 3 months ago. What was I wearing? Normal 'guy' clothes. Black pants, black leather shoes (I hate sneakers, havn't owned a pair in years), a tank top, and a purple, short-sleeved men's dress shirt over the tank top, left open. So I'm at the bank doing my thing, and this guy next to me is chatting it up with the teller in front of him (he was 70-80). I start eavesdropping (a bad habbit of mine). He turns and looks to me and says: "And how are you this morning young lady?" I could not help but giggle softly. Then with a real soft voice ('cause I was still kinda laughing hehe), I said "I'm not a lady." I don't think he heard the mascuilne-ness of my voice since I spoke so softly, so his response was "Don't you lie to me." I giggled a little more, then the teller that was dealing with me was finished and I made my leave. Was so funny hehe.

sandra_lag
11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Yes, almost every day. Always by old people...they are short-sighted, hehehehe

Clarissa3d
11-14-2005, 06:55 PM
I have long hair down to my shoulders, I have from the back many times. Once when I was getting some meds from the drug store I was waiting for my turn to get my medicine the lady behind the desk said, maam,,,, MAAM! I turned around and smiled (thinking yes I like that) and the lady with a suprised look said oh I am sorry, and i said oh that is fine I don't mind at all. She smiled and went about getting my perscription.

I enjoy that.
Clarissa

Nepenthes
11-14-2005, 08:05 PM
I walked into a house paint store and heard a small child ask his mother if that was a man or a woman. It wasn't the first time I have over heard that from children.

HaleyPink2000
11-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Yes , quite offten I get that. So most of the time I let my Male self over indulge in male atire. Camo hat, shoes and T shirt. Let my face hair grow a few days and that is my week sometimes when I don't want to hear that.
I'm a CD not TS. So like being a GUY most of the time. But when I shave and dress in normal Men's clothing I have gotten that alot from people. They say yes Ma'am to me etc. Even after I speak to them.

Haley:)

Stormgirl
11-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Never had it happen to me,I have too many boyish masculine traits.

TGMarla
11-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Nope. Not since I was in my teens and had long hair. But back then, older males would always make that "mistake" just to prove their narrow-minded point...boys don't have long hair, girls do. All the guys look like girls now. You've heard all that before. But now, the hair on my arms is darker, the hair on my legs is thicker (ugh!), the hair on my head is thinner (sob!), and unless I'm all dressed up, no one on God's green earth mistakes me for a woman.

Jodi Lynn
11-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes, one time at a department store paying a bill, the salesladie looked right at me in drab and said I'll be with you in a mintue Maam. When she came back she saw she made a mistake, told her that was OK, it really didn't bother me.

Krystal Lee
11-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Zelgadis,

On more than one ocassion that has happened and I love it usually. However I hang out at a biker bar and one of the bartenders has three times now looked up at me and said things like "with you in a minute girly".

I know I press it hard but did not think I was doing so at this bar. I have never had a bad thing said to me so guess it's still alright but is somewhat unnerving when it happens.

Anyway let's keep pushing the envelope. Hugs Krystal.

Serena
11-17-2005, 07:14 PM
This hasn't happened recently, but when I started High School, I grew my hair out. Around the time it happened, my hair was about past the shoulders, and because of band competition, all hair had to be hidden under the hat, including for guys. After putting it in one (obviously not a very good one), a girl asked if she could put it up, so I let her. I don't remember the style, but I remember I could never get it to look like that again, unfortunately, but two girls (one being a close friend) thought I was a girl at first, so I was happy.

Ibuki_Warpetal
11-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Your name is from an anime I can barely remember....

I don't think I ever get mistaken for female, minus this one time at this one place... >.>

but my friends and coworkers make it a point from time to time to tell me I look like a girl, even though I realy think I don't.
Last instance was on the job in an underground loading dock at the mall, bundled up and only my face was visible and my samoan coworker tells me "You know you look like a girl."
I just denied it. <.<;

Julie
11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
In drab? Never! And I'm not expecting to. :cool:

HaleyPink2000
11-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I have been called Ma'am in public and on the phone lots.
But I'm oldddd lol...

Haley:)