PDA

View Full Version : What do you like more dressing sexy or comfortably...

GenderCurious Andrea
01-10-2012, 10:49 PM
There is kind of a fine line between dressing to be comfortable and dressing to feel sexy or beautiful. Not that I don't feel comfortable in 5 inch heel or sexy in fuzzy slippers. But I can't figure out what I enjoy more. If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer? And what brand-names or styles best fit your dressing agenda?

sissystephanie
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I dress to look somewhat feminine, and to be comfortable. In all the years that I have been crossdressing I can't remember ever dressing to really look sexy! I just like to wear feminine clothes, not to be a woman!

Lorileah
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Actually sexy is comfortable for me, but I know what you meant and wearing nondescript, baggy, clothing is pretty much how guys dress normally so.....no I dress to look sexy (and often I dress in male things that women may find sexy...not hole-ly sweats or baggy droopy pants)

NathalieX66
01-10-2012, 11:16 PM
My style follows what women wear for whatever the occasion is. That's a happy place for me once I take the male libido equation out of the picture .
I have a fetish side.....something I had to address in order to understand myself after 10 years of denial. Once I finally separated the fetish side from my female identity side, I changed. Dividing the male libido from my true girl self was the best thing I ever did........kind of weird, eh?
Nah, I'm just jealous of women and how they freely express themselves without constraint. I want to be like them.

JessHaust
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I go with more what I would call glamor dressing. Yes I wear heels and hose, but no higher than 4" or so for heels and no fish-nets. I do like seams though! I wear low cut blouses, and fake pretty good cleavage, but it's still PG rated. I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. And I'm not interested in a nice pair of slacks , penny loafers and a oversized sweater! If I want comfort, I got jeans and T-shirts in boy mode for that.

Marleena
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm a leg man, always have been. I love miniskirts, I think they're sexy! My age is the downside for wearing them.:) In the house I will wear them.

I'm building up a more casual age appropriate wardrobe for walking out the door soon (I hope).

Stephenie S
01-10-2012, 11:57 PM
OMG, I dress for comfort.

S

Eryn
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM
If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer?

I'm very glad that I don't have to choose. I dress for the occasion. Holiday party = sexy. Shopping = comfy and convenient.

Patsy
01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Neither really, more for what me makes me look or feel more female. I'll put up with discomfort if I think it works better, and it sometimes involves emphasizing a bodily feature or showing more flesh, so being sexy is an part of it I suppose. I'm experimenting with various looks, finding out what works best for me. I'm like you Marleena, my aim is to go public at some stage, so I'm looking for an age appropriate look.

Cynthia Anne
01-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Since I was born sexy, I dress to be ME!!!!!!:D hUGS!

Jenniferathome
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
I prefer to dress "passably". Sexy is nice,but I'd never pass that way. Nordstom's kind of describes my style. But, to each his own.

Mercury
01-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I suppose for me its a little of both. My favorite outfit around the house is a tank top and sports bra, with a pair of capri sweats. She always makes fun of me saying that I look like a wannabe yoga instructor HAHA all in good fun :) I can't say she isn't right even though I feel a bit sexy :)

Samantha_Smile
01-11-2012, 01:01 AM
I like both to be fair.
But if Im dressing comfortably, I need to feel as pretty as I do when Im dressed a little more sexy.
Not that I even dress overtly sexy, I just wear what makes me feel good, sometimes its a short skirt and blouse, sometimes a dress, sometimes a skinny tshirt and jeans.
Meh, its all good : )

joanna4
01-11-2012, 01:15 AM
I enjoy dressing sexy more. Sometimes my pumps aren't comfortable but I like the way it makes me feel. Other than that everything else is kind of attention getting and I can get used to both the attention and the confortablility(leggings, skirts, etc.)

joanna4
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Once I finally separated the fetish side from my female identity side, I changed.
Me too, I also had a fetish side to dressing that I separated.

docrobbysherry
01-11-2012, 01:30 AM
For me, dressing is NOT about comfort! The more uncomfortable I am, the more I usually like what I see in the mirror! When I want comfort, NOTHING beats my drab rags!

