PDA

View Full Version : An unapologetic crossdresser... but WHY?

Erica Dresser
01-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Now for a deeper question for all of you. Although I enjoy my crossdressing 'habit' completely, and my wonderful wife is very supportive of this being just part of 'who I am', I nonetheless puzzle over why this is in fact a part of me. Was it something in my childhood that triggered this interest? Is it something in my genes? Without doubt, it reflects in some way my sexual appetites, but what was/is it that defines these appetites?

I'm sure that there are many here who have greater insight into this than I, and any thoughts or knowledge that they'd care to share would be truly appreciated.

Ashley S
01-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately, there are dozens, probably hundreds of theories or reasons that you could potentially attribute to the urge to crossdress, or transgenderism in general. I myself have spent a considerable amount of time obsessing over this one, and doing all kinds of research. The conclusion that I've arrived at is that knowing exactly why would be nice, but it wouldn't really resolve anything for me.

I am who I am. Knowing or not knowing exactly what thing has caused me to be what way doesn't change who I've become.

Just my $0.02

Diana Bain
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi Erica, I honestly don't know WHY...many of us have asked...most of us have accepted that "we are who we are"...or "it's my nature."

Debra Russell
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
I think if we knew why we might be able to control it, but for now just the fact that as crossdressers we live and breath the same way everybody does and the question "why" is the same for all maner of issues - if we knew why it wouldn't be a problem................Debra

Barbara Ella
01-10-2012, 08:28 PM
While we all would like the why, it is almost universally accepted that there is no why available. It is who we are, and we must live with it. It certainly provides a lot of food for thought, and thought is never bad. It is important to not let not finding a why affect the mental state.

We must ask if it really important to know why? If you had the why, would you use it to change anything? If we are not ready to use it, then why.

Babes

Lucy_Bella
01-10-2012, 08:34 PM
I consider myself as a " Apologetic " Cross dresser... As a few already have said there are many theories but nothing solid.. I was raised to be against it, to suppress it was told it was wrong and it was bad for me to do... It's not a wonder I consider myself as a "Apologetic" Cross dresser.. I was told it was the main reason I am now divorced, I keep it to myself deep in my own closet and I allow it to consume me at times ..

I wish I knew why! ...Then maybe , just maybe I could lead a ordinary sane life... But until then I make the best of it..

Piora
01-10-2012, 08:34 PM
You may be interested in another ongoing thread right now:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?167013-Why-do-you-love-CD

docrobbysherry
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
That ONE TIME, 15 years ago, when I got up on THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED!:eek:
Think about it! I'll bet u did the same thing!:straightface:

OK! So, u think u have a BETTER THEORY!?:Angry3:

Diana Bain
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
That ONE TIME, 15 years ago, when I got up on THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED!:

Was that the day I stepped into my jeans with the LEFT leg first?...Damn:D

Ashley S
01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I think I'm going with cosmic radiation...takes the blame off me :heehee:

AnitaH
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
In my case I think I'll attribute it to all the Diesel fumes from my truck driving days. As good as any other theory I've heard.

AnitaH

Cari
01-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I spent a few years trying to figure out why
Turns out the Who.What,When and Where are allot more fun and combined with how keep me pretty busy :-)

For almost every theory I read I could have found some moment that fit it.
For me it was like trying to figure out why I had two arms, Just always had em.

Vanessa Storrs
01-10-2012, 10:26 PM
This is a two part question, the first, Why? has been pondered by the greatest thinkers and philosophers for centuries without being fully resolved. The limited space in this forum prevent a full discussion of this question.
The second part is easier, Am I a crossdresser? Yes!

With the sincerest apologies to Professor Irwin Corey.:)

Allisa
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
At one time we were all female in the womb,we just don't want to let go of that,talk about your surpressed memories.

sissystephanie
01-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I tried on a pair of my sisters panties when I was 6 years old, and liked the feel and the look. I was hooked!! Boy, have I worn a lot of female clothes since then1

Lorileah
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Was it something in my childhood that triggered this interest?
Yes, I wanted to wear what the girls got to wear.

Is it something in my genes? yes, I wanted what the girls had and was convinced I got cheated (even at 4 years old)

And there will be a million stories in the naked city. No one knows :)

Jenniferathome
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I never think about why. It just is. I simply enjoy it

Cynthia Anne
01-11-2012, 12:46 AM
One question, one thousdand answers! Until someone proves my doctor wrong, I'll keep beleiveing that a woman use to have my soul and she wants it back! Hugs!

