PDA

View Full Version : Whats First ?

yas159
01-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi girls, I am just curious to find out if you have a routine when dressing....do you put your makeup on first and then get dressed, or vice versa?
I tend to put my undies on first, put on my makeup and then get dressed.....wig and lipstick as the finishing touch!
I'd love to know what other girls do.....

Claire Cook
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
For me, makeup is the lst thing that goes on -- don't want the stuff getting on my clothes! Besides, it gives me a chance to see what colors work best with what I am wearing.

kimdl93
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
moisturizer and make up right after the shower. Then undies, corset/shaper, bra/forms, whatever outfit I've chose, and finally, my wig, earrings and other accessories.

NicoleScott
01-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Eyes first, then the rest of the makeup except lipstick. Then I dress, put on shoes, wig, jewelry, perfume. Next to last are fake nails (I use adhesive tabs) because it's harder to dress and put the wig on with the nails on, risking ripping them off. Lipstick is always last, not for practical reasons, but as a "personal preference".

meganmartin
01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I always put on clothes before the makeup, seems i have a tendency of not being able to make up my mind so get that out of the way first, then makeup.

Get dressed, makeup, wig, lipstick, jewelery, nails and then shoes....but i usally open my beer before i put on my nails.

Cynthia Anne
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Panties, bra then makeup for me! Wig is last! Hugs!

Diana Bain
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Foundation first (I get pressed powder everywhere), then I'll put my bra, forms and pantyhose on, the rest of my makeup and jewelry. Next is clothes, heels and finally my wig.

Daphne Renee
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Clothes first makeup later. Jewlrey shoes last

JessHaust
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Shower, moisturizer. Then makeup, foundation, eyes, contour, but not lipstick. Next is a little alcohol wipe where the wig tape goes and then on with the hair. Now clothes, brush/style hair finally lipstick and I'm ready to go. Leave house!
The last step is the best!!

thechic
01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Shower first then skin routine,makeup then get dressed,if going to work only minimal amout of makup, jewelry and flats.

ArleneRaquel
01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Make up first, if I'm going out, if not clothes first.

Julie Denier
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Clothes and shoes first, then makeup, next wig and finally jewelry -- love brushing the hair back to attach earrings ;)

Vickie_CDTV
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Makeup first, all my underthings, clothes, jewelry and then shoes. I don't want to get makeup on my clothes while applying it, which I am personally likely to do.

suchacutie
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
First I usually pour or make a drink! Nails next while reading or surfing or working (computer stuff). I have a pair of 4.5 in clogs I wear every morning, so lingerie from the waist down goes on so I can wear the clogs followed by shave/wash and toner, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation around the eyes, then eyes, contouring foundation and the rest of the foundation, blush and bronzer, and finally powder and usually Tina's necklace (see avatar). Back to the closet for bra and outer clothes (if I'm showing cleavage the contouring foundation goes on after the bra). Finally wig. Back to the bathroom for brushing wig and adding earrings, other jewelry, and lip gloss. By then I need another drink so Tina heads out for one :).

Makes me tired just typing this!!!

Tina

Cheryl T
01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Makeup, hair, then my glasses so I can see what I want to wear...lol.
Then all my clothing...

PretzelGirl
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
A smile always goes on first! :D

DanaR
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I always do my makeup first, then dress; which isn't the way that I always didn't it. Early on, I was worried about messing up my makeup. One of the other Seattle girls told me how she did hers and it works very good. After you do your makeup, just before putting on your clothes, take a plastic shopping bag (like the one you get your groceries in) and pull it over your head, then put your top or dress on. Don't forget to take off the bag before you leave.:battingeyelashes:

MsJanessa
01-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I usually wear lingerie while putting on my makeup then get fully dressed afterwards

Karren H
01-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I get naked and then put it all on at the same time!! Like starting with a blank sheet of paper..

Susan_Xdress
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
If I am going out, then a bath and hair removal. First I brush out my hair so that it is long and straight and then tie it back out of the way. Then I put on panties, bra and hose and sit and do my foundation, eyes and blush. I then finish up my hair, usually a simple flip in back and perhaps a dropped curl over one eye. Then I finish dressing in whatever; slip/skirt/dress, tops and shoes. I put on minimum jewelry, usually earrings and a pendant and the last thing I do is apply lipstick and a squib of perfume on my neck and sometimes around the hem of my dress/skirt.

Kristy_K
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I get dressed first because it takes so long to figure out what I am going to wear. Plus it also gives me time to change my mind again. Then makeup before the wig.

carhill2mn
01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I do my eyes first and then my face. After I am dressed I add my wig and then my lip liner and lipstick.

Persephone
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
A smile always goes on first! :D

Perfect!

My 20 to 30-minute ritual:

Plug in curling iron or rollers, shave, shower, apply foundation.

Dress while foundation is drying.

Apply eye shadow and liquid eye liner.

Put on jewelry while eye liner dries (don't squinch up eyes!).

Apply mascara, eyebrow gel, and lip liner.

Do hair.

Shoes, lipstick, and gone!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Stephanie47
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Before I apply my makeup I fully dress with the exception of my dress. I love applying makeup in bra, slip and heels. Maybe I've seen too many movies of lovely actresses sitting at their vanity tables and applying makeup.

Dana7
01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Before I apply my makeup I fully dress with the exception of my dress. I love applying makeup in bra, slip and heels. Maybe I've seen too many movies of lovely actresses sitting at their vanity tables and applying makeup.

Me too. But also because I don't want to get makeup on my nice outfit.