PDA

View Full Version : your own way and more questions....

Wendy me
10-27-2005, 07:07 AM
we all come here and talk abought everything ...from telling our so's to make up ....and we all hear storys abought people going out and shopping trips to a late night drive in the car .....we all gain surport and build on our lives as cd's ... thats true ...

1) the question s do you do things just because you read abought someone here doing it ???

2) do you do your own thing at your own pace??

3)has being here made you do things you never thought you could do???

4) do you have any regretes ??????

5) what is the bigest thing you have done after being here???

6) how mutch did what you read here play in doing it???

7) do you belive all the storys here abought going out and so's accpeting ???

8) ever done something and wished you did not (in regards to cding)????

9) do you feel that there is something you want to do and are so afraid that you just won't try to do it???

10) what makes you part of this family of sisters we have here????

Shannon
10-27-2005, 07:35 AM
1) the question s do you do things just because you read abought someone here doing it ???

No, not really. I do things because I want to. Reading about them here helps me expand my vision and prompts me to try different things. But it is always because I want to do them.

Right now, I'm taking small steps, one at a time. This is the best way for me to build confidence and minimize uncertainities and risks. I know eventually I'll probably have a negative experience, but I want to have a lot of positive experiences to build a foundation of poise and confidence.

Yes, it hasn't "made" me do things I never thought I could do, but it has inspired me, given me a sense of community and support, and plenty of suggestions.

My only regret is that I wasn't doing all that I'm doing now 40 years ago!

Gone out en femme at night on short trips to the gas station, and tried on a skirt, in drab, at a store.

It gave me a lot of reassurance that most likely, there would not be a problem at the store, that most likely the sales staff wouldn't say anything, and that mostly likely, I probably wasn't going to be the first one to do it.

I'm a trusting person. And most of the people here I think are highly credible. Some even provide pictures for proof! I'm amazed that there are 'so many' accepting spouses, but I have no reason to question the truth in these stories. (But I must say, your line of questioning is making me a bit paranoid :) )

I wish that I hadn't purge the times that I did. I wish that I had been more directly open about it with my ex before we got married.

9) do you feel that there is something you want to do and are so afraid that you just won't try to do it???

Well, my big "goal" right now is to go out en femme in daylight and go shopping. I suspect that I will, because I want it so much. Also, getting a make-over at a salon or cosmetics counter would be a major event for me requiring nerves of steel and confidence that I don't have right now.

Sharing stories, feelings, and experiences is the biggest part. Exchanging advice and pointers. Learning from each other. Not being alone and seeing that although we all have one thing in common, there is a great diversity among us in our experiences and support we have from family and friends. Simply being able to log on and participate -- the process itself, as well as any outcome -- is why I feel a part of this family. Oh, and a lot of unconditional regard and acceptance.

Faye Emmette
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
1) I've always done what I wanted to do; it came naturally.

2,3,4,5,6) I'm a bit spoilt, living by myself so there are no time frames and I can do whatever I want with no regrets. I spend most of my life indoors so I can stay a woman all the time.

7) I believe everyones reports about what they're doing. I like to hear of others progress and supporting anyone else.

8) Yes. Had a Bacardi & Cola before going out for a drive one night and having to use a public toilet as I was bursting. Long story.

9) I can not tell my neighbours or kids or mates know I am so much a woman. Though I think the neighbours suspect after all these years of going out for night drives.

10) I feel immediately a sense of belonging and warmth and friendship with my new found, and important, friends here.

TGMarla
10-27-2005, 08:01 AM

Well, not yet, but the temptation to do some things is getting greater.

I don't do very much, so I would have to say yes.

It is giving my the confidence to consider trying some things I haven't tried yet.

I regret that my wife is unaccepting. I would have it differently if I could.

Really, my situation has not changed much, but being here has created a lot of introspection within myself, and has made me more comfortable with myself. Thanks, ladies!

I'll let you know if/when it happens.

Hmmm....well, some, most, not all.

Well, It's easy to wish that I'd never been caught by anyone.

Yes, very much so. I want to go out. I want to join the local support group. I want to mingle with the public as a woman without severe problems doing so. I want to shop, go to restaurants, and walk around en femme, but fear and my present circumstances holds me back.

All of you do. I hold a great debt of gratitude to all of you wonderful ladies here. I've never felt so accepted by anyone before in my life. I can't get enough of you girls. I love it here! You've changed the way I feel about myself and the way things can be with a little effort and change. Thank you!

Great Post, Wendy!!!

:cool:

Bonnie D
10-27-2005, 09:01 AM
1) do you do things just because you read about someone here doing it ???

Due to another cd site I went to their club and dressed and then went out en femme with 5 other cds.

I've always done things at my own pace, however, going out en femme for my first time is pushing me to increase my pace.