Of course, when I choose an outfit to wear ALL DAY at the SCC, I can't have blisters on my feet by noon. Or, to walk around like a hooker while everyone else is dressed semi casual and/or like The OC soccer moms!
So, I compromise! Which is what girls that go out often USUALLY DO! Yuck!

Krististeph
01-11-2012, 01:44 AM
There is kind of a fine line between dressing to be comfortable and dressing to feel sexy or beautiful. Not that I don't feel comfortable in 5 inch heel or sexy in fuzzy slippers. But I can't figure out what I enjoy more. If you had to chose between the two which would you prefer? And what brand-names or styles best fit your dressing agenda?
Oh what a can-o-worms this question is... :-)

Right now- slim stretch jeans- nice white cotton blouse- oversized mens shirt style with feminine touches (nice name brand), dark red toenails, long cotton or acrylic sweater if i get chilly... very comfy.
Some other day: corset, 60+-minute makeup, high or tight hells or boots- very sexy dress- not very comfortable, physically, but emotionally, it feels good.

This is a good question, but just like every girl who posts messages here- there is no one single answer- just like no ggirl dresses one single way. I worked with a 30 year old- kind of a princess- always bought sexy costumes for Halloween parties- dressed nicely but slinky at the office holiday parties- she used to come into work wearing pajama-jeans, before they were invented! she was definately a comfy-girl if she was not going out. But then, she was rather a lazy worker too. On the other hand, a 20 something ggirl at the same place- dressed nicer for work, the occasional pantsuit, did not dress as nice for her parties or events (plenty of pix to document both), but her style was much more consistant- as was her work.

My personal goal is to find sexy, good looking clothes that fit well and I feel really comfortable in- even to the point of buying a similar style dress or skirt (something cheaper) and wearing it a lot in situations (not in public though) where i normally would not, in order to get used to the feeling and moving in that kind of outfit.

Brand name? Not sure- I have a few Tadashi dresses, Tahari and Anne Klein and nine west dresses and suits, some recent vintage Banana Republic silk sheath type dresses.

Anything somewhat upscale- macy's, L&T, nordstrom, the brands they might carry. I know it's a little generic, but i like the idea of going with something somebody has put together somewhere as an option for a style- Feels a little feminine to conform to the powers that be of design for the season. I'm not above tossing on a black skirtsuit jacket over a sleeveless black polka dotted dress to stay warm though- my wife is regularly surprised by my fashion successes (i also have enough mistakes too, which she thankfully does not bring up too often!) she regularly consults my opinion on new combos she tries- often right before she walks out the door- i take that as pretty trusting.

Sometimes being married to a crossdresser has real benefits. it's neat how they can become so 'normal' to our everyday life. :-)

angpai30
01-11-2012, 02:15 AM
I go with more what I would call glamor dressing. Yes I wear heels and hose, but no higher than 4" or so for heels and no fish-nets. I do like seams though! I wear low cut blouses, and fake pretty good cleavage, but it's still PG rated. I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. And I'm not interested in a nice pair of slacks , penny loafers and a oversized sweater! If I want comfort, I got jeans and T-shirts in boy mode for that.

I totally agree. I do not own one pair of jeans or any kind of pant in women's. I find that I wear them enough as a man that I would just rather prefer to wear dresses. I don't have many skirts or tops, but I love them anyways!!

Kristen~~

danielletorresani
01-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Sexy over comfort for me, for sure. If I don't have heels, thigh highs and a bustier on then it doesn't even feel like crossdressing. That's just me, anyway...

retrofitme
01-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Depends on my mood I guess - though lately comfort has been more the priority. I don't feel particularly attractive en femme or en drab until I lose some weight.

Kristy_K
01-11-2012, 03:14 AM
I dress with class with a touch of sexy .

vivianann
01-11-2012, 03:16 AM
OMG, I dress for comfort.

