PDA

View Full Version : Got a question why the seperation

meganmartin
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I am a male - female crossdresser, i have been out to many clubs and seen transmen.
Sorry if i do not know all the terms and do not mean any disrespect.

Anyway they are always very nice but do they ( in general ) keep their distance from the tg girls and cross-dressers.

Would love to meet one here in Atlanta that would be a good friend to hang out with reguardless of how i present myself. ie as a girl or a guy.

DanaR
01-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Sometimes it is difficult to create friendships, with strangers. There was another thread about trying to start a friendship with a TS that someone saw working at a store that they frequented. If they don't know you, it could be a scary experience. I think that guys look at these situations differently than girls.

AllieSF
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I have met several, but not a lot of, transmen while out, some post-op and looking very good in the handsome sort of way. They have all been very friendly and have some great personalities, just like other "normal" people. I would say that to meet them you need to network, i.e. become friends (casual is OK) with people who may come in contact with them. I see the most in lesbian themed bars. That does not mean that there are not a lot out everywhere, but I just don't notice them. So, maybe you need to start frequenting places where they might be and try to meet some that way. You can't be shy, but you do need to be tactful. Treat them as any other person who you would like to know, i.e. NOT, "Oh, you are a transman, I am curious about you". Notice I did not say be friends with. Friendship should only be based on a mutual liking of the person inside, not the the person projected on the outside or how someone, including society as a whole, may label them. Being a regular somewhere where they frequent and just being nice and friends with everyone, may provide you with the opportunity that you are looking for. Good luck.

mistunderstood
01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Depends on were what is up and how we feel at the moment.

Andy66
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
People on this forum are very nice, but I do notice that CD or Trans people (both men and women) I run across in real life often seem snobbish. Maybe they just have their defenses up in public? I have to think, how would I react if I'm just minding my own business and some random stranger suddenly seemed very interested in being my friend? I might be suspicious of their motives.

meganmartin
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies, well hopefully we can build a bridge and find away to be friends.
Don't get me wrong i have never had one them be rude just seems they are at a distant.
But Andy guess your right that is the way our life has been we are all seemingly guarded because so many either want to harm or have other motives....