I never thought I would talk so openly about my thoughts. I've wanted to for so long.

4) do you have any regrets ??????

Not telling my wife the total truth before we were married and letting her decide our fate. She still doesn't know which is regretable.

5) what is the biggest thing you have done after being here???

Going out en femme with other cds to a cd friendly gay bar/restaurant and then to a cd friendly Latin 80s dance club.

6) how much did what you read here play in doing it???

Reading how so many have gone out en femme.

7) do you belive all the stories here about going out and so's accepting ???

I always trust people until given a reason not to.

no

tell my wife

My story is so similar to everyone's with variations of course. When I was very young I was alone in this. As I got older I was still alone but was beginning to learn that there were others out there like me but there was no way to contact them. Now there is and I am very appreciative of the ability to talk and share our stories and concerns and to help each other when we can.

Bonnie

JoAnnDallas
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
1) The question is do you do things just because you read about someone here doing it???
I have read what other sisters have done, and decided on my own if I am ready to do some of the things others have done.

2) Do you do your own thing at your own pace??
Yes, I have had encouragement from reading posts and talking with others, but I achieve at my own pace.

3) Has being here made you do things you never thought you could do???
Yes, I went out in the daylight totally en fem and it felt great.

4) Do you have any regrets??????
Yes, wife and family do not know, and yes I’m terrified to tell wife. Also I wish forums like this one existed years ago. I know that my life would be different and better, if I had the same feelings and support I get from this forum.

5) What is the biggest thing you have done after being here???
Gone out in the daylight totally dressed up, filled up the SUV, and bought a newspaper from a newsstand. Had to get out of the SUV both times and was seen by others from a distance and no one even really noticed me. I have gone out at night before, but going out in the daylight had always scared me. Until now.

6) How much did what you read here play in doing it???
Having read many outing posts, encouraged me to make the decision to take the great step and go out en fem. Also talking with others via email and PM/IM and knowing that the CD world is not the big bad scary place I thought it was for so long.

7) Do you believe all the stories here about going out and SO's accepting ???
I am a trusting soul, but pictures say a thousand words. As for SO’s, it seems to go either accepting or not. How many go which way, that is the question.

8) Ever done something and wished you did not (in regards to cding)????
From time to time, got scared that I would be found out and purged my wardrobe and then had to start over.

9) Do you feel that there is something you want to do and are so afraid that you just won't try to do it???
Yes, tell my wife. Now don’t nag me on this. Each of us are different and each situation is different.

10) What makes you part of this family of sisters we have here????
The friends I have made, the stories, the advice, the criticism, the LOVE, the feeling that I am no longer alone.

MandyTS
10-27-2005, 09:46 AM

Generally not, I do what I want to do based on the situation. Due to the factors related to my CDing related to TS going out, etc is not as important as some.

Definitly, bringing out the woman inside of me is a time consuming process.

Sure, like walk in downtown in a skirt that matched my shirt with no questions.

Regrets? Why would I? I actually have more thanks than regrets.

Walk around downtown in a skirt

Just a little

If someone comes out and says something on the net I tend to believe them since this is an open forum... of course people always lie

No

Go out in femme... although I have no desire to do so.

Knowing people here feel just like me although we are all unique and our own person.

Kim E
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
1) No not really, I'm my own person.
2) Absolutely.
3) No, inspired me, maybe.
4) Yes, that I didn't accept and deal with my transgendered issues 40 years ago.
5) Haven't been here all that long, so just carrying on carrying on. Becoming more accepting of who I am.
6) I feel I recieve much positive re enforcement here.
7) I'm honest when I post and assume others are too.
8) No, not really.
9) Transition 24/7 as a female. But I live in the middle of redneck heaven, which has a minus zero tolerance for people like us. Don't need my place burned down, my head split or worse. I'm dealing with a serious medical problem now and don't need a bulls eye on my back to further complicate things.
10) Hopefully from my life experiences, I can help a sister in a tiny way, to be reassured or be supported or alerted to a mistake that I made in the past. I think everyone here shows a genuine concern and bond with each other. This is a nice place to be.

Zelgadis
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM

No. I don't do anything unless it was me who decided to do it.

It's the only way I know how to do things. I never ask for help or anything, I just assume I have to do everything on my own, so often I just do whatever, no matter what everyone else is doing.

Not really, but then I've only been here a few days...

Yes. But about CD'ing, my only regret is I didn't notice sooner and start growing my hair earlier lol.

Again, I havn't been here for very long, so atm, nothing.

Ummmm... N/A?

Until otherwise noted, I'll believe it. Why not? Even if it isn't true, it won't make a huge impact on me.