Krististeph
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
for me, I first noticed girls at age 7- we were playing a game at recess where the 2 sides (boys vs girls) tried to capture the other 'army' and hold them prisoner. You could rescue someone by tagging them. I got caught, and Shari was my 'guard'. She was so cute- I never got 'rescued'. I loved the closeness of her, and the fire in her eyes when i tried to muscle my way free. I thought she was so pretty- I watched her for the rest of the year, and wanted to be with her- she dressed really cute!

To this day i have a bit of a bondage fetish too, starting because of her.

As far as how CD affects your sexual appetite, consider this: Sex is in the brain: everything else is just nerve endings. You have a good imagination, and are smart enough not to let the general public's opinion control you.

And, you have to admit- some of our outfits are SO cute!

-kristi

jaleecd
01-11-2012, 03:56 AM
I blame it on the girl down the block who decided to swap clothes with me. w were about 4 or 5 years old... I will never forget that feeling !!!!

suzy1
01-11-2012, 04:09 AM
One question, one thousdand answers! Until someone proves my doctor wrong, I'll keep beleiveing that a woman use to have my soul and she wants it back! Hugs!

That’s the best explanation I have ever heard of. I think you have got it Cynthia!

noeleena
01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Hi,

For most of us its a part of who we are from long before birth, Because certain things happened or misfired from what we would call ....Normal .... a cemical imblanace & the deeper we go back into it we then find theres so much more ether gone on or going on ,
going on that to write about it would take 100's of pages, So that being the case we are the way we are & our make up of who we are shows . when we allow or not a part of us that is not different just some people think it is

Yet when we look at = say fish they can change from male to female or other way & colours & some animales you see its there in nature, so enjoy who you are & the many gifts we have, I really think & accept its just another part of us,

& being I S just adds so much more ,I like being different , may be im weird or insane ether way i dont have to prove who i am ,

...noeleena...

Teri Ray
01-11-2012, 07:38 AM
MMMM I love this question as I am the only girl on this forum who has the correct answer. Actually this is the "question of all crossdresser questions". If one knows the answer to this mother of all questions then they know just about everything there is to know about anything. There are many theriores that attempt to support the answer to this question and I know many girls spend many years of there life searching their souls for the answer. Simply the answer is ..................uh mmmmm. Oh dang I forgot the question. Oh yes now I remember. I'll take "famous crossdressers for $200" Alex.

kimdl93
01-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Asking why is a pretty fundemental part of being human. As noted by others, there are a lot of explanations and I'm sure that each has some validity to many transgendered individuals. As noted in another post today, I am persuaded by research suggesting that, at least for those of us who actually identify to some degree as female, our brain is influenced by the hormonal environment of the womb .

I know that CDing fulfills a sexual need for many of us too. But I sometimes wonder if that isn't coincedental. I mean, really, when you're passing puberty, what isn't sexually charged?

jillleanne
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Your appetite was created by the burning desire to epilate your body. Those darn epilators!!!!

Laura912
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
There is a reason for why. Note that many here relate the desire to an early age. It is a brain hard wired thing that many fight, struggle with, succumb to, embrace etc. The why of the hard wiring will be found as neuroscienice learns more about brain pathways interactions. But what is demonstrated here is why ask why? It is o.k. To be who you are.
Laura

NicoleScott
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't think there's one reason. Some dress in women's clothes because it conforms to their internal feminine identity. That's a far different reason than for those who dress for sexual excitement.
Science/medicine/psychology tries to figure it out, and so do we. How many polls have we seen here, trying to identify a pattern: are you left-handed, oldest/youngest/only child, raised by single mother, abused by father, bullied, or play guitar?
As a pleasure dresser, I have my own belief (just stating it - not trying to push it). Imprinting. But I don't think it applies to identity dressers.
Many cd's say that when young, they tried on ________, and were hooked. But what made them put it on the first time?

Foxglove
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
My family will tell you it's because I always have to be different. I think they're probably right.

PretzelGirl
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
That's what happens when you grow up with a mother that holds girl's clothes up to you in the store when shopping! :heehee:

NathalieX66
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Lol! Try having a father that owned a children's clothing store that had some of the most frilliest girly-girl dresses on display. I was 4-7 years old........guess what I wanted? :daydreaming: