PDA

View Full Version : shaving legs?

Tracy - new dresser
01-12-2012, 09:19 AM
i want to shave my legs but i dont think i can, living in Queensland AUS its hot all the time lol wouldnt b able to handle wearing long pants all the time

Michelle 2
01-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Would you not agree that for that reason it is perfect for you to shave your legs? It is much cooler and you do not sweat as much.

Michelle

moondog
01-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I had a friend who shaved his legs, he said it was because he did a lot of long distance biking. He claimed all the bikers, like Lance Armstrong, shaved their legs because when they get deep tissue massages it pulls the leg hairs. Don't know how true that is, he also said his any girlfriend he had enjoyed his smooth legs. Of course this will only work if you do, in fact, long distance biking and are in really good physical shape.

Nice reason Michelle. Thanks, I've been looking for something because I live in shorts all summer.

Tracy - new dresser
01-12-2012, 09:34 AM
yeh that is a good point michelle :) but see the problem is im in a small town and small minded town lol, ill be judged very neg and all my co-workers/friends/family will obivously notice :S

my gf wont mind abit she is very loving and supportive and im very thankful of that :)

KayleeDahl
01-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't think anyone requires you to wear pants if you have shaved legs... ;)

people really don't notice it, and if they do, they don't say anything.... In the couple times that people have said something (and they were only really close friends), i just use the biking excuse. which is true, i do compete in triathlons (at a local level), and both bikers and swimmers typically shave their legs. BTW you don't have to be super in shape to claim you bike or swim... everyone starts somewhere...

Truthfully i only worried about all this the first year that i had my legs shaved... the last few its not even something i ever think about when wearing shorts etc... you'll get used to it too once you realize it really isn't a big deal.

Hugs
Kaylee

Tracy - new dresser
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
maybe i should start riding a bike lol. im not worried about the public just my close friends, like im a pretty hairy guy so friends would spot it in an instant

JessHaust
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
maybe i should start riding a bike lol. im not worried about the public just my close friends, like im a pretty hairy guy so friends would spot it in an instant

That was and is still my excuse. The bonus is that when you actually do ride, it does great things for your legs. I have 2 very pretty 20 something daughters and they are jealous of MY legs!

Laura912
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Consider shaving your leg (a delicious feeling) and responding to those that say anything with it is cooler in hot weather because the hair acts as an insulator. Suggest that they try it. Also, tell them that your GF thinks it is sexy and her opinion counts a lot.
Laura

Karren H
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd move! The next best thing would be to crop your leg hair and bleach it blonde... Make it almost unnoticed under nylons. Yet you still look fuzzy enough in male shorts. Works for arms too. In the cooler months when you do wear long plant then wax your legs. The hair that comes back in thinner and finer... Makes for less work the next summer.

Diana Bain
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Tracy, just do it. If you don't like it, it will grow back...and when was the last time you looked to see if a mans legs were shaved?

Cheryl T
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM
i want to shave my legs but i dont think i can, living in Queensland AUS its hot all the time lol wouldnt b able to handle wearing long pants all the time

Exactly the reason I love being smooth....and hate the winter here when I have to wear pants and cover my legs. Of course I don't want it too hot either, makes it yucky in hose if it's too hot.
Just do it...no one will care and it will feel so much nicer.

wearingtanpantyhose
01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I shaved mine and not a single person has said a word about it, and I do wear shorts in the summer. I will say I did it in stages. First, I used clippers with a guard and reduced the length of the hair. Then gradually, I started shaving areas... knees, back of my calf, etc. Now, my legs are completely smooth and I just love how they look in hose or even bare in a skirt.

Phoebe
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Found this interesting?? WikiHow How to Be a Hairy Woman: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hairy-Woman
I like smooth legs and also shave my arm pits, forearms and chest. I don't have a lot of hair on the areas other than my face so it is easy to maintain :battingeyelashes: I remember my mother when she wore nylon stockings and a dress she didn't shave her legs, I thought that was strange at the time?

meganmartin
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
If you take notice while out many men shave their legs, dont think it is as taboo as it once was.

Early on i was apprehensive like you but now i am hooked on the feeling of having shaven legs...Way cool

GingerLeigh
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
A guy shaving his legs is only a problem if he's under suspicion already. People won't really talk other than to tease you a little initially and that's if they even notice. You can always ask why they've noticed and put them on the spot.

Elizebeth
01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Just do it, I been shaving mine for years and wearing shorts the only one to say a thing is my wife

Jessica Louis
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I shave my legs in the fall, winter and spring but not in the summer. I'm going to give it a try it this summer tho. I guess it depends also on the style of shorts or swim trunks that you wear. If you wear Bermuda Shorts or swim trunks then maybe it won't be so noticeable. Most of the hair on my lower legs wears away anyway because of the rubbing of the pants on my legs. Maybe a good tan will help hide the fact that you shave your legs.

Jessica

danielletorresani
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I wish I could shave my legs. Only done it a few times and I loved it, though the upkeep sucked.

Can't really do it, though. The wife would be suspicious.

Gillian Gigs
01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Tracy, you said that people would notice if you shaved your legs. Are they really that observant?? If you think that they would notice, then start off by trimming everything back a little bit, chest, and arms also. Then in a couple of weeks trim a bit more, and so on until everything is short. Then shave the legs, no one will notice because it was not done in the extreme, of hairy today and bare tomorrow.

Kaz
01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I think a lot of this is culturally based. Australia has a certain male culture that in the UK is as stereotyped as 'poms' are in Aussie land! Come back at me Tracy if you disagree!

You don't find many Greeks (a warm place) with shaved legs, nor Italy... France is a bit different but they just claim they are cyclists (Tour de France) - supports the National pride!

I can imagine Queensland being a little tricky... I haven't had many problems in the UK, but then when do we get the chance to wear shorts over here? And when we do all the women say... "cover them up, you look stupid!"... white exposed male hairy legs do not look good to many women! But in Queensland... hmmm!

geri-tg.
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I live in and live in shorts. Been shaving for years. No comments just a great felling having smooth legs. If you shave you will be hooked.

Tracy - new dresser
01-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I think a lot of this is culturally based. Australia has a certain male culture that in the UK is as stereotyped as 'poms' are in Aussie land! Come back at me Tracy if you disagree!

You don't find many Greeks (a warm place) with shaved legs, nor Italy... France is a bit different but they just claim they are cyclists (Tour de France) - supports the National pride!

I can imagine Queensland being a little tricky... I haven't had many problems in the UK, but then when do we get the chance to wear shorts over here? And when we do all the women say... "cover them up, you look stupid!"... white exposed male hairy legs do not look good to many women! But in Queensland... hmmm!

yes i agree, i really like the idea of gradually trimming them then getting them waxed. im very tanned so it shouldnt look too bad lol ;)
mmm guess ill just take my time trimming and slowly over time making them shorter and shorter. Just got some new heels and instantly wanted to rush in and shave my legs :D

silkeze
01-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I have been shaving for about four years now at first I was a little apprehinsive,but to date no one has said anything. This past summer I began to wear pantyhose under my shorts. My wife didnt notice . we went shopping for the day,standing in line to purchase items no one ever acted as if they noticed. The trick is finding a brand and color that blends with your skin tone,the one I like is hue light support neud color. Have fun Tammy!

Jenniferathome
01-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Men with legs shaved is quite common. In fact do some real looking and you'll notice Asian men have little hair, blondes have less noticeable hair. There is great variation. I have shaved for two years and I have received zero questions. Zero. It's nothing

Miss Polly
01-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Lots of great advice and plausible reasons to shave here! I started shaving my legs last year and was also a bit anxious about it. The only place anyone would see my legs would be the pool or the gym but no-one has seemed to notice or care. Also, I have a suspicion that anyone so 'masculine' as to think there's something wrong with men shaving their legs, would not want to admit they were looking at another guy's legs!

Vickie_CDTV
01-13-2012, 03:47 AM
1. If you are an older person, you can use that as an excuse (hair really thins and slows as one ages and circulation decreases.)

2. You could claim to have a skin condition and it helps if you have them (make it unpleasant and they shouldn't press.)

3. You can try thinning the hair slowly over time and see what happens.

vivianann
01-13-2012, 04:03 AM
I keep my legs shaved year round, because I wear dresses quite often, and I need to be ready when the urge to put a dress on strikes. I dont care what what anybody thinks when they see my hairless legs.

DonnaT
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Be your own person, and not the person everyone else wants you to be.

Shave the hair and don't care what anyone else thinks. If you want to use the heat as an excuse, then do so, and even trim the arm hair to prove the point.

However, shaving is a chore that needs maintaining constantly, because stubble is no fun, especially when rubbing legs with an SO.

No one has ever questioned me, not family, friends or the guys in the locker room at the gym. And swimming is a much cooler experience when one shaves. And don't forget your arm pits, definitely more comfortable in the heat.

kelliT
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Years ago I used to shave through the summer. But because I mountain biked alot, no one questioned. My response, "Have you ever tried to clean a wound from dirt and rocks with hair?" In real life, shaved was the way to go if you knew at some point that you would wreck. Tanning helps too to cover up. Right now, I am happy to have shaved and wife acceptance. Problem, were going to FL in March and I would like some to grow back by than. My wife tells me it's okay, but I don't want my brother inlaw to be weirded out as I have a good relationship with him. But we'll see. This may be my first summer in many years that I attempt to not care anymore.

~Joanne~
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I try my best to keep mine shaved as they feel a lot better in pantyhose without any hair and look nicer and feel better overall with or without hose.. I only had one person, a GG, ever notice that my legs were shaved. She asked if I shaved my legs and I asked if she was checking me out and that ended that lol. I did however go a step further and explained that I have very light leg hair which thinking back I probably shouldn't have.

susancheerleader
01-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I shave my legs all the time. My hairy legs always itched at night resulting in poor sleep. So one day after a few drinks, I decided to just shave it off.
At first, I tried to wear long pants to cover it in public, even on hot days. Finaly, I just gave up, and wore shorts. I think I had a few people look at me wondering about it, but no one said a word.
The only people who gave me grief, were my co-workers but it wasn't being mean, just in fun. At first it bothered me but once I relaxed and threw them just as many punches as they threw at me, it became kind of a game. Which, in a fast paced, hot restaurant kitchen, is a good stress reliever.

sweetvictoria
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Men with shaved legs is very common today. Just shave them. I go swimming, biking, alot of other things. People I know and work with who would be really uncomfortable knowing I crossdress, know I shave my legs and other parts of my body.

donnatracey
01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I can only echo the comments of others; started shaving over a year ago and I've had no funny looks, questions, etc and I DO love the feeling - and I wear shorts for most of the year.

My original reason/excuse was I started bike riding but you know what? I don't need that excuse anymore....:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I am lucky I don't have to shave my legs.
I got them singed in a cane fire years ago and they never grew back. legs got hot but no physical burning.
Friends of mine shave their legs, they are bike riders and surfers that wear wet suits. It's like going out for the first time it gets easier after that.

Brynn_A
01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I get more comments over my earrings than my body hair..or lack thereof

paulaprimo
01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
no better feeling of nice smooth legs. i am lucky, don't have much body hair and what i have is light, so shaving legs for me is no problem and no one has ever commented on them either!

Piora
01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Shaved my legs for the first time roughly a year ago. Wore shorts all last summer at work, and no one noticed or said anything, but my daughter noticed. At that time I was not out to her, so I just told her that I hate hairy legs.

JessicaM1985
01-14-2012, 05:24 AM
I was a very hairy guy myself, and I just said screw it and took a razor to the knee. I shaved my legs, arms, pits, and even my chest. I can't reach my upper back, so this would take the help of someone else to do. I so plan to have that the hair in that area treated. It's funny that I was so worried about them being noticed. I've worn shorts since shaving my really hairy legs, and the only comments I got, were people asking me why I shaved my goatee. :lol:

Patsy
01-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't do it. Once you have shaved legs it's the first step down that long road to being a woman. You feel how sensuous they are, how smooth and silky. As I say don't do it, it's a lot simpler being male.

TGMarla
01-14-2012, 09:36 AM
I use an electric clipper on mine, and crop it close. It leaves enough hair so that they don't look shaved, but removes enough so that I can wear hosiery. I also shave my feet and my knees clean. No one, not even my wife or my brother, has even commented on it. It's a decent compromise.

Launa
01-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Do what I did and get them waxed, then theres no turning back for a good 3-4 weeks. I like the "no turing back situations" when it comes to anything CD related. Don't make excuses if you don't want to.

Krististeph
01-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think anyone requires you to wear pants if you have shaved legs... ;)

people really don't notice it, and if they do, they don't say anything.... In the couple times that people have said something (and they were only really close friends), i just use the biking excuse. which is true, i do compete in triathlons (at a local level), and both bikers and swimmers typically shave their legs. BTW you don't have to be super in shape to claim you bike or swim... everyone starts somewhere...

Truthfully i only worried about all this the first year that i had my legs shaved... the last few its not even something i ever think about when wearing shorts etc... you'll get used to it too once you realize it really isn't a big deal.

Hugs
Kaylee

Total Agreement! I'm a fairly avid as a cyclist and at the health club, I worried about this at first, but NO ONE has ever said anything! I have a decent build on top, but I raced when i was a teenager, and this build a good foundation for my legs, especially when i'm leg pressing at the gym- they look pretty ripped- it would almost be improper NOT to shave. I have gotten the odd comment from some yob in a passing car when wearing tights while cycling of skating, but overall, i've had more comments & whistles from girls! Granted, I do not hang out with gangs of guys, but it's certainly not a taboo thing if you do any kind of vigorous exercise.

I

gaylegirlify
01-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Tracy
I understand exactly how you feel as i also live in a small town in Queensland, everyone would notice, i have shaved mine in winter and worn jeans when going out.Summer much harder, lot of good ideas here though.