Well I havn't ripped anything yet... hehe

Well... I would like to tell my mother, but to problem isn't so much fear as spite, anger, and other not so positive views of my mother...

I'm the odd one lol. I don't mean say I'm odd just because I want to be, no, I'm odd. I suppose if I went to Japan, I wouldn't be so odd. But even then, I'd still be cionsidered odd becasue of my interests/views and such. That, and I'm not asian lol. And I have red hair, so I'd stand out like a sore thumb, even among others with simular interests. And I like to show off said red hair, mainly 'cause everyone likes it so much, so I don't wear headdresses, unlike most gosu rori.

Stephanie Brooks
10-27-2005, 11:36 AM

No.

Always.

The only thing I see that I've not done elsewhere is post so many messages. It's not as if it is a contest. I just don't fit most places. Somehow I fit here.

No.

Post.

None.

No. At first when I came here, my ability to detect lies was extremely low. I've improved my ability. That said, most stories here - including those about going out and accepting SOs - I think are true.

Okay, even that's a belief to some degree. I think most people are good, and I prefer err on the side that people are telling the truth.

No, I don't recall anything like that.

No.

I come here and I fit. I like the people here, I like the people running the place. People accept me here.

There are real people here behind the posts, all around the world. We're trying to get along together and make this community work. Somedays we're about crossdressing, somedays about other things. Always it's about being here together.

I don't fit in the real world. Oh I do to some extent, but not much. I'm a good actor that way. Stephanie isn't allowed much time in the real world, and certainly not with family and friends. (Doesn't seem much like family and friends when they don't like how you dress or how you look.) Here I can be myself.

I look forward to seeing certain people through their posts. ^_^ I also like to see new threads and meet new people through interesting posts.

I hate squabbles. I hate hurtful posts, because I experience the pain directed at the intended recipient. That's family too. Still I remain.

There's a Zen-like comfort for me here. We come here, we post, we see what others have said. We're together, even if physically miles, hours, and seasons apart. I think some of us would enjoy it very much if we could all get together physically some day. I simply enjoy that we can get together this way.

^_^

Joanne_2003
10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I can't remember all the questions but I do what I do because I want to.

This site has helped me especially the Beauty Club and the inspiring tales of our sisters going out. (whether they are true or not).

I've learned a lot about my crossdressing because many "sisters" have wrote about feeling the same things that I feel.

I regret not telling my SO sooner as she really has been great through the last year since I told her!:D

Tiffy
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
1. I have done things because I ahve read it on here.

2. I do my own thing at my own pace. But there are times when my pace could use a push. And reading that someone has just done something I wanted to do helps give me that push.

3. Oh for sure. I never thought I would try on clothes in a store. But, I have now.

4. Regrets, sure. But none from here. This place has been really good for me. I think.:cool:

5. From being here I have outed myself to most of my family and as I said before I tried on clothes in a store. Have never been shy of buying them but was scared as hell to try them on.

6. I would have to say a very large part. Because I knew others could do it and have done it. They seemed happier and I wanted and needed to be happier.

7. No, but I do feel that most are true or mostly true. I have a very open, supporting, and sexual SO. And have told and written stories about our adventures. And been told I was telling a fictional tale. Yes, they may seem so at times. But, some of us really do live in thoes types of relationships.

8. Just telling my ex- wife.

9. Oh for sure. But, I am so scared to try it I will not even tell what it is. Because then my wife may try to make me do it.

10. Hell I do not know. Only the girls here can tell me if I am part of this family. I just hope I am.

Kisses, April Marie

Wendy me
10-27-2005, 05:33 PM

no not at all ...

yes and them dame small steps well every now and then you got to take one big step....

yes for shure i have found with being here i as a person have grown to realy like who i am ..

not realy but that whole if i accpeted me for who i am a lot sooner then things might be diffrent now ...but over all no regretts...

learned that haveing a wife and being a crossdresser puts things a lot diffrent ...see it's not abought me anymore but more abought us / her and things need to be done with thinking abought her (my wifes) feelings...

a lot see when you read from like minded people in your lifestyle and from their so's it helpes to see what outhers think...

you know some well a lot more than some are real beliveable then some you just get that feeling ....you know..........

not realy i almost did that purge thing thank god for sisters that keep me from doing that...

not realy i have gone out many times and outside of not going out with my wife or outher cd's ...but i shure that will change....:D

when i frist came here i was awar struck finding this place and did not fuly relize what a part of my life it would come to play ....i now have sisters all over the world ... and i am truly amazed at the levele of careing and understanding that i found here and also how mutch we all are there for each outher .....i was shakeing and fearful in my frist posts here now i feel that i can and sometimes do give back to this place a bit of me ...someone that is a lot more comfy with who i am....

Tracy Lynn
10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Sometimes, but not usually
Yes always a hectic pace.
Yes, I've been a lot bolder.
No
Spend evenings with my wife while dressed.
I was on the edge but reading on this site pushed me over it
I would have to say about 90%.
NO
Go out dancing with my wife. It just seems very hard to be able to go out in public.
We have alot in common, I am open and honest with all of you, and I just feel like I belong here.

Debbie Kong
10-27-2005, 07:15 PM

No

Yes

No

I regret not embracing my TVism when I was twenty but that doesn't have anything to do with this Forum

Met with another Forum member but we had already connected via another Forum

Nothing

Sure. Why not?

Can't think of anything.

No

I'm a TV but I don't consider myself to be a part of any family.

11) what's your favorite clor?

Blue...no, red! Arrrrgh!

Debbie

Miss Vicki
10-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Some of the things that I do are a direct effect of this website. For example. I have been in love with wearing pantyhose for over 30 years, yet I went out and bought a bustier with stockings to attach to the garters this week. I love the feel and it has changed my thought patterns.
Maybe this site is testing me to do and enjoy more of what I want.

Natalie x
10-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Good thread, Wendy, very interesting.

No, I do things I want to do

Yes

Not made me, but I am often inspired and encouraged by what I read

None

Telling my kids; Going out dressed; Taking hormones. They are all pretty big things, but I couldn't point to just one

Some, I find the girls here so supportive

Of course! :angel: I always believe everybody

Hhhmmm, nothing I can think of

No, I have reached my comfort level in crossdressing, and can't think of anything else I want to do that I'n not already doing. But I know I could, if I wanted to, because I have faced the hardest challenges and know that I can tackle anything I choose

The friendship and caring of everyone here encourages me to share my experiences, and the support I see and receive shows me how I can play a part in helping others.

Dragster
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Great thread Wendy. I'm not going to answer each question, but since I joined here earlier this year, I've learned a lot, and done many things because I've read about other's experiences and decided to try them myself. I've also logged some things to do when/if I get my wife to accept my CD desires. And on that topic, I decided to try one last time with her, by following advice from others here, and bought a copy of My Husband Betty to use as a discussion aid. Six months later, I'm still waiting for her to finish reading the first 4 chapters, so it's a slow process, baby steps and all that. If I eventually do make some real progress, it'll be down to all you gals here!

Regrets? Only one. That I didn't find somethinig like this 30 years ago! But the 'net hadnt been invented then!

Tony

Sarahgurl371
10-28-2005, 05:29 PM
No, but I have questioned myself with respect to the very question. Sometimes hearing someone elses ideas make you want to do the same. Hopefully I am not that easy.

Yes. But corresponding with people further down the road to acceptance than myself, makes me want to play catchup.

Yes. I have stood up for myself to my wife. I have realized that I am OK just the way I am, and that I deserve to be loved the way I am.
I regret not having the courage to talk to others about all this many years ago. I regret not allowing myself to know myself before now. I regret how I have handled this all with my wife, and that it took me so long to tell her something that might have changed our lives, she needs to be treated with respect as well. Obviously, if I could go back and change any of this I would.

Have started to accept myself, and realize that I am special, I am not a freak(well maybe just a little!). I AM OK!!!!!!![COLOR="red"[/COLOR]

It had everything to do with it! Thank you all, CDs and GGs alike.

I think that I do, I realize some people may get thier kicks out of messing around with us, but I believe that they would eventually knock it off. I sure hope the message of acceptance, as evidenced by going out and SO's acceptance is true and can be obtained for all of us.

Used to regret it all. Now I am just beginning to realize that I truly do like myself this way. Also the way I have delt with it with respect to my wife.

Going out and meeting others face to face, support group stuff.

We all have something very intimate in common. I also have recieved much help from you all, and sincerely hope that something I post will help someone in need!

Jonien
10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_210.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)

1) the question s do you do things just because you read about someone here doing it ??? no

2) do you do your own thing at your own pace?? yes

3)has being here made you do things you never thought you could do??? no

4) do you have any regreets ?????? yes should have found out more years ago

5) what is the biggest thing you have done after being here??? talking to my GP

6) how much did what you read here play in doing it??? I have read and learned a lot from this forum it has been a big help in finding myself like the conditioning from childhood that berried my true self this forum has given me life and a future

7) do you believe all the story's here about going out and so's accepting ??? from my own experiences most story's I can believe but some no way

8) ever done something and wished you did not (in regards to cding)???? yes took my wife out dressed before I had developed a good look and got read this made my wife uncomfortable now dose not like me going out dressed although I still do.

9) do you feel that there is something you want to do and are so afraid that you just won't try to do it??? not yet ???

I like to think that we are all one family some of you I know and love and been so much more help and support to me than my own relatives

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_8_14.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)