S

Me too, I wear dresses because they are comfortable for me.

prettytoes
01-11-2012, 04:52 AM
It's a mix of both for me. I love wearing miniskirts, which I think are very comfortable and sexy. I wear satin bikini panties that are far more comfortable than my old male underwear...oh yeah, and just a little bit sexier! I had a medical procedure the other week and it made me realize how uncomfortable my old male underwear is. I am also comfortable in a pair of tights and a sweater dress. I lounge around the house in tight fitting, flare leg yoga pants. All very comfortable, yet also sexy IMO.

erickka
01-11-2012, 06:19 AM
I'd say a little bit of both. I really like my girly jeans ( sorry, Karren) with ballet flats and a comfy tunic, but I also am quite at home in a form fitting skirt or dress and a pair of 5" pumps. I guess the way I dress depends on the weather and how I feel that day.

ArleneRaquel
01-11-2012, 06:20 AM
I dress as womanly as possible, I guess that implies sexy also, which is fine with me. Comfort is a priority also, but the look comes first.

kimdl93
01-11-2012, 09:15 AM
For me, the key is to downplay the male attributes and accentuate the feminine. I don't go overtly sexual, but I strive for both a shape and style that look feminine. But I also think about the setting. If I'm going to the mall, I'll dress differently than when I'm going out for dinner or drinks. If I feel that I look good - or at least presentable.

Sara Jessica
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I just bought some sweats. Decidedly feminine ones (oh so cute & stylish) but sweats nonetheless.

So where do I turn in my card?

Jodi
01-11-2012, 10:32 AM
People on this MB tend to equate sexy with tight tops, short skirts and ultra high heels. Not really so in the world of gg's. I have seen many women who are ultra sexy in jeans and a nice top. Women know how to accessorize to bring out their best attributes when dressing casually.

For me, I would not call my appearance sexy at all. I always go for a classy look. I believe that with the right accessories, I can present as classy in anything from a sweatsuit, jeans, skirts, or dresses. It depends upon the occasion and the situation.

It is how you put the outfit together and how you present yourself.

And Sara, don't worry, I don't think you have to turn in your card.

Nicole Brown
01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't really express my style in terms of sexy or comfortable, I express it in terms of being feminine and expressing femininity. Of course I just love to wear hose, heels and dresses or skirts, but I also want to fit in and not stand out in the crowd. The longer I have been Nicole, and the more that I go out, the more I tend to emulate what other woman wear for a given activity. I tend to dress at the upper end of the scale so I never wear sweats or sneakers, I will instead, for example, wear a blouse or sweater, a pair of tailored slacks and flats when going for lunch or shopping. My favorite times are when I am going out for an evening and get to dress up a little bit. At these times, the heels come out, the dress gets a little tighter, lower cut and a little shorter and yes, I guess I do look and feel sexy. I also consider age appropriate attire essential and never try to wear what a 20 year old would wear or look good in.

I guess you can say that I dress like any other fashionable lady over 50 would dress.

cdliz15
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Definitely sexy. I don't dress all the time, so when I do, I want to feel and look beautiful. After all, you know what they say, pain is beauty.

Daphne Renee
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
somewhat sexy depeds on the occasion. what I am doing etc..

Cheryl T
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Mostly for comfort. BUT....every now and then when I wear something special it's the best.
Had that feeling a week ago. We went shopping and I bought a dress we had been looking at. It was reduced again so I bought it.
A few days later I got all dolled up and wore it for some pictures in the house and I FELT SEXY! Love that dress.....

So mostly for comfort....but OH Wow those other times....!!

Launa
01-11-2012, 08:10 PM
For me its about glamour and pain over feeling comfortable anytime, except nightime at the house.

PretzelGirl
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I just bought some sweats. Decidedly feminine ones (oh so cute & stylish) but sweats nonetheless.

So where do I turn in my card?

I guess I am in line behind you then. I am lounging around in a set relaxing after a fairly long work day.

Mercury
01-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I am also comfortable in a pair of tights and a sweater dress. I lounge around the house in tight fitting, flare leg yoga pants. All very comfortable, yet also sexy IMO.

I couldn't agree more! I love the yoga pants!

Madilyn A.
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Since dressing for me is somewhat rare these days, I much prefer to spend the time dressing and feeling as sexy and glamorous as possible. Typically 5" heels, stockings and garterbelt or pantyhose depending on my mood; shaping lingerie, body hugging dress, and full makeup and jewelry.

NathalieX66
01-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I just want to do whatever girls do.

They have all the freedom to express themselves everyday however they want, and that's all I want.
They make me jealous, so decided that I wanted to be just like them. No more explanation needed.

GenderCurious Andrea
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM
It's kinda funny I spend so much time and effort trying to look beautiful. But at the end of the day I'm happiest in a tank top and yoga pants or leggings, flats and long sweater...

Chazity
01-12-2012, 12:00 AM
it depends on if im cleaning the house or wanting to feel like im going to a club .......it doesnt matter either way i always feel comfortabile has a woman

Melissa.Lynn88
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
It depends on my mood. Usually I like to wear casual comfortable clothes, but I do have my times where I want to put on some heels and something more dressy. Either way I'm dressed I feel good about myself.

rachel de Corvus
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
i prefer sexy, and almost always wear a corset and usually high heels when dressed. It's funny, though. With that said, i am in comfortable clothes at the moment.

Elana
01-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Depends for me, a lot of the times i like to dress sexy and prettily. Yet there are times i like comfort also. Dressing in a simple sun dress or skirt/tank top makes me feel sexy yet comfortable while home.

rnkaari
01-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Feeling comfortable is very important..but wearing the skirts a numberof times makes you feel comfortable in those sexy dresses.

Katelyn B
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Mostly comfort, since I spend all of my time when not at work as Katie, doing stuff around the house, seeing friends, just normal stuff, so I guess I just dress like a normal girl. That said, I can't bring myself to wear flats, I just love shoes (but what girl doesn't). For me the silhouette is important, I want to look curvy no matter what I'm wearing, and if I pull it off then that makes me feel sexy.

PamelaHowit
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Sexy and Glam for me. Spend to long in male suits to have it any other way.

susangirl
01-12-2012, 07:58 PM
I much rather dress it a little. I don't get dress very much ( 3 - 4 times per month if I'm lucky. I have some girly jeans and t-shirts but never seem to wear them unless I need to get my fix very quickly. I hate to cover up my legs and miss the chance to wear sexy stockings and a under the bust corset with six or eight stocking hooks. I love the way I feel when walking in all the get up. I also love creating mega cleavage. Even when people think I'm might be a man in woman clothing my legs look great ( women have told me ) and my breast looks very natural. I much rather dress up sexy.

busker
01-13-2012, 12:53 AM
. I like to think that anything you would see in a 1940's movie is sexy enough for me. .

If you like 1940's here the place you want to shop at
http://www.shabbyapple.com/c-49-1943.aspx

kimberly36
01-13-2012, 01:00 AM
I dress comfy more then sexy, perfer to just lay around in my comfy girl jeans and tank top, need to get myself a pair of yoga pants

MsJanessa
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Really depends on my mood and what the occasion is---if I have a date or am going to a club, then sexy---if I'm going to the mall or something during the day---usually comfy wins out---although that doesn't always mean Im going to dress like Im going to wash the car--lol---an attractive top, longish but slightly tight skirt and moderate heels will do it---other times girl jeans and boots

lingerieLiz
01-13-2012, 01:20 AM
It used to be sexy, but as I've gotten older it has progressed to comfort. I wear pretty clothes and love silk, but the tight fitting skirts and dresses have given way to shorts and slacks. I just dress for my age.

TatianaJames
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
I prefer comfy going out during the day since its more of what GG's do and you want to blend in with them. Sometimes for night outings Ill wear my boots or heels with a nice casual minidress. I must admit I dont really dress "sexy" as in silky frilly stuff. I prefer to resemble a GG as much as I can instead whether Im at home or in public.

Leslie Iz
01-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I like to wear whatever makes me feel like I should. When I first starting cding it was certain items specifically by themselves, pantyhose, swimwear, but now I go for the complete look that is comfortable and sexy. Jeans are strictly in the mens department with dresses, skirts and blouses taking center stage. My wardrobe today could rival my mothers or grandmothers.

danielle74
01-14-2012, 03:42 AM
i dress sexy, 4" pink high heels, 3" inch gold hoop earrings, short black cocktail dress and hot pink nail polish